Quantcast

» «
Photo

Oracle.. difference between the two models?

32 replies to this topic
Krypt0nite1989
  • Krypt0nite1989

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

Can anyone answer this?

Levianne
  • Levianne

Green eyed miracle

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:27 PM Edited by Levianne, 26 April 2014 - 02:29 PM.

Visuals, I would say. Like by the two Ballers, you have the older model and the newer one. Performance wise they're the same. Oh and the newer Baller (sportier version) misses some visual mods (bumpers and such). But I don't know about the Oracles well. Should be the same in my opinion.

mikkelhansen
  • mikkelhansen

Mojn då!

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

According to the Social Club car stats the "new" version of the Oracle has slightly better stats, which is also why I got that one, and not the old version, which is not as nice-looking either IMO...

Pegassi
  • Pegassi

Owner of Dubai

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

The second gen Oracle is basically a BMW 6 SERIES.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

Besides the minor difference in performance stats it's basically the same car. Sad to say neither car has visual mods (bumpers, etc.). The newer version has a secondary paint color whereas the older one does not.

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

New one definitely has more go fast but the old one isnt slow either. Not sure about which one handles better.

MitchMaljers
  • MitchMaljers

Got these niggas going beserk.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

Visuals, I would say. Like by the two Ballers, you have the older model and the newer one. Performance wise they're the same. Oh and the newer Baller (sportier version) misses some visual mods (bumpers and such). But I don't know about the Oracles well. Should be the same in my opinion.

Aaaaannd you're wrong.

The old Baller performs worser on the road than the new one, but offroad it performs better.

• jtet37 likes this

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:44 AM

The handling data on both is nearly identical. There's very minor differences.

The second gen Oracle is 50 Kg heavier, has 0.01 more engine torque and has 0.10 more lateral traction curve(whatever that means).  There's also a tiny difference in one of the suspension parameters and in something called the seat offset.

Krypt0nite1989
  • Krypt0nite1989

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

Thanks guys. I did drive them both. I felt that the old one handled a little better. But the new one was faster. Maybe that's it.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:36 PM Edited by Fearx--, 27 April 2014 - 02:38 PM.

Oracle 1 is based on a BMW 7 series e65 and is the same model used in GTA IV. In this game it is called Oracle XS. The Oracle 2 is the newer generation available exclusively to GTA V. This one you can only purchase off the site for $80,000. Both versions have very similar stats. My personal favourite is the Oracle 1.

0_0.jpg

• CrusherTroi and Aquaticwonder like this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

Um... They're both very different. The older car is very loose, has a ridiculous amount of body roll and will oversteer with little provocation. The newer car is more taut and extremely stable. It takes a lot to upset it. It's neutral for the most part, but it's prone to understeer.

REXX93
  • REXX93

The Subject | The Hotchick

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

I currently drive the Oracle 2 and I agree with @WeAreNinja that it understeers, but apart from that, it stats are pretty good, its bodywork and design is top notch and that is why it is one of my favorite cars :D

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:39 AM

Um... They're both very different. The older car is very loose, has a ridiculous amount of body roll and will oversteer with little provocation. The newer car is more taut and extremely stable. It takes a lot to upset it. It's neutral for the most part, but it's prone to understeer.

that has more to do with one's driving style. in regards to concrete stats, there are no significant differences, unless if you can prove it

teagle
  • teagle

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:53 AM

7 series
  • We Are Ninja likes this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"I command thy castle hounds, kick Uru's ass..."

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:55 AM

What?

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:53 AM

that has more to do with one's driving style. in regards to concrete stats, there are no significant differences, unless if you can prove it

Driving style has nothing to do with the way the cars handle or in-game physics. Your driving style would determine which of the two cars suited you better. And, the stats for most of the cars are way off...

teagle
  • teagle

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:02 AM

Driving style has nothing to do with the way the cars handle or in-game physics. Your driving style would determine which of the two cars suited you better. And, the stats for most of the cars are way off...

Exactly this. Your driving style does not influence the game physics, however the game physics do greatly influence your driving style. This is the reason different body styles/classes perform so differently, it's not by chance. The XS and Non-XS versions both perform quite differently.
  • We Are Ninja likes this

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:36 AM Edited by pokemon4ever, 28 April 2014 - 02:37 AM.

