We really need player debt...

138 replies to this topic
Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:08 AM

Or simple twist on that - if you're in negative balance after destroying someone's vehicle, as soon as you miss a payment for the utilities, you cannot access your apartment (until debt paid) - and if you miss a mechanic payment, your entire garage is unavailable (until debt paid). Either way, the party who had their car destroyed doesn't have to pay the bill - the debt is the attackers to carry.

If there's no consequences for people being griefing dicks, it's not going to improve for the rest of us in game world.

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:41 AM

If there's no consequences for people being griefing dicks, it's not going to improve for the rest of us in game world.

Exactly that. The session I was just in had a whole crew of them - high level, no cash, passive-mode abusing turds. Fairplay to them - nicely tactical - while you're fighting one another just passive modes up behind you etc, and that's their style, no problem - I shouldn't have to pay 12k for the Z-Type that they blew up as I spawned from a race though!

In-fact, there's a simpler solution - those players are always fully kitted up with ammo, why not take the cost from that? Start with most expensive first so rockets, stickies etc... That way they can only grief for so long too...

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

Or simple twist on that - if you're in negative balance after destroying someone's vehicle, as soon as you miss a payment for the utilities, you cannot access your apartment (until debt paid) - and if you miss a mechanic payment, your entire garage is unavailable (until debt paid). Either way, the party who had their car destroyed doesn't have to pay the bill - the debt is the attackers to carry.

How many people are going to go around broke on both characters just to get out of paying for PV destruction? Not many I think, no mechanic, no apartment, doesn't sound like much fun.

Myu
  • Myu

=^● ⋏ ●^=

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:12 AM

I'm kind of a dick and never use my PV. I just make my friends use theirs since they have money or I just hoof it.

Imagine tho lonesharks coming and beating up players in debt. Like leave them incapacitated on floor but can still shoot or have them walking around woozy like the way you do when you're drunk lol

• Jimrod likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

I can agree with this. Everyone pays a flat rate for dying. $500 bucks is it? Just make PV payments the same for everyone and be done with it.

Pretty much my take on it.  Just make it a flat rate and forget about it.

As it stand people will target expensive insured cars just to make you pay OR people use expensive cars as shields.

Either way.. Insurance is bullsh*t.  And people wanting others to PAY PAY PAY.. OMG PAY! need to seriously look at the bigger picture and stop being such a bitch about it.

I'm kind of a dick and never use my PV. I just make my friends use theirs since they have money or I just hoof it.

Imagine tho lonesharks coming and beating up players in debt. Like leave them incapacitated on floor but can still shoot or have them walking around woozy like the way you do when you're drunk lol

Loan sharks?  I don't get this... In order for a loan shark to come collect you would have had to have taken a LOAN.

There is no loaning going on here...    If anything this would fall under a bullsh*t legal matter.  And if you haven't noticed. we are all criminals.

Maybe they could send some more cops  :D.

I think there should be a consequence for people bitching non stop about public free roam..  Maybe lock them to SOLO/INVITE only.  Maybe they will learn that if you can't deal with it, don't play in publicc games...  :D

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

I think there should be a consequence for people bitching non stop about public free roam..  Maybe lock them to SOLO/INVITE only.  Maybe they will learn that if you can't deal with it, don't play in publicc games...  :D

You're still missing the point entirely. No-one is moaning about having their cars blown up in free roam, that's fine, part of the game. We are unhappy with the abuse of the already bad insurance mechanic by griefers purposely exploiting the system by holding cash on a second character - that's not how the system is supposed to work. It's an exploit. If insurance is staying and Rockstar can't fix the exploit I was merely suggesting an alternate system - if we must pay then the right person should always be the one who does so. No-one likes or wants the insurance system but Rockstar loves a money sink = more potential cash card sales.

Get it? Blow up my car by all means - but if anyone HAS to pay it should be you, as it would be me if I did the same to you. The system is being exploited because it's a messy system, players going into debt rather than charging the victim would be better than we have, if not perfect, and could add interesting elements to the game.
  • Lunantic likes this

tfroam
  • tfroam

FunnyAyit

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Players in debt should get chased by Madrazo's men like when Michael and Trevor got into exile after *Spoiler* they kidnapped his wife. 

• Lunantic and Jimrod like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:12 AM

I think there should be a consequence for people bitching non stop about public free roam..  Maybe lock them to SOLO/INVITE only.  Maybe they will learn that if you can't deal with it, don't play in publicc games...   :D

You're still missing the point entirely. No-one is moaning about having their cars blown up in free roam, that's fine, part of the game. We are unhappy with the abuse of the already bad insurance mechanic by griefers purposely exploiting the system by holding cash on a second character - that's not how the system is supposed to work. 

I get the point.. I just don't make it complicated or weird by suggesting players go into debt, loose cars, get locked out apartments and have loan sharks chase them.

Insurance should be changed, balanced or removed.  Not have more penalties added.  

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:01 AM

We're not saying that people should be stopped from being aggressive or prevented from blowing sh*t up... we all love blowing sh*t up!

We just want consequences for peoples actions - if you've got the money to burn, then blow up as many cars as ya fancy, we all risk our wheels when we take them out in free roam, that's part of the game. Just don't ask ME to pay several thousand dollars because YOU exploited a game mechanic and shifted your money around to get out of paying.

I've got NO issue with you shooting at me or trying to blow my car up, if I take it out in free roam, I'm taking that risk. I just want you to pay for it if you do.

The way things are just now, I don't want to take my nice cars out in freeroam, because 90% of the time when someone comes and blows me up, it's me footing the bill. I've got some cash to spare, but it just grinds my gears that it's costing me, so I find myself more and more in invite only with friends, so I can enjoy my cars without watching my bank balance plummet.

