Cargrp.dat

18 replies to this topic
bmw740i
  • bmw740i

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:45 AM

The game: GTA 4 : EFLC.

I was wondering about this file in TBOGT folder and the file of the same name (cargrp.dat) in the common folder of the game. I want to know which of these files the game uses, for me its a jungle to find out which of these filese: cargrp.dat the game uses.

Thx.

bmw740i
  • bmw740i

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

If I want cars from all episodes to spawn do I need to only edit TBOGT cargrp.dat or the normal cargrp.dat??

Thx.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Peon

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

If you want to edit the traffic in TBOGT, then edit the cargp located in TBOGT's folder. Editing the one located in common/data doesnt affect anything as far as i know. Same applies to TLAD.

btw, you cant spawn TLAD vehicles in TBOGT (and/or viceversa) by editing the cargp.dat. Unless you manually add them to the game, which is a chore really.

However, you can edit said files to spawn cars that normally dont appear in the map, for example:

in TBOGT:

- the Stretch E (named limo2 in the file).

- Schafter 2 and Schafter 3.

- Serrano2 (the one henrique gives you).

- Buffalo (it doesnt spawn by its own).

- Super drop Diamond (named superd2).

- Hakuchou, Bati custo, Akuma, etc.

in TLAD:

- Flatbed Yankee (yankee2).

- Regina, Slamvan, Gang burrito

and maybe a few more im forgetting.

• GrindingOnDatNRG likes this

bmw740i
  • bmw740i

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

I added bus to all spawn areas in the common/data/cargrp.dat and it works. But when I add buffalo, cavalcade2 etc to TBOGT/common/data/cargrp.dat which is TBOGT exclusive in eks: harlem, they do not turn up. I have checked and in harlem many other cars spawn but not the ones that are stated in the tbogt cargrp.dat?

Thx.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:07 PM Edited by lol232, 03 June 2014 - 10:09 PM.

If you want to edit the traffic in TBOGT, then edit the cargp located in TBOGT's folder. Editing the one located in common/data doesnt affect anything as far as i know. Same applies to TLAD.

btw, you cant spawn TLAD vehicles in TBOGT (and/or viceversa) by editing the cargp.dat. Unless you manually add them to the game, which is a chore really.

However, you can edit said files to spawn cars that normally dont appear in the map, for example:

in TBOGT:
- the Stretch E (named limo2 in the file).
- Schafter 2 and Schafter 3.
- Serrano2 (the one henrique gives you).
- Buffalo (it doesnt spawn by its own).
- Super drop Diamond (named superd2).
- Hakuchou, Bati custo, Akuma, etc.

in TLAD:
- Flatbed Yankee (yankee2).
- Regina, Slamvan, Gang burrito

and maybe a few more im forgetting.

Actually, all the TLaD vehicles are in TBoGT, so actually it's possible.

You can even see the Slamvan in "Frosting on the cake".

gunziness
  • gunziness

Peon

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:17 AM Edited by GúnZinEss, 05 June 2014 - 03:17 AM.

^ Not all of them are in the game's files, only the Slamvan, Hexer, Tampa and thats pretty much it.

@bmw the buffalo should spawn easily, try putting it in the SHOPPING_RICH group or something like that, or in all the groups where the fancy cars are (infernus for example).

Note that some vehicles are harder to find/spawn than others (for example the new Schafters), so you might have to cruise around the map a little longer than usual in order to find them.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:07 AM

^ Not all of them are in the game's files, only the Slamvan, Hexer, Tampa and thats pretty much it.

@bmw the buffalo should spawn easily, try putting it in the SHOPPING_RICH group or something like that, or in all the groups where the fancy cars are (infernus for example).

Note that some vehicles are harder to find/spawn than others (for example the new Schafters), so you might have to cruise around the map a little longer than usual in order to find them.

IIRC I remember there was Daemon, Diabolus, Wolfsbane, Nightblade et cetera.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

IIRC I remember there was Daemon, Diabolus, Wolfsbane, Nightblade et cetera.

They are only in the files of GTA4 :^:

• gunziness and Cakelover21 like this

bmw740i
  • bmw740i

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

In other words the normal cargrp.dat have normal cars only and the TBOGT cargrp.dat have added episodic vehicles to the file like f620 etc. and is almost identical to the normal cargrp.dat, correct?

I also wondered about pedgroupnetwork in this file is that only for multiplayer? Can I delete some cars on that line without causing errors in singleplayer?

What is the line with the boringsaloons? What does that mean?

Thx.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Peon

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:56 AM Edited by GúnZinEss, 13 June 2014 - 02:56 AM.

In other words the normal cargrp.dat have normal cars only and the TBOGT cargrp.dat have added episodic vehicles to the file like f620 etc. and is almost identical to the normal cargrp.dat, correct?

Exactly.

I also wondered about pedgroupnetwork in this file is that only for multiplayer? Can I delete some cars on that line without causing errors in singleplayer?

If by pedgroupnetwork  you mean POPCYCLE_GROUP_NETWORK, then yea, those are the cars that spawn in multiplayer. I never tried to edit that line since i never play MP, but i dont think it will cause problems though.

What is the line with the boringsaloons? What does that mean?

This line basically prevents the vehicles from that group to spawn often. My advice is to remove most of the cars from this group, so they are not rare anymore.

bmw740i
  • bmw740i

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

Sorry to revive, but something I wondered about have you compared both the normal cargrp.dat and the TBoGT cargrp.dat file for errors. In the line of POPCYCLE_GROUP_EASTERN_EUROPEAN in the normal and POPCYCLE_GROUP_EASTEREUROPEAN in the TBoGT file? It seems to me they forgot the N in the lines. Please help this file is so frustrating.

Thx.

bmw740i
  • bmw740i

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:44 PM

No matter what I do the TBoGT vehicles will not show up in game at all. I was wondering about is there only 1 motorcycle that the bikers can spawn like I placed hellfury in the line with bikers, but if I add 2 motorcycles in that line its still the first and only one the bikers are riding???? HELP...........

Thx.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Peon

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

When i edited the gang cars in the tbogt file my game messed up by spawing gang cars all over the map, so i didnt touch those lines anymore. Those lines can be very glitchy, at least in my case.

bmw740i
  • bmw740i

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:30 PM Edited by bmw740i, 20 October 2014 - 05:30 PM.

Gunziness: try to compare your normal and your TBoGT cargrp.dat and see about what I wrote about in above posts......

And I cannot get cargrp.dat to spawn any car from TBoGT at all.

Thx.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Peon

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:40 AM

Check the PM I sent you.

bmw740i
  • bmw740i

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:19 AM

I have a question. Have anyone noticed a few spelling errors in these cargrp.dat files. Like the normal cargrp.dat: # POPCYCLE_GROUP_EASTERN_EUROPEAN Vs the TBoGT cargrp.dat: # POPCYCLE_GROUP_EASTEREUROPEAN. there are a few and I was wondering if that is correct and should be like this or if this is a real error to be corrected.

Thx.

bmw740i
  • bmw740i

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:59 PM

Ive got a question does traffic fixes follow the cargrp.dat or do they just spawn cars at random throughout the city??????

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

Ive got a question does traffic fixes follow the cargrp.dat or do they just spawn cars at random throughout the city??????

I'm not totally sure, but some traffic fixes use elements of cargrp.dat, and others use their own spawn algorithms.

Cheers.

bmw740i
  • bmw740i

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:01 AM

I can spawn buffalo etc, but no motorcycles......................? I just edit TBogt cargrp.dat and leave the normal cargrp.dat unedited. Need help....

Thx.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users