Idea:Hardcore mode/More realistic mode

10 replies to this topic
purplesaint7
  • purplesaint7

Badass Sniper

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

The title says it all. Would you like a Hardcore Mode similar to Fallout:New Vegas?

GTA:SA has it but only the hunger feature when you didn't eat for 3 days in game you lose some stats and health

How bout an option for Hardcore mode on GTA:O but more expanded than GTA:SA. We have foods and drinks even beds and showers in Online so why not

H20:Thirst reduces Stamina if not drank water for 2 in game days e.g ECola. Thirst meter also increases overtime very slowly when running and jumping. Also introduces various beverages to be brought at convenience stores

Food:Hunger reduces stealth and stamina and strength if doesnt eat food for 3 in game days. Also introduces various foods to be brought at convenience stores and opening of fast foods e.g Burger Shot,hotdog stands

Fatigue:Psychological effects reduces Shooting,Driving,Flying stats if doesnt sleep for 3 in game days.Sleep in bed for 1 in game hour should get rid of fatigue instantly. Showers,Drinking alcohol also reduces the fatigue meter

Gas:For various vehicles. Introduction of Filling Stations in the game if gas on car got depleted it will stop. For balancing every car has the same tank span. Running your car on full power will deplete the gas in 3 in game days. Jerry Can can be also used to fill your car fuel tanks. For electric cars a powerbank (portable charger) is introduced and fully charged for 1 in game hour
  • pandadoudou, Zorvaine and 2+2=5 like this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

Oracle

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

"boy, my character sure is tired, i'd better go home to let him sleep for a bit. oh, hey, is that a tank? oh gosh darnit, he blew me up. well, i guess he had his fun, i'll be on my way. MAYAAAN, he's done it agayyan! this time he has to be done. oh, DANG NABBIT, WHY WONT THIS SUCKER LEAVMEALOWN?!"

*sleep meter reaches zero, character unable to sprint and vision is blurred*

• MagicNarcosis, Magick, scubadave and 2 others like this

2+2=5
  • 2+2=5

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:01 AM

Op. Your idea is amazing. Honestly ive been hitting a like for anyone that has come up with anything that will change the monotony of the game at this point. These additions are also very easy to implement. This game is surely in beta.

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Metalhead

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:16 AM Edited by Mikelo, 23 April 2014 - 08:19 AM.

Also you need to add this:

1. No radar or minimap/ You can't see anyone's blip in your minimap if they're not making any noise... your pick.

2. No armor and no healing/heal through time, like in F:NV

3. No auto-aim.

4. Buffed Fort Zancudo.

5. If you're in a tank and you have a 4-star wanted level NOOSE can send Buzzard Attack Choppers to neutralize you.

6. Now 50% of the peds are carrying a random weapon, be ready...

I will add more later.

• livejoker, pandadoudou, CrysisAverted and 1 other like this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

I think this idea is great, I can kill off those who kill me but how do I kill hunger..? Oh right Ill eat. It will certainly give me something more to do other than missions and drive around bored as ****

factoryfreshfishfap
  • factoryfreshfishfap

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:37 PM Edited by factoryfreshfishfap, 02 August 2014 - 07:39 PM.

People need to stop clamoring for "realism", that's missing the point entirely. The reason video games are fun is the unrealism, the ability to do things you could never ever possibly do in life. And nearly all examples people give confuse "more realistic" with "like that movie_______". Actual, one-hundred percent here-on-Earth realism would cause gamer's heads to explode in rage.

Take shooting, for example: a proper, steady grip and looking down the sights is only about 5% of actual marksman-grade accuracy, there are tons of variables to factor in. Each different caliber/velocity bullet drops a different amount at certain distances - a 12-gauge slug (.63 caliber) drops 8 inches over 100 yards, for instance. Weather had a tremendous affect as well, and not just wind and rain; humidity, elevation, air pressure, ect. affect the speed and trajectory of a bullet considerably. Gun powder doesn't ignite the same way in high temperatures as it does low temps, which affects velocity, changing the amount of drop. There's far more but my point is: it takes years of extensive practice to learn the all those factors and their effects, and the ability to calculate mathematic formulas in your head to correctly compensate. I doubt many gamers would appreciate that level of complexity - playing a video game would be more 'college math class' than 'fun'.

Now, the damage a bullet does to the human body...well, let's just say video games underestimate that a tad. Even a .22 round can cause very serious tissue/bone damage depending on where it hits. And bullets don't just put a bullet-sized hole in a person, they knock huge pieces of flesh/tissue/muscle out making a large cavity that bleeds profusely. Imagine you're playing GTA and getting shot just once in the leg means you can't move or do anything but lay there and scream for 40 minutes until you die. That's horrific and boring at the same time, and even the simplest mission right now would become impossible.

