Whats the story your online character?

108 replies to this topic
Darth_Rob
  • Darth_Rob

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

My character is a mute, lifeless avatar for GTA Online. That's it. Why would I waste my time thinking of a f*cking backstory? As if you could apply a story to online game characters anyway. They aren't supposed to have a story, just player models that are used to play multiplayer. What's next, someone writing fan fiction about the soldier they made in Ghosts' "Create a Soldier" feature?

Immersive games tend to immerse people. Amazing, isn't it?

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

First Person Shooter Aficionado

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:19 PM Edited by Rerxelend, 28 August 2014 - 07:20 PM.

Prophet_of_Regard
  • Prophet_of_Regard

-Prophet

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:24 PM Edited by Prophet_of_Regard, 14 May 2014 - 02:25 PM.

Multiplayer games are hardly ever immersive. Single player games are. I think you're confusing addiction with immersion. There can be no immersion when you're constantly reminded of the fact that you're in a playground with other human players, not virtual characters with elaborate stories.

Someone never had an imagination as a kid. I guess you didn't have a cardboard box castle and an empire, either. That's saddening.
  • Scorpiomobile, Red Lynx 23, LightningLord and 1 other like this

PalmIsland
  • PalmIsland

Asian bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:16 PM Edited by PalmIsland, 14 May 2014 - 03:21 PM.

I recently created a new clone character on a new account.

Her name is Nadia Yi and she is 21 year old Asian girl from Thailand. She was forced into prostitution by her own parents, this broke her emotionally down and twisted her. She therefore escaped from Asia to America, with help from Lamar which she have found on Internet. Now she is a whore and she enjoy killing people in Liberty City. She does not talk much because of what her own parents did to her. 

Today she is an unpopular hateful bitch who is wanted dead, and she have no friends. She is also an Nazi and have an own Nazi crew. She is autodidact and have learned to fly an P-996 Lazer by her own. Her flying skills is on "Top Gun" level. 

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

raresine01.jpg

Here you can see why she is hated. 

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:20 PM Edited by Rerxelend, 28 August 2014 - 07:20 PM.

/

• Lorajet likes this

Lorajet
  • Lorajet

I love a man in a rubber suit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:23 PM

Heck if I know, I'm still trying to figure out the character creator...

:lol:

PalmIsland
  • PalmIsland

Asian bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:26 PM Edited by PalmIsland, 14 May 2014 - 03:33 PM.

Sorry mate but if you need to use your imagination to make up silly stories to have fun in a video game, then either that game has run its course for you (like the people who "roleplay" in GTA singleplayer) or it's just a bad game in general. Games need to be immersive already - it shouldn't require any imagination from the player especially not in this day and age with the tech we have.

Ludonarrative is a very important part of game developing in Game Industry. If you think storytelling is not important then you have insufficient knowledge to comment storytelling in games.

My little "story" if you can call it a story is partially true and not just imagination.

Spoiler

Green color is true, red color is imagination. 

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:35 PM Edited by Rerxelend, 28 August 2014 - 07:21 PM.

• Lorajet likes this

PalmIsland
  • PalmIsland

Asian bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:41 PM Edited by PalmIsland, 14 May 2014 - 03:46 PM.

Here you can read what "Ludonarrative" is: http://en.wikipedia....i/Ludonarrative

I was just trying to contribute in this thread by staying on topic. You are off topic here so I suggest you stop spamming this thread or it will get consequences. 

About the crew she is a part of is just an mechanism to get players attention so they will hunt her.

I did not mean that my little "story" as you call it is an "vital part" of Game Industry. But storytelling in games are important. many games have stories from the developer, and other games will allow the player to create their own stories about how they started the game. An example is Skyrim and Fallout 3 if you play the PC version. You can find these mods on Nexusmods.com.

Lorajet
  • Lorajet

I love a man in a rubber suit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

"Ludonarrative". Really? Take your neckbeard terms and shove em up your arse mate because at the end of the day anyone who actually sits there making up their own little stories in video games needs to get a f*cking life. Fair enough if you're immersed in the singleplayer narrative that the devs made with cutscenes and dialogue etc etc but don't you even bother trying to say sh*t like this, that is possibly the most autistic thing I've ever read :

Her name is Nadia Yi and she is 21 year old Asian girl from Thailand. She was forced into prostitution by her own parents, this broke her emotionally down and twisted her. She therefore escaped from Asia to America, with help from Lamar which she have found on Internet. Now she is a whore and she enjoy killing people in Liberty City. She does not talk much because of what her own parents did to her.

