Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Speculation] 'High Life' DLC Released Tomorrow?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic
Alarming
  • Alarming

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

I'm trying to remember the last major hit game released that had any major dlc within 8 months.

Any help? And I mean award winning , game of the year type thing on consoles.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

I'm trying to remember the last major hit game released that had any major dlc within 8 months.

Ride To Hell: Retribution

Arazern
  • Arazern

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

ill speculate it will be tomorrow everyday in the next 30 days...

one day ill be right

• I.C.U.P. likes this

line of chop
  • line of chop

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:51 PM Edited by line of chop, 22 April 2014 - 04:51 PM.

Red dead redemption got undead nightmare within 8 months.

• Dementious and Daniel123Shaw123 like this

Realz
  • Realz

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

I freaking hate rockstar they take so long, the game is getting boring they better release the dlc next week

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

I freaking hate rockstar they take so long, the game is getting boring they better release the dlc next week

Does R* owe you anything? No.

Has R* done more in these months than every other developer around? Yes.

Is it R*'s fault you have nothing to do? No.

Have you acquired everything there is to gain in this game; weapon tints, platinum medals, etc? Probably not.
Are you an entitled prat? Yes.

• abnorm, Aaron030792, xRoyalFlush and 2 others like this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

Are you somehow referring to the updates we have gotten or the High Life update as "major DLC"????

The piddly updates are nowhere near the ranks of that

What have they done, exactly?  Release some crap that they probably cut from the game in the first place?  Fix their own mistakes?

'Cause, you know, when I make a mistake at work and have to fix it, I'm apparently doing so much and working my ass off, huh?

• PeinNegato and HaykArs like this

Frontality
  • Frontality

HOONICORN Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

The reason everyone was expecting it to be released today was that first of all they always release their updates on a Tuesday, second they almost always release them on national holidays, and also they've been promising this update since they released the game.

• I.C.U.P. likes this

Sushi__Wolf
  • Sushi__Wolf

Loves raw fish! More then he loves your mother...

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

No one gives a Fk anymore... Go play a new game and get the fk over it....
  • I.C.U.P. likes this

line of chop
  • line of chop

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

The reason everyone was expecting it to be released today was that first of all they always release their updates on a Tuesday, second they almost always release them on national holidays, and also they've been promising this update since they released the game.

No they haven't, heists they did but not the High life update.

CrusherTroi
  • CrusherTroi

BMW Fan

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

Man this community needs to learn some patience.
  • abnorm and rickreim like this

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

I prefer not knowing when it's going to be released. I like the element of surprise. :)

• I.C.U.P. likes this

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

TLOU got Left Behind in Ferbuary and was released in June, 9 months

The Real SpitKing
  • The Real SpitKing

Higher than You

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

I wish this free DLC would hurry up and get here so we can start complaining about how crappy it is and can move on to whining about when the next free DLC comes out, which im sure will be equally as crappy.

GTAF Logic
  • Gunslinger_GK, Alarming, RedStripe333 and 1 other like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

What have they done, exactly?  Release some crap that they probably cut from the game in the first place?  Fix their own mistakes?

'Cause, you know, when I make a mistake at work and have to fix it, I'm apparently doing so much and working my ass off, huh?

Name me one company that is doing more than they are as of now with their newest games...

Infinity Ward & COD:G?

DICE & BF4?
Ubisoft & ACIV?

Naughty Dog & TLOU?

f*ck no.

Also, if you think most companies fix their own mistakes & game breaking issues, WB Montreal & Batman Arkham Origins would like a word with you.

Alarming
  • Alarming

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

Are you somehow referring to the updates we have gotten or the High Life update as "major DLC"????
The piddly updates are nowhere near the ranks of that
?

Well the next game changing update will be heists so I'm saying that.

As others have posted, it's taken 8 or 9 months for the other big hit games to release any major dlc. Most have released minor updates, TLOU even released paid multiplayer dlc updates and the sewer pack.

My point is I'm sick of ppl saying Rockstar should be doing stuff sooner since no one else does

dvntsvnt
  • dvntsvnt

gg, no re

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

Tomorrow is never promised.

Q_Man
  • Q_Man

Master of SHAQ-FU

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:43 PM Edited by Q_Man, 22 April 2014 - 05:47 PM.

I Don't consider any of the bs they released as real dlc. Need my heist bro. Borderlands 2 dlc > GTA 5 65mb max dlc. They've been doing more to stop us from stealing there make believe money than giving physical content

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

This forum has really gone to sh*t now that everyone slurps Rockstar.

Remember how angry and enraged people were that heists weren't released by the end of October? 

Now everyone is like "Guys, guys, relax, patience. It's only been 6 months since they promised heists."

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

I only started playing GTAO regularly a couple of months ago, so yeah I guess I do fall into the 'good things come to those who wait' group. :lol:

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

Name me one company that is doing more than they are as of now with their newest games...

Infinity Ward & COD:G?

DICE & BF4?
Ubisoft & ACIV?

Naughty Dog & TLOU?

f*ck no.

Also, if you think most companies fix their own mistakes & game breaking issues, WB Montreal & Batman Arkham Origins would like a word with you.

Right, Rockstar is totally looking out for us, they're so nice...I'm sure it has nothing to do with the EMBARASSMENT that they've had so far as a top game franchise and the quickest-selling and biggest-selling game of all-time

They HAVE to fix GTA Online and have it populated or they will have a massive failure on their hands...those other companies don't have even a fraction of as much to lose as Rockstar does here

sD_Killer
  • sD_Killer

Wanna get high?