And that's just two abridged examples, but those alone would make a GTA game infuriating. So no more complaints about this or any game being unrealistic, please - it's not a realistic complaint.
  • Joekill95, EvilFuture, sultangris and 2 others like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Heists now featuring orgies!

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

People need to stop clamoring for "realism", that's missing the point entirely. The reason video games are fun is the unrealism, the ability to do things you could never ever possibly do in life. And nearly all examples people give confuse "more realistic" with "like that movie_______". Actual, one-hundred percent here-on-Earth realism would cause gamer's heads to explode in rage.

You're telling me my Sims aren't real people?

OT: I would love a hardcore mode. While it would be more dead than freeaim lobbies, I would be in them constantly. Obviously, you could press down on the d-pad to see how many players are in the lobby. I would love having to drink/eat/sleep as it would make use of having an apartment/house. Imagine coming back from a big fight in the city, truck is mangled, fill it up on the way up to Paleto Bay and come in the sleepy city during the night. Roll up to your house, go in, eat quickly and go to bed (for one minute) and then wake up to prepare your things for another fight. A mercenary's life.

Having no mini-map/HUD is already in the game but the chances of people using them or even your trusted friends, if ask, use them are none. People always want to know where everyone is but if R* could introduce a hide-and-seek atmosphere about it I'm sure the idea of camping with a sniper or driving quietly down the street will be much more appealing. That's my type of gaming: stealthy, quiet, patient. Love it and it's sad to think GTA doesn't have something like this. Red Dead had an update at some point where if you crouch your blip would be removed from the map unless you shot your weapon. It spawned a whole lot of snipers hiding in hills and bushes.

I think my favorite thing posted here (Mikelo with his Fallout:NV-esque ideas are good, great game) is the idea of filling up with gas. I remember before GTA V came out people thought we would need to fill up and tons of people moaned, "realism sucks, I don't want this!". I was skeptical, I doubted R* would introduce this feature but I also welcomed it. Imagine (again) you're low on gas so you pull up to fill your car with petrol but then a guy shows up and starts pelting you with bullets. Do you make an escape in your car that has little to no fuel or do you take cover and fight back? Honestly, driving away would work if the cars weren't so imbalanced. If he has a sports car but I have a muscle car, I should have the acceleration factor, not him.

Man, I totally want a Hardcore mode. I would pay for it if it was well done.

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:11 PM Edited by ChrilLe, 02 August 2014 - 08:12 PM.

Post deleted by myself.

Stupid iPad f*ckr things up.

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

NUNBUTANOGOODHO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

People need to stop clamoring for "realism", that's missing the point entirely. 

That's why the OP said MODE. Of course video games are meant to be fun and escapist entertainment. Cool. But how about stepping things up a notch and having more options?

GopherHedgeHots
  • GopherHedgeHots

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

Id love some type of mode with added difficulty, although I'm sure that'll never happen. Rockstar has a vision for what they want this game to be and its clear they want it to be easy to kill other players, not a stealthy strategic battle of skill. Like it has been said, hardcore lobbies would be empty but they should at least give the choice to play how we want. Theres plenty of ways they could implement a system that allowed you to hide your blip if you wanted to, besides calling lester.
As for added realism, id love to see some sort of durability factor added to vehicles. Currently you can destroy a rebel with an entity while off road but in reality the entity is a delicate car built for circuit racing and the abuse of a bumpy road would break it much faster than a rebel. Theres broken vehicle effects in single player that should be implemented in mp so that choosing which vehicle youre going to drive would force you to consider the environment youre going to use it in. Armor is still an acceptable modification but it should just be for ballistics and have no bearing on your cars ability to survive a collision into a wall at top speed. Again this is just something they could add to a hardcore mode and not necessarily all modes. Lastly, its obvious most players enjoy auto aim over free aim so if they built a hardcore mode with auto aim they should really remove lock on to players driving a vehicle, this imbalance is in my top 3 worst things about gtao.

factoryfreshfishfap
  • factoryfreshfishfap

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

People need to stop clamoring for "realism", that's missing the point entirely. 

That's why the OP said MODE.

Yeah, "more realistic mode". My point is nothing ever described as such is any more realistic than it is now, just different. The OP has done good ideas, I'm not disagreeing with that part. I'm saying why does everyone have to misuse the term realistic instead of just saying more difficult or something else that actually means what they're describing? Might be more helpful when sending ideas/suggestions to be using the right words...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users