• This topic is locked This topic is locked
165 replies to this topic
Luismy_MMD
  • Luismy_MMD

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

I think Rockstar will go downhill now like EA, Activision and so on did.

I used to love the company but since GTA Online and the Cashcard systems I kinda hate them, I hope they get back to being badass soon.....

Why do you hate them for the cash cards that are totally optional and you're in no way obliged to buy?

Stupid attitude. You're hating something that you don't have any reason to hate. If you couldn't play online without them, I'd understand, but it seems like you're just hating it because you think you should. 

I hate cashcards because they designed GTA Online in a way that you can only succeed if you play 12 hours a day, cheat or spend your hard earned REAL LIFE MONEY into digital money.

They are copying the same stupid "pay to win" methods that many other companies are applying right now.

An average person plays for 1 hour or 2 a day, not 12. What if I don't want to spend more money in the game because I don't have any and I already spent 60€ in the goddam game, still more money for them? No sir. 

Plus I've got a life and things to do, so I can't play those 12 hours a day to grind money and EXP to keep up.

So my only choice is getting online and playing solo or joining and public lobby and getting raped in races because I don't have any custom super car or getting raped in gunfights because I don't have a rocket launcher, a tank or a heavy sniper.

Where's the fairness there? Winning at games was supposed to be about having skills, not about having IRL money to spend into IG money so you are better than anyone else. It neither was supposed to be about who plays the more time.

That's the problem with nowadays games. I remember back in the day when Ps3 got released and there were titles like COD MW2 or Tekken 6 were you would only win if you are good at the game, and even if you had all the weapons and all the unlocks, a newly joined user could beat you up seriously because they are simply better.

Do you understand now why I am against this bussiness model Rockstar is applying?

• deathdealer, Cutter De Blanc and im_stoned like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

GTA: Online is literally the farthest from P2W than you can get. 12 hours? Lolno.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

You still didn't get what he said, did you? It's not even AFFECTING you because you ARE NOT buying them. Idiot.

Luismy_MMD
  • Luismy_MMD

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:25 PM Edited by Luismy_MMD, 27 April 2014 - 02:25 PM.

You still didn't get what he said, did you? It's not even AFFECTING you because you ARE NOT buying them. Idiot.

First of all I'm not insulting everyone here.

And it's affecting everybody since the game/R subtly encourages you to buy this cards, specially by adding new and super expensive cars and making everything a thousand times more expensive than in single player, but earning money is a thousand times harder.

If you like the system or you actually buy the cards, good for you, I was just expressing my opinion on this.

• deathdealer likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

It doesn't encourage everyone to buy it. It's already been clarified it's optional to buy and its for people who like to take shortcuts and people who only play for a short amount of time.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:18 PM Edited by kj2022, 27 April 2014 - 05:22 PM.

It doesn't encourage everyone to buy it. It's already been clarified it's optional to buy and its for people who like to take shortcuts and people who only play for a short amount of time.

But the point of something like this, is a car that in real life which costs about $500,000 shouldn't cost over a million in game. I don't have time to grind away getting money here there and everywhere just trying to level up and get enough, after about 4 or 5 days playing a couple of hours a day I could barely afford an apartment. The game should be fair for everyone without having cash cards, if you can grind 6 or 7 hours a day every day, then great, here's a few extra benefits, but it gets to the point where starting over is basically a death wish, because people can just pay money to get more cash in game to cover the hospital bills of the people they're spawn killing who are level 1, and can't get help from friends because they're locked out. It's stupid having them in, and it ruins the economy by making everything stupidly expensive, yeah you can buy them if you want, but cash cards shouldn't be almost forced upon you because there's arseholes who grief who have the time to waste every single day to get billions in cash. There is no reason to even start new if you get the game now because every time you try to get past the f*cking tutorial, there'll be some jackass there, blowing through cash cards so they can afford the hospital bills. 

• deathdealer likes this

SentinelXSVCS22
  • SentinelXSVCS22

Liberty City Resident

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:04 PM Edited by SentinelXSVCS22, 27 April 2014 - 07:04 PM.

I hate these microtransactions in games nowadays. And I don't like the direction R* is going with GTA V. I mean it's a common thing nowadays with a game having content cut from the final version of a game (not all games though), only to be released weeks or months after at a ridiculous small prices. 

