Passive Mode...

60 replies to this topic
Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

leader of State Trooper's PD [SAST]

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

hi guy's,Alan here,bringing you another topic to discus.

I've found Passive mode a bit Annoying,I have my own reasons to back this up...

1] trolled by a tank & ran over by it & my bloody hospital bill wasn't paid for!

2] PV blown up by a tank,about 20 odd times,only had 2 no charges,WTF!

3] killed & shot at while in a Vehicle,Come on! Fix The Passive Mode Would Ya!

4] Flies in a Annihilator,get's killed by a Sniper,DAFUQ!

5] Get's killed by a player who thought it was funny to crash a Titan on top of me!

6] Trolled by a D*ck head flying a Lazer,Come on!

R* should fix Passive Mode,your thoughts?  

YouDareYouDie
  • YouDareYouDie

A Bad Sport Legend

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

Dont like it dont go in free roam. Simple.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:28 PM Edited by Mr Fyn666, 22 April 2014 - 03:29 PM.

Erm that sounds like just a lot of bad luck to me.....

You gotta play it smart in passive mode out on em chaotic streets. When you spot white dots approaching ALWAYS find some cover and that could include standing on a high wall or on a balcony away from the pesky turret

If balcony has said cover, i.e a roof then Titan is a non starter.....

If you are in a vehicle and spot a white dot near you, exit vehicle and move away while you assess the situation...

You're right though, it is a crap feature but its all we got for now.....

Beedit  lucky....

• Alanbeales1 likes this

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

s1ckmad3 peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

Yes, They should fix Passive Mode..

By getting rid of it completely. 

• Alanbeales1, redpoint, Arazern and 1 other like this

McBean007
  • McBean007

Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

I maybe use pussy mode 1-2 times, its so lame and shows what a pussy you are, like lester says: "Cant handle the heat?"
  • SMFtwstdHICK likes this

Rbrunstheshow
  • Rbrunstheshow

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

Never used it. Chuckle to myself when I see people in pussy mode.

sdime1217
  • sdime1217

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

tough guy huh?.....hahahaha

• Blastoise1994, ZeroSafe5615 and Djmtt89000 like this

LittleMonsterCA
  • LittleMonsterCA

Listening To You :)

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

To be honest I wish passive mode would work while were in our vehicles instead of getting shot through the glass....
  • Blastoise1994 and Alanbeales1 like this

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:37 PM Edited by maybeanotherone, 22 April 2014 - 05:38 PM.

it's called Passive, P-A-S-S-I-V-E.

not Invincible.

passive: opposite of active, subject to active players actions without a chance to fight back.

invincible: invulnerable to every possible action by active players.

the more you know...

redpoint
  • redpoint

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

Godeater
  • Godeater

RUSH RLZ

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

To be honest I wish passive mode would work while were in our vehicles instead of getting shot through the glass....

And... you'd get all these arseholes going into passive mode and running over everyone else.

I use passive mode if I am going for a smoke or piss break. If there is something close to me I can jump up on to ~avoid the likelihood of being run over I will do that too.

Other than that, what is the point? If you are being terrorized so much, try to find a peaceful crew or friends to join I suppose. This is GTA, this is war!

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Biased towards women in real life photoshoots too

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

I really only use passive mode when I enter my garage, to avoid being shot by anyone who glitched into it. 

Arazern
  • Arazern

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

its only passive for you, so why would others br prevented from killing you if they are not in passive mode?

Cmdr_Shepherd
  • Cmdr_Shepherd

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

Used it a bit when I first started, but as soon as I realised how much better 'Invite Only' was for quiet, solo sessions, I just use that when I want a more casual game.

Freemode is basically 'every man for himself', so there's really no point in hobbling yourself while everyone else is armed and dangerous.

In other words, it may be unsporting to bring a gun to a knife fight, but you're only asking for trouble if you bring a knife to a gunfight...

• redpoint likes this

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

Passive mode is good for a smoke break or to do a chore for the wife. I would say 9/10 times I use it I have no problems. I always go to a place that is safe from being run over but am not always safe from fire trucks or aerial vehicle kamakazi attacks. I would suggest being more aware of your environment and don't expect people not to kill you if you're in passive.
  • Godeater likes this

FedoraTheExplora
  • FedoraTheExplora

Banned Forever from Club Penguin...I'm so Badass.

