19 replies to this topic
OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:06 AM

gCOBAJB.png

Anyone else surprised not just how good this station is but when playing it and cruising around with it on how it gives the game that GTA-'feeling'. It gives me that same 'feeling' i got from playing San Andreas and GTAIV and missed when i first played GTAV. 

I actually thought prior to the release of GTAV i was going to be a FlyLo FM and Non Stop Pop fan but i have Space on pretty much all the time now. (For the record as well, im not trashing any of the stations, they all have good songs on them and i enjoy them all.)

Anyone else feel the same or maybe surprised how much they are enjoying a different station they initially thought they wouldn't be into?  :music:

• Startug likes this

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

The Lowdown 9.91 for sure. The only channels I could bear before I started listening to that was Rebel Radio and LS Rock Radio. Love driving around Vinewood Hills and Blaine County while blasting Convoy or Cruisin'.

MikeyDLuffy
  • MikeyDLuffy

Cucamonga Cracker Killaz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:02 AM Edited by MikeyDLuffy, 22 April 2014 - 10:02 AM.

Space has a few cheesy tracks which I think adds to the charm. My top station is Mirror Park followed by Soulwax. Two stations I can listen to from beginning to end. I listen to bits of all the stations if playing for a few hours, in keeping with what I think the protags would prefer listening to.

• fac316 likes this

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

There's only two songs I listen on that channel, otherwise it's LSRR or Rebel radio.

Skeletons in the closet are partying all the time!

fac316
  • fac316

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

I love the pink floyd refrence, but the station kinda sucked.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

It's one of the few stations that feels like it has a set tone, like The Low Down, Rebel Radio, you tune in, you know what you're getting, unlike the others which bounce all over the place genre wise, the downside is that like The Low Down and Rebel Radio, it's one of the fewest tracklisting stations in the game, that group only have around 11 to 12 tracks each.
  • OmegaEvolution likes this

ABCDOGGY ginette
  • ABCDOGGY ginette

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:41 PM Edited by ABCDOGGY ginette, 22 April 2014 - 05:43 PM.

In San Andreas I loved Bounce FM so much, and when Rockstar told us we were returning to Los Santos for GTA V, I was really anticipating crusin down the freeway bumpin some funk!

I don't know but, to me, Space 103.2 doesn't feel funky enough. It's like a different type of funk. Don't get me wrong, the station is really good, but it just doesn't have that magic that Bounce FM has.

The majority of the songs are good, such as:

I'm In Love

Haboglabotribin'

Tonight

You're the One for Me

Heartbreaker

Can't Hold Back (Your Loving)

Cutie Pie

I'd Rather Be With You

Funkasize You

But these ruin the station for me:

Give It To Me Baby

Party All The Time

Heartbeat

Skeletons

CP27
  • CP27

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

Personally I hate that station. Can't stand it. Only songs I like on it are Party all the Time and Skeletons.

My favorite stations are Los Santos Rock Radio, Radio Mirror Park, and The Lowdown.

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

Funk is...uh.

Makin' somethin' out of nothin'

EpicPonyMuffins
  • EpicPonyMuffins

Every now and then I fall.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Gives an 80's feel.

• Startug likes this

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:23 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 22 April 2014 - 07:24 PM.

The only song in V I actually "like". The rest are just not annoying. Like with Soulwax, I was expecting an awesome station with the type of music that gets you all hyped and sh*t. We had a few seconds of one of the songs before release, I thought the whole station was gonna be beast. Nope. It's just lots of random repetitive noises.I can hardly stand them. LAME. Talk sh*t about EA all you want but at least they can put together good soundtracks!

Conwin
  • Conwin

...because all America loves a cowboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:50 PM

It's a great station, but I like most of them on V.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:03 AM

Love this station and Bootsy Collins does a great job. The funk and soul stations with Bootsy and Pam Grier are two of my favorites.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

Soulwax and FlyLo FTW

• Vec likes this

ItsNavin
  • ItsNavin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

It's a great station, but I like most of them on V.

I sat here for like minutes staring at your profile picture. That's pretty damn beast if it is real.

• PlayboiX™ likes this

cartman_101
  • cartman_101

GTA V!!!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

I hope they add a classical music station as DLC or something, I miss slowly driving around in a black sentitle, crash into somebody, come out of my car fully suited up, slick hair back and cap some fool in the head with a silenced pistol. Ahh those were the days.

OT: Space and Lowdown are two of the best stations in the game, and I hope more tracks are added in the future, but that seems unlikely with R* constantly focused on fixing exploits and glitches in GTAO.

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

It's one of the few stations that feels like it has a set tone

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Too many stations in the game feel like they are trying to merge genres into an edgy fusion station, whereas the stations that keep it simple and stick to their respective genre just work as a station you would expect to hear in a GrandTheftAuto game.

IanE55
  • IanE55

It's a kind of magic.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

Party all the time, party all the time, party all the time!

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

gCOBAJB.png

Anyone else surprised not just how good this station is but when playing it and cruising around with it on how it gives the game that GTA-'feeling'. It gives me that same 'feeling' i got from playing San Andreas and GTAIV and missed when i first played GTAV. 

I actually thought prior to the release of GTAV i was going to be a FlyLo FM and Non Stop Pop fan but i have Space on pretty much all the time now. (For the record as well, im not trashing any of the stations, they all have good songs on them and i enjoy them all.)

Anyone else feel the same or maybe surprised how much they are enjoying a different station they initially thought they wouldn't be into?  :music:

Pretty much the only station I listen to besides WCC (I grew up listening to artists on both stations...) NSP is also good (some of the songs remind me of my ex, cuz she obsessed over a few of those songs that are on there...) and RLS is starting to grow on me (Life of a Mack specifically, its has that old school feel; Like Ghetto Jam by Domino)

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:00 AM Edited by Tilemaxx, 24 April 2014 - 04:05 AM.

Suprisingly, Worldwide FM gave me the same "old-GTA" feeling too. I was more into FlyLo and Rock Radio guy, but later i started to appreciate WW and Space more and more as time went by.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users