• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic
SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:59 AM

Now there is a wide variety of flag choices for your profile but there is one missing and if you haven't looked at my avatar yet and guessed what I'm gonna say I'll just straight up say it.
The Confederate War Flag
Not the regular confederate flag you would barely be able to see that because for those who don't know the regular confederate flag is just the confederate war flag in the top left corner then its pretty much white
usa-z-battle-flags-of-confederate-states
Also for those who don't know the third national flag was never official the confederacy was gone before they officially made it there flag.
So there a history lesson for today but back to the topic at hand what do y'all think about having the flag for a flag choice even if the admins can't add flags I'm just curious what everyone thinks.
  • Palikari likes this

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:47 AM

I have another flag suggestion. I want to be able to put two flags if I want. I think some users would want to put the flag of their country and NATO or the EU, if they are from the EU.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

Seriously, it's just a tiny flag underneath your name.

You can't expect the mods to add every single minor flag out there. "Oh but what about the "Derafsh Kāviān", the legendary vexilloid of the Sasanian empire?"
  • Matty, universetwisters and Andreas like this

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

@Palikari - That's a good idea but it might start to look a bit sloppy if they are side by side
@Lazy - Yes you have a point but I requested a flag almost everybody knows about that one you saying im probably not the only one here who doesn't know what it is

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

This is 2014. There is no confederacy and no need for their flag.

• *MURDOC*, Moth, Matty and 5 others like this

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:10 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 23 April 2014 - 12:10 PM.

Just use them in your sig or avatar if you really want them.

ArchKnight
  • ArchKnight

Dodge Chargerô

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

I have another flag suggestion. I want to be able to put two flags if I want. I think some users would want to put the flag of their country and NATO or the EU, if they are from the EU.

It's not possible to add 2 flags. It's just a profile field and allows a signle select input.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Grill

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:45 PM Edited by Nipperkins, 23 April 2014 - 02:45 PM.

The South will rise again!*

*Thanks to government aid and universal healthcare. 

• SingingEwe954 and PaletoChickenCapo like this

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Then why is there a need for a flag with a question mark on it

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:10 PM Edited by *MURDOC*, 23 April 2014 - 06:10 PM.

You do realize that the majority of the flags on here were not added by user requests such as yours, they came with the forum software.

Oh wait, no you don't realize that.

Now you know.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

You have a 100x100 avatar space and 500x150 signature space for flags such as this as well as any other imagery. The list we have is a default list of countries, if we start adding from every request such as this, the list would be too big and it just isn't necessary. It's just a way of saying where you are from.

You don't have to display a flag if you don't like what's on offer either.

Edit: the ? flag is just an unknown, unset flag. It's not actually something we've chosen to add.

• *MURDOC* likes this

Geth
  • Geth

I'm the rookie and the vet.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

Is this some kind of joke? Why the hell would you want to show off a confederate flag?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

Is this some kind of joke? Why the hell would you want to show off a confederate flag?

Some people still believe in it, others like how it looks, others enjoy the history of the flag (not just the south but civil war in general).. all kinds of reasons.

Though I don't think it needs to be added, that would open the flood gates for racism topics and complaints here in Net Support. I haven't looked yet but is the pirate flag still on the list? That's my fav.

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Returning Member 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2013
    Worst Sparkly Unicorn

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:56 PM Edited by Panz, 23 April 2014 - 11:57 PM.

To be fair, where I live in Gettysburg, half the townspeople fly Confederate flags to commemorate the battle... and perhaps for some humor. You'd be surprised at how many southerners come up to visit, too, who sport confederate flags off the back of their pickup trucks and make angsty comments towards those of us who live here. Some of them even claim that they're going to separate from the Union again soon.  :lol:

Still, it's not something that exists anymore and it's not something we recognize, so there's no reason for it to be a choice here, just as other flags aren't represented, either (i.e. Soviet Union). 

• universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:41 AM

Still, it's not something that exists anymore and it's not something we recognize, so there's no reason for it to be a choice here, just as other flags aren't represented, either (i.e. Soviet Union). 

I know in where I live, you've got your silly redneck kids who think they're so very country by wearing camouflage everywhere and "mudding" in pickup trucks their parents bought them. For what it's worth, their attitude reminds me a lot of those suburban white kids who try to be "gangsta". You got middle/upper class kids who live in gated communities who try their hardest to be white trash. Hell, they're so thick-headed they mistake the battle flag for the national flag.

7lk54FI.jpg

But yeah, like Ryan said, there's no need for a confederate flag to be here if the confederates haven't been around in 100 years. Another thing I'm curious about is how your flag is "NATO" and your profile says you live in Michigan, which was part of the union during the civil war.

Geth
  • Geth

I'm the rookie and the vet.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

I mean..what I'm saying is this flag has a very iffy history. It's akin to requesting a nazi flag.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

It was quite obvious what you were saying.

SurfaceNoise
  • SurfaceNoise

改性

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

I'm just happy that they've my countries flag. LOL. I can't ever find anyone with the same flag as me.

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:08 PM Edited by SingingEwe954, 24 April 2014 - 10:11 PM.

Some people still believe in it, others like how it looks, others enjoy the history of the flag (not just the south but civil war in general).. all kinds of reasons.

Though I don't think it needs to be added, that would open the flood gates for racism topics and complaints here in Net Support. I haven't looked yet but is the pirate flag still on the list? That's my fav.

To much to comment on so this one stuck out the most
The Confederate flag is often related to slavery, The reason the states who joined the confederacy is because the US government was not giving the states the rights to make there own laws.
The confederacy was not created just because they wanted slavery
Then there are the people who just think its cool you have to know the history behind it for it to really be cool and also know the difference between the different types of flags
And I don't know about the pirate flag I'm gonna go check now
EDIT: No they don't have the pirate flag anymore but they have a Mars flag for some reason(I put it on)

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:54 PM

We won't be adding new flags for now, thanks for the suggestion though. :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users