Quantcast

» «
Photo

Apparently, you can be mugged by your own mugger, and more.

42 replies to this topic
Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:02 PM Edited by Omnifarious, 22 April 2014 - 03:58 AM.

Edit: "Fixed some typos."

TL;DR You can get mugged by your own mugger, and you can jack police vehicles from police during Lester's "cops turn a blind eye" mode, and ride around with other officers in the vehicle.

SO, me and dad (or dad and I) were screwing around. He called his mugger on me while he was sitting shotgun in my car as I was doing a doughnut. (donut?) The mugger came up to the left side of the car while I was still turning, and he ended up on the right side of the vehicle. He then jacked my dad out of the car, (assumingly trying to get to me) takes 500 bucks from him, and me and the mugger (or the mugger and I) burn off together. XD The mugger just sat there in my passenger seat while I drove around with him. Apparently, you can be mugged by your own mugger.

After this little revelation, we tried some other combos, some even involving Lester's no cop ability. Got a mugger to steal my car as my dad remained the passenger, and the mugger drove off with my car and him in the passenger seat. It didn't always work, as sometimes the mugger would cause my dad to step out of the car when he entered it. You can also have an officer in a squad with you, and not get in trouble in "turn a blind eye" mode. You can even jack a police car from an officer and not get in to trouble. So we made a little combo of trying to get me sitting in the back seat, an officer in the passenger seat, with a mugger as the driver. It only lasted a brief moment after multiple attempts because the officer turned hostile after the mugger mugged my dad (the driver) but it was pretty funny nonetheless. I don't have pictures as I was the one in the car just about every time, and as you know, you can't look backward with the phone camera while in a car.

• livejoker, Gutslab, Ethereal_NYC and 21 others like this

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

Good read  :^: 

• Omnifarious, NoSignal666 and I.C.U.P. like this

GranSnake
  • GranSnake

Sapper

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

I've had similar things happen, and its hilarious to have the mugger drive off with you riding shotgun.

Winning001
  • Winning001

They stole my iFruit full of power ballads

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

I had my friend call a mugger after me so the mugger would be riding around in a tank. Funniest thing ever. Since the mugger stops for no one, he blew up some players because they tried to road block the tank

• Killbook and I.C.U.P. like this

Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

≧◔◡◔≦

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

I would laugh if this randomly happened to me, good stuff.

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

UK Dark Knights Crew Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

I had my friend call a mugger after me so the mugger would be riding around in a tank. Funniest thing ever. Since the mugger stops for no one, he blew up some players because they tried to road block the tank

I wonder what would happen if you were in a helicopter, or even a jet?

Probably the jet scenario is a little less likely, but you never know :0)

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

Should this be in the story thread 'cos it's a story or a thread of its own, 'cos it's a revelation?

GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

Helicopter scenario works!
  • Omnifarious likes this

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

Should this be in the story thread 'cos it's a story or a thread of its own, 'cos it's a revelation?

Just because I'm explaining how I figured these things out, does not mean it belongs in that grave of a thread. Just informing the people that you can be mugged by your own mugger, and that you can jack police vehicles from police without raising any stars during the "cops turn a blind eye" mode. This can lead to very interesting combinations.

• livejoker, lilpokerface, Timely and 1 other like this

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

Felt like being that guy. I'm sorry. :(

SO, me and dad (or dad and I) are screwing around. He then jacks my dad...me and the mugger (or or the mugger and I) burn off together.

Funny story. I have to try it sometime. :^:

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Row Row Fight The Powah!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

Haha, cops won't let you point a gun at them, but by all means, feel free to rip them out of their squad cars with reckless abandon. GTA logic is fun.

I gotta try this.

GranSnake
  • GranSnake

Sapper

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

I had a guy pinned behind a bldg sitting on the ground in his buzzard, and the mugger stole it.

He flew just like the lame npc pilots, but it was still hilarious. I love the mugger.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

Haha, cops won't let you point a gun at them, but by all means, feel free to rip them out of their squad cars with reckless abandon. GTA logic is fun.

I gotta try this.

Actually, you can aim your guns at them all you want. You just can't hit them/kill them is all.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

move this thread to

http://gtaforums.com...e-your-stories/

Deathmaker158
  • Deathmaker158

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

Nobody likes the stories thread.
  • Omnifarious likes this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:20 PM

Time to lock this thread down.

• am30 and SIM-1 like this

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:47 PM Edited by Omnifarious, 21 April 2014 - 11:56 PM.

Time to lock this thread down.

I already discussed this with am30. If you've nothing to contribute to this thread, then I suggest you move on.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:49 PM

Cool story bro, but it actually was a pretty cool and awesome story.

• godziller likes this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:18 AM

I already discussed this with am30. If you've nothing to contribute to this thread, then I suggest you move on.

Just saying, if I'm going to have my threads locked for story telling.. so should everybody else.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

OP plays GTA with his dad
  • RAS_ZeroZ and MNTLspazzm like this

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:28 AM

Just saying, if I'm going to have my threads locked for story telling.. so should everybody else.

I already get all my threads locked for story telling. It's the only thing I do is tell stories.

• havingfunz likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:45 AM

So does Moisin Nagant 91/30, what's your point?

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

UK Dark Knights Crew Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:39 AM

Lucky OP, he has a 'cool' dad :0)

• Omnifarious and ashbashbluesfan like this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:51 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 22 April 2014 - 01:52 AM.

I already get all my threads locked for story telling. It's the only thing I do is tell stories.

So why isn't this one locked like other story telling threads?   (personally, I think this should be allowed in this forum.. but if the mods are going to go crazy on everybody else for story telling then they should with this one too.)

• am30 likes this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:04 AM

So why isn't this one locked like other story telling threads?   (personally, I think this should be allowed in this forum.. but if the mods are going to go crazy on everybody else for story telling then they should with this one too.)

Report it and move on or bide your time and the mod's will move it to the story thread should they see fit.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:16 AM

Report it and move on or bide your time and the mod's will move it to the story thread should they see fit.

Just did so, thanks.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:20 AM

Hey, if you don't want to add to the conversation, please just ffffff*ck off. I mean that in the kindest way possible. Don't spam (warning), inb4lock (temp ban) or bitch about how the topic metatextually (public redressing).

Just moveon.org, kids.
  • Raavi, Omnifarious and Crunch McThornbody like this

lilpokerface
  • lilpokerface

ME

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:26 AM Edited by lilpokerface, 22 April 2014 - 02:27 AM.

There is more than just "a story" here. Th OP is explaining How to get yourself mugged and other uses with the "Blind Eye". It would have been a sh*tty thread had he said "Call mugger and you get mugged" or "Call Lester and ride with a cop". Cool find OP. I will try this asap.

NB4, oh wait, nevermind..

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:50 AM

There is more than just "a story" here. Th OP is explaining How to get yourself mugged and other uses with the "Blind Eye". It would have been a sh*tty thread had he said "Call mugger and you get mugged" or "Call Lester and ride with a cop". Cool find OP. I will try this asap.

NB4, oh wait, nevermind..

Then that would mean it should go in the tips & tricks thread.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:53 AM

RAS - one more backseat moderation attempt out of you and you can join the 'inb4lock'ers in temp ban city.

I will move this to Gameplay, however, because maybe it'll prevent more idiocy.
  • Omnifarious likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users