• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic
Deathmaker158
  • Deathmaker158

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

No they don't, you're making it sound like there is some grand conspiracy. Allow me to burst your bubble, there isn't. We're just enforcing Forum Rules, rules you agree to abide by upon registering on this free service. There really isn't more to it.

WRONG..........you pick and choose who you enforce those rules on....Like i said some users can say and do as they please, all you have to do is LOOK at the forums....Are you going to be un-biased and enforce those rules on everyone fairly? because you dont do that currently..Like i said yu guys cant even get on the same page...Some will see a thread and lock it, others allow it to continue, there should be ZERO differing of opinions, because like you said there are forum rules...I am going to report every person that types inb4lock and expect 100% of them to be banned..Lets see if it happens
If you don't be an asshole to the mods they won't be an asshole to you. It's called discretion.
  • Otter and ten-a-penny like this

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:10 PM Edited by maybeanotherone, 23 April 2014 - 03:10 PM.

@ maybe - i've confirmed nothing but that you've got your head up your own ass. You have a bone to pick about moderation at large, go lament in the Network Support section. We've been around for 13 years, trust me, we'll be OK.

LOL says the moderator who insults in the singular "I" and goes to the hypocritical "we" when it suits him.

i wouldn't need 13 years to see your bipolar nature, it's on display.

like the forum itself you're lacking consistency, make your mind up.

you're either the passive agressive guy who is personally invested in this by attacking members personally , or the self righteous moderator who's just hiding behind the collective.
except there's no collective, every mod does what he likes.

i repeat a disfunctional staff gets a disfunctional membership.

say i have a bone to pick, sure. you have a chip on your shoulder.
  • Hx1349, SmokeDat, TomKongPhooey and 2 others like this

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

I heard it cost like $100 Dollars to become a mod.

I heard Raavi didn't pay the compulsory 3000 Euros to become a mod, and in fact used sivispacem as a connection to get in for just 1500 Euros! Fraud.

• Otter, Raavi and Deathmaker158 like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:12 PM Edited by Raavi, 23 April 2014 - 03:15 PM.

You caught us, we're planning on shipping you all to FEMA camps, where you will be programmed and become Forum Sheep.

All joking aside, when we see a rule breaking post/thread regardless of who is the author, appropriate action will be taken. Contrary to what you seem to think, everybody is held to the same standards, we don't single people out. 

As for threads getting locked and other not getting locked, it is judged on a case by case basis. Sometimes we will give a thread a few posts to see how it plays out, sometimes it will be locked directly. All 100% based on the actual topic and content of the thread, not the author of the thread.

• Otter, Franceska, EZza2647 and 2 others like this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

@maybe - buddy, pal, friend: you're a goof. What we call up here in Canada a hoser. So take off, eh? I don't have the time nor the inclination to sift through your nebulous posts to give you any sort of measured response. If you take anything away from this thread, well, I bet you can guess what that should be.

Don't spam.

Like I said; you have a problem with me, the rest oft he staff, or the forums at large... Go post in Network Support. Thanks.
  • ten-a-penny, Postman27 and InfernoRage69 like this

ManInBlack
  • ManInBlack

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

So we post a complaint about the moderators in the network support section, then who looks into our problem, a moderator? Lol great checks and balances...you cant speak for all the moderators just yourselfs, otter, and ravi...there are moderators who have agendas...if a post doesnt adhere to the rules it should be locked asap, not " lets wait and see where this goes"..
  • TomKongPhooey, Unstoppable_Kiwi and PJ-147 like this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

Well, I'm glad I'm not a member of your dream Facism forums, then. :p

Now, let's stay on topic, unless we've run our course here?
  • *MURDOC* and ten-a-penny like this

Deathmaker158
  • Deathmaker158

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

Well, I'm glad I'm not a member of your dream Facism forums, then. :p
Now, let's stay on topic, unless we've run our course here?