Why were the PS2/Xbox era of games full of complete games from the off so to speak, and now microtransactions in the current generations of games. I don't mind games nowadays, but they hardly interest me in buying them with constant tiny content. At least IV in the GTA series had two DLC's with packed loads of the stuff to do added upon vanilla IV story without anything cut and released at a later date.

Maybe it is how things are nowadays, but I find it  more annoying when one dev follows another, and so on. I'm not liking the future of gaming these days. 

• deathdealer, SonOfLiberty, SCOOBASTEEB and 2 others like this

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:12 PM Edited by lazloisdavrock, 27 April 2014 - 07:13 PM.

Remember heists in gtao?  lmao

"heists coming soon"  and that was in October.  

Just release the game on PS4 and PC and take my money. for f*cks sake

• deathdealer and RolfStarGames like this

fac316
  • fac316

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

looks like EA games bought R* after all smh

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Hmmm?  What DID happen to Rockstar?  Let me think...

OH!  That's right.  They released a bunch of free sh*t here and there, and their fans BITCHED and WHINED, whined and bitched.

"Why didn't you release every last single piece of f*cking sh*t clothing in singleplayer as well as Online, Cockstar?"  "Why didn't you release a full-fledged singleplayer DLC the size of TLAD and BOGT combined within three months, Cockstar?"  "Why do we have to pay for the singleplayer DLC when it releases and we get Online content for free, Cockstar?"  "Why does an entire new story and everything cost more than a couple new guns, cars and t-shirts, Cockstar?"

Okay, so Online didn't release perfectly, there was a money glitch, and the heists are taking a little bit longer to release than planned.  But, I mean, the game hasn't even been out a year.  You'd think people who play GTA could take the hurt out of their butt for a few months.  This is Rockstar, okay, not Valve, we're not going to have children and then grandchildren by the time the next game comes out.

What's really funny, is that all the people who complain about GTAV as though Rockstar somehow personally slighted them strike me as the kind of gamers who play Call of Duty like ALL THE TIME and only bash it because they think they're cool.  They probably secretly enjoy Justin Bieber and Twilight.  I mean, I play Call of Duty all the time, and I don't bash the series, but the difference between GTA and CoD is that CoD actually DOES screw over its customers by charging what they do for DLC.  Let's be real here.  I love Call of Duty, but Activision REALLY DOES f*ck its customers.

Look, I still drive the same Dinka Blista that I started with, painted green to rep Families because they were the gang I started  with at the start of Online, and a sh*tty apartment.  I can barely afford weapons by the time I'm done buying up DLC outfits.  But do I complain?  No.  Do I buy GTA funny money with my mom's credit card like a filthy little ten year old?  No.  I'm not a rich kid or a moron.  If I see you roll up near me in free roam, I don't care if you're rich, poor, the fact is that you're another GTA player and I know how you roll so I shoot you in the head before you even see me.  And if you shoot me while I'm trying to do something, and I come back and shoot you, I also slap a sticky on your expensive, fully modded out, uninsured personal vehicle, and hit the det, and if I get labeled a bad sport, I don't give a sh*t, because it's worth it, and I'm going to get a good sport reward later on anyway.

One thing I especially enjoy doing is slapping a sticky on the underside of the Simeon cars.  Everybody makes a mad dash for it, but I'm such a good driver I outpace them, but sometimes I'll be low on ammo and they'll be waiting for me at the garage to ambush me.  When that happens, sometimes I can take them out, but sometimes I just have no choice but to give up the car.  When that happens I really like to let them think they've gotten away with it, and get all the way to the garage.  I would literally pay money to see the look on their face when they get the car just inside the garage, and it blows up in their face and they get no money.

• AleX AciD, fac316, SCOOBASTEEB and 1 other like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

Hmmm?  What DID happen to Rockstar?  Let me think...

OH!  That's right.  They released a bunch of free sh*t here and there, and their fans BITCHED and WHINED, whined and bitched.

"Why didn't you release every last single piece of f*cking sh*t clothing in singleplayer as well as Online, Cockstar?"  "Why didn't you release a full-fledged singleplayer DLC the size of TLAD and BOGT combined within three months, Cockstar?"  "Why do we have to pay for the singleplayer DLC when it releases and we get Online content for free, Cockstar?"  "Why does an entire new story and everything cost more than a couple new guns, cars and t-shirts, Cockstar?"

