Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why do so many people hate the graphics?

90 replies to this topic
Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

It looks incredible, on both PS3 and Xbox 360, and there are people who just want to bitch about the graphics. Like wtf?

I can't even believe this game runs on the last-gen console.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• Lelouch vi Britannia, The Odyssey, Detective Phelps and 6 others like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

You have the right to shut the f*ck up!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

I've only seen one person complain about the graphics on here. Most people here know that GTA V's graphics are amazing

I don't know where you got the impression that "so many people" dislike the graphics.

• tom_p1980, archiebunker, Official General and 3 others like this

Bat Guano
  • Bat Guano

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:20 PM Edited by Bat Guano, 26 April 2014 - 04:22 PM.

The graphics are great, the problem is the performance.

They got better FPS than in GTA IV but the pop ins are way worse.

Blame it on the current gen(edit:actually, past gen) systems

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

The majority of people who complain are PC elitists who are frustrated that the game has yet to be announced for their platform so they bash the current platforms as a way to 'vent'
  • saintsrow, PreciousWall, Hx1349 and 7 others like this

Arran B
  • Arran B

The '80s enthusiast.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:24 PM Edited by Arran B, 26 April 2014 - 04:27 PM.

Jaggies, jaggies erry'where!

In all seriousness though the graphics are great, it's just the anti-aliasing that's the issue. This is why I'm still gonna buy V on next gen when I eventually do get a Xbox One..

Edit: I for one am always trying to adjust my TV settings in order to eliminate jagged lines and sh*t, because sometimes there will be so many that my eyes start to hurt. I've since tried sitting further away from the telly which helps, but unfortunately it's a problem that has no possible solution due to limitations. I always advance time when it's too sunny in-game so it becomes night time, which helps make the game look a billion times better..
  • saintsrow and Sw1ft562 like this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:44 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 26 April 2014 - 04:49 PM.

That first pic is zoomed in to an area with vegetation with a filter applied so obviously it'll look better.

Overall, they're not that great imo. Sure there's some nice lighting but the game still looks bad with an empty map and empty streets.

I played GTA IV and it actually looks better than V in some cases. Play IV at night time when it's raining, it looks so much better than V because the streets are more populated, there's more props lying around, it just looks awesome.

Hardware limitations my ass. A game can look very pretty without trying to force itself to look realistic, where the devs look at the hardware they have and build an art style off that.

That's why IMO Saints Row 1 looks better than SR2. SR2 tries to have a more realistic look but with the engine and hardware they have, it looks bad. SR1 doesn't have the fake shine or realistic colour palette, and that's why it looks better. It's a little unrelated but it gets my point across. Don't try and go for realistic graphics unless it actually looks realistic.
  • theGTAking101 and Thalyn like this

EpicPonyMuffins
  • EpicPonyMuffins

Killing Cops, Zombies and Cowboys since 2009

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

Because their ignorant people who only care about graphics.  

• PDXNF likes this

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

In my humble estimation, I would say, you're off base, the graphics of GTA in HD even on last gen consoles is terrific. I got my HD set around the time of RDR and bought everything but Max Payne 3 for both consoles, so, I'm very pleased with how it's evolving

• fac316 likes this

Canes21
  • Canes21

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

I think GTA V looks good overall, especially for being on last generation consoles. However, the main problems I have with the graphics are the jaggies everywhere. IV was nothing close to what V is like in terms of jaggies. Also, the ground textures throughout the country side are pretty bad. Also, the clarity of objects and details in the distance is pretty bad. Signs and billboards are blurry until you are right on them. Street lines don't even render except for up to 10 feet from your vehicle.

I am not saying the game is bad at all in terms of graphics, but it is far from perfect. It still looks beautiful at times, but I wish it were to release for PS4/XB1 or PC so that the jaggies would disappear and everything would render in clearly from far distances. After playing Infamous and other games on my PS4 and of course games on my PC, I hope the standard for games going forward is to reduce jaggies as much as possible from now on, and to make sure all text and details are clear at distances. I would gladly take a smooth clear world over another game suffering from GTA V's problems, despite how good it still looks.

• arrout and fac316 like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:25 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 26 April 2014 - 05:37 PM.

It undeniable that V pushed the PS3/XB360 to their limits,even my college-mate told me that V Graphics are Way better than AC4...btw i never hear noone complain about V's Graphics nowhere on the WorldWideWeb (other sites).

@LazyBoy
Saints Row have always had bad graphics it nothing new,I can put a V vs SR2/3/4 graphics here and V makes those 3 games looks SOOO Outdated...infact IV's Graphics makes SR1/2/3/4 looks cartoonish talk less of saying V.

EVOLUTION AT IT FINEST :) Here:

GTA 4 vs GTA5:

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mDJIEEkRtA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

It's crazy to think that GTA SA was only released 10 years ago... I love you, technology.

• pilscy likes this

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

The depressing side of the graphics for me is reuse of familiar car models that looked poor to begin with. Rockstar to me seem to be saying in this that the same artists are there working, within the mechanism of the new engine, improving the old, but this is what the PC users have been doing, and even better, adding lacking licensed vehicles.