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

hqdefault.jpg

• coolguy12345 and PsychoGamer3 like this

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

s1ckmad3 peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:19 AM Edited by SMFtwstdHICK, 23 April 2014 - 02:19 AM.

Passive mode is good for a smoke break or to do a chore for the wife. I would say 9/10 times I use it I have no problems. I always go to a place that is safe from being run over but am not always safe from fire trucks or aerial vehicle kamakazi attacks. I would suggest being more aware of your environment and don't expect people not to kill you if you're in passive.

See, that is different though.. You are leaving a place of chaos and going some place where you can chill and smoke, bang the wife, etc... I see no problem with that. Course, I just head to the garage or something.. Passive if puss when , like you tank griefed pricks come out, bomb out, lose your tank, THEN hit passive mode when you respawn... That is bullsh*t IMO... Or, any passive mode sh*t when you are in the thick, causing sh*t, then, it gets "too much" and they passive mode out. Pussy move, plain and simple.. 

I got plastered by 3 guys just taking the killing to me.. Telling me they are gonna run me from the lobby, etc.. They must've killed me at least 20 times.. LOL.. Possibly more, I lost count. All of a sudden, I am in passive mode. Never , EVER would I go to that, even with me getting owned.. But, that's what they told me, SUre enough , I was. I said f*ck that pussy passive mode. I took it off, got killed again..

I am wondering if some R* people could see how badly I was getting destroyed and showed mercy.. LOL... And put my character into passive mode. Screw that.. I was talking sh*t, the whole time while they killed me.. It was hilarious... And, yep, they didn't run me outta the lobby, the suckasses, They tried, but, F that, I'll stand my ground.. 

Okay, off rant LOL..

Passive mode still sucks. And the point was for all that diatribe is that I NEVER , ever go to passive mode. Even in the thick like that.

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:50 AM Edited by GTAMYBABIES, 23 April 2014 - 02:50 AM.

Go onto a ladder and wait there. No one can follow you up and when they disperse you can get to the top and disable passive and start snipering them.

The Online Gamer
  • The Online Gamer

I'm a rebel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:53 AM

See, that is different though.. You are leaving a place of chaos and going some place where you can chill and smoke, bang the wife, etc... I see no problem with that. Course, I just head to the garage or something.. Passive if puss when , like you tank griefed pricks come out, bomb out, lose your tank, THEN hit passive mode when you respawn... That is bullsh*t IMO... Or, any passive mode sh*t when you are in the thick, causing sh*t, then, it gets "too much" and they passive mode out. Pussy move, plain and simple.. 

I got plastered by 3 guys just taking the killing to me.. Telling me they are gonna run me from the lobby, etc.. They must've killed me at least 20 times.. LOL.. Possibly more, I lost count. All of a sudden, I am in passive mode. Never , EVER would I go to that, even with me getting owned.. But, that's what they told me, SUre enough , I was. I said f*ck that pussy passive mode. I took it off, got killed again..

I am wondering if some R* people could see how badly I was getting destroyed and showed mercy.. LOL... And put my character into passive mode. Screw that.. I was talking sh*t, the whole time while they killed me.. It was hilarious... And, yep, they didn't run me outta the lobby, the suckasses, They tried, but, F that, I'll stand my ground.. 

Okay, off rant LOL..

Passive mode still sucks. And the point was for all that diatribe is that I NEVER , ever go to passive mode. Even in the thick like that.
I actually agree.
But, pacifier mode should at least give you some way to defend yourself. If I want to drive to Paleto Bay without any problems, I don't want to be shot in the f*cking face as I'm minding my own damn business. Rockstar logic: on foot, still vulnerable; in car, fair game.
  • MrCamo likes this

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:29 AM

Try free aim lobbies. There's no lock on so you don't get shot out of your car. Also you get more RP and there's less stupid people. Just set your aim to free aim instead of assisted in the single player pause screen before you log into gta online.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:45 AM

When you're in PM, in your vehicle, you can still kill others by running them over, hitting them with the propellers, etc. So why should they make it so that the player on foot can't kill you?