No, the train still has a little to go.
  • BOSS 302 likes this

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:28 PM Edited by maybeanotherone, 23 April 2014 - 03:28 PM.

it's clear you don't want spam and one liners, but neither do you want well written and concise points.

you want complacent members period.

stop infering and projecting, i have no problems with you, remaining staff and gtaf network in general.

you buddy, you have clear problems with opinions.

i mean, what's this? entrapment? admin trolling?
you made the post, you keep it open, you lash out at anyone who dares say anything...
are you baiting users to sink down to your level so you can pull up the admin console?

people are not blind
  • Xyn, SmokeDat, tdavies457 and 3 others like this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

Oh, f*ck, sorry if I didn't see a 'well written and concise point' in any of the crap you've posted, only goading and self-important whinging. Nobody has a grudge against you. Nobody knows who the hell you are. :p

Please get back on topic or take off. Third and final warning on the matter.
  • *MURDOC*, WillWorthington3, ten-a-penny and 1 other like this

PJ-147
  • PJ-147

qotd

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

I got to admit, for the first time i actually read the rules of a forum this time :)

I agree with most of it, but you can't really be serious about giving people a ban for going off-topic or (trying to) be funny, that's not funny men.

• ten-a-penny, Deathmaker158, Lance_Vance89 and 1 other like this

ManInBlack
  • ManInBlack

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:42 PM Edited by ManInBlack, 23 April 2014 - 03:44 PM.

ALL i want is consistency ACROSS THE BOARD...There should be NO grey area, if a topic even remotely breaks the forum rules, LOCK IT, dont allow it to see where it goes, because thats the inconsistency im talking about...Topic A, will be locked immediately because otter said so, Topic B(same topic thread), will be allowed to "see where it goes", by Ravi...THATS INCONSISTENT...if it breaks a rule lock it, dont pick and choose, because whats the point in rules then, if you're just going to use YOUR OWN PERSONAL discretion...USE THE RULES, PERIOD..

• GR Choke likes this

Deathmaker158
  • Deathmaker158

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

ALL i want is consistency ACROSS THE BOARD...There should be NO grey area, if a topic even remotely breaks the forum rules, LOCK IT, dont allow it to see where it goes, because thats the inconsistency im talking about...Topic A, will be locked immediately because otter said so, Topic B(same topic thread), will be allowed to "see where it goes", by Ravi...THATS INCONSISTENT...if it breaks a rule lock it, dont pick and choose, because whats the point in rules then, if your just going to use YOUR OWN PERSONAL discretion...USE THE RULES, PERIOD

That wouldn't go down well. We all follow the rules, but it's a nice environment. If the mods went crazy locking things it would feel like North Korea.

ManInBlack
  • ManInBlack

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:46 PM Edited by ManInBlack, 23 April 2014 - 03:50 PM.

so whats the point of rules then if the moderators choose to put there own personal judgement ahead of forum rules??? Rules then become useless and the forum becomes a cesspool, which it currently is...You cant pick and choose what topics are allowed, the FORUM RULES, should do that for you...Personal judgement should NEVER come into play when your run by rules and regulations 

• darkwar854 likes this

Deathmaker158
  • Deathmaker158

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:50 PM Edited by Deathmaker158, 23 April 2014 - 03:52 PM.

so whats the point of rules then if the moderators choose to put there own personal judgement ahead of forum rules??? Rules then become useless and the forum becomes a cesspool, which it currently is...

Not the loophole game again. It's up to the mods to judge. That why they're here. Now I'm finished.
  • Otter, Raavi and ten-a-penny like this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

ALL i want is consistency ACROSS THE BOARD...There should be NO grey area, if a topic even remotely breaks the forum rules, LOCK IT, dont allow it to see where it goes, because thats the inconsistency im talking about...Topic A, will be locked immediately because otter said so, Topic B(same topic thread), will be allowed to "see where it goes", by Ravi...THATS INCONSISTENT...if it breaks a rule lock it, dont pick and choose, because whats the point in rules then, if you're just going to use YOUR OWN PERSONAL discretion...USE THE RULES, PERIOD..

