Silencer on assault shotgun?

139 replies to this topic
Praz94
  • Praz94

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

I never normally put silencers on my shotgun.. But after killing some 12 year old today with my assault shotgun, he called me a noob for 'not even having a silencer' on it... I don't see why I would need to?

is there anything im missing here about the silencer on the assault shotty?

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

www.DamnedNation.net

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:56 PM Edited by AiraCobra, 22 April 2014 - 01:57 PM.

Nope but it does cut down on the power some though but very little.

I have it on mine because i use it to shoot open the doors on an amoured car and it takes a lot longer for the cops to come

• GrandTheftBatman and JoeMamma like this

doctorpanda
  • doctorpanda

I'm fully qualified, I swear.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

Uhm DUUUUUUH!   HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE A SILENCER ON IT?!

I have no idea, but I do have a silencer on mine...

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

It's because it costs money and it has to be unlocked...he's either calling you a "broke-ass", you know because you HAVE to buy everything that's purchase-able when it becomes available...or he's saying that you have to have everything immediately after unlocking as a sign of "swag status", to show off what you have...

...either is equally retarded
  • Schweppez, bensons, TG Snow White and 6 others like this

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

No.. a 12 year old said it, nothing secret about owning a silencer 

Praz94
  • Praz94

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

It's because it costs money and it has to be unlocked...he's either calling you a "broke-ass", you know because you HAVE to buy everything that's purchase-able when it becomes available...or he's saying that you have to have everything immediately after unlocking as a sign of "swag status", to show off what you have...

Oh right, and here I was questioning myself that I somehow became worse than a n00b

Uhm DUUUUUUH!   HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE A SILENCER ON IT?!

I have no idea, but I do have a silencer on mine...

I might just get one, I have noticed that most people I come across with the assault shotgun do have a silencer on... which kinda confuses me 

Nope but it does cut down on the power some though but very little.

I have it on mine because i use it to shoot open the doors on an amoured car and it takes a lot longer for the cops to come

Winning001
  • Winning001

The CG is too damn high!

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:02 PM Edited by Winning001, 22 April 2014 - 02:02 PM.

Suppressors on shotguns wouldn't work too well or do not work at all
R* claims this game is realistic

all those dumb players who strap every attachment on every gun. Their guns look horrid, especially the scope on the carbine rifle
  • Cake* Games likes this

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

is there proof that this is true? how much is the time difference in cops response?

Vehicles
  • Vehicles

Internet from hell.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

You are going to listen to what a 12 years old said?No,silencer has lost its' usefulness after R* implemented the see and show on radar thing in dms.Even if R* changes the dm system you would still go up close to shoot an enemy.

Praz94
  • Praz94

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

Oh right okay just wondering... 

all those dumb players who strap every attachment on every gun. Their guns look horrid, especially the scope on the carbine rifle

Couldn't agree more, I could have swore that I saw some kid with every attachment on a pistol and shotgun and it looked horrendous. of course the chose tint of both was Pink too -_-

• Cake* Games likes this

Winning001
  • Winning001

The CG is too damn high!

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:10 PM Edited by Winning001, 22 April 2014 - 02:10 PM.

Oh right okay just wondering... 

Couldn't agree more, I could have swore that I saw some kid with every attachment on a pistol and shotgun and it looked horrendous. of course the chose tint of both was Pink too -_-
or mustard yellow
  • Cake* Games likes this

lew3112
  • lew3112

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

Oh god, get ready for TheMcKeever to call you out for using the assault shotty.

I have the silencer because I like the sort of squeaking noise it makes.

• Schweppez, MilezDawg, Governator and 3 others like this

PoopyThomas
  • PoopyThomas

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

I have a silencer so my shots on an armoured truck door don't get me wanted stars.

-Velox
  • -Velox

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:24 PM Edited by Ibareny, 22 April 2014 - 02:25 PM.

Some shotgun can be equipped with modified suppressor.. You just can't get a pistol suppressor and add it to an assault rifle, all guns category have their own suppressor.

TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

eyy

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

You should be called out for using the assault shotgun itself.
n00b

• Reemer and Cake* Games like this

Mishimotsu
  • Mishimotsu

I am the Walrus!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:28 PM Edited by Mishimotsu, 22 April 2014 - 02:29 PM.

