Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Speculation] 'High Life' DLC Released Tomorrow?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic
shadyelf
  • shadyelf

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:15 AM

http://www.rockstarg...pdates#comments

they said no release date yet.

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:28 AM

I would hope so but i highly doubt it, just gonna have to have wait it out until an official R* statement. 

Relative007
  • Relative007

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:43 AM

The way I see it, the "issue" with the High Life Update Release Date is due to both the impatience of the GTAV community and poor information management from R*. It is clear the update will not be coming out on the 22nd of April based on the R* post that came along with the notice the Creators are unavailable. However given the Capture event has ended, the last title update was the Capture Creator and it can not be used, I would expect an announcement at the very latest by the end of this week about the High Life Update (I would think today really).

Quite simply, I think R* have given away to much about the High Life Update, well ahead of its release date and should have held back more information until closer to the intended release date. Companies like R* do not just release updates on a whim and coding does not happen overnight, they would know months or longer in advance what needs to be done by when on a team level (i.e. various teams would be involved in coding, distributing, marketing, financing,..., the game ) and more generally when a title update it is intended to be released. 

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:46 AM

So isn't just convenient that the creator glitch comes out the day before the supposed release of high life?

If I was a conspiratorial thinking man, I would think R* released such a thing just so they can say "We apologize but we are going to have to postpone the 'High Life' update because of the recent exploit with the creator system."

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:59 AM

Wow i wonder how excited you guys are gonna be when R* actually announce a release date.

• cunningstunt likes this

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:01 AM

So isn't just convenient that the creator glitch comes out the day before the supposed release of high life?

If I was a conspiratorial thinking man, I would think R* released such a thing just so they can say "We apologize but we are going to have to postpone the 'High Life' update because of the recent exploit with the creator system."

I've been very critical of Rockstar but your post is ridiculous. The exploit impacts GTA cash expenditures, which has an impact on the sale of cash cards (which no people will buy if things like cars and Pegasus vehicles are free). No way Rockstar hurts the cash card business on purpose. If anything, this would likely favor a sooner release of the high life update rather than later because if the exploit wasn't hot-fixed:

-People would have all the new vehicles in minutes

-People would have the max amount of properties in minutes

-People would be able to completely fill all of those properties with vehicles in minutes

• mikezilla2 and tetsuomax like this

Jak2bossbf3
  • Jak2bossbf3

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:03 AM

Not tommorrow they haven't even announced a release date

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:04 AM

Wow i wonder how excited you guys are gonna be when R* actually announce a release date.

I imagine they'll be like this:

randy_marsh.jpg

• Ninja_Gear, Xyn, DaTwista and 4 others like this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

Oh, it's TOTALLY coming tomorrow since a guy with 1 post just made a thread about it!1!!1!!!

And posts have to do with this... Why?
Ooooh, 2 posts now...because, clearly, the best source for this is a guy who just joined to share his 100% confirmed information

Oh, i'm so sorry I don't spend my entire life behind a computer screen on a forum. Thank you! You're probably like 10 years old, so please, run along little boy. I'd rather have 2 posts and a successful career and a good income rather than 2k posts with a $200 income.
No, I'm older...and I only made $53,000 last year, I get a $5 raise this year...so yeah, more than you would make total if you had 3 jobs

RossCA
  • RossCA

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:13 AM

I can't tell you guys how I know, but its definitely coming tomorrow. 

• Hubson15 likes this

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:16 AM

I've been very critical of Rockstar but your post is ridiculous. The exploit impacts GTA cash expenditures, which has an impact on the sale of cash cards (which no people will buy if things like cars and Pegasus vehicles are free). No way Rockstar hurts the cash card business on purpose. If anything, this would likely favor a sooner release of the high life update rather than later because if the exploit wasn't hot-fixed:

-People would be able to completely fill all of those properties with vehicles in minutes

no duh genius.

and if you check the dictionary under G for gullible, you picture is there.

/sarcasm.

Sh4d0wX32111
  • Sh4d0wX32111

Strawhat

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:18 AM

If it isn't released tonight I might just..I might just...keep playing and accept my fate.

• tetsuomax likes this

Unknown_33
  • Unknown_33

Peon

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

people are going crazy over the wait to the point of rationalizing any secondhand info they get. im sure high life DLC will come out the beginning of may.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

I'm expecting at least 3 or 4 days notice from R* before the release date.