Okay, so Online didn't release perfectly, there was a money glitch, and the heists are taking a little bit longer to release than planned.  But, I mean, the game hasn't even been out a year.  You'd think people who play GTA could take the hurt out of their butt for a few months.  This is Rockstar, okay, not Valve, we're not going to have children and then grandchildren by the time the next game comes out.

What's really funny, is that all the people who complain about GTAV as though Rockstar somehow personally slighted them strike me as the kind of gamers who play Call of Duty like ALL THE TIME and only bash it because they think they're cool.  They probably secretly enjoy Justin Bieber and Twilight.  I mean, I play Call of Duty all the time, and I don't bash the series, but the difference between GTA and CoD is that CoD actually DOES screw over its customers by charging what they do for DLC.  Let's be real here.  I love Call of Duty, but Activision REALLY DOES f*ck its customers.

Look, I still drive the same Dinka Blista that I started with, painted green to rep Families because they were the gang I started  with at the start of Online, and a sh*tty apartment.  I can barely afford weapons by the time I'm done buying up DLC outfits.  But do I complain?  No.  Do I buy GTA funny money with my mom's credit card like a filthy little ten year old?  No.  I'm not a rich kid or a moron.  If I see you roll up near me in free roam, I don't care if you're rich, poor, the fact is that you're another GTA player and I know how you roll so I shoot you in the head before you even see me.  And if you shoot me while I'm trying to do something, and I come back and shoot you, I also slap a sticky on your expensive, fully modded out, uninsured personal vehicle, and hit the det, and if I get labeled a bad sport, I don't give a sh*t, because it's worth it, and I'm going to get a good sport reward later on anyway.

One thing I especially enjoy doing is slapping a sticky on the underside of the Simeon cars.  Everybody makes a mad dash for it, but I'm such a good driver I outpace them, but sometimes I'll be low on ammo and they'll be waiting for me at the garage to ambush me.  When that happens, sometimes I can take them out, but sometimes I just have no choice but to give up the car.  When that happens I really like to let them think they've gotten away with it, and get all the way to the garage.  I would literally pay money to see the look on their face when they get the car just inside the garage, and it blows up in their face and they get no money.

Wow, you sound like an asshole. And you sound proud of it. People like you are why I don't play online. And there are millions of them. 

• deathdealer likes this

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Hey, man.  Of course I'm an asshole.  That's how it goes.  I didn't START the game as an asshole.  I was a pretty decent guy.  But to become any good at Online, you HAVE to become one.  I learned pretty early on that if you spawn and just try to go about your business, find some work and do your jobs and what have you, somebody WILL shoot you the minute they see you, for no reason whatsoever, you respawn, and they shoot your ass again.  So yeah, after that, I learned to pretty much just shoot first the minute somebody gets within a block of me.

In fact, Online is such a sh*t sack world, that whenever somebody does something decent, it stands out.  Like this one time, I noticed a player heading towards me, and I raised my carbine and had him covered, but he came around the corner in a big rig and I...I hesitated.  Like, deliberately hesitated, I didn't f*ck up or anything.  I just thought it was weird, because he just came to a stop near me and leaned on the horn.  I was like WTF?  So, with one eyebrow raised I ran toward him, hit the Y button, and got in the truck with him.  He gave me a lift all the way up to Blaine County, stopped and got out, and then I got out, and I had some business up there, so I headed that way, we parted ways, he drove off, and I was just so impressed with the way that all went that I sent him a message.  I was all "Hey man, thanks for the ride.  Keep on truckin'."  And he sent me a message back and he was all like "10-4, good buddy."

I was like, wow.  If only THAT was how free roam was.  But no.  Every dumbass with a gun just shoots at each other.  So I shoot at people too.  And it's usually the people with the tricked out cars who have the better weapons than me because they've been playing for a lot longer time and have a lot more money than me.  So it's a pretty unfair and lopsided deal when they come at me, so it's only right that I blow their ride to sh*t, and if it ain't insured, that's THEIR fault for coming after me.  And as far as blowing up the Simeon car, hey, I'm just trying to make a buck, and some asshole has to try and ambush me?  Well that's fine when HE gets f*cked in the end.  I don't get no money, but at least neither does the f*ck who rolled me.

