Quantcast

» «
Photo

Crews overhaul and interiors *IDEA*

24 replies to this topic

Poll: ideas (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the ideas?

1. Yes both (19 votes [65.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.52%

2. Only 1 (1 votes [3.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

3. Only 2 (3 votes [10.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

4. neither (6 votes [20.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:40 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 25 April 2014 - 10:56 AM.

EDIT (25/04/2014):

Hello everyone;

First of all, I want to say that GTA Online is one of the best games I have ever played. I have had so much fun with it, but it sadly it has some flaws. Rockstargames asked it's players to send them ideas. This is why I created the following topic and I first want to know what you think about it? Maybe you have some tweaks?  :) Only serious comments please.

The idea is split up in 2 parts. 

1. is about the Crews and their missions

2. is about the interiors and their missions

okay the following can be quite a read; but please read it thorough.

Spoiler

EDIT SMALL IDEA 1:

Clothing, weapons and vehicles from other crews cannot be used unless your crew has bought a second option.

This will cost the crew (2 million*previous options) per option. (a crew back account will be made where crew members can store money. (no withdraw option)

To unlock all it will cost the crew 22 million dollars. :p

GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS ONE

EDIT SMALL IDEA 2:

A crew leader can choose a clubhouse where crew members can relax, drink, watch strippers etc.

This was my idea. Would make freeroam a much fuller place, would also be awesome if it could be implemented with the following. This would give the game more immersion and some extra missions. The following can be seen as a different idea; so you may ignore it. I have put the idea under head 2. so you can comment on this more easily  :)

Spoiler

TL;DR: Why are you on a forum if you don't want to read? please go to the top and read it all or just leave :)

• Tawner, Killbook, EZza2647 and 1 other like this

rickreim
  • rickreim

Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:03 AM

TL;DR: Why are you on a forum if you don't want to read? please go to the top and read it all or just leave :)

Lol, I guess everyone is choosing the second option.

BTW - TL;DR

Nice try OP, but some stuff in there were great ideas, just clean it up a bit and don't drop so much on us at once. Idea overload. I couldn't even get through the gangs part.

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:07 AM

I think different abilities and unlocks for different crew types is a good idea bro. First one I've heard suggest it.
  • ivarblaauw likes this

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

I've only skimmed through the OP but yes, send your ideas to Rockstar.

I particularly like the idea of having interiors in the game (such as bars and nightclubs). They would add some life to LS + BC which at the moment only feel like a giant, lifeless, movie set of sorts.

• Gantons Most Wanted and ivarblaauw like this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

Nice try OP, but some stuff in there were great ideas, just clean it up a bit and don't drop so much on us at once. Idea overload. I couldn't even get through the gangs part.

That's why I used the spoiler tags, easier to read and you can close them after reading. Maybe an idea overload; but better to share your ideas than to do nothing with it, Right? :) I could have easily made multiple topics; but the mods won't find that such a funny idea I think :p

I think different abilities and unlocks for different crew types is a good idea bro. First one I've heard suggest it.

Yeah, it just came to me yesterday. I then saw the opportunities crews have. Each with their pro's and con's. Would make the crews also more diverse.

I've only skimmed through the OP but yes, send your ideas to Rockstar.

I particularly like the idea of having interiors in the game (such as bars and nightclubs). They would add some life to LS + BC which at the moment only feel like a giant, lifeless, movie set of sorts.

I have just sent the idea of interiors to Rockstar (already got a lot of feedback from crewmembers and friends. 

For the idea of the crews I first need some feedback. It's also a lot to take in; even for Rockstargames; that's why I split the ideas in 1 and 2.

Bombshock
  • Bombshock

Bassraptor

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:25 AM Edited by psycho_realm747, 23 April 2014 - 08:26 AM.

The thing is that all players would want to experience every category and subcategory of these crew types because they have unique features and content.
The max crew limit is only 5,I dont know why players would have to join and leave crews just to experience the others types of crews.

moostered
  • moostered

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

Sounds pretty good but the crews need to be more even.The government section has much more things than the other crews.

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:43 AM

I like the idea of the government crew, but it kind of seems a bit overpowered. 

