Photo

LOOKING FOR - San Andreas cars converted to Vice City

24 replies to this topic
Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:55 PM Edited by Blastoise1994, 26 April 2014 - 02:56 PM.

Hey guys! Just looking to spice up my Vice City playthrough a bit and thought I'd add a few of the period correct vehicles (IRL equivalent released 1986 or earlier) and I'm looking for the following cars converted to VC:

- Broadway

- Buffalo

- Club (Especially this one!)

- Camper

- Feltzer

- Picador

- Windsor

I'd really like it if they didn't have custom rims like the original Vice City vehicles, and if they're regular TXD and DFF and not mvl files. Thanks a lot! : D

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=16432 - Here are some SA vehicles for GTA3. They will work for VC too.

• Blastoise1994 likes this

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

Thanks! The only one on my list it has is the Buffalo, but I might install the Clover too! 

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

No problem. I also have the SA Manana, Tornado and Elegant. Wanna it?

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

Sure! I think the Tornado would fit right in. :)

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:04 PM Edited by Jeansowaty, 26 April 2014 - 05:06 PM.

http://www.speedysha...eMoreSAcars.zip - Here. Elegant and Manana are from the GTA3 The Worst City mod and the Tornado is from GTA3 Snow City. I almost forgot, I also have a Hustler.

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

Err, thanks but how do you download from that site? Is there no way to do it without having to download their .exe?

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

Wait wait wait... I'll give you it via Mediafire. Here: https://www.mediafir...hdgic34unna960t

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

Thanks a ton man! : D

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

No problem :)

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:27 AM Edited by Blastoise1994, 27 April 2014 - 06:50 AM.

7OHBCzr.png

After a while searching around I found a few vague tutorials on how to convert a car from SA to III and whipped this up! I'm guessing the rest of the textures are somewhere else in the GTA3.img, considering the only ones in the club.txd itself were for the interior.

EDIT:

UZ1MDbl.png

Then I realized the important dummies can actually be imported directly to VC from SA! This means less trouble for me, since I won't have to spend time moving dummies around. Now all that's left are the textures.

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:57 AM Edited by Blastoise1994, 27 April 2014 - 12:32 PM.

Sorry for the double post, but I'm bumping since I now need help with something totally different. The Club's model will show up in GGMM, but the car won't appear in-game. It slows down at points, which is, I'm assuming where a Virgo would normally spawn. Just to be sure I tested it out and replaced the Oceanic that spawns outside of the hotel with the Club, and it still didn't appear. Can anyone here help me out on this?

EDIT: I thought it might be because I reused the SA dummies for it, but I tried the old version with Virgo dummies and it still didn't show. 

EDIT 2: Tried keeping the names the same and now it's not even showing up at all. Starting to get a little annoyed. 

EDIT 3: Maybe it's because I used the Stinger's model as a base this time (forgot to back-up the stock Virgo files before I made the Club's dff and txd. Oops!) but I did everything pretty much EXACTLY as I did the first time and now only the chassis is showing in GGMM. If I go into hierarchy and unclick the chassis, the windshield, doors and Stinger's fenders (I left those in thinking maybe it wasn't showing ingame because it didn't have the "wing" parts) show. This is confusing and frustrating when it should be extremely simple. :/

For the record, I'm using ZModeler 2.2.2, importing a Vice City model, renaming and rearranging the San Andreas model's parts accordingly, deleting the VC model and exporting as SA .DFF. (VC and III aren't available options, so I assume it's all the same.)

EDIT 4: So, I decided to try something a little different. Basically, what I'm doing here is trying to add a larger variety of period correct vehicles to the first two 3D era GTA games, making sort of a GTA3+ and GTAVC+, so I took the New Beetle lookalike from the Myriad Island mod and tried to go about putting it in GTA3 the same way I tried with the Club in VC. Here's what happened.

