Argument for Cash Cards

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
174 replies to this topic
freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:44 PM Edited by freedomna, 29 April 2014 - 01:41 PM.

bannerfans_966551_zps33ff3873.jpg

EDIT: Let us try to keep this thread ontopic. Keep the debate to cash cards only, we do not need to go into great detail about if GTAO is a separate game from GTAV. This is a good thread, I would hate to see it locked.

Hello and welcome to my thread. For those of you who know me you know that I love cash cards. Last week I got into two debates on cash cards and to be honest it is hard to manage an argument on two different threads, so to make things easier on myself I am creating one thread which I can monitor and debate on. The setup of this thread will be simple: on this post there will be (paraphrased) common posts that I see from people who hate cash cards and I will rebuke them. An FAQ of sorts. When posting please construct your argument somewhat logically. Just saying "I hate cash cards" is not a logical argument. Saying "I hate cash cards because x y z" is a logical argument. 

Statement: Another cash card thread?!?!?

Rebuttal: I needed a place to post my argument. Posting a thread size post in a dozen threads is not really efficient. Having one main thread for a thread size post is efficient. I do not find it fair to equate this thread to the drivel that populates the super majority of Cash Card threads as this is not like a majority of the Cash Card threads. This thread uses logical arguments to state the OP's opinion instead of just saying "Cash Cards Rule/Suck" and leaving it at that. 

Statement: You are stupid for spending your money on fake cash.

Rebuttal: I am not spending my money on fake cash (well technically I am), I am buying a service. Let me give an example:

Suppose I really want a car; I could go to the junkyard and scavenge some free parts, yes? Get some buddies and work long nights for many months restoring a clunker to pristine condition. Or I could go the other route and pay $10,000 for some guy to do it for me. By choosing the latter I decided that the value of me not wanting to labour is worth $10,000. That labour (or lack there of) has a monetary value. I do not want to spend my time working on something so I am willing to pay for it. My laziness is worth something ($10,000). The same applies to GTA. I could spend my time labouring over RR to the point I eat my M1911, or I can pay Rockstar to do it for me.

Statement: You are getting ripped off by cash cards, they are over priced

Rebuttal: Define over priced. Value is in the eye of the consumer. What is not valuable to you, may be valuable to someone else. In a capitalist system it is impossible to have something over priced for long as the laws of supply and demand would not allow it.

Let me give you an example of what I mean. Suppose you have a product that you say is worth $100 and you put it on the market to sell. If no one buys the product you are forced to lower the price until there is a demand for whatever you are supplying because the consumers dictate you are over charging. Once you reach a point where both you and your consumers walk away happy, then you reach the perfect price to sell your product for.

Statement: Not too long ago the way the world worked was: you got a game, played it, unlocked stuff as you went along, no need for grinding or paying to avoid grinding.Now with the obvious price increase from Single Player (which is completely unneeded for any reason other than selling cash cards) this whole Free to Play thing is just one big scam.

Rebuttal: The cost to make a game has increased over the past decade. When the supplier's costs go up, so do yours.

Statement: Well it is not like people never bought DLC in the past? So why doesn't Rockstar make good DLC instead of just taking the easy money route.
Rebuttal: Blame the suits. With a high cost to make a game, the suits want a quick ROI. GTA V costed about $150.000.000 to make, that is a hefty price tag. A good DLC on the scale of Ballad of Gay Tony (BGOT) would cost about the same. So in order to convince the powers that be that another hundred million is worth it, they need to show that they can get their return on investment back fast. The best way to do that is with Cash Cards. So whenever someone buys a cash card, thank them as they are bringing us one step closer to another BGOT.

Question: Why buy money when you can just use all these amazing glitches?

Rebuttal: I have common sense? Rockstar hates glitchers and to be honest, it is not that hard to detect a glitcher. If you have a few hundred million in car sales, my guess is you are on Rockstar's radar. I would rather not get banned thank you kindly. 

Question: Rockstar never bans glitchers, what are you talking about?

Rebuttal: Yes they do. They also do; cash resets, permanent bad sport lobby, etc. Not worth it in my opinion. That is ignoring the moral dilemma also, there is no difference between glitching GTA bucks and pirating music. Both are morally wrong and legally wrong.