• Jimrod likes this

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

I think the best solution for player dept is when they go into -$50,000 dept, place them into the bad sport lobby until they can pay it off. Then add an extra two or three days afterwords. 

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:45 AM

I agree in Debt method. When it goes minus and they have no more ammo, they have to work their asses off selling cars to LSC and Simeon. 

Additionally, Rockstar should take remove "wallet & bank" crap system and just make it like in SP. Every money goes directly to bank and it will be easier for the Debt system to go.

• Lunantic and Myu like this

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:52 AM

I agree in Debt method. When it goes minus and they have no more ammo, they have to work their asses off selling cars to LSC and Simeon. 

Additionally, Rockstar should take remove "wallet & bank" crap system and just make it like in SP. Every money goes directly to bank and it will be easier for the Debt system to go.

Most sensible thing I've read in ages :D

We don't want to stop people being free to have fun in free roam, just can't have it totally free and easy, or it just becomes a map wide permanent death match.

I feel the point of freeroam is that a little bit of everything is going on, and it's all random. Couple of guys robbing stores, someone chasing down a car for Simeon, other couple of guys chasing someone on the highway, someone having a shoot-out... all in the same shared space.

If there were no consequences, financial or otherwise, for just being perma-aggressive and a dick, it would just become utter chaos (and not the good kind).

I like how bombs etc are not cheap, and refilling with ammo can be quite expensive... it makes you more selective about using it, which helps things be a little more balanced and not just full on war 24/7. If you've earned (or bought) the money to be able to afford to go on extravagant killing/destruction sprees.... then go ahead and ENJOY! :D

kadajacs
  • kadajacs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

Completely agree with lunantic. If ppl wanna try to blow my car up then i accept the challenge. What i dont accept is when ppl purposely weasel their way out of the consequences. If you can afford to go on killing sprees then good for you. I personally like to spend my money on modding cars, not paying for your destruction. I however dont agree with getting bad sport for killing pvs as it is part of the game. Paying insurance is punishment enough. Bad sport should be for things like glitching and killing passive players.
  • Lunantic and Jimrod like this

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

It's so easily sorted.

If they don't have the cash in their character or bank they go into red negative numbers. Can't buy guns or ammo, call pegasus or anything that costs money. If it lasts more than one day, and you leave your garage in a PV it appears on the map. Any player can kill you and take the car to the police impound for a cut of the fee. You have 1 day to repay the debt or the car is lost.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:21 AM Edited by Vooodu, 25 April 2014 - 03:29 AM.

It's so easily sorted.

If they don't have the cash in their character or bank they go into red negative numbers. Can't buy guns or ammo, call pegasus or anything that costs money. If it lasts more than one day, and you leave your garage in a PV it appears on the map. Any player can kill you and take the car to the police impound for a cut of the fee. You have 1 day to repay the debt or the car is lost.

You guys do know the major problem here is insurance.  And complaining about what others should "PAY" is pretty bonkers.  "Like hey man, i don't care if you kill me.. just don't hurt the ride".     :blink:

I weazel my way out of paying all the time when i stash all my cash on an alt.  I don't go out or my way to blow up PVs. But if i make a night of public free roam damn right im going in broke?  Why not?      Its a money suck pit..

Now.. the joys of having no cash when strictly playing free roam are very good.  Not only do you not have to pay insurance but you also don't have to keep paying stupid ass hospital bills when you die. Its a win/win no matter how you spin it.   You also waste less ammo while saving more cash.

Also... if anyone ever gets bored. Stash your cash on a alt and play Free Roam for 30 mins with 10k while being friendly to everyone..   They will probably kill on sight, but just watch that 10k dry up like nothing.

• Jimrod likes this

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:33 AM Edited by Tabula Rasa, 25 April 2014 - 03:45 AM.

lmao debt

I just spent 100 dollars on cash cards and all I got was less debt.

Oops I just blew up an Adder, there goes that eCola I was saving up for.

As far as cash stashing and poor people go, there needs to be fixes so that either

A) Not paying full pv bills results in the older, more accelerated path to the bad sport lobby there fore reinforcing the general premise of its illegality 

B) Money is withdrawn from wherever it resides, whichever character that is. 

C) A combination of both..?

It needs something though.

If people are completely avoiding paying customary insurance bills than something is wrong with that system.

Cue Sex Pistols, and the lets get rid of insurance rioters. :panic:

• GrandTheftBatman and Jimrod like this

MOA WINGS
  • MOA WINGS

DIY Vehicle Mechanic

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:36 AM

We do, I hate when people go and tell me that my chrome is not in ~their~ taste and that it has to go cause their eyes couldn't revert from my glorious chrome Badder.

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:49 AM

I'd actually enjoy being in debt. I'm getting bored of having 4 mil

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:52 AM

Insurance is retarded and you need to be smarter in public free roam.

You sound like you need to be smarter in real life.

How exactly should I "be smarter" anyway - please give your amazing advice to a simple idiot such as myself. I finished racing Cutting Coroners and spawned back into the game in my car, as the game was loading up the other gentleman, lets call him "Bobby Dipsh*t" approached my car on his motorbike, shooting his AP Pistol at me, I died before I could do anything and then before I respawned he'd blown up my car. How could I have played this better? I did proceed to have a gunfight with him before he left the game about a minute later but either way I've got no way to get my money back off of him - even if I blew up his bike I'd still pay the bill because I don't hide all my money on a second character. Even if I did he wouldn't pay, that's why I suggest debt as a good option. Him losing guns, cars, clothes, whatever until the debt is repaid. It would actually improve the game as there would be consequences for your actions. 

I liked your post for Bobby Dipsh*t. I decree from henceforth that all PV trolls be dubbed Bobby Dipsh*ts.

• Jimrod likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users