Photo

If they do make full story DLC it should be dark and gritty

98 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

TBOGT was sort of a bone for people who wanted more over the top San Andreas style gameplay and it worked great. It had a more lighthearted story and over the top weapons plus fast and flashier cars and an attack chopper. It also had over the top missions. 

Some people complain that V is too over the top and shallow so why not throw a bone to people who want IV style gameplay and story. Make a dark and gritty story and make the driving and handling as IV like as possible the way TBOGT sort of tightened up the handling. 

• visionist, sqre, Official General and 7 others like this

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

I can't think of a way they could make V more gritty given the story location ,and the atmosphere of the city , but they could if they came out with a story set in North Yankton, set in a earlier time.

• burnzy187, Apex., TJtheS2000fan and 6 others like this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

I reckon the driving aspect would be better if they add a toggle for realism and to leave it the same as it is..................as far as a gritty story I`d like something to do with Little Jacob and a similar drug dealing mechanic like china town wars but suped up to the mother f*cking maximum like.

• Blastoise1994 likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

They could something surrounding the Mexican drug cartels as the cartel involvement (or lack there of) was sh*t.
  • visionist, sqre, coach_wargo and 5 others like this

Bat Guano
  • Bat Guano

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

IV style missions?"Pursue character X then kill him"? no thanks

GTA V had less missions for sure but at least none of them were the same

• archiebunker, visionist, InTheShadowsSince04 and 2 others like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

Neither were IV's.
  • sqre, AndrewDeSanta, thekillerdonuts and 3 others like this

Bat Guano
  • Bat Guano

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

Neither were IV's.

Yeah because the person you had to kill was different every time, and sometimes you had to kill more than 1.

Anyway: IV writing style is welcome, but please dont bring back the boring missions

• GutterMouthPWG, visionist, GourangaMaster and 7 others like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

IV did have a lot of shootouts in warehouses but the mission variety is much better than people give it credit for. They can still have varied missions but with a grittier kind of story. They can even add some of the less fancy cars from IV like the old Blista Compact, Uranus, Dukes and Rhapsody. R threw the SA fans a bone with TBOGT so why not throw IV fans a bone?

• Miamivicecity, sqre, TJtheS2000fan and 3 others like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

IV did have a lot of shootouts in warehouses but the mission variety is much better than people give it credit for. They can still have varied missions but with a grittier kind of story. They can even add some of the less fancy cars from IV like the old Blista Compact, Uranus, Dukes and Rhapsody. R threw the SA fans a bone with TBOGT so why not throw IV fans a bone?

IV had some great missions that weren't shootouts in dark and crappy warehouses. Paper Trail, I'll Take Her, Truck Hustle, Flatline, Entourage..

It's possible to have some IV esque style missions without a warehouse shootout.
  • visionist and sqre like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

IV had some great missions that weren't shootouts in dark and crappy warehouses. Paper Trail, I'll Take Her, Truck Hustle, Flatline, Entourage..

It's possible to have some IV esque style missions without a warehouse shootout.

True and of course Three Leaf Clover but even the hardest IV hater will give them credit for that. I forget the name but I also like that mission where you kill the lawyer.

• adictoGTA likes this

Bat Guano
  • Bat Guano

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

I want the Dukes back too.

Best car of IV

• Ottomatic46 likes this

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

True and of course Three Leaf Clover but even the hardest IV hater will give them credit for that. I forget the name but I also like that mission where you kill the lawyer.

Final Interview. Was also kinda sad considering Niko said "I always wanted to be a Lawyer..".

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

TFW I actually am your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:20 PM Edited by Blastoise1994, 26 April 2014 - 04:20 PM.

Honestly, I'm thinking they JUST might do a Liberty City DLC pack. This is all really speculation based on a rumor (Someone said some DJ was voicing a radio DJ for another LC based GTA and I'm thinking either that's the story DLC, or a Vita/3DS game.) but I think it could work decently.

I'm thinking the first DLC this time around will be another dreary, overcast game based in Liberty City. Why do I think this? There's demand for a GTA with a more sobering atmosphere and honestly, LC would be easy to convert over, and multiple cities would, at least in my opinion, bring a LOT to GTA Online... Oh, and another thing? The relative ease of this first full-story DLC would give Rockstar time to work on the second one, which I believe will be a crazy, balls-out, over the top game set in Vice City.

