Silencer on assault shotgun?

139 replies to this topic
Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

^ also make sure that the truck doesn't move -- you can block it with a car from the front to avoid it moving -- then you can take your time firing at the back. as said, only 2 shots and the doors will blast open. but if the driver (or passenger) guard get out to fire at you, don't return fire. you'll get  3 stars as normal upon firing at him.

It didn't move, but the guy hopped out, so I shot him and three stars.

So i will once again have to see if the trucks spawn up tonight.

MookStunna
  • MookStunna

Il Duce; The Fuel Junkie Mafia

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

Noob or not.  

I call that weapon, "friendo"

tumblr_mr1xp5Yc0I1sn8ziso1_500.gif

• MilezDawg likes this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Do not click the red button

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

The only thing you should know about it is that it's OP.

Yes, because a fully automatic shotgun shouldn't be very deadly at all. It should be about as powerful as the SNS pistol.

a fully automatic shotgun should be as strong as the other shotguns because its a shotgun. it uses the same rounds, so how does that make it weaker? damn game balancing sh*t 

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

The only thing you should know about it is that it's OP.

Yes, because a fully automatic shotgun shouldn't be very deadly at all. It should be about as powerful as the SNS pistol.

a fully automatic shotgun should be as strong as the other shotguns because its a shotgun. it uses the same rounds, so how does that make it weaker? damn game balancing sh*t 

I believe it's actually weaker per shot than the other shotguns. At least the sawed off does more damage per round. The thing is, the auto shotgun will kill you a fraction of a second later with the second shot if the first one doesn't kill you, which is exactly what automatic fire is for.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:20 PM

It didn't move, but the guy hopped out, so I shot him and three stars.

So i will once again have to see if the trucks spawn up tonight.

and here where the problem comes. when the passenger hop off, DO NOT shoot him. that'll trigger the wanted levels.

better to drop this one here;

things to do:

1. make sure you parked a car infront the vehicle so the truck won't move
  2. blast the grips at the back of the truck with your Shottie (silent'd or not) and make sure to fire at the middle between the two grips
  3. 2 shots should drop the money. first to trigger the "<username> attacked an Armored Vehicle" thing, 2nd to blast open the doors and cash will drop. avoid firing another shot now.

things NOT to do:

1. if the driver (or Passenger) hopped out, DO NOT shoot him! it'll trigger the stars!
  2. after the doors blast open; DO NOT shoot a 3rd shot! you may get a wanted level [UNCONFIRMED]
  3. if the truck is moving, avoid firing by any means necessary.
  4. do not use any weapons other than the shotguns. I'm not REALLY sure about other weapons (i.e AP Pistol, etc) and I believe its possible with other shotguns. I'm just not sure if other weapons do work. (well, of course the Stikies will work..........whatever)
  • ParanoiaX likes this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

This is TheMckeevers next of kin here. This thread has landed him in the hospital. Prepare for legal action.

mendo92
  • mendo92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

Silencer -> shotgun -> why?

• ParanoiaX and TheMckeever like this

Lord_Smasherton
  • Lord_Smasherton

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

Unfortunately it's the same lame-ass logic as modifying your vehicle in every way possible, despite it actually looking worse for it. These are the same mongs who loved G-Unit and everything 50 Cent up until 'EDM' became popular and suddenly they all love David Guetta, Avicii and Swedish House Mafia.

Watch out for old man wood, kids!

Lord_Smasherton
  • Lord_Smasherton

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

Assault shotgun is for un-skilled players.

That's fine, just tell me what gun you'd like me to use to kill you.
  • MilezDawg, DJ Kornphlake and UtterTehSEAL like this

-Red_October-
  • -Red_October-

Bi-Political

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

There is nothing wrong with suppressors on shotguns, they exist in real life, though they do not bring down the noise as much as GTA portrays. Most of my firearms are suppressed in game, unless the unsuppressed version sounds better, then I keep it off.

• ten-a-penny and UtterTehSEAL like this

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:38 AM

The other players are unskilled because you get in range of their shotgun?

• CenMan, MilezDawg and UtterTehSEAL like this

Kamilkaze13
  • Kamilkaze13

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:39 AM

I have on in mine, i have a silencer in almost all my guns.

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:22 AM Edited by bikerman3, 24 April 2014 - 08:23 AM.

i had something similar i was screwing around with the pistol.50 just shooting it in the air and this guy said my gun looked stupid with the extended magazine on it well im sorry i tried to take it off but it keeps coming back even when i re buy it after i drop the old on with the extended mag it comes back with the extended mag 

PatrickGTA5
  • PatrickGTA5

Kush King

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

That's fine, just tell me what gun you'd like me to use to kill you.
hah u can try kill me. Make you go into passive mode within 5min.

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

I had mine silenced for a while, but it didn't last long... it's just not as satisfying without the BOOOOOM! :D

• TheMckeever likes this

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

Use of the sh*t stick has been authorized

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

Gunplay on GTA takes no skill at all, free aim or auto. It's a very basic shooter, who cares what weapon you use to get kills, I don't. One of my best attributes is minding my own bussiness, not caring what others do, or say, or play. So if you enjoy a silenced auto shottie, by all means, enjoy the game the way you want to.
To many try hards around here trying to dictate how others play GTA
  • ParanoiaX, Malibu454 and plnkfloydian like this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:50 AM Edited by Malibu454, 24 April 2014 - 11:34 AM.

