Quantcast

» «
Photo

A TV show you want to see made...

6 replies to this topic
Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

THERE IS NO CHEESE AT THE END OF THIS MAZE. ONLY ASSF*CK.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:26 PM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 21 April 2014 - 10:27 PM.

As part of a film and television studies project, we're drafting ideas for some prime-time TV shows and gonna try to develop a pilot script over the summer.

What are some aspects for a good drama show along the lines of Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, The Sopranos, (I'm thinking crime, anti-hero) you can think of that hasn't really been done yet?

Think along the lines of something in Grand Theft Auto, maybe. If there's anything that's proven crime is one diverse, entertaining rainbow, it's GTA.

EagleStrike
  • EagleStrike

P.O.P Hold it down

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:40 AM Edited by EagleStrike, 22 April 2014 - 02:16 AM.

I have an idea in mind

The story revolves around two friends that have known each other since childhood (Think of Vic and Lance in GTA VCS). One of them leads a normal life and has just gotten out of university while the other one was not as successful and gets involved in the criminal underworld doing small crimes and has so far been called a "failed criminal." let's call them guy A and guy B for now. in the pilot of the show, guy B gets in contact with guy A to help with a small problem claiming it to be with his "internet" but is really a small drug deal. the deal doesn't go to guy B's plan. (you can make up the details) after this, Guy A loses his job and has not other choice but to team up with his old friend and together perform crimes. Throughout the show they improve their skills and avoid getting caught with law enforcement and start working for different criminal organizations and groups. some events in the show would force them to fight for their lives (ex. they kill some important guy in a gang.)

That's just my idea, hope it helps with your project!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:38 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 23 April 2014 - 04:08 AM.

Edit: I'm an idiot, and didn't read the OP.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:51 AM

Here are a few ideas I have had for TV series for a while now. 

-A crime drama along the lines of the Sopranos but following the Jewish Mafia (Kosher Nostra) in the late 70s or early 80s. I have had this idea for a while now and always envisioned it set in either Chicago or Detroit. The logical choice would be Brooklyn but there are already so many shows set in NY It would be nice to move it somewhere. 

-A drama that follows a modern day Pimp in either Washington D.C or Atlanta who wants to leave the game but keeps getting pulled back in. Some inspiration pulled from Hustle N' Flow. I could see this one going two different ways. The first One (Set in Atlanta) way would be similar to Hustle N' Flow in that it is set on the seedier end of things. With poverty all over and kind of a gang banging type main character. The other option would be a white middle class family man character who has a day job mainly as a front but makes his main income off of a high end prostitution service that caters to the elite of D.C. Like politicians, Redskins players, Venture Capitalists etc. Kind of giving of a breaking bad/sopranos feel with the guy leading a double life.  

-A reboot of Playmakers set in Modern times following a fictional top tier professional football team who plays in Los Angeles (Becasue LA doesn't have an NFL team). Follows the live sof several players from Super Star in the prime of his career to the rookie just starting out. And the veteran who is on his way out. And everything else in between. Showing the excess of wealth. Drug abuse corruption of power and everything else that goes on in the NFL. 

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

The americas top stripper!

• IanE55 likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

THERE IS NO CHEESE AT THE END OF THIS MAZE. ONLY ASSF*CK.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

Still not hitting at a miracle idea, but definitely better than anything I've come up with, thanks so far. Keep 'em coming.

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

leader of State Trooper's PD [SAST]

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:09 PM Edited by Alanbeales1, 25 April 2014 - 12:09 PM.

ryan.gifCatch This,B*tch!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users