Quantcast

» «
Photo

Where Is Your Sniping Perch?

75 replies to this topic

Poll: Where Is Your Sniping Perch? (155 member(s) have cast votes)

What kind of sniper are you?

1. Avid (71 votes [45.81%])

Percentage of vote: 45.81%

2. Average (65 votes [41.94%])

Percentage of vote: 41.94%

3. Poor (14 votes [9.03%])

Percentage of vote: 9.03%

4. I don't snipe so i don't know but i'm sure i'm great! (5 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote
AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:05 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 23 April 2014 - 12:21 AM.

I know a lot of people including myself enjoy the fine art of sniping people when were bored and I've often wondered where are other people sniping perch.

Mine is two buildings in front of the Eclipse Towers it's not the one with the crane next to it but the one in front of that one.

It gives you the perfect view of surrounding streets and the entrance of LSC and the parking garages next to them and because there is property at the same building it is a good place to hide because it makes it look like you are actually inside that apartment when in reality you are on top of the roof.

I like to set a trap by using a PV of mine preferably the Sandking because it's hugh and almost impossible to move out of the way i either put an ingtion bomb or a remote bomb and i back it up to the door of LSC and i leave the motor running and lights on and depending on which bomb i lock the door so nobody can get in it and as they try and move it out of the way i make the call and blow it up blowing them and their PV at the same time or i will shoot the gas tank of there car a few times and blow their car up but my favorite is sniping them out of the driver seat as they pull out and you hear them saying WTF? Where the hell is he?

I don't do it often, It's just when i am super bored and none of my friends are playing

Where is your perch? Why do you choose that spot?

Side note: Please don't reply with "It's a secret or I'll never tell" you risk having your post removed and warned by a mod and risk having this thread locked and you wouldn't want to punish me now would you?

• Captain Revenge likes this

A Parked Car
  • A Parked Car

Snitch

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

I only snipe when I see a helicopter. Nothing beats the feeling of sniping that back propeller and watch as the poor low level guy inevitably falls to his death whilst he just wanted to innocently fly through the city enjoying the view.

• No-scope=NO_HOPE!! and Blankerz like this

OpTic DevilDog9
  • OpTic DevilDog9

Advanced User

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

Any building near several players. Maybe we ought to meet up on that building. Lol Gamertag - OpTic DevilDog9
  • ghostrider135 likes this

GranSnake
  • GranSnake

Sapper

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

Have rifle, will travel.
  • ghostrider135, DaTwista, OpTic DevilDog9 and 2 others like this

PoopyThomas
  • PoopyThomas

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:09 AM Edited by PoopyThomas, 23 April 2014 - 12:10 AM.

On top of the mall/ whatever that thingy is across from LSC
  • Blankerz and rickreim like this

modnation
  • modnation

Like this post for chop

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

the clock tower was my fav spot back when we used to be able to snipe tank griefers...now that we cant, i just use my tank to grief pvs and not pay for them :)

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

I stopped sniping when tank sniping got removed.

• No-scope=NO_HOPE!! and modnation like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

JollySWAGman is my Dad and I'm Best Scrub 2014

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

The Arcadius Business center is great for sniping people out of their cars.
  • WinnaACM likes this

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:11 AM

Tinsel towers, you can see anyone who enters and exits los Santos customs.

The airport terminal in front of the helicopters and on top of Devin Weston's hangar, I can prevent anyone from entering the airport on foot.

I also like that tall building with the artwork above the parking garage near Rockford hills lsc since you can snipe players on foot unlike from tinsel towers. The only problem is that you can't land a helicopter and take off since there's very little space to fit the rotors.

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

9/9/14

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

The very top of Maze Bank. Every time i get a 5-9k bounty i get a chopper and fly up there and wait. Sooner or later people will head to the hospital or the Vespucci helipad and when they get in the chopper it will render in and bang.

OpTic DevilDog9
  • OpTic DevilDog9

Advanced User

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:18 AM

Full auto spits a mag full of lead
but I take you out one shot to the head.

rickreim
  • rickreim

Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

I like this one and I have a few. I usually fly a chopper looking for somewhere that a lot of ppl are around. One I frequently use is the hospital where the helicopters spawn close to the impound. You can always get them while climbing in a chopper.

When people get on the roof of the lsc in the center of town I go to a building that is on the opposite corner from the parking lot that is above the lsc. From there you can see them if they come to one side of the roof and they are about at the same level as you. The mall has a better vantage point but they are usually aware of you if you up there

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:22 AM

Are you able to see inside the LSC parking lot and ect?