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:44 PM Edited by sD_Killer, 22 April 2014 - 06:44 PM.

I cant believe they didn't release the high life update on 4/20 what a missed opportunity...

i even got a big bag of weed and was all stoked for it. 

• Daniel123Shaw123 likes this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:45 PM Edited by fish61324, 22 April 2014 - 06:46 PM.

I don't have to research to figure out the answer to your question, because there is a MAJOR flaw with your post....

R* said that heists would be released soon after GTA Online came out back in October.  Now I realize saying "soon" could mean anything.... but I don't consider over half a year later to be "soon".

AND

R* also said (several months ago) that heists would be released in the FIRST QUARTER of 2014. Well, the first Quarter ended on March 31st.

So you see, right there is the problem with your post. It isn't so much that R* is taking forever to relase major DLC... it's that they keep saying they are going to release it and then they don't. 

THAT is the problem.  Please use your brain before you post and make yourself look like an idiot :)

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

R* said that heists would be released soon after GTA Online came out back in October.

We should have learned when R* said more info about GTA V was coming soon, what was it? like a year 'or so' ? :p

AGiganticLlama
  • AGiganticLlama

Huge Llama Destruction!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

Left their fanbase in the dark? They're one of the few companies that provides frequent DLC that's FREE on a 7-MILE map where you can do things such as skydiving, boating, driving, flying and plenty of other things, but they're leaving a fanbase in the dark because they're working hard to fix exploits and work on MORE FREE DLC?

Funny, you kids and this "Rockstar is so good to us, they give us free stuff" bullsh*t...

They add a few items in MANDATORY UPDATES

The mandatory updates where they also change things in the game

They "work hard" to fix exploits so people don't quit playing because of cheaters, and so that cheaters don't take over the game

The more people that play, the better the experience, the more people get competitive...and the more people buy Shark Cards

The items added in updates are not given to us, no, you have to play and/or pay to get them in the game, leading to more people playing, blah-blah, and more Shark Cards

So think about that when you're sucking Rockstar's asshole
I'll probably think about more how the GTA community is made up of unappreciative assholes that expect Rockstar to develop their dream game and more

lol maybe you'll realize it's not easy to keep patching glitches and to roll out content, but maybe to you it is since you haven't graduated middle school yet

Hmmm, patching glitches, well that would be NORMAL and EXPECTED to fix so that people keep playing...ALL GAMES RELEASE PATCHES THAT FIX GLITCHES, some even years after release

They "roll out" (which is funny since a few guns and a few new cars in 6-7 months is hardly a roll-out) content SO YOU KEEP PLAYING THE GAME, AND BUYING whatever it is that is new, and Shark Cards to afford it when your game currency is too low and you JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW!!!

How hard, really, is that to understand???
You're in elementary school if you think that Rockstar is fixing glitches and putting out a little bit of new sh*t just to be nice to us because they're a bunch of cool guys

lol mad and incorrect
mission accomplished marines

Alarming
  • Alarming

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:08 PM Edited by Alarming, 22 April 2014 - 07:13 PM.

R* also said (several months ago) that heists would be released in the FIRST QUARTER of 2014. Well, the first Quarter ended on March 31st.
 THAT is the problem.  Please use your brain before you post and make yourself look like an idiot :)

You do know most companies use financial quarters not jan to dec quarters which makes their first quarter starting in April.

So Spring is the start of their first financial quarter and they said they will release it then. Isn't that a little amazing. Also, why would they rush to release it in march being the last financial year when it had a storm of a year?? Wait till April the first quarter and set the new year off wih a smash.

Maybe you and many others should do a little reading on what is a fiscal/financial year and that rockstar is owned by take two interactive and their financial year is set by them. This will make you not sound and look like an idiot :)

Also, where is this magical comment from rockstar that no one ever seems to be able to link to about them releasing heists not long after on line went live?

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:13 PM Edited by CrazyRay, 22 April 2014 - 07:29 PM.

lol mad and incorrect
mission accomplished marines

So your best response at proving me wrong was replying with spam/nonsense...well, at least you finally admitted that you were wrong with that reply
  • HaykArs likes this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

So Spring is the start of their first financial quarter and they said they will release it then. Isn't that a little amazing. Also, why would they rush to release it in march being the last financial year when it had a storm of a year?? Wait till April the first quarter and set the new year off wih a smash.

Then they'll be the first company, EVER, to hold off a game update for stock reasons...you do understand that the game is sold and the online game has been running, don't you?

Some piddly update isn't what they're banking on for the second quarter, if that was the case, they're completely f*cked as a company

Saints9
  • Saints9

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

Even if they release high life gta would still be boring..new citys would be nice
  • line of chop likes this

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

UK Dark Knights Crew Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:12 PM Edited by hercules1975, 22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM.

Snip:

Also, where is this magical comment from rockstar that no one ever seems to be able to link to about them releasing heists not long after on line went live?

Ha, well there is no link - I think it was a quote from an interview, but I couldn't find it.

There is the official GTA Online gameplay video though, released before GTA5 was (15th August)...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=olEGtoYs_8A

The video features heists, and so promised that they would be part of the GTA Online playing experience.

However, they didn't say they weren't going to be part of it from day 1.  

They also featured the creator, but did say it wasn't going to be available straight away.

I think everything else is except maybe the apartment the 'skydiving/flying planes/etc. footage was shot from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users