Statement: Rockstar doesn't care about glitchers.

Rebuttal: (7) you will not cheat or utilize any unauthorized robot, spider, or other program in connection with the Online Services;

That is from their legal section... as in violating it is not legal. I highly doubt if Rockstar didn't care they would make you sign a legal document saying you won't do what they don't care about.

Statement: Stop being self righteous!!!!

Rebuttal: I am not being self-righteous. I am voicing my opinion, and using facts to explain how I got to that opinion in the first place. It is called an persuasive argument.

Statement: I bought cash cards and then xmas money-giftpocalypse happened. So I spent my money for no reason and felt foolish. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Rebuttal: As long as you didn't go on a spending spree, you should still have the money. If you did go on a spending spree, consider the money you got on Xmas a bonus as they didn't remove the items you bought (which they should have, but that is a different topic).

Question: If Rockstar needs money, why not use a Subscription Model? It is vastly superiour.

Rebuttal:  Both systems have their pros and cons. I will say I enjoy the Microtransaction model as with a subscription system free players would get upset that the subs have better equipment.

• Xyn, BallinOutOfMind, Flūttershy and 9 others like this

Vanilla Poison
  • Vanilla Poison

Get out me Buzzard!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:47 PM Edited by Vanilla Poison, 25 April 2014 - 04:48 PM.

Please stop with the cash card threads, one goes and another comes.
  • tom_p1980, reiniat, TimelyMeerkat and 1 other like this

Dottie
  • Dottie

So Predictable

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

TL;DR version
Kesh Kerdz
  • tom_p1980 and StewNorth like this

jakfox
  • jakfox

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

Do you work for R*?

=|

Sales must be dwindling. 

• tom_p1980 likes this

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:55 PM Edited by freedomna, 25 April 2014 - 04:58 PM.

Please stop with the cash card threads, one goes and another comes.

I needed a place to post my argument. Posting a thread size post in a dozen threads is not really efficient. Having one main thread for a thread size post is efficient. I do not find it fair to equate this thread to the drivel that populates the super majority of Cash Card threads as this is not like a majority of the Cash Card threads. This thread uses logical arguments to state the OP's opinion instead of just saying "Cash Cards Rule/Suck" and leaving it at that. 

TL;DR version
Kesh Kerdz

If you do not bother to read, do not bother to post. It is not that hard, in fact it is easier. See instead of clicking reply and then typing... you don't. Saves you time, and saves me time as I do not have to read this nonsense.

Do you work for R*?

=|

Sales must be dwindling. 

Nope, I am just a player with an opinion.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

Logic is lost on this forum, don't waste your time.

• Ninjambie and ManInBlack like this

SouthWestPayDay
  • SouthWestPayDay

Tha SouthWest Soldier...BIG money folder...Motorolla holder

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

I hate Cash Cards because X, Y & Z
  • meatrocket8, mrkush90 and TimelyMeerkat like this

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

It's not like peoples are forced to buy cash cards. I mean, you can make a 5 minute mission and get

something like $ 18 000. It's not like you are on minimum wage or something.

Also guns, cars and some services cost a lot in real life too. Some of them are even free because of the DLC. I would freaking love to have a buggy, a van and a machinegun for free in real life.

Peoples really take things for granted.

• BallinOutOfMind, meatrocket8 and freedomna like this

MentalHaze
  • MentalHaze

70% of the time, it works everytime... It's Science.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:59 PM Edited by MentalHaze, 25 April 2014 - 05:01 PM.

*yawn* cash cards aren't evil, R* is a company and therefore needs to make money in order to operate and cover overhead cost. Hence cash cards. They aren't forced onto anyone one.. they are optional. They could have gone the other route and charged, for sake of argument, 10 dollars a patch instead of them being free and instead of cash cards. There have been 12 patches in total, so if this was the case, a player would essentially have to pay $120 in order to play GTAO today. Another thing they could have done is charge monthly instead of CC... so if they charged 10 a month to use their servers a player would have already paid $80 roughly to play today. The latter of the three options yield better content in the long run since every player has to pay giving the company guaranteed money. CC are optional and not all players will buy them so the content is nerfed and modified in order to heighten the need for players to buy them in order to play or stay competitive within the game. So, honestly I would rather have a subscription or paid DLC instead of CC but either way I'm not mad at R* for the use of CC. They are just trying to make money like everyone else. Jesus that was long... I need to go to bed.
  • BallinOutOfMind, SouthWestPayDay, TimelyMeerkat and 2 others like this

