Quantcast

» «
Photo

Where Is Your Sniping Perch?

75 replies to this topic

Poll: Where Is Your Sniping Perch? (155 member(s) have cast votes)

What kind of sniper are you?

1. Avid (71 votes [45.81%])

Percentage of vote: 45.81%

2. Average (65 votes [41.94%])

Percentage of vote: 41.94%

3. Poor (14 votes [9.03%])

Percentage of vote: 9.03%

4. I don't snipe so i don't know but i'm sure i'm great! (5 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Police Mocker

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

Found a decent place yesterday. Out by "Trevor's" airfield (can't remember the real name of it) there's a farm that has three (?) cylindric structures with ladders. In one of them I found a nice for sniping, mostly because you have a great overview of the farm itself... If anyone would like to check it out. Apart from that I usually just use the sniper rifle when it's suitable and rarely stay in certain spots..

IVIechanomics
  • IVIechanomics

N7 Tested. Mother Approved.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

I don't have any particular spots. I feel that relying on specific spots to snipe from weakens your strategy over training yourself to take up improvised areas. I usually get more kills on my way to where I want to set up than I do when I actually get there.

Blankerz
  • Blankerz

Chradder Killa

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:57 AM Edited by Blankerz, 02 June 2014 - 12:24 PM.

On top of the mall/ whatever that thingy is across from LSC

I bloody love that place, so many folks still don't know about that roof, as I love watching people trying to locate A: where I am or B: one of the NUMEROUS ladders lol.

FYI I am not talking about the huge building that has a tunnel through it.... I am refering to the opposite side of LSC where all the grass is...that two/three story mall thingy.

KillaVolt
  • KillaVolt

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

Nowhere. I don't get how waiting on top of a perch to pick off a few people is enjoyable. Sounds pretty boring to me.But hey, whatever tickles your pickle.

If you haven't seen it, you should watch the movie "Enemy at the gates". Great movie about WWII and a sniper.

The biggest part of a snipers job is waiting. It's the anticipation of the kill and then when someone poor sod comes into view of your scope, he's down and doesn't know how, where, or why, and if he's any decent sniper you will never know where he is to shoot him unless you see muzzle flash, or in the case of GTA bullet streams.

IncredulousNoir
  • IncredulousNoir

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

The very top of Maze Bank. Every time i get a 5-9k bounty i get a chopper and fly up there and wait. Sooner or later people will head to the hospital or the Vespucci helipad and when they get in the chopper it will render in and bang.

Any random street more than a few block away from Maze Bank defeats this location pretty easy. So long as you can see the top of their helicopter, you can blow it up with just a few shots. So if you fly in there to camp...getd away from da choppah!

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

NOT a little passive-aggressive bitch

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

I only snipe when I see a helicopter. Nothing beats the feeling of sniping that back propeller and watch as the poor low level guy inevitably falls to his death whilst he just wanted to innocently fly through the city enjoying the view.

So that works with player controlled choppers as well then??

I figured it was only NPC copper choppers it was good for..

More fun for me then... :D

tronheisenberg
  • tronheisenberg

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

My favorite sniping spot is the docks near Simeon's drop off point. I always take the High priority vehicle down there and park it. Then get on top of the crane and wait. As soon as they get in the driver seat I put a round right through the windshield. It's almost to easy.

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

In GTA4 mine was the carpark at the airport.

I have yet to find one in GTAV because of the increasing majority of players who have permanent access to long distance firearms such as RPGs and Snipers.

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

High in the sky

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:17 AM Edited by Jehannum, 06 June 2014 - 08:35 AM.

I must be more of an "avid" sniper than I thought. I'm gobsmacked to see I'm #73 on the leaderboard for kills with the Heavy Sniper!

The sniper rifle has two great advantages in GTAV. Firstly, when on a moderately high building you can look down at a steeper angle than people below can look up. Secondly, the rendering distance being so much greater for vehicles than for players means you can target drivers without immediate reprisal.

Supreme_Kai
  • Supreme_Kai

Supreme x Kai

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

there is no skill in sniping when the weapon is literally point and click for a kill

sniping is lame and unrewarding in gta, though i do love shooting off the anti torque rotor on helicopters

True

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Beginning PC Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

My favorite sniping spots are:

Crane near Eclipse Towers

Skyscraper under construction near mors mutual

That abandoned tower in the Fire Department parking lot in Paleto Bay

A helicopter in many, many locations.

Out of all places, Los Santos Customs near the airport, on the rooftop.

The command tower at the airport

Mount Chiliad

Top of the green bridge near Elysian Island

IAA Building interior

At the many rooftops that are accessible in Grove Street

Top of the Strip Club

La Mesa, where Los Santos Customs is at

Speaking of LSC, the main one where everyone goes, on the rooftop.

The rockford plaza rooftop

The Rooftop Rumble rooftop

and many, many more.

Tipster98
  • Tipster98

Detroit Tigers Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

That crane by Michael's house

Darth_Rob
  • Darth_Rob

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:38 PM Edited by Darth_Rob, 10 June 2014 - 08:45 PM.

My favorite spot is the same as yours, but sniping at cars entering/leaving LSC is kind of weak. So if it's a white dot, I let them go.  If it's a white dot in a chrome car,  I give them a 5 second head start.  If it's a red dot or a bounty, fire at will.

garvdart
  • garvdart

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

The entire map.........

DrBigMa
  • DrBigMa

Losing Sanity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:23 AM

I love sniping because it gives me the advantage of not having immediate retaliation or looking immediately threatening. By this I mean pointing my Advanced Rifle at someone gives a noticeable sign of aggression towards them and they will do the same to you.  With a sniper, the victim will not see you and feel "safe" (honestly, what "safe" is there in Los Santos) and easy pickings.

As for favorite perches, no where obvious where everyone else does sniping.  I do enjoy the multiple construction cranes and construction sites as they provide a multitude of levels to snipe while staying open.  Mostly wherever available and open as I mostly improvise.  I always see it as being a better sniper if one learns to snipe anywhere.

rustlervxl21
  • rustlervxl21

ebay.com

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

there is no skill in sniping when the weapon is literally point and click for a kill
sniping is lame and unrewarding in gta, though i do love shooting off the anti torque rotor on helicopters

True
it takes a lot of skill to stay hidden, to be able to pick opponents off out of vehicles helicopters etc. Also 5 be able to stay mobile and always have an escape route. Sure any idiot can pick up the heavy sniper and aim and shoot. But to do it successfully while gaining multiple kills without being compromised or killed takes skill. Feel free to argue this fact as one could easily say it takes no skill to use a carbine or any automatic weapon for that matter to spray and pray. Personally sniping is my method of madness if you will. And having those skills I have said before took me to level 121 or so with a 3.96 k/d

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users