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:28 AM

Nowhere. I don't get how waiting on top of a perch to pick off a few people is enjoyable. Sounds pretty boring to me.But hey, whatever tickles your pickle.
  • PsychoGamer3 likes this

Deathmaker158
  • Deathmaker158

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:32 AM

The rooftop closest to other players. No really.
  • GTAMYBABIES, TF Bumblebee03 and IVIechanomics like this

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

Same as beanzinapot, I don't do sniping. Don't see the point unless it's in missions.

Also I'm quite frankly rubbish with the sniper rifle... :(

• ModderX likes this

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:38 AM Edited by Tabula Rasa, 23 April 2014 - 12:52 AM.

All over, I like to master all weapons so I play all kinds of ways but when I am sniping I move across the city rooftop to rooftop but every time I do I am off the radar and its usually a roof about as far away as a minute will get me.

During christmas I was known as the Winter Sniper, because it was winter and I was a sniper.

I don't snipe a whole lot, its super boring sometimes.

Pardew's Prostate
  • Pardew's Prostate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:44 AM

Above where hospital heli pads are near the impound, best rooftop but not the best of areas.

• GTAMYBABIES likes this

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

tiredly waiting for the ps4 version of gta v

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:45 AM Edited by BOSS 302, 23 April 2014 - 12:46 AM.

I know that I'm always the first one to pull the trigger

Spoiler

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:47 AM

I find camping very boring so I usually just snipe people straight-on but from afar.

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

tiredly waiting for the ps4 version of gta v

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:49 AM

I find camping very boring 

Not if you're near downtown LSC   :rol:

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:49 AM

there is no skill in sniping when the weapon is literally point and click for a kill

sniping is lame and unrewarding in gta, though i do love shooting off the anti torque rotor on helicopters

• Supreme_Kai likes this

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

ENERGY TURTLE

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

Mine is anywhere where the garage door to the Downtown LSC is in clear view.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

there is no skill in sniping when the weapon is literally point and click for a kill

sniping is lame and unrewarding in gta, though i do love shooting off the anti torque rotor on helicopters

Sniping would be so much better if it was like this :(

• Killzone3265 likes this

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:53 AM

I don't take sniping in this game seriously, anyone should be able to do it

• Deathmaker158, Killzone3265 and gtarelatedusername2 like this

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

ENERGY TURTLE

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:55 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 23 April 2014 - 12:56 AM.

I don't take sniping in this game seriously, anyone should be able to do it

And yet, 80% of the time people will whine about how it's cheating or how they dodged it or some bullsh*t. Half the fun in this game is listening to some of the rationalizations people come up with when they screw up.

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:36 AM

i voted average. i'm fairly good i think, but i've been sniped quite a few times myself though too.

i have many spots, although it seems a good amount of players never seem to figure out where they are. now i'm not gonna tell where they are though because i don't want to give away any of my secret spots, but if you ever see me in your lobby i'd be happy to show them as long as you play it cool and don't start shooting everything up trying to kill me. would be best to send me a message first.  :lol:

sniping is lame and unrewarding in gta...

have you tried sniping with only the reg. sniper rifle and reg scope? i will agree the heavy sniper/advanced scope makes it almost effortless.

also it's not exactly that easy if you're by yourself and going up against multipe players. it can be quite a fun game to see how long you can last.  :lol:

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:45 AM

I don't really have any favorite spots. When I'm in a sniping mood, I use a maverick and find a place a few blocks away from people. Other times I'll use a fast car and snipe from the ground, which I think is actually easier in some aspects, although you're more vulnerable to retaliation.

what about the MLG moment from earlier?

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:48 AM

I don't have a specific spot to snipe people.

And I can't say I'm just average, but above average at it

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:52 AM Edited by GTAMYBABIES, 23 April 2014 - 02:03 AM.

I love sniping. I take my Akuma along for the ride or Buzzard in. Most buildings have ladders which makes sniping better. I just unlocked green tint for the heavy sniper. I use a lot of locations. The ones I use the most are below. I prefer buildings with no ledge on the roof. With ledges the lower person can still be a foe harder to get.

Hospital by the impound, mall by lsc, most hillsides as they usually have undulations which makes it impossible for the person lower than you to get up to your place (there is a spot by the dam perfect for this method), the industrial buildings around the lsc on the east part of town, Hangers at the military base, clock tower in vespucci, police station where rhino spawns, Chinese theater where rhino spawns.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users