mksas
  • mksas

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

Hello!

I have a problem with GTA V.

I'm stuck with Michael without any missions! I'm just did the "Lamar Down" mission. When I press and hold the 'down' button, it doesn't bring up the character wheel, it only makes the mini-map bigger. If I go to a GTA O session I can bring up the character wheel, but even if I choose Franklin or Trevor, I still spawn in single player as Michael. I've been trying to do some "Strangers and Freaks" missions, but they don't work either. The only mission that is available at the moment is a Franklin "Assasination" mission. And if anyone wonders, no, I have not been using any cheats.

Thanks in advantage.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

Hmm, have you did the Epsilon missions yet? If not, trigger them by visiting the site and answering the questionnaire. After that a new mission for Michael will appear, and once you do that, see if you can switch after. Not really sure how you could fix it another way, if you did do them that is.

mksas
  • mksas

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

Hmm, have you did the Epsilon missions yet? If not, trigger them by visiting the site and answering the questionnaire. After that a new mission for Michael will appear, and once you do that, see if you can switch after. Not really sure how you could fix it another way, if you did do them that is.

I went to the epsilon site, answered the questions, clicked on Evaluate and exited. There isn't any icon on my map??? (btw. I did it 2 times just to make sure)

mksas
  • mksas

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

I went to the epsilon site, answered the questions, clicked on Evaluate and exited. There isn't any icon on my map??? (btw. I did it 2 times just to make sure)

Oh, I just found out it's a strangers and freaks mission, so I went to the question mark on the map, found the red truck, but when I walk up to the red truck nothing happens, I seems that I just can't trigger missions.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

Can you replay a past mission? If so, see if doing that fixes it at all.

Voggens
  • Voggens

So Member, very Title

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

Something similar happened to me after Legal Trouble, I was stuck as Michael and couldn't swith to Trevor or Franklin. I called Frank to hang out, we went to Bahama Mamas West and left him near the area, after that I was able to switch again. You should try to call the other protagonists too, making the game reload things can be useful, for example after playing Tennis or doing Yoga and escaping from the cops after getting wanted.

mksas
  • mksas

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

Can you replay a past mission? If so, see if doing that fixes it at all.

I have already replayed a mission, no difference.

Something similar happened to me after Legal Trouble, I was stuck as Michael and couldn't swith to Trevor or Franklin. I called Frank to hang out, we went to Bahama Mamas West and left him near the area, after that I was able to switch again. You should try to call the other protagonists too, making the game reload things can be useful, for example after playing Tennis or doing Yoga and escaping from the cops after getting wanted.

I have already tried to call Franklin, he was busy. And I'm pretty sure my game has already reloaded multiple times.

mksas
  • mksas

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

Ok just tried to call Franklin again, this time he answered. So I went to Bahamas Mamas West (like you) and after we were done and he walked away, I still couldn't switch or play any missions.

mksas
  • mksas

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:37 PM Edited by mksas, 25 April 2014 - 04:38 PM.

It seems that I'm having the exact same problem as other users when the GTA O update came out in october last year. But GTA tells me I have got version 1.12 which is the newest version and this problem should be gone.

NikoBellicGTAIV
  • NikoBellicGTAIV

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

The next mission after "Lamar Down" is "Meltdown". It is triggered at a Ponsoby's store near Little Portola as Michael. Try going there. Also, "Lamar Down" ends with Franklin getting a message from Jimmy telling him about the movie premiere, did you get that message at all?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

I'm relatively certain the text to Franklin from Jimmy never occurred if he has been unable to switch to Franklin.

Your save is likely buggered up-- My game simply skipped Meltdown back in October, I didn't notice until after I completed "the big score"-- Luckily I had a save right after the Ballad of Rocco-- so reloaded that and repeated the last 10 missions or so.... I do realize your problem is not the same as this.

I'm surprised you can do anything in the game right now if you can't switch characters.

Above someone mentioned getting the game to reload-- this can sometimes unstick things if that is the problem....

Try saving your game in a NEW slot-- exit the game. Start the game and let your new save auto load. Then Kill yourself with a grenade-- see if this does anything.... I would try doing different activities (golf or tennis-- you don't have to do them, just start them and exit) and going online and back off-- hopefully one of these things will get it to unstick....