They've never just dropped one us by surprise and I doubt they will with the High Life. R* will want to promote it heavily before it drops. 

and we've still got a maintenance period to clean up glitched cash and RP

Delminator
  • Delminator

Santa Claus

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:19 AM

and you are? a doctor? playing GTA 5? not to Hurt your feelings but dont you think you overestimated your yearly income? let's say you made at the max 30.000$ :-)

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:21 AM

no duh genius.

and if you check the dictionary under G for gullible, you picture is there.

/sarcasm.

Yea, because people haven't posted things as or more ridiculous than that on this forum..not at all...

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:22 AM

The only thing I'm speculating is the never ending supply of speculative threads until it is finally released. Then once it's released in comes the crybaby complaint threads.

• cunningstunt, EZza2647, Insert-Coin-To-Continue and 1 other like this

tetsuomax
  • tetsuomax

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:23 AM

I'm disappointed that I let myself get caught up in the 420 rumours. But I only have myself to blame for that.

However, it does seem like a bit of missed opportunity that R* didn't do anything to mark the occasion.

I still enjoyed 420 the old-fashioned way though, so all good ;)

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:26 AM

The only thing I'm speculating is the never ending supply of speculative threads until it is finally released. Then once it's released in comes the crybaby complaint threads.

It's even worse when you've got people thinking High Life has been delayed due to the CC glitch when they've never once mentioned a release date outside of "spring". Lol

• cunningstunt and SteveNYC81 like this

Sh4d0wX32111
  • Sh4d0wX32111

Strawhat

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:26 AM

I've had nothing to do but missions this week and so far I've made over 2million, Thanks Rockstar for allowing me to realize you don't really want people to buy your cashcards.

DJ Insanity
  • DJ Insanity

Hustler

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:28 AM

Check at 3am EST that is when x-box releases updates for it's games.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

True Vengeance is granted through serrated blades.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:28 AM Edited by Zorvaine, 22 April 2014 - 05:30 AM.

We would have heard about it by now. R* know how to build up hype, this isn't the way. 

Now, the announcement might come tomorrow, but I doubt the update will

What the Funktupus said.

Rockstar usually announces a few days before the update comes on the Newswire. So I'm 100% sure that the update will NOT come tomorrow. 

My prediction:

High Life Update - Around the first two weeks of May.

Heists - Around the first two weeks of June. 

Personal speculation. 

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:30 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 22 April 2014 - 05:32 AM.

Exactly we have another 60 days of spring. To be honest once it is finally released, I'm going to hold off incase there are mishaps with the extended garage capacity. After a couple of weeks have passed, and if it looks safe then I'll buy property number 2.  Furthermore as far as I'm concerned the longer they take polishing it up, the less chance there will be major problems when it's released.

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

I'll refrain from posting in this thread. I've already responded in the other 30 odd threads.

• tails_prower_2040 likes this

slowburn29
  • slowburn29

Significantly more hydrated than you

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:28 AM

Why is everybody in such a hurry for all this to come out?

So they can do/buy it all as fast as possible and get back to complaining that there's nothing to do, duh.

:lol:

Thats right. So I can retire as a pretentious asshole

• AnotherUserName likes this

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

Why do you people stress on reading between the lines so much? You're coming to conclusions that aren't there and you're wasting your own time with such speculation.

It comes out when it comes out regardless of when they say it's going to come out.

Simple as that, end of the conversation.

• GranSnake and tetsuomax like this

GranSnake
  • GranSnake

Sapper

• Members
  • None

I'll refrain from posting in this thread. I've already responded in the other 30 odd threads.

hmmm...
This must be a figment of our imagination then.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Check at 3am EST that is when x-box releases updates for it's games.

Except that R* has it's own servers .....

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

No, no supposed release date anywhere. Where'd you even pull this from? No where, just stop. Seriously.

• cunningstunt likes this

Aguaana
  • Aguaana

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:34 AM

Oh, it's TOTALLY coming tomorrow since a guy with 1 post just made a thread about it!1!!1!!!

And posts have to do with this... Why?
Ooooh, 2 posts now...because, clearly, the best source for this is a guy who just joined to share his 100% confirmed information

Oh, i'm so sorry I don't spend my entire life behind a computer screen on a forum. Thank you! You're probably like 10 years old, so please, run along little boy. I'd rather have 2 posts and a successful career and a good income rather than 2k posts with a $200 income.
No, I'm older...and I only made $53,000 last year, I get a $5 raise this year...so yeah, more than you would make total if you had 3 jobs

53k lmfaooooooooo, that's hardly anything dude.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users