Maybe if you had the option of Picking EITHER a Police/military/FIB/IAA/medic/fire crew, each with unique attributes it might work better.

And you said 5 types of crews, and only listed 4, so maybe you could add in an "Assassin" or "Hitman" type crew. (Assassinations, suits, etc)

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

The thing is that all players would want to experience every category and subcategory of these crew types because they have unique features and content.
The max crew limit is only 5,I dont know why players would have to join and leave crews just to experience the others types of crews.

Yes that is true; hmm, do you have any ideas on how to make this work?

Sounds pretty good but the crews need to be more even.The government section has much more things than the other crews.

True, that's why I asked for feedback :) do you have any ideas?

I like the idea of the government crew, but it kind of seems a bit overpowered. 

Maybe if you had the option of Picking EITHER a Police/military/FIB/IAA/medic/fire crew, each with unique attributes it might work better.

And you said 5 types of crews, and only listed 4, so maybe you could add in an "Assassin" or "Hitman" type crew. (Assassinations, suits, etc)

Sorry, my bad. Would be awesome tho. I myself thought of professionals. Or we might split up the Mafia and cartels.

The government crew is overpowered, true. But there must be a solution.

Give gangs a discount on gang cars and ammunition of 15% and 10% more RP

Give MC's a 25% discount on chopper bikes and a +10% health on an armored area? (then there should be different armor types be implemented, as in Max Payne 3.) Discount of 10% on ammunition and weapons.

Give Cartels/Mafia a discount of high end cars of 5%

good idea? :)

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

Racing crews dude.
  • ivarblaauw likes this

7nvd
  • 7nvd

Wakeboarder

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

I like the idea of having crew types with advantages and disadvantages. I don't like the government idea however, but maybe with some tweaking it I'll be okay.

As for the interiors, I think everyone wants that as it makes te map/game far more alive, but I'm afraid that all that is not possible due to console/memory limitations.

Don Maximus Meridius
  • Don Maximus Meridius

Basterds Boss

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

The cartel need more ideas.

Very good, congratz OP.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

Racing crews dude.

Made the Mafia crew more for racing :) hope you like the tweaks :)

I like the idea of having crew types with advantages and disadvantages. I don't like the government idea however, but maybe with some tweaking it I'll be okay.

As for the interiors, I think everyone wants that as it makes te map/game far more alive, but I'm afraid that all that is not possible due to console/memory limitations.

Yeah, I know :( hope they will bring GTA Onlne to Current Generation Consoles. But it should be possible on Last Generation Consoles though... 

The cartel need more ideas.

Very good, congratz OP.

Thanks, edited right now; made tweaks to the cartels too. Better balanced right now. :)

Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

Government would need toning down somewhat. They shouldn't have easy access to the military base for example.

Interesting ideas that are worth exploring, however.

• ivarblaauw likes this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Government would need toning down somewhat. They shouldn't have easy access to the military base for example.

Interesting ideas that are worth exploring, however.

true; changed it to mission only :) so the doors open when you do a mission for the government. 

have buffed the other 4, so it's more equal.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

Nah, that requires GTAO to be entirely reworked. R* don't want to fix core gameplay mechanics such as your listed crew ideas and the driving mechanics.

Nope, we'll just get a few cars that handle like every other car in the game, and a few new guns that are pointless because the AP pistol is better in every way.

Why? Because they're easier to make and model (creativity isn't required to model a gun or car, but you do need creativity to model a nightclub interior and set a few missions up) and because you can sell them for more GTA$ which means more cash cards (you can charge 1 million for a supercar, but you can't charge 1 million for nightclub access).

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

Nah, that requires GTAO to be entirely reworked. R* don't want to fix core gameplay mechanics such as your listed crew ideas and the driving mechanics.

Nope, we'll just get a few cars that handle like every other car in the game, and a few new guns that are pointless because the AP pistol is better in every way.