I only put a silencer on one of my pistols. I use it for popping the merryweather pilot and the oblitory shot to the head to help a friend remove a bounty off their head. :p Kinda pointless on anything else IMO..

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:55 AM Edited by TheMckeever, 24 April 2014 - 10:55 AM.

The other players are unskilled because you get in range of their shotgun?

Every good shooter I've met says the same, not just me that calls it the assualt sh*tgun, constantly get dumbasses n kids telling me to put them on my maps, each to there own.

• PatrickGTA5 likes this

bensons
  • bensons

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

I had mine silenced for a while, but it didn't last long... it's just not as satisfying without the BOOOOOM! :D

Yeah with the silencer it sounds like pinktee pinktee pinktee:)

• Lunantic likes this

plnkfloydian
  • plnkfloydian

|ATHF|

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

The auto shotgun is just about my fav weapon. The spread, power, sound...i think im going to have to boot up gta now
  • MilezDawg likes this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

I love posting this clip on every Assault shotgun thread. Here's why you shouldn't put a silencer on it. 

Ahh yes, gotta love the 60-70 rounds he gets out of one 32 round drum ..........

Winning001
  • Winning001

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

I love posting this clip on every Assault shotgun thread. Here's why you shouldn't put a silencer on it. 

Ahh yes, gotta love the 60-70 rounds he gets out of one 32 round drum ..........

just like every movie. Actor shoots random automatic gun- accuracy of a professional sniper and shoots 100 rounds. reloads once

CJXJ220
  • CJXJ220

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

things NOT to do:

1. do not use any weapons other than the shotguns. I'm not REALLY sure about other weapons (i.e AP Pistol, etc) and I believe its possible with other shotguns. I'm just not sure if other weapons do work. (well, of course the Stikies will work..........whatever)

I use the AP pistol all the time to shoot the doors open.  I'm sure the shotgun is more efficient but I don't usually carry one.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:07 PM Edited by The Angel King, 24 April 2014 - 06:07 PM.

just like every movie. Actor shoots random automatic gun- accuracy of a professional sniper and shoots 100 rounds. reloads once

Oh man.. I think this is the worst I have seen(as much as I love the movie and...)...or close to it.

500px-Underworld_pistols.jpg

Winning001
  • Winning001

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

Oh man.. I think this is the worst I have seen(as much as I love the movie and...)...or close to it.

500px-Underworld_pistols.jpg

also enemy or non important characters has the similar performing gun or a much better gun, cant hit a damn thing

• The Angel King likes this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

Oh ya. Thousands of rounds and not a single hit..... it was cool when I was a kid, now I'm just like..."damn they can't shoot for sh!t"....* new channel.

Winning001
  • Winning001

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

Oh ya. Thousands of rounds and not a single hit..... it was cool when I was a kid, now I'm just like..."damn they can't shoot for sh!t"....* new channel.

another fav is drive-bys. main character can shoot an auto pistol one handed out of a car while driving it- amazing sniper accuracy.
Try that IRL- cant hit a damn thing

CJXJ220
  • CJXJ220

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

also enemy or non important characters has the similar performing gun or a much better gun, cant hit a damn thing

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:16 PM Edited by CenMan, 24 April 2014 - 06:16 PM.

tumblr_lty3lvQPbt1qbbpaoo1_1280.png

edit: Ninja'd? Sort of.

• ten-a-penny, Miss Malevolent, The Angel King and 1 other like this

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

and here where the problem comes. when the passenger hop off, DO NOT shoot him. that'll trigger the wanted levels.
better to drop this one here;

things to do:

• make sure you parked a car infront the vehicle so the truck won't move
  • blast the grips at the back of the truck with your Shottie (silent'd or not) and make sure to fire at the middle between the two grips
  • 2 shots should drop the money. first to trigger the "<username> attacked an Armored Vehicle" thing, 2nd to blast open the doors and cash will drop. avoid firing another shot now.
things NOT to do:
  • if the driver (or Passenger) hopped out, DO NOT shoot him! it'll trigger the stars!
  • after the doors blast open; DO NOT shoot a 3rd shot! you may get a wanted level [UNCONFIRMED]
  • if the truck is moving, avoid firing by any means necessary.
  • do not use any weapons other than the shotguns. I'm not REALLY sure about other weapons (i.e AP Pistol, etc) and I believe its possible with other shotguns. I'm just not sure if other weapons do work. (well, of course the Stikies will work..........whatever)

I put a strike-through on the first one as I didn't need to park in front to stop the truck. I just wait til they get to a stop sign or red light most times.

So, it's true that you only need two shots to drop the money/get the RP AND avoid a wanted level all together.

You do not need a silenced shotty to do this as I accomplished this twice last night with an un-silenced autoshotty.

Both times the dude jumped out of the truck. Both times I avoided returning fire...no wanted stars.

• ten-a-penny and ParanoiaX like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users