I've taken suppressors off pretty much every gun, they make the guns sound puny (especially on the shotgun) and as far as I could work out they pretty much did nothing except for weaken the gun… They have use in deathmatch obviously, but seeing how I rarely deathmatch I ain't bothered.

• NikkoCharger likes this

Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

≧◔◡◔≦

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

Because its swag. I have a silencer on almost all of my guns.

• UtterTehSEAL likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

its useful in DMs. also I'm in love with the sound with the supressor :inlove:

• MysterBeefy and rickreim like this

DiveGummi
  • DiveGummi

Cookie

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:29 PM Edited by DiveGummi, 22 April 2014 - 02:30 PM.

Happened to me the other day, player came into my garage and looked at my cars... Messages me "no black and yellow plates, noob"
  • lilmoonpie likes this

Praz94
  • Praz94

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

Happened to me the other day, player came into my garage and looked at my car... Messages me "no black and yellow plates, noob"

lmfao thats hilarious  :lol:

I've taken suppressors off pretty much every gun, they make the guns sound puny (especially on the shotgun) and as far as I could work out they pretty much did nothing except for weaken the gun… They have use in deathmatch obviously, but seeing how I rarely deathmatch I ain't bothered.

Does it improve the recoil in the game? I know it would IRL but this is a game so.. Not sure :/ 

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

I don't have silencers or flash lights on anything.

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

I own silencers for all my weapons, but only a few selected weapons have it installed.  Doesn't do much except lessen the killing power, and cops still come out of nowhere.  

Sometimes in SP I can kill with a silencer without cops showing up, but they always seem to show up in GTAO.

DrDetroit

Happened to me the other day, player came into my garage and looked at my car... Messages me "no black and yellow plates, noob"

lmfao thats hilarious  :lol:

Does it improve the recoil in the game? I know it would IRL but this is a game so.. Not sure :/

IRL it only reduces recoil because to make a suppressor work you have to reduce the velocity of the round coming out of the barrel.  If the round comes out of the gun at or above supersonic speed (1125 FPS), it will make a very loud rapport, because the bullet is breaking the sound barrier.  

Most suppressed weapons, IRL, have less powder in each round to keep the round sub-sonic.  Hence, reducing the effective range and stopping power of the round itself.

DrDetroit

• sebcreed likes this

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

Nah, I like to deafen my enemies before I kill them. :devil:

• TheMckeever likes this

Pirate3388
  • Pirate3388

Sofa King Great

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

People think if you dont use something you are poor or lower than them. I dont use the silencer on mine cause it sounds sweet in my head set. Its the same with tanks. I call someone a homo for using a tank and they call me broke and Im mad I can get one. PLEASE!!! I was here for the big money days. I bought ever extra vehicle the day before they took the money from us. So use what you want and enjoy
  • Jeff Nesteruk likes this

Vehicles
  • Vehicles

Internet from hell.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

Nah, I like to deafen my enemies before I kill them. :devil:

What's better to deafen your enemy than a golf club to the head.
  • Jeff Nesteruk likes this

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

i keep the auto shotty without a silencer, it makes a difference since it's effective on a longer range, and you have to have your enemies hear its sound. it meant to deliver a message, part of the beauty is making sure everyone knows you have 32 shells ready to tear through anything.

RossCA
  • RossCA

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

That kid is probably in awe over chrome adders with a lime green secondary. lol

• Cake* Games likes this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

I go through phases. Maybe one week I feel like silenced weapons. Another week I feel like having no silencers. This week I am playing with no silencers. I don't like silencers on shotguns, but the assault shotty sounds bad ass with it.

shadyelf
  • shadyelf

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

some people like the sound I guess.

LogScottWood
  • LogScottWood

The People's Favourite

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

Unfortunately it's the same lame-ass logic as modifying your vehicle in every way possible, despite it actually looking worse for it. These are the same mongs who loved G-Unit and everything 50 Cent up until 'EDM' became popular and suddenly they all love David Guetta, Avicii and Swedish House Mafia.

• Ermacs, Magick, MajorWhytey and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users