Simple answer: no. We're complex people with our own brains and when we're corralling a forum full of excited people, we need to roll witht he punches. To do anything else would be at best unproductive and at worst stifle the community. So, no, we will not be the robotic rule enforcing pablum you seem to be pining for. Also: calm down, budz!

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You have a further rant you wish to share, post it in network support. /brokenrecord
  • Raavi likes this

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

People need to stop worrying about what happens to other members. We dont notify everyone every time we warn/ban a member for breaking the rules. Just because you dont see it doesnt mean it isnt happening.

This isnt a democracy. We take your input seriously, but at the end of the day this is a free site. The rules in place arent that difficult to follow. If you at least try to follow them you will be fine. If you see others breaking the rules then report them and move on. We will handle it.

• Otter, *MURDOC*, Raavi and 1 other like this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

You caught us, we're planning on shipping you all to FEMA camps, where you will be programmed and become Forum Sheep.

All joking aside, when we see a rule breaking post/thread regardless of who is the author, appropriate action will be taken. Contrary to what you seem to think, everybody is held to the same standards, we don't single people out. 

As for threads getting locked and other not getting locked, it is judged on a case by case basis. Sometimes we will give a thread a few posts to see how it plays out, sometimes it will be locked directly. All 100% based on the actual topic and content of the thread, not the author of the thread.

I feel some sympathy for you as you get to deal with the cluster*ck that is the online section. If ever a section of this forum needs regular thread locking, then the online section is it. 

Simple answer: no. We're complex people with our own brains and when we're corralling a forum full of excited people, we need to roll witht he punches. To do anything else would be at best unproductive and at worst stifle the community. So, no, we will not be the robotic rule enforcing pablum you seem to be pining for. Also: calm down, budz!

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You have a further rant you wish to share, post it in network support. /brokenrecord

This has everything to do with this topic...So basically what is SPAM, according to the GTAF...because what im hearing from you is Personal judgement takes precedent over forum rules...Then in the same breath you say FOLLOW THE RULES, im confused on what were supposed to do

Moderator judgement > Forum rules....am i reading what you're saying correctly?

In certain cases, i think you've summed iy up pretty well

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

so whats the point of rules then if the moderators choose to put there own personal judgement ahead of forum rules??? Rules then become useless and the forum becomes a cesspool, which it currently is...

Not the loophole game again. It's up to the mods to judge. That why they're here. Now I'm finished.
and a generalized population opinion would show that many refuse to care about moderator/led-by judgment. Myself included.

(tempted to put dealwithit.gif here)

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

Thanks, codename, that sums it up. It seems no one has anything else to say about spamming, so I'll lock this up and leave it pinned for a few more days.

Things to take away from this discussion:

- Don't spam.
- Don't spam.
- Don't spam!!!
- Don't post in a thread if you have nothing to contribute.
- Don't reply to spam.
- Moderators use their discretion to run the forums.
- Deal with it.

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to invite you back for the followup discussion: Why Can't We Post Whatever We Want? Same bat-time, same bat-channel.
  • *MURDOC*, WillWorthington3, Staten and 5 others like this

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

and a generalized population opinion would show that many refuse to care about moderator/led-by judgment. Myself included.

(tempted to put dealwithit.gif here)

Thats fine. You dont have to care about these judgment calls, but you will abide by them. Once again, this is a free site. Every member is a guest, mostly welcome guests at that. But if you have a problem with the way the site is run then please use one of the other GTA fan sites, because you arent welcome here if you cant follow simple rules.

This isnt f*cking rocket science people. Every forum has rules, most of which are much stricter than ours. Get over it or move on.

• *MURDOC*, Gaffa, WillWorthington3 and 12 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users