Why do people with bounties hide?

114 replies to this topic
Gnight995
  • Gnight995

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

If they hide long enough, 1 day GTA time or 45 minutes player time, the bounty goes to them.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

I hide in invite only lobbies and try get bounties put on me actually. If you're wiling to sell a vehicle every 48 minutes it's worth it to try get a bounty for the same purpose. Great way earn a little extra. Public lobbies are a gong show anyways.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:31 PM Edited by BondageKitty, 22 April 2014 - 09:32 PM.

I use bounties for a fun chase and to atract player attention. Plus nothing is more satisfying to me than thanking the bounty owner when you get his money when you survive it.

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

Why do people on the FBI Most Wanted list hide?

Because in REAL LIFE they'll be senteced to death OR 124 years in jail! 

We still do that in Los Santos, too. The sentence is handed out on the streets.

Cheers!

hestjaevel
  • hestjaevel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

I usually dont free roam. But when I do with a bounty on me I either run around like I didn't have a bounty, or I hop on the train and destroy anyone who tries to get the bounty with my minigun.

Jumping on the train eliminates the threat of the tank. The buzzard can still be a threat but so is my minigun.

Plus you get a free sightseeing of the whole map :D

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

48 minutes to win the bounty is ridiculous... It's not worth that. Should be like 10 minutes. 

• gizmonomono likes this

JohnDoe7125539271
  • JohnDoe7125539271

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

48 minutes to win the bounty is ridiculous... It's not worth that. Should be like 10 minutes. 

It should be forever, until you get killed. 

• watchclock likes this

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

Should be able to bribe lester to remove the bounty

• GrandTheftBatman, am30 and Heists like this

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

I let someone claim it or I turn into a one man squadron.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:52 PM Edited by TheJasonGallant, 22 April 2014 - 09:53 PM.

It should be forever, until you get killed. 

I disagree, if in 10 mins no one is able to kill you they must really suck or don't care. But having bounties forever is stupid. What's fun it that?

Should be able to bribe lester to remove the bounty

No or there would be no point for bounties.

antikristiii
  • antikristiii

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:27 PM

I camp out and let people come at me to get my bounty. I will usually kill 5-6 people before I get killed. Helps out my k/d ratio :-)

This. Hiding in your apartment and in wall breaches is to be frowned upon. But setting up camp and surviving for as long as possible is so much fun. I see getting a bounty as not ruining my GTA experience, but rather enhancing it. It's one thing hoards of AI coming at you, but 15 respawning, money hungry, psychos is... so much win. So much win in fact, me and my mates put bounties on each other and make a stand at various locations. 

Nothing like dominating the map in a buzzard on some insane kill-streak (Bonus points for killing their tanks. Even more when you see that epic moment when a tank hides under a bridge scared). Kill so much that the lobby KNOWS your name, from constantly seeing it in the kill-feed. Get them all riled up, enough to whack $9000 on your buddy firing the rockets. He immediately puts one on you too. CHASE. You bomb across the map to the location you'll make your last stand. Helicopters, cars with passengers can be seen heading your way on the map like Pac-Man ghosts. Booby trap the place fast! A wall of stickies. Get to your vantage point. GO OUT LIKE A BOSS! Is this not what everyone dreamed about GTAIII-IV?

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

To protect their precious KD!!!!!

Bounty baiting = high k/d

No bounty baiting = low k/d

I usually dont free roam. But when I do with a bounty on me I either run around like I didn't have a bounty, or I hop on the train and destroy anyone who tries to get the bounty with my minigun.

Jumping on the train eliminates the threat of the tank. The buzzard can still be a threat but so is my minigun.

Plus you get a free sightseeing of the whole map :D

Schoolgirl

Depends on what you call hiding.  Staying in your Apt/Garage, Wall Glitching, or Submarine diving is a pretty p***y move, all for 9K at most.  Ducking through alleys, and setting up traps is all part of the bounty experience.  Nothing wrong with holding up somewhere, and taking on all the ambushers.

correct

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

I'll hide because to me it's about making money, it's not about making sure someone else is entertained trying to chase me down. If someone is foolish enough to drop a $9K bounty on me after I drop one of my $1K's on them, I'm more than happy to go sit and wait it out and I'll get work done in invite only, making money.

If I feel like creating a chase when I have a bounty on me, awesome. Overall though, I don't care what people think: it's about my entertainment, not making sure everyone else in the lobby is.

Beyond that, free roam is expensive and little bit of money here, little bit of money there, not to mention putting time to use if I'm in invite only, I'm all set in terms of GTA$.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

Bounties are basically free money. There's a lot you can buy with $9000.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

For most it's not about the money, it's about the satisfaction of a hard earned kill or the satisfaction of of surviving against nearly impossible odds.

That satisfaction is diminished if you cheat glitch or hide unfairly *ahem* Southwest *ahem*.... Sorry something got stuck in my throat.

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Car Enthusiast/Creepy Fetishist.

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:42 PM Edited by OriginalCharacter, 22 April 2014 - 10:43 PM.

it gives me a reason to whip out my infernus and destroy the sh*t out of peoples' cars

i love playing this game like it's twisted metal

being chased is more fun than hiding, but f*ck letting them actually kill me

the very second i see a tank, i'm headed back to my apartment

DeathByGenocide
  • DeathByGenocide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

I hide because if my 5k bounty means that much to you then ima make you work for it, it's fun to watch some broke ass desperado spend 30 minutes trying to get my bounty only to have it expire before they get the chance.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

Bounties are basically free money. There's a lot you can buy with $9000.