So I mean, like, I'M the problem?  Well sh*t.  All people would have had to do was leave me alone and I wouldn't be one.  But no.  I gotta bank my money after every mission, insure my vehicle every time I get a new one, car bomb Simeon's ride to keep someone from stealing it and making MY money, and not trust anyone within a hundred meters.  Free roam is a pretty f*cked up Hell of a place where there are no rules and anything goes.  To quote Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell, The world is small, nasty and complicated and everyone dies alone.

• Cutter De Blanc and Osho like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:43 AM

f*ck Cockstar. They are EA 2.0 now. They turned greedy after they saw what they could do with Microtransaction. It annoys me so f*cking much that one of my favourite companies went from high, to low. f*ck Dan Asslicker Houser. 

Microtransactions are completely optional you goon. Why hate them for something you DON'T HAVE TO BUY AT ALL, BECAUSE IT'S A CHOICE?

People on this forum that still don't get this should just give up.

• Mrflodo likes this

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:03 AM Edited by Im2akillerfish, 29 April 2014 - 08:03 AM.

I've said it once and I'll say it again.

Paid monthly DLC with stuff you want or Optional Cash Cards you don't want. Choose.

• Mrflodo and FilthyEsquire like this

Mrflodo
  • Mrflodo

Crackhead

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

WTF? happened to Rockstar?

I'll take a rough guess. They just produced the best GTA EVER and along with the single player campaign we also got online.
Bet half the people complaining haven't even completed 100% yet they want more.
  • FilthyEsquire likes this

Phoenix_Shit
  • Phoenix_Shit

Hey

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

f*ck Cockstar. They are EA 2.0 now. They turned greedy after they saw what they could do with Microtransaction. It annoys me so f*cking much that one of my favourite companies went from high, to low. f*ck Dan Asslicker Houser. 

Microtransactions are completely optional you goon. Why hate them for something you DON'T HAVE TO BUY AT ALL, BECAUSE IT'S A CHOICE?

I know its a choicw, but you still need does weapons dont you? In GTA Online

I think we all need and want to own an SMG in GTA Online (If we even play that sh*t) And its overpriced. Who doesnt wanna own an rifle or any weapon at all in game? And R* tricks people into buying stuff, such as giving the weapons overprice , an SMG in Online costs like 200, 000 ingame dollars.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

I think we all need and want to own an SMG in GTA Online (If we even play that sh*t) And its overpriced. Who doesnt wanna own an rifle or any weapon at all in game? And R* tricks people into buying stuff, such as giving the weapons overprice , an SMG in Online costs like 200, 000 ingame dollars.

You have three choices then:

1. Earn it.

2. Live without it.

3. Buy a cashcard.

Notice that there are two perfectly FREE options that come before the cashcard?

Your actual issue, far as I can tell, is that you don't want to work for the rewards of the game, but you also don't seem to want to take the shortcut they've provided. 

So what's the problem here? It is actually... you? And seeing as you've just added in a caveat there, "If we even play that sh*t", makes me think you don't even play it and are just complaining for the sake of it, because complaining on the internet is much easier than actually contributing something of worth to a discussion.

WTF? happend to R*?

THEIR f*ckING FANS. 

• xrk, Murad The Murderer, Osho and 1 other like this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

I have to say it. I'm a HUGE fan of Rockstars. The first game of theirs I played was the Original GTA on my PS1 when it was released. I rented it first... Then again. And once more... until the novelty kinda wore off, plus it was hard for me to remember the controls bouncing back and forth between 3d games. Well driver was kinda meh, beat it in three days, and no other game could compare to that expirience so like a year and some change when GTA 1969 was gunna drop I ponied up and purchased 1, and the expansion, and my love was rekindled. I could clearly see that they were on to something magical,

I've played pretty much every game Rockstar has released. I even beat Oni. This game is great and is not a miss step in the series. The shark cards aren't neccessary for me, but for some dorks they are. I would enjoy more missions but I still can't find anyone to help me beat Maze surival.

I was playing the Ataque at banque capture yesterday... The most fun I have had online playing this game. (Play Ataque in a full room... I almost lost my voice screaming in the mic, at the tele, and laughing my ass off)

Oh and if anyone can find that survival or has played it... ADD me on PSN PLEASE!! Doug_Drealer.

Unfortunately with the state of current music, and fashion, and games, not many people are too creative. It's a shame because not too long ago there was that idea that everyone is special or unique (which is true) yet I am continually seeing the whole sheeple thing. If this game isn't fun for you. This isn't the game for you.GTA1 was hardly for everyone at the time. This series shouldn't change for ya'll.