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

I've never had an issue with it, IMO this is one of the times where Microtransactions are being done right, you can still go and get the same money doing missions, but Rockstar gave an alternative to those who either don't have the time, or whatever other reason, and gave them the option to buy ingame money. Hell it's not like you can buy levels, so I mean buying a crap load of money isn't paying to win, you don't get anything like the Tank or Buzzard or various guns any time sooner it's just a boost of cash.

I'd unstand the hate if it was buying OP Weapons or Cars that can only be bought, or buying Levels them selves, but it's just money, that can be (easily) aquired in game anyways.

• MentalHaze likes this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

OP is legitimately legit and has sound reasoning.

• MrcTOtheJ likes this

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

Also another thing in favor of the Cash cards, the way I see it, with these things selling rather well, they're paying for all these free updates we're getting, so I say, go out there, and spend the money if you want, in the end, even us who don't buy them, are reaping some sort of benefit as well. 

• Blasterman4EVER and PrestoWater like this

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

K we get it, you like cash cards because you're a scurddy cat who don't want to get banned lol

I'm going to enjoy my $100m in carsales and still play on the same server you're paying real $ for ^^

• ManInBlack likes this

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:07 PM Edited by freedomna, 25 April 2014 - 05:12 PM.

K we get it, you like cash cards because you're a scurddy cat who don't want to get banned lol

I'm going to enjoy my $100m in carsales and still play on the same server you're paying real $ for ^^

100m in car sales, well enjoy your ban my friend. I will be sure to tell you how the High Life Update is when you are stuck having to play something else for a few weeks. 

• Lord_Smasherton likes this

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

I can't play GTA that often due to job searching, voluntary work, looking after my mother who is ill...and when I do it's on my own as no one on my friends list plays GTA anymore, so no Rooftop Rumble bonanza.

I came to the conclusion that, unless I grind for an hour here and there, cash cards is the only way I'll be able to buy stuff on the game. Otherwise it'll take me an age to get the money for an apartment or a nice car.

Not ideal no, but in my case it's the only way. :(

MentalHaze
  • MentalHaze

70% of the time, it works everytime... It's Science.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

@ Mr to the

Very well said . I have never looked at that side of this argument. But, the masses of this game won't be able to comprehend your concept. This is the only game that gets thay "balance" correct.
  • MrcTOtheJ likes this

ManInBlack
  • ManInBlack

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

i just cant bring myself to giving in to these multi-billion dollar video game companies by buying micro-transactions...My opinion is those micro-transactions have ruined the video game culture as a whole...They focus more on how to sell em, then the actual gameplay product

• SaturatedFat, Vanilla Poison and PrestoWater like this

nitefallz
  • nitefallz

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

I agree mostly.  And I think most cash card haters hate them simply because they're jobless twats who can barely pay for online service to begin with.

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

i just cant bring myself to giving in to these multi-billion dollar video game companies by buying micro-transactions...My opinion is those micro-transactions have ruined the video game culture as a whole...They focus more on how to sell em, then the actual gameplay product

I can see how there are some games set up to just make microtransaction sales (Evony anyone?), however do you think GTA is one of those games?

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

@ Mr to the

Very well said . I have never looked at that side of this argument. But, the masses of this game won't be able to comprehend your concept. This is the only game that gets thay "balance" correct.

Thanks.

And yeah allot of people won't get it, but eh, oh well. Dosen't matter, I personally don't care one way or the other, I don't buy them, but I am, more than fine that they're there. You'll hear me complain when they start letting you buy levels, or hiding things like guns, and hell even clothes behind Microtransactions, but how it is now, I'm cool with it, as it's easy as hell to make money the old fashioned way.

• MentalHaze likes this

waters
  • waters

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:17 PM Edited by waters, 25 April 2014 - 05:27 PM.

You're not getting enough ingame value for your cash cards, you're getting ripped off, I have no problem with cash cards, but you should be getting more in game cash for the price they are, it's daylight robbery
  • cattafett likes this

ManInBlack
  • ManInBlack

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:17 PM Edited by ManInBlack, 25 April 2014 - 05:17 PM.