This. I don't care that someone is going to whine that I'm not letting them have the opportunity to get the bounty.

SouthWestPayDay
  • SouthWestPayDay

Tha SouthWest Soldier...BIG money folder...Motorolla holder

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:56 PM Edited by SouthWestPayDay, 23 April 2014 - 12:01 AM.

Yeah....but the one time I hid out in limbo it was TONS of fun....picking people off right above my head and blowing up their PVs....I will do it again the next time some douchebag puts a $9000 bounty on me....get your cameras ready to send a report to your boyfriend Brian B snitches....lol

I count two times above.  Still, it's a low move.  At least man the f**k up and sit on a roof sniping fools or even roll in a tank or a jet or a Buzzard, those can be respected.  Hiding in a wall breach is just as bad as riding out a bounty in your apartment when you could do that.  Even the mini-sub is more repectable.  Heck, I'll salute the dude that finally gets me when I'm in the mini-sub.

Typical 12 year old reply.  Resort to questioning someone's sexuality.

BTW, a tank barrel will fit into the wall breach at the car park.
I have never gone into the garage glitch to hide from a bounty, because EVERYONE knows about it. The bridge one I went into the other day when I was near it and someone put a $9000 bounty on me, just because I wanted to see what would happen...it was fun. I really don't give 2 craps what you consider "fair"....let me play my game my way....you play yours your way.

P.S. I actually told one of the dudes that I killed about 3 times that he could have the bounty if he came back over, and I even showed him how to get in there after he claimed the bounty. I was in there for a grand total of 5 minutes....he thought it was hilarious after I showed him and me and him screwed with some of his friends after I showed him how to get in it.

RDH1983
  • RDH1983

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:35 AM Edited by RDH1983, 23 April 2014 - 12:35 AM.

Trying to survive a Bounty is actually part of the game i really enjoy.. 

Believe it or not this game isn't just about grinding RR for 6 hours straight. 

I usually grab my buzzard head to the top of maze tower or the buidling opposite Eclipse Towers, snipe people climbing the crane. 

Usually in this time there will be some bounties around, jump back in the buzzard claim those. Maybe get adventurous and try and sell a car in the mean time, then back to protecting the precious bounty. Someone usually claims it eventually but it's just one of the little things that makes this game so enjoyable for me. People are unpredictable, creative and i welcome the chase.  

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:44 AM Edited by RealHoosier07, 23 April 2014 - 01:46 AM.

The most fun in this game for me now is purposefully getting a bounty by stealing cars from NPC's until they bounty me.  This usually only takes 5 to 10 minutes.  I then go out into the open world, bring up my map, and wait for the blips to start heading towards me.  I give them the best chase of their lives and make them earn that 9K or whatever the bounty is.  It's a blast to do this.  My favorite part is when they can't catch me/kill me, so they start calling me a pussy for not "letting them kill me".  

I've made other players chase me around for over an hour, and it's usually an hour of excitement and fun.  There is nothing better to me than getting a bounty and showing other players that they can't out-drive me and can't kill me quickly.  I have a route I run that always screws them up and they lose me.  After making them chase me in my car for an extended time, I will usually end up getting out of my car and finish the night off with a gun fight until I die.  SO much damn fun! :)

tails_prower_2040
  • tails_prower_2040

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

I also like when bounties are set upon me though how they end can vary.

In the main if I am in a private lobby with friends I usually let one of them waste
me to get the money from the bounty and if they then have a bounty in the same session
roles reversed.

Playing Solo I just drive about the map for the 48 mins to claim the money myself.

In public lobby I usually do the same drive about and if I see someone coming after me
make a judgement call - usually they get the bounty but now I try to make them work for
it using rooftops to hide or the submersable/jets if available.

Last time I used the sub that my pursuers were very clued up - they knew I was hiding in the sub
and impressively they used the grenades on the surface of the water and I ended up
crashing the sub into the rocks so had to surface to an awating RPG rocket.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

most of the bounties on me are from those Baller owner, sometime I just cant remember I had one on me, and I just drive my beautiful Carbonizzare around with hood opened, and go to the LSC...

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Welsh Boy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

Did not know you could keep the money

I didn't either but for 48 minutes I think I'll just bank my money and let them get on with it.

BLACK DYNAM1TE
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE

GTA KING. NO CHEAT CODES.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

Bet you'll stop letting people shoot you in the face for free now, huh?

But outside of the money, you are given certain awards/RP, and unlocks for surviving bounties. Bounties are also just plain fun "freemode mini games" like interfering in a Armor Truck robbery or high jacking someone from the Simeon Car.

I like to use my bounty to lure people into ass kickings, or  to "protect the bounty" when placed on crew members and friends. Its just my polite way of starting shoot-outs. When I am "hiding" as you put it Im not ready at that exact moment to have 3-4 people chasing me around for $1000 dollars due to I need either an bathroom/munchies break....BUT I would never just hand it over for free that's for sure.

Unless your under $100,000 the bounty is NEVER about the money so Coveted and Rooftop Rumble spamming shouldn't have even been mentioned here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users