I need rigging tutorial help. BADLY

4 replies to this topic
Radioactive-X
  • Radioactive-X

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:35 AM

Hello, I read a lot of these tutorials but eventually, I get lost in it. And I oncce made this Argonian from skyrim and yeah, I finished it and uploaded it, but when I go in-game, it's invisible!

I'm not asking you to hold my hand like a child while doing this, but yeah, I really need it.

I'm using 3ds max 2009.. (I don't even know why sme people refer to 3ds max as "version 7" or something like that). Please I need help in importing (yeah, I have a model and I can make simple models now) and actually rigging it. Every tutorial I read always refer to creative madman's thread but the link is dead and I tried ceedj's mini-tut in that same thread but that's how I made the invisible argonian skin model. I have moderate computer experience and intelligence, but the way some people put it, I just can't understand it.

I think the best way to help me is for someone with the same version of 3ds max as me and teach me step by step (even where to point my cursor for god's sake hahah).

So, anyone, please?

Oh, and I'm also interested in how to edit/model player models (I'm pretty good at editing than making).

Radioactive-X
  • Radioactive-X

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:47 AM

Oh, and btw, my model is divided per part, so it has different model for armor, different model for arms, heads, etc.

Hope this helps me D:

Radioactive-X
  • Radioactive-X

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

Bump.

I made a skin, but I don't have an idea on how to make a .txd file

I made a captain odessa skin from HL2 then ported it in GTA SA I don't know how to make a txd, so what I did is that I opened up wmydrug.txd and put in the textures from the odessa model I downloaded (It was in .tga format) and I replaced wmydrug.dff with the odessa model I made. So, now i opened up the game using SAMP Debug (so I can pick the skin) then when I typed in /player_skin 29 it suddenly says "model could not lod in time" or something like that. Please help, I'm getting stressed out after download 200 GB worth of 3ds max models then not getting to use any of it :cry: :die: :facedesk:

Radioactive-X
  • Radioactive-X

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

bump.

Can somebody stop looking into the funny Muslim Tommy Vercetti mod thread and help me please? everything will help, or at least direct me to someplace where people actually help.

Thanks in advance.

Baduizm
  • Baduizm

Player Hater

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:44 PM Edited by Baduizm, 04 May 2014 - 06:52 PM.

This is the video that helped me get my skin working.  I know it only shows how to attach the head, but it has some important steps highlighted (like attaching the geometry of the SA model to the model you want to bring in-game).

My model was broken into parts, as well.  Here she is:http://gtaforums.com...m-ped-fox-fine/.  As you can see, she has a few different models fused to one- Rochelles head, Female Duke's body, Claire Redfields pants. 

Basically, you'll want to load the SA model you want to edit.  If it's CJ, I can't help you, as I did mine over a ped.  Import the model in 3ds Mx using Kams Script (highlight the "A" box next to the "skin model" option), put the textures on (use txd workshop to extract and later recompile textures), then load the model you want to replace it with, add the textures to that (simply drag and drop over model) and begin to place the pieces over the pieces you want to replace on the SA model . I'm not sure what yours looks like, but you may have to scale and shape them a little bit.  Once that is done, select the ORIGINAL SA model- all of it.  Then, click "Attach Geometry" and click anywhere on your new model (it has to be the model, not the scene), then select the middle option when a dialogue box promts you.  ALSO: if you are attaching different pieces, you need to attach the geometry of these new pieces to each other BEFORE you attach the geometry of the ORIGINAL SA model to the new pieces.  Then export the model using Kams script.

If you added textures, you are going to have to add them to the txd.  Open Txd Workshop, navigate to the textures that came with the original SA model, and click edit.  If the model you have made uses ANY of the original models textures, don't delete/overwrite it.  You will need it to appear in-game to look correctly.  Highlight the texture file, go to options, and click "Duplicate".  This will create another texture path with the same stipulations as the original SA model.  Now with the duplicate, you can import your NEW texture file over the duplicate.  Rename the overwritten texture duplicate to match the name of the texture file that comes with the NEW model you are adding.

For instance, I added "Rochelle_head" to bmyst.txd, because I was using the afro of the original SA model, but the head of Rochelle. 

Save your txd.  Now, you should be good to open up IMG and add both the .dff and .txd to you game!  Load it up!  If you see that there are limbs all over place, or your model is twisted, you didn't attach the mesh correctly, and will need to start from scratch (I cannot tell you how many times I had to do this with my mod).

I hope this helps!  Feel free to ask, and if I can help, I will.  I understand what it's like to have such a simple questions that I know the community could answer if they would just take the time....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users