I can see how there are some games set up to just make microtransaction sales (Evony anyone?), however do you think GTA is one of those games?

i was speaking more in generalities..I wasnt singling GTA out, im just not a big fan of micro-transactions in general...I am an 80's baby so i grew up when micro-transactions didnt exsist and companies focused only on creating a great product with great gameplay..Which i feel is lacking in the present day video game

• MrcTOtheJ and SaturatedFat like this

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

You come at the king you best not miss.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

Ha. You think glitching is illegal because you agreed to the terms and conditions? Breaking the terms and conditions will never have legal ramifications. Sure they can ban you but that is the extent of it. The terms and conditions is a legally binding contract and that is all. There is a huge diffrence between contract law and criminal law.

I got no problem with cash cards and have actually bought them. I just got a problem with people who get up on a high horse and try to preach to other people. You are too scared to glitch because you have morals. Congrats I hope your moral supremacy in a video game based off committing felony offenses gets you far in life.
  • TimelyMeerkat and ManInBlack like this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

People that complain about cash cards are stupid IMO

Don't like them? don't buy them.

Feel like you're at a disadvantage? Glitch the money or grind missions.

Also, paying for virtual cash is no different than buying the game. You brought the game to play it and in the game you play as people that want to earn money. You have essentially brought the game to get money in the game. 

Cash cards are keeping GTA Online a free game rather than P2P.

• (OO)SKYLINE(OO) likes this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

I agree OP, fully.

But the jobless and the teenagers won't. Guess why...

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

100m in car sales, well enjoy your ban my friend. I will be sure to tell you how the High Life Update is when you are stuck having to play something else for a few weeks. 

LOL huh oh, please don't ban me Mr. GTA forum police :p

I've been glitching money and rank since day 1 of the release. Have yet to be banned :p

Lv 135 on my white character

Lv 200+ on my black one

$15miLL since the money purge

Suck on it lol

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

i was speaking more in generalities..I wasnt singling GTA out, im just not a big fan of micro-transactions in general...I am an 80's baby so i grew up when micro-transactions didnt exsist and companies focused only on creating a great product with great gameplay..Which i feel is lacking in the present day video game

I agree.

Now don't let my pro-ish cash card stance fool you, as a whole I'm not a fan of Microtransactions, but Rockstar is going it in a way that it dosen't really hamper anyone so I remain, realitively neutral, I just hope it isn't a sign of things to come, either in this game, or future Rockstar products, it could be a slipery slope from just cash to other things.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

as much as micro-transactions bother I understand why they're there. i imagine the hate for cash cards in GTA are just a bandwagon deal. people are upset with MINOR aspects of the game so they point out anything and everything they can.

"contacts call too much"
"cops are mean"
"passive is broken"
"cash cards are the devil"

these cards are aimed at a certain group of players, & that's fine. I've spend money on Donuts for a pretty boring iPhone game (TSTO) & that's just to own a "premium" building or character. in that game you are almost shamed for not spending money because you don't have access to all the content, while other players drop hundreds just to beef up their digital towns.

if Rockstsr didn't offer cash cards they'd probably lose those customers that would buy them.
  • MrcTOtheJ likes this

ManInBlack
  • ManInBlack

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

I agree.

Now don't let my pro-ish cash card stance fool you, as a whole I'm not a fan of Microtransactions, but Rockstar is going it in a way that it dosen't really hamper anyone so I remain, realitively neutral, I just hope it isn't a sign of things to come, either in this game, or future Rockstar products, it could be a slipery slope from just cash to other things.

Yup...if people want to buy em, it doesnt effect me so i have no problem with it....I guess im just a little old school in my thinking 

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:29 PM Edited by Aaron030792, 25 April 2014 - 05:32 PM.

Kornbread, it's not a case of being on a high horse and preaching to other people.

It's just galling that some people like to grind for hours on the game to buy something on GTA, and come on here feeling pleased with themselves, to share their story. Only to get someone say 'LOL, if you had glitched doing such and such, you would have got X amount of dollars after 15-20 minutes...'

Oh and mochakaboom........you are a prick. Suck on the ban hammer that'll eventually catch up with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users