Why? Because they're easier to make and model (creativity isn't required to model a gun or car, but you do need creativity to model a nightclub interior and set a few missions up) and because you can sell them for more GTA$ which means more cash cards (you can charge 1 million for a supercar, but you can't charge 1 million for nightclub access).

true, but they have to keep the game fresh; otherwise people won't buy cash cards at all because everyone doesn't play the game anymore :)

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

true, but they have to keep the game fresh; otherwise people won't buy cash cards at all because everyone doesn't play the game anymore :)

lol R* don't care, once they've sucked every last drop of money from GTAO they'll move onto something else.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

lol R* don't care, once they've sucked every last drop of money from GTAO they'll move onto something else.

uuh, why would R* stop with GTAO when they could make it last forever?

and please go back OT

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

gnad1992

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

Nice thread dude, guess I'd fit in with the cartel idea.
  • ivarblaauw likes this

am30
  • am30

Being Scottish isn't a crime

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

I don't care about interiors, just more space with nothing to do.

I would get rid of crews as, in my experience, most just seem to be an excuse for pricks to be even bigger pricks through strength in numbers.

Just saying....

TheStranger_NL
  • TheStranger_NL

Ronins MC

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:24 PM Edited by TheStranger_NL, 23 April 2014 - 12:27 PM.

I like that you took the time to write this down and share it. But the thing is, gangs, mafia, mc, cartel are all "gangs". Its all organized crime, if this would be implemented there should be a more diverse choice for your crew. Like someone here said "street racers" and "hitmen".

But to be honest, i dont think this will make the game much better. I see mafia families all the time, also a lot of mc's (im in one myself). And you can make your character into whatever you want, mafia look, biker look, hoodrat look etc. Rockstar just needs to add more different types of clothes, all im seeing added are clothes we already have, but in different colors. Suits *ahum*.

And besides that, we need more co-op missions. Mission creator, there are plenty creative minds here who can build thrilling missions. Then there would be a lot of new missions to do and rockstar can focus on something new again.

Edit: That is if all the hackers, glitchers, modders (whatever you call em) would f*ck off for once, because theyre the ones slowing rockstar down.
  • ivarblaauw and am30 like this

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:28 AM

Government! :D Although... if we do get Cops N Crooks, some of the things for Government would need to be different! Uniforms better not be limited to LSPD, I want my Sheriff's Uniform!!! Also: It's reasonable for government crew to be able to get into restricted areas such as Fort Zancudo. When it looks like someone is going to break into Fort Zancudo, we go into the base perimeter, and assist the MP's in stopping the intruders. Integrate Government with CnC would be excellent!(If Rockstar ever bothers to give us it) Also: Why not expand Government crew's to the Army National Guard and Air Force National Guard? Have detective style clothes(Badge's on belts with Holster, use this with any tucked shirt and pants, and Badges on a Neck Chain), along with allowing Undercover Law Enforcement.

• ivarblaauw likes this

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Mr Benevolent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:44 AM

I like what you're getting at with all of these ideas, but how you have them organized and balanced at the moment would probably need a lot of work.

And why is racing just plugged under the mafia tag, I don't get it.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:36 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 25 April 2014 - 10:45 AM.

I like what you're getting at with all of these ideas, but how you have them organized and balanced at the moment would probably need a lot of work.

And why is racing just plugged under the mafia tag, I don't get it.

I thought that Mafia has enough money to buy a lot of expensive cars. :) I see cartels using the Muscle cars. IMO.

EDIT: created a 6th one ;)

Government! :D Although... if we do get Cops N Crooks, some of the things for Government would need to be different! Uniforms better not be limited to LSPD, I want my Sheriff's Uniform!!! Also: It's reasonable for government crew to be able to get into restricted areas such as Fort Zancudo. When it looks like someone is going to break into Fort Zancudo, we go into the base perimeter, and assist the MP's in stopping the intruders. Integrate Government with CnC would be excellent!(If Rockstar ever bothers to give us it) Also: Why not expand Government crew's to the Army National Guard and Air Force National Guard? Have detective style clothes(Badge's on belts with Holster, use this with any tucked shirt and pants, and Badges on a Neck Chain), along with allowing Undercover Law Enforcement.

Sheriff was IMO already in the police uniforms :)

would be awesome to work together with NPC's, but then there also should be friendlies for the other groups. IE: calling back up as a MC, some bikers will show up with your crew logo on their back :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users