About the only other thing I would try if none of the other things work (before starting a new game)-- is to delete all the updates and play off line (so the game doesn't prompt you to update)-- load up your game and see if it works without any updates (you can try the save in a new slot, exit, start game, die trick again).

I do wish you luck--- and please post back if any of the suggestions work (or you get it to work some other way).

Spuds

• mksas likes this

mksas
  • mksas

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

I'm relatively certain the text to Franklin from Jimmy never occurred if he has been unable to switch to Franklin.

Your save is likely buggered up-- My game simply skipped Meltdown back in October, I didn't notice until after I completed "the big score"-- Luckily I had a save right after the Ballad of Rocco-- so reloaded that and repeated the last 10 missions or so.... I do realize your problem is not the same as this.

I'm surprised you can do anything in the game right now if you can't switch characters.

Above someone mentioned getting the game to reload-- this can sometimes unstick things if that is the problem....

Try saving your game in a NEW slot-- exit the game. Start the game and let your new save auto load. Then Kill yourself with a grenade-- see if this does anything.... I would try doing different activities (golf or tennis-- you don't have to do them, just start them and exit) and going online and back off-- hopefully one of these things will get it to unstick....

About the only other thing I would try if none of the other things work (before starting a new game)-- is to delete all the updates and play off line (so the game doesn't prompt you to update)-- load up your game and see if it works without any updates (you can try the save in a new slot, exit, start game, die trick again).

I do wish you luck--- and please post back if any of the suggestions work (or you get it to work some other way).

Spuds

I've now tried everything you suggested except for removing the updates, I don't know how to do it. Can you tell me?

Anyways I have tried to kill Michael with a grenade, and saving in a new slot. But I can't do any activities since I can't trigger them.

But it seems that the mission with Franklin does work, kind of.

When I walk into the mission area (which should trigger the mission) I get a notification saying that I need to come back as Franklin to start the mission. So it does trigger something.

I do think all these problems are linked (I might be wrong), and it's like you said a corrupted save file, but since I'm currently at 54.9%, I'd do nearly everything to get it working.

The next mission after "Lamar Down" is "Meltdown". It is triggered at a Ponsoby's store near Little Portola as Michael. Try going there. Also, "Lamar Down" ends with Franklin getting a message from Jimmy telling him about the movie premiere, did you get that message at all?

Nope. The last text message I got was from Lester saying ,,We're on.''

mksas
  • mksas

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Well I ended the mission as Franklin, and then the next day I turned my PS3 on I spawned as Michael, and then the problem started.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

I've now tried everything you suggested except for removing the updates, I don't know how to do it. Can you tell me?

First of all I've never done this-- just read about it....

Assuming you are on PS3....

Go to your game menu-- select Game Data Utility (NOT GAME SAVE UTILITY)

In there, there should be game installs and updates that have been installed on your hard drive.... on my PS3 there is GTA V - Install (if you select info it will it is almost 9 gigabytes-- DO NOT DELETE THIS ONE)  and another that says just GTA V (selecting info for this it should save something like update 1.12 and be 142 MB)--- this is the one you delete.

Be sure you are offline (signed out of PSN) when you do this-- and when you start the game, make sure you are not signed in as well or it will prompt you to download the update.

mksas
  • mksas

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

The GTA V file should be my data, while GTA V install should be the game only. I've actually already tried to delete it and redownloaded my game. So I am not sure if it's good to delete GTA V.

mksas
  • mksas

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

Okay, I found out it wasn't the save data, but it doesn't help either :(. I tried to go to Dr. Friedlander to see if I could trigger his activity (I haven't been able to try it), there I found the yellow area that normally would trigger a mission, but it's still the same :( :(

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

Not sure what to tell you....

If you restart the game...

Turn off auto save... Quick save feature makes this obsolete anyway.

Every 5 to 10% completion, save in a new slot to save your progress in case this happens again (so you don't have to restart)

mksas
  • mksas

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

Not sure what to tell you....

If you restart the game...

Turn off auto save... Quick save feature makes this obsolete anyway.

Every 5 to 10% completion, save in a new slot to save your progress in case this happens again (so you don't have to restart)

Ok, then I'll continue from my 11% save :(

I do really appreciate all the answers I got though.

Thanx guys

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users