Rbrunstheshow
  • Rbrunstheshow

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:17 AM Edited by Rbrunstheshow, 23 April 2014 - 06:54 AM.

No, not at all. Just don't understand people using pussy mode when they're in a game where you kill people! Defeats the object of the game. Why, do you use it pussy?

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:41 AM

Try free aim lobbies. .... and there's less stupid people. .

only because there are a lot less of all people,    

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:27 AM

No, not at all. Just don't understand people using pussy mode when they're in a game where you kill people! Defeats the object of the game. Why, do you use it pussy?

typical, braindead, CoD player mentality

GTA doesn't have to be PvP all the time, some people bought it to f*ck around in different ways, such as toying around with the cars, or seeing what weird sh*t they can do with the game's physics

people that think sandbox games have to revolve around nothing but what guns they have are the most boring types of players imo

• blk95ta, OmegaEvolution, chainsoar and 5 others like this

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:17 AM Edited by OriginalCharacter, 23 April 2014 - 10:19 AM.

typical, braindead, CoD player mentality

GTA doesn't have to be PvP all the time, some people bought it to f*ck around in different ways, such as toying around with the cars, or seeing what weird sh*t they can do with the game's physics

people that think sandbox games have to revolve around nothing but what guns they have are the most boring types of players imo
Typical in-bred mentality. Didn't say pvp all the time, just don't see the point in a passive mode, just p@ss off in an invite only session if you don't want to get killed in a game where everyone is armed to the teeth with guns and explosives.

lol "in-bred". pretty sure that's a word you can't tell me the meaning of without googling it

and "invite only" is horsesh*t if you enjoy meeting new players worth keeping around, so you can toss that lame suggestion out the window

and the whole "pussy mode" thing is miss-used, mostly by idiots like you who can't seem to tell the difference between someone who wants to f*ck around & possibly find new people to play with (without interference from some nerd that thinks they're hard, operating a virtual pistol) and a micropenised e-thug that thinks a high K/D makes them look cool, while hiding behind passive mode at the slightest hint of danger

any half-wit can easily say "invite-only", just like anyone else could tell you to f*ck off and go play deathmatch

just my 2 cents  :beerhat:

• XJpostman, ModderX, medodido and 2 others like this

ashbashbluesfan
  • ashbashbluesfan

Professional Griefer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

I believe Passive Mode should be removed.

Simply because there is invite only, if you're in passive then you clearly do not want to fight so go to invite only, if you want people to play with just do some missions or add people from the forum.

I don't understand why people must use passive in normal free roam.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:51 AM Edited by jcph3, 23 April 2014 - 11:53 AM.

Typical in-bred mentality. Didn't say pvp all the time, just don't see the point in a passive mode, just p@ss off in an invite only session if you don't want to get killed in a game where everyone is armed to the teeth with guns and explosives.

and "invite only" is horsesh*t if you enjoy meeting new players worth keeping around, so you can toss that lame suggestion out the window

any half-wit can easily say "invite-only", just like anyone else could tell you to f*ck off and go play deathmatch

Well in my best full wit! Go play Invite only!!!!

It's not the Los Santos Social Club!  "I enjoy meeting new people, my favorite color is chrome with a lime green pearlescent, I enjoy long walks, the common Adder and just getting to know you ....

Please, in GTA 99% of us don't like ourselves, wait til your old enough to go to the pub and make new friends ....

HarveyBest
  • HarveyBest

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

Open sessions are dangerous places. ALL THE TIME. Like others have said, use ladders, walls, rooftops, trees etc. to further protect yourself.

I don't go after Passives, unless it's someone who has just done something like bomb my PV and then gone passive, but sometimes when you are driving along and there is a passive running down the middle of a road, you just can't help yourself.

You also have to remember that some passives are just waiting for your attention to be elsewhere so they can come out of passive and shoot you in the back, so nobody trusts them.

• jcph3 likes this

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

Sounds like you're a tank griefer who wants to spawn kills players until they leave the session and are fed up with having to try and run them over when they go into passive mode to get away from your sorry ass.

Just sayin'.

redpoint
  • redpoint

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

In other words, it may be unsporting to bring a gun to a knife fight, but you're only asking for trouble if you bring a knife to a gunfight...

Wise words there, wise words! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users