Something I appreciate but Rockstar will never endorse.

It just keeps improving, and for me, with both consoles, the only real downside is why PS3 can't do the full 1080P like Xbox, when it's the newer kit!

Eazyy
  • Eazyy

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

I didn't see anyone complaining about the graphics..

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Jaggies would, by definition be a factor in Anti-Aliasing, which is really just a blurring technique to soften the edge of pixels found on corners of objects graphically. This factor tends to come under scrutiny with regard to the consoles mostly, but it's also a factor for what TV you have, and others...as well as PC graphics cards, which don't all use the same electronics and drivers.

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

Because only kids and people with no brain complaining about the graphics of Grand Theft Auto V.

MikeyDLuffy
  • MikeyDLuffy

Cucamonga Cracker Killaz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

I'm really happy with the graphics. This is coming from someone that started playing games when the NES was king.

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

lol What are you talking about ? I didn't see anyone complaining.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

What are you on about? The graphics are the best part of the game.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Because this runs at ~25fps:
Spoiler

The lighting timecycs look great, but the low resolution, complete lack of AA and AF, and its low framerate definitely isn't pretty.
  • Thalyn likes this

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

Those who complain about bad graphics are on Xbox. sh*t textures will always look bad no matter how good the lighting is. 

Voggens
  • Voggens

Detective; Castellanos

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:43 PM Edited by Voggens, 26 April 2014 - 08:43 PM.

My problem was the brightness, default just doesn't look right. Since I started to play with low brightness and adjusting the color intensity on the TV it looks so much better, almost as Trailer 1.

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:44 PM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 26 April 2014 - 08:46 PM.

It's amazing by console standards. But when people start thoroughly scrutinizing 10 year old hardware compared to their high end gaming PC that is constantly upgraded, then people bitch.

Honestly, when the PC version comes out, it's not going to look much different than console outside of mods. Less jaggies, higher FPS, but that's about it. Rockstar isn't known for improving their graphics on PC ports.

• PDXNF likes this

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:48 PM Edited by sibs44, 26 April 2014 - 08:48 PM.

It's amazing by console standards. But when people start thoroughly scrutinizing 10 year old hardware compared to their high end gaming PC that is constantly upgraded, then people bitch.

Honestly, when the PC version comes out, it's not going to look much different than console outside of mods. Less jaggies, higher FPS, but that's about it. Rockstar isn't known for improving their graphics on PC ports.

They are going against Next-gen, so it's going to look noticeably different. It has to look good. 

Cl4ud35p33d
  • Cl4ud35p33d

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

GTAV and Max Payne 3 both have amazing graphics, IMO.

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:53 PM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 26 April 2014 - 08:55 PM.

They are going against Next-gen, so it's going to look noticeably different. It has to look good. 

It's nothing to do with whether the have to or not, it's whether they will or not. I don't think Rockstar is going to prioritize trying to make a port of one game compete with next gen consoles with how much money they have already made. I'm sure they could, but going by what's already happened in the past with their previous PC ports (Most notably IV), it's going to be the console graphics with less jaggies and higher FPS. Of course that doesn't take into account all of the graphical improves modders will make of course.

BrokenLizard
  • BrokenLizard

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

Because this runs at ~25fps:

Spoiler

The lighting timecycs look great, but the low resolution, complete lack of AA and AF, and its low framerate definitely isn't pretty.

This is a realistic look at the graphics. Not photoshopped.

RodneysLeftNut
  • RodneysLeftNut

OG LOC IN THE HOUSE

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

It is honestly a stunning game. Except for the horrid murky mountain textures, and some pop in. the fps is a huge improvement over gta4 which ran pretty bad on ps3 and s360 

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

I didn't see complain about graphic. Anyway, as much as i'm critical about V, i must admit it has great graphic, and it looks very clean with good sun effects that gives me little Vice City vibe. 

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:36 PM Edited by Official General, 26 April 2014 - 09:42 PM.

I've only seen one person complain about the graphics on here. Most people here know that GTA V's graphics are amazing

I don't know where you got the impression that "so many people" dislike the graphics.

Exactly. I don't know what the f**k the OP is talking about. I criticize this game a lot for it's various flaws, but even I have always acknowledged that GTA V has brilliant graphics for what it is. It looks amazing on my PS3, I was very surprised and stunned at what an incredible job Rockstar did with the graphics. 

@ OP

Kill that noise, nobody on here complained about V's graphics, you must mean some other site. As someone said earlier, for console standards, V's graphics are up there with the best of it's kind. 

• fac316 likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

Aside from the lack of AA, the graphics are pretty great. One of the main complaints about previous GTA games was the crappy draw distance which is fixed here, the view distance, weather effects and lighting are just amazing. All you have to do is compare the timecycs to see how V relies on an actual lighting engine to provide global illumination and is the reason why lighting at night is pretty amazing once the screen has been configured to display it properly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users