Oh, and I'm playing online as we speak. My first time EVER doing the sawmill survival. I'm level 100 plus, with millions in the bank. So the game has choices and good ones, and if you can't see it, again this isn't a game for you. This is one of the three games I play. The last GTA title stayed in the system for 4 years. So yeah about that.

• Muhammad Hamdan and Mrflodo like this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

And to the sort that think Rockstar is gunna be like EA or Activision... Maybe in ten years. Maybe. But you are obviously not as astute as you think. EA and Activision at one point released at least five-ten games a year... How many does rockstar pump out on average? Rockstar if anything has cooled it considerably. Now I have to agree as I did in my previous post... I may come off a bit fan boyish, that's probably because Rockstars games are the only ones I continually replay. Check my PSN Doug_Drealer to see what gets played. I played too many PS3 titles. Unlike most of you, I only get down with GTA. And no COD has ever been in my PS3. How many other gamers can say that?

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

Nothing happens to Rockstar, I'm only worried about the game, GTA. The game should not suffer for the changes or new ideas, as the developers fight through meeting industry trends, calling it as an ambitious one.
If it does, in a major way, I'll simply stop buying GTA, that's all.
I'm happy playing the past great classics, and looking at Rockstar, if not wrong, they certainly won't disappoint me with future titles either.

I definitely take GTA V for PC Announcement and Single Player additions, two most important things in my decision to continue the long association with Rockstar or not.
  • Muhammad Hamdan likes this

Muhammad Hamdan
  • Muhammad Hamdan

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

What's the uses of sharkcards? it only gives extra Trash (Gta online $s)for real(hard earned)cash am I right?

Epsilon Program
  • Epsilon Program

Child of Kraff

• Members
  • Cayman-Islands

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

What's the uses of sharkcards? it only gives extra Trash (Gta online $s)for real(hard earned)cash am I right?

Yep

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

You pay real money for in-game money.

It's there for people who don't have a lot of time on their hands (Full-time job).

• Murad The Murderer likes this

Pegassi
  • Pegassi

Owner of Dubai

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

If this was GTA IV, we would still have another 78 days before TLaD releases. 332 for TBoGT.

I guess it'll take a year then.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

An SMG? $200,000? Overpriced? SMG?

Dafuq you talking about?

• Murad The Murderer likes this

Murad The Murderer
  • Murad The Murderer

Makin' Bacon Pancakes

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

An SMG? $200,000? Overpriced? SMG?

Dafuq you talking about?

The dudes just being a whiney baby, he's prob never played online. He's just on the hate train because he's butthurt that online is getting the public attention from rockstar(knowing full well that rockstar is working on single player dlc) but he wants his dlc now because he's entitled to it I guess....or something like that?

People like him on this forum are annoying, almost as annoying as the IV fans, who turn every decent discussion between the two games in a hate war. Some people can not be pleased with the excellent game rockstar has made and will always bicker for something more, something different, something they wanted not what they got.
  • Fuzzknuckles and ChrisMathers3501 like this

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

Question: did the dlc for IV get delayed also for pc? Or did all three platforms get each at the same time?

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

The 360 got IV DLC first, because of exclusivity. PC and PS3 then got it at the same time, I think.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• England

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

Xbox got the first DLC 10 months after console release. PS3 and PC had to wait a whole 2 years to get it. I mean, imagine this forum if we were waiting this long right now and we're only at around 7 months after the game released.

People want things straight away, but the way the business is for Rockstar, in that there can be YEARS between games, they have to focus their assets and prolong life to the series. I'm not saying they are just sitting on a finished DLC and not releasing it in order to anger people, but I don't think they exactly rush to get things out barely half a year after the game released just because fans demand it.

There is a reason Rockstar take their time, and it's because they are perfectionists that think very highly of providing the best game to fans and not just a rehash like annual release game companies do. They are also working within the limits of old generation technology still and there could be other bigger projects in mind we don't know about. 

I can't wait for DLC personally, but I'm content with waiting until they are ready to release something worth while.

• Cutter De Blanc and Muhammad Hamdan like this

southparkmayor
  • southparkmayor

Derp

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

Rockstar is too busy jerking off to fan art and youtube videos and "verifying" jobs (verified to have low payouts) LMFAO!

• ChrisMathers3501 and Muhammad Hamdan like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users