Exactly this. Your driving style does not influence the game physics, however the game physics do greatly influence your driving style. This is the reason different body styles/classes perform so differently, it's not by chance. The XS and Non-XS versions both perform quite differently.

yeah you're right, the social club vehicle stats can be pretty off but what I posted was from the handling file

I see what you guys are saying but those are things which will vary for every person. For example you said there is a lot of oversteering in the car. Well, oversteer is influenced by many factors including some relative to the car such as the tyre and weight. GTA V includes some of these variables but it's not an advanced simulator say compared to GT or Forza. Oversteer is also affected by outside factors, like the way you are driving the car. If you're having issues with oversteering, then why not try changing your approach to the corner? There's a few ways to do this.That's why I mentioned driving style.  As for body roll, it again depends on the situation you're driving in for when you might feel it, if it even exists in the first place.

I just don't believe these two Oracle cars are as different from each other as you guys said. Did you drive both cars under ideal and similar conditions? Did one have mods and the other was unmodded? What was your speed? Did you use brakes or take the corner flat out? Many questions.

I'll try to test both of these cars out soon from an objective standpoint and post what I experience.

ToMuchMayo
  • ToMuchMayo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:17 AM

Oracle 1 is based on a BMW 7 series e65 and is the same model used in GTA IV. In this game it is called Oracle XS. The Oracle 2 is the newer generation available exclusively to GTA V. This one you can only purchase off the site for $80,000. Both versions have very similar stats. My personal favourite is the Oracle 1.

0_0.jpg

you can get the newer one off the street and store it. 

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:52 AM

Just thought I'd mention the Baller 2 is significantly faster then the other one. Those two are very very different.

MitchMaljers
  • MitchMaljers

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

That's what I already said, the older Baller is better for off roading though.

REXX93
  • REXX93

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

Well, I thought I'd post a pic of my Oracle 2 :)

0_0.jpg

• MitchMaljers likes this

NFFC_NICK
  • NFFC_NICK

Thrill seeker

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

0_0.jpg

Newer Oracle looks better, and drives slightly better to

MitchMaljers
  • MitchMaljers

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

0_0.jpg

Yeah! Looks clean as sh*t, mine looks exactly the same!

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

yeah you're right, the social club vehicle stats can be pretty off but what I posted was from the handling file

I see what you guys are saying but those are things which will vary for every person. For example you said there is a lot of oversteering in the car. Well, oversteer is influenced by many factors including some relative to the car such as the tyre and weight. GTA V includes some of these variables but it's not an advanced simulator say compared to GT or Forza. Oversteer is also affected by outside factors, like the way you are driving the car. If you're having issues with oversteering, then why not try changing your approach to the corner? There's a few ways to do this.That's why I mentioned driving style.  As for body roll, it again depends on the situation you're driving in for when you might feel it, if it even exists in the first place.

I just don't believe these two Oracle cars are as different from each other as you guys said. Did you drive both cars under ideal and similar conditions? Did one have mods and the other was unmodded? What was your speed? Did you use brakes or take the corner flat out? Many questions.

I'll try to test both of these cars out soon from an objective standpoint and post what I experience.

Not quite. A car that is prone to oversteer is prone to oversteer. It's a facet of the car's manner that the driver cannot change. He can influence, control and even utilize the car's tendency with skill and ability, but a car that oversteers is a car that oversteers. A skilled driver can minimize oversteer by finding better lines and braking points, but the driver is making changes to suit the car's attitude, the car isnt' changing based on what the driver is doing. Oversteer/understeer is something you have to tune out with tires, weight distribution, suspension changes, etc. Same with body roll. Basically, you've got it backwards; the car's natural tendencies determine how you have to respond to it in order to drive it effectively.

As far as experience with both, the Oracle mk2 was the first car I got online. The mk1 was the 2nd. I raced them both and modded them simultaneously. I didn't sell them both until the billionaire days. They are very, very different vehicles. The mk1 feels like they lifted the car directly out of GTA4, exaggerated physics and all. The mk2 feels like it was designed for GTA5. It's almost unrealistic how different the two cars are considering that one is supposed to be a successor to the other...

• jyssys likes this

REXX93
  • REXX93

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

0_0.jpg

Yeah! Looks clean as sh*t, mine looks exactly the same!

Took the picture as soon as it came out of the carwash! :)

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

0_0.jpg

you can get the newer one off the street and store it. 

Yes I am aware.

ToMuchMayo
  • ToMuchMayo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:28 PM

everyone had one in black lol

0_0.jpg

REXX93
  • REXX93

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:19 AM

Haha! I personally think Black suits it best. Ice White isn't to bad either! :)

Pomlei
  • Pomlei

Memories

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:27 AM

Tried to Impreza my Oracle 2

0_0.jpg

Need to update the photo as this is from my pre-HDMI days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users