Today she is an unpopular hateful bitch who is wanted dead, and she have no friends. She is also an Nazi and have an own Nazi crew. She is autodidact and have learned to fly an P-996 Lazer by her own. Her flying skills is on "Top Gun" level.

Is a "vital part" of video games. You can't even contain your little story, you make reference to a gameplay stat, surely that breaks immersion in your gay little fantasy world? "An Nazi" - you're f*cking wank mate.

Yep, best reply

Raavi
  • Raavi

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

Get back on-topic please, don't respond to such inflammatory posts, report them and move on.

thorpey181
  • thorpey181

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

Sorry mate but if you need to use your imagination to make up silly stories to have fun in a video game, then either that game has run its course for you (like the people who "roleplay" in GTA singleplayer) or it's just a bad game in general. Games need to be immersive already - it shouldn't require any imagination from the player especially not in this day and age with the tech we have.

I bet you live a miserable, dour life completely ignorant of what a totally misinformed c*nt you are. 

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:54 PM Edited by Rerxelend, 28 August 2014 - 07:21 PM.

lilmoonpie
  • lilmoonpie

Sometimes the hammer, sometimes the nail

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

Oh, who gives a sh*t? Let people have their fun.

My guy's backstory: He looks like everyone else in the game. I got a chance to change his looks and radically changed them and was fine with it. Then Rockstar took my billions away and my character reverted back to the old look. I haven't been able to change it since. I now wear a helmet all the time because I get tired of looking like everyone else. And I wear a suit, for I am a professional, and professionals wear a suit. You never caught Ric Flair bumming around in beach shorts and flip-flops. He styled and profiled. WHOOOOOOO!

• Darth_Rob likes this

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

Rerxelend, chill the **** out.

On Topic: My character is named Daniel. (Like me) He was born in North Yankton and had a small family at the time. He dropped out of high school and moved to Liberty City. This is where he learned the ways of a thug. He still cared for his family. He met a couple good buddies in Liberty City. They teamed up as a small crew and did whatever came to mind. Whether it was a bank heist or just fighting a random thug. A few years later, he moved to San Andreas. He invited his 2 buddies but only 1 showed up. The other is having money issues. He says he'll come as soon as possible. He met someone he really liked when he came to San Andreas. But she left unexpectedly soon after. While he was hurt, he tried to move on. He made a few more friends when he was there. He considered making a private army but never got any help with it. He's pulled off a lot of dangerous jobs and is now a rich guy. Owns a luxury apartment, an extra garage, about 20 cars, a couple jets, several boats, and access to the best firearms around. While he is rich, he still cares for his friends and family. His parents know what he's up to in San Andreas. But they're not mad at him for the crazy **** he's done. They said as long as he's still alive and healthy. That's all that they worry about. They hope for the best for him.

(Lol I have an overactive imagination. :p)
  • mareepx likes this

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:02 PM Edited by Tao Cheng, 14 May 2014 - 05:03 PM.

Korean ecstasy junkie goes to Los Santos for a major rave happening soon, but ends up knowing he can make a living through the street racing scene. Apparently people like my driving in racing games, so I might as well...

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

He's in a purge

Dark Passenger
  • Dark Passenger

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

My character is just like this guy but in a GTA "twist"...

PROSlade
  • PROSlade

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:01 AM

Name: PROSlade

My character was a drifting street racer during the chinatown Wars then when his side deals hidden from the yakuza got exposed he tried to make a run for it but his car flipped over and exploded they fled the scene thinking it was by accident but in reality in before the car exploded he climbed out the other side With them thinking he was dead he called his friend Lamar and got a plane ticket to Los Santos he now lives happily in a penthouse with his roommates his racing team he is loyal to them they are like a family the drive sports cars muscles and motorcycles at the street races but to remeber his mistakes he keeps a replica of the car he almost died in from tokyo...an orange coquette he drives it still along with a blue elegy rh8 he can be found in the playstation world he resides at richards majestic. if you want to be a part of his racing crew leave your name below (Rate this Backstory)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users