Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is there a way to transfer a car to another character?

13 replies to this topic
The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

The only thing that's keeping me from deleting my alt  character is the fact that I have the Capone Car in that player's garage..if I were able to transfer it over to my main character, I'd have no problems deleting that character.

I heard they patched the glitch you could use with the Cargo Bob and a friend, but is there any ways to do this?

tails_prower_2040
  • tails_prower_2040

Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

I don't believe there is.

A friend and I recently tried to swap a car from his main character's garage to the other one,
he brought the car out he wanted to move and I stood beside it and he swapped characters and
I invited him back to the session but his car was locked and unable to access it.

The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

I don't believe there is.

A friend and I recently tried to swap a car from his main character's garage to the other one,
he brought the car out he wanted to move and I stood beside it and he swapped characters and
I invited him back to the session but his car was locked and unable to access it.

How about just getting the Capone Car in my garage for my main character then?

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

^ One of the Single to Multi player glitches still works I'm sure.

Lag switch method probably.

zlucky55
  • zlucky55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

The only thing that's keeping me from deleting my alt  character is the fact that I have the Capone Car in that player's garage..if I were able to transfer it over to my main character, I'd have no problems deleting that character.

I heard they patched the glitch you could use with the Cargo Bob and a friend, but is there any ways to do this?

Try this http://www.se7ensins...-5#post-8695872

This shows how to duplicate your cars over to the second character. Timing is important to this method, and this is solo.

The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

This shows how to duplicate your cars over to the second character. Timing is important to this method, and this is solo.

Good find but will it replace my main character's cars or just be added to the empty spots? I have a few expensive cars on my first account..

ManInBlack
  • ManInBlack

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:21 PM Edited by ManInBlack, 22 April 2014 - 04:21 PM.

i wouldnt delete your second character, there is a bug where it deletes all your pegasus vehicles on your first character when you delete your second 

• The_Mossberg500 likes this

The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

i wouldnt delete your second character, there is a bug where it deletes all your pegasus vehicles on your first character when you delete your second 

Thanks for the heads up man. I'd imagine the other character slots are for massive DLC that's going to be released on a different map or storyline (least thats what I've always thought). I don't know why it's so hard for them to just allow people to edit their characters or swap cars from characters.

zlucky55
  • zlucky55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

Good find but will it replace my main character's cars or just be added to the empty spots? I have a few expensive cars on my first account..

It will copy all your main character's cars to the second character permanently. Your main character does not lose any car. Just maker sure if you decide to sell one of this duplicated car from the second character, you change the color of the car, go outside LSC, and than drive back in and sell. it states this in the Se7ensins post.

ManInBlack
  • ManInBlack

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for the heads up man. I'd imagine the other character slots are for massive DLC that's going to be released on a different map or storyline (least thats what I've always thought). I don't know why it's so hard for them to just allow people to edit their characters or swap cars from characters.

no doubt...happened to me, lost my tank, buzzard, everything

zlucky55
  • zlucky55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

Nice, Thanks for the heads up, I did not know this, But now will makes sure not to do this.

buddy23
  • buddy23

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:15 AM Edited by buddy23, 23 April 2014 - 06:15 AM.

Get your friend to sticky bomb you as you drive the car out of your garage. When you get blown up you need to dashboard. This will dupe the car across the street and It will be unlocked. Get your friend to invite you back with your other character. Glitch the car in to your garage.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:28 PM Edited by blk95ta, 23 April 2014 - 01:02 PM.

Easy 2 person method for duping premium cars from 1 character to the other.

Take car you want moved to LSC with your friend in it. When the LSC door opens, press select to bring up menu and drive into LSC. Now you're in LSC but can move around. Get out of the car and have your friend stay in it. Leave LSC and change characters. Have your friend invite you back. When you get back into the game, get into a car in your garage you want to replace and drive it to LSC and go in using the select menu and get the original character's car from your friend. Drive your original character's car back to your garage and it will now be parked in the slot that the car you took to LSC was in. I don't believe your friend needs to stay in LSC after you get the original car from him as long as he leaves your pv in LSC.

If you don't have a car in the slot you want to bring the first car into, buy a rusty rebel for $3k and then call the mechanic to deliver it and then take that to LSC. That way you can sell the car later if you choose. If the car is premium i believe it must replace a purchased vehicle if you want to sell it. This method allows you to swap premium cars between characters as i did it last week with a jb700. Tbere's no special trick required to store the premium cars. You drive it in like normal. This won't dupe cars between different players but will dupe cars between character slots. I hope R* doesn't patch this before high life as i have 4 non premium cars on char 2 that i plan to bring to char 1 once i can get more garage space. I decided to swap a hearse from my first garage to my second so i could store the premium jb700 since it's more likely they fix the premium store glitch and i figure i can either use this method to bring it back later or at least use the hearse to spawn a fresh one i could have someone hold for me.

gtarmanrob
  • gtarmanrob

Aussie Made

• Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:46 AM Edited by gtarmanrob, 24 April 2014 - 04:46 AM.

havent tested this myself lately, but this is how it used to work. get in the car, and have a friend in there for invite only. have your mate pin you against a wall so the character cant exit the vehicle. leave the game, and have your friend re-invite you as your other character, the one you want to car to go to.

once your other character has spawned, go over to the car and kill the dude inside it (should be a dupe toon of your other character) and take the car, drive it home.

this used to work because the cars are all attached the same account, so its not necessarily duping it, only you can take it. the game recognises your ownership, just so happens its your other character storing it.

feel free to try, although this may have been fixed now. definitely worked in the past.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users