Maybe I'm giving Rockstar too much credit, but I'd really like to see things play out like this. :p

oldbag69
  • oldbag69

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:25 PM Edited by oldbag69, 26 April 2014 - 05:27 PM.

They could something surrounding the Mexican drug cartels as the cartel involvement (or lack there of) was sh*t.

I agree cartels would be good for that gritty vibe people getting heads cut off with chainsaws,desert shootouts,kidnapping etc lots of potential
  • visionist, soundless248, HUGOHL and 4 others like this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

What about that mission where Niko got to sneak up into a museum that turn to sh*t? f*ck that mission was epic.

Sotftier and darker tipe of humor they got on IV would make it gritty anyway, even with all the Los Santos atmosphere.

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Rooftop Sniper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

More gangs! Particularly adding an Asian Gang based on Tiny Raskals. And also a gang based on Straight Edge. 

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

I agree cartels would be good for that gritty vibe people getting heads cut off with chainsaws,desert shootouts,kidnapping etc lots of potential

Cartels is definetly the way to go for DLC.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

I thought the game needed more unicorns and rainbows... there was a Teddy Bear, but Trevor defiled him... maybe we could have some DLC, where we play as Mr Strawberry Jam...  ? 

That aught to be interesting...

• RooneyLFC likes this

oldbag69
  • oldbag69

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

I was thinking about the movie savages, not really gritty in my opinion but I like the idea of the cartel kidnapping someone important to the characters and have the dlc revolve around getting them back at any cost. Maybe Tracey
  • sqre likes this

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:28 AM

Something dark and gritty based out in Blaine county would be nice.
  • coach_wargo, AndrewDeSanta, HUGOHL and 1 other like this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:47 AM

Something Dark and Gritty like the original Max Payne would be f*cking awesome. God I hope this happens.

• visionist likes this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:41 AM Edited by bikerman3, 28 April 2014 - 02:41 AM.

make the driving and handling as IV 

i don't care if its dark but this is a NO 

• archiebunker and InTheShadowsSince04 like this

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:11 AM

are you fckin crazy? new york is rainy and gritty.. cold looking... cali is what? sunny right ?? stop being a dumb ass ... thread like this ... where is ravii when ya need him

oldbag69
  • oldbag69

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:21 AM Edited by oldbag69, 28 April 2014 - 03:24 AM.

are you fckin crazy? new york is rainy and gritty.. cold looking... cali is what? sunny right ?? stop being a dumb ass ... thread like this ... where is ravii when ya need him

Just because it's California doesn't mean there isn't great potential for a dark story I mean really think about it heinous sh*t still goes down regardless of scenery and weather. Or do you think that monsters only come out at night?

Also as someone from California I feel that I should inform you that our weather and climate is different depending on where you live. Obviously LA is sunny mostly

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:39 AM

Well first of all, you didn't have to read the thread. Second of all, dark and gritty doesn't have to mean the f*cking weather. It can be a dark tone. Even happy happy joy joy places like you think San Andreas is have their dark sides
  • oldbag69 likes this

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:25 AM

Something Dark and Gritty like the original Max Payne would be f*cking awesome. God I hope this happens.

Oh hell yeah the original max Payne was about as dark as a video game can be. That would be amazing
  • neonhideki98 likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Then perhaps we shall start a revolution of our own

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:28 AM

I can't think of a way they could make V more gritty given the story location ,and the atmosphere of the city , but they could if they came out with a story set in North Yankton, set in a earlier time.

You can make a gritty story in LA. Have you seen Drive, for example? And there are plenty of other serious dramas set in LA. Also, did everybody forgot L. A. Noire?

Really, "It doesn't fit the location!" is the cheapest and laziest excuse ever. TBoGT was nothing like IV and TLaD and it fit Liberty City. Max Payne 3 was one of darkest games I've ever played and it's set in sunny Brazil. If anything, "upbeat locaction/dark story" makes for a good contrast.

• HUGOHL, InTheShadowsSince04 and Eddie_INTV like this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

It's too late for what you're asking for in the forthcoming DLC, but at the same time, we could be lucky enough to have one (or something close to that) in the end.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

Not a chance. It's probably going to be DAMN ALIENS.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

Add a colombian gang like The Zetas.
They don't sell drugs.
They don't pimp hoes.
They f*ck sh*t up in most horrible way. In a put-live-person-in-a-barrel-full-of-diesel-and-burn-him-slowly-way.
They trade and worship death.

Unleash Trevor Philips on them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users