Start ZModeler, import Manana.dff, import Turtle.dff, re-order everything to match the Manana's hierarchy, delete original Manana bits, rename original Manana dff to manana2, export turtle.dff as manan.dff, install it in GGMM, start up GTA3. Looking for Manana in traffic... No luck, but the game is doing the same weird pauses as VC did with the Club. Okay? I save my game, and as I'm exiting my safehouse, I see a Manana... A stock Manana. I assume the game has somehow loaded the .img from my original GTA3 folder. (I always keep more than one copy, one unchanged and one modded at least) I steal the car, store it in my game, save and exit.

Install the car in my original GTA3 using IMG editor this time hoping that might solve the texturing issues, start gta3 again, walk over to my garage... It won't open. Seems I've f*cked up big-time. :c

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

Have you added the textures of the "vehicle.txd" file found in the Generic folder in GTASA? And have you converted the texture to VC format?

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:35 PM Edited by Blastoise1994, 27 April 2014 - 02:22 PM.

Yeah, I got the vehicles.txd, inserted a new image, imported the Club's interior as a .tga, renamed it to the original texture name, clicked the drop-down menu in the lower corner and clicked VC (Not xBox version) then exported as oceanic.txd.

Maybe I could send you the files to have a quick glance-over and tell me what I did wrong if you aren't busy?

EDIT: Just a pic of the car I'm trying to put in GTA3 'cause I think the color really fits it and the rims look excellent on it... xBox rims, BTW. :p

PT8oP7W.png

EDIT 2: Found a VC-Ready version of one of the cars I'm trying to put into III, so I might just go ahead and use that version instead of the SA version.

TZZyRjC.png

EDIT 3: To clarify, at first the model wasn't working (corrupt txd) so I went in with txd workshop and deleted the affected file, turns out it was the texture for the custom wheels, which is fine anyways because I wanted to use regular GTA3 style rims. So I imported the car into ZModeler to delete the cusom rims, and it screwed the textures up.
lVP2zYF.png
TZe0tfT.png

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

Lol! This is interesting. You know, I don't know nothing about modelling for GTA so I can't really help ;/

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:36 PM Edited by Blastoise1994, 27 April 2014 - 11:43 PM.

Aww man... So I'm gonna' have to go at it alone? 

Ehh, I'll probably figure out what's wrong eventually. From what I can tell, ZModeler isn't reading all the textures, and it's dumping certain textures in as garbage data to fill the holes of the ones it's not reading. Honestly I'm not modeling, I just need to remove the custom wheel meshes so that the real wheels will show up ingame.

EDIT: GTA VC progress! I got the Club to show up ingame, now I just have to clean up a few little errors! (Headlights, interior, SA grunge rather than VC watercolor) and it'll be ready to be REALLY installed (Adding, not replacing!)

TTo1Pnu.png

EDIT 2: Got the interior working but for some silly reason I can't fix the darn headlights. I'll go into the materials editor in ZModeler and change the colors to white, export but as soon as I import again I get blue and yellow headlights. :/

pSKFUIp.png

Also, I think the Bug's textures messing is some ancient form of .dff locking considering the file won't open in zmodeler 1.07b. :S

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:56 PM Edited by Jeansowaty, 03 May 2014 - 01:56 PM.

Interesting... the car looks awesome! Can you share a link?

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

Thanks! For which one, the Club?

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

Thanks! For which one, the Club?

Then did you convert more than the Club? O_O

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

I converted the Club and Buffalo, but they still have the headlight issue sadly. :c

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

The Buffalo was already converted, but meh. Seems like a package will come up from this... are you going to release them? :D

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:59 PM

Sorry for double post, but I found some more cars. http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=2161

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

Well, the old Buffalo, no offense to the person who converted it, wasn't converted very well. This one will be, I hope. :p

Also, interestingly a lot of those are Myriad Islands cars! o3o

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:19 PM

LOL. Might they be stolen?

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

Well, the Beetle I've been modifying is a Myriad car too (More on that later!) and the mod is so old I'd personally consider it public domain by now. :p

On that Beetle look-alike... 

NtcB9ac.png

wmpHBxF.png

Progress! : D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users