Photo

Rooftop Rumble Frustrations

89 replies to this topic
wangsparkinglot
  • wangsparkinglot

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:39 AM Edited by wangsparkinglot, 22 April 2014 - 02:40 AM.

I've been hosting this all day and boy are people sh*t.

Anyone who doesn't follow these rules doesn't get another invite if I'm hosting.

1. don't start shooting until everybody is in position
2. don't blow up the f*cking documents
3. don't use a motorbike and don't use anything without BP tires, you will die
4. don't drive back to madrazos if you don't know the shortcuts and aren't a proficient driver. Every time someone else took the documents in their crappy entity I made a point of beating them to madrazos house in my sultan.
5. If I'm driving, don't get in my car and constantly fire your AP pistol making traffic go crazy, I will outrun the grangers easily, you only need to shoot them if I crash into something and they're right near us
6. Click like, continue and free roam right away
7. don't try to kill me while I'm setting up the next round

This.. Nothing annoys me more - *****

• KimberJane and GrottiCollector like this

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:23 AM Edited by KimberJane, 22 April 2014 - 03:24 AM.

The only frustration with Rooftop Rumble is the fact that is has completely ruined joining random Contact Missions. There are so many fun missions to play, but practically the only one you'll ever get is Rooftop Rumble. So many people are so desperate for cash in GTAO that they feel the need to run Rooftop Rumble non-stop. It's really sad. 

OP, "KimberJane", if you need cash so badly; get a job. Go work at Burger King a couple of hours every day. You'll earn some money and you can buy cash cards with it. Stop messing up a feature of GTAO because you're desperate for in-game money.

Or, play this boring mission by yourself. We don't need you to "help others cash up and rank up". We'll do okay by ourselves. As long as you don't open up this lame mission for anyone looking for a random mission to join.

I will do what I want thanks. Will open it up for who I want when I want. Also I'm not desperate for money - almost 5m. Oh and a job at BK no thanks.

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:27 AM

I just play it on my own. If a random asks me to host it for him or her I tell them to idle and let me do it on my own so it can't get f*cked up.

4drturbo
  • 4drturbo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:38 AM

Question. I noticed people lower then Rank 75 hosting it. How so? I tried looking for it and I cannot find it. I am a 74.

I do agree, it is sad the people have to play the easiest quickest and highest earning mission to get money. I honestly have the most fun in freemode.

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

Question. I noticed people lower then Rank 75 hosting it. How so? I tried looking for it and I cannot find it. I am a 74.
I do agree, it is sad the people have to play the easiest quickest and highest earning mission to get money. I honestly have the most fun in freemode.

Perhaps a higher level hosted it and left, giving host to someone else of lower level.
  • 4drturbo likes this

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

Do you want to know my Rooftop Rumble frustrations? My frustrations is always getting put into Rooftop Rumble lobbies over and over again whenever i join a quick job or contact mission because the a*shole who host it never set's their game to F*CKING private mode!!!

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

2 rockets and a few auto shotgun rounds and the inside is cleared. I dont mind riding in the heli or driving and I automatically assume when I hit invite from current session that some kind of BS is gonna happen so I dont even get mad. But I do give lower level ranks a chance to make a mistake, because I know how to do it very quickly doesnt mean they do so ill talk them through it a time or 2 (im always patient with people who arent dicks because I remember how it was to just be starting out and have limited resources). Trolls in RR I just try to invite them back and give them a dose of there own medicine they very rarely decline the invite back, then I make sure I get the document and go find a swimming pool near Victor's house and swim in circles until they leave always fun to read & listen to the messages they send after that lol.

I vote to kick anybody who uses rockets, besides blowing cash any vehicle that explodes in the garage can set off a secondary that will blow up the documents. 

1 player can clear the garage with a pistol, using RPG's is just dumb 

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

I love all you host who host Rooftop Rumble! I started a new account on Xbl and had to start from scratch.. I decided not to glitch money and play legit...People who keep hosting RR and keep inviting me again and again to help with money and RP are some of the best!...The only frustration I have is when there is no one hosting Rooftop Rumble! Thank You All!! Believe me we lower ranked players are grateful!
  • meatrocket8 likes this

DeMeNs
  • DeMeNs

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

If you play with randoms (and I do often) you must know often there's a stupid. Like IRL. Assume this or don't try to meet people.
  • KimberJane likes this

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

if i'm angered by a retards ( refered due can't even accomplished even simplest task ) , i would TROLL in next mission

c4grafx
  • c4grafx

--TEAM HURE--

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

A. get guys in u know

B. get helo ready

C. wait

D. fly

e. cash in

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

I usually nip round the back, shoot one guy and wait for the runaway to bring the document to me while trying to escape. That's when I solo the mission only. I have had people blitz the garage as you've said. Most times destroying the document. Recently I've had people pick up the document and drive it to the drop off. Only to sit outside the gate and be a dickhead.

Pirate3388
  • Pirate3388

Sofa King Great

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

I always take the random invites and then stand there and do nothing. Its good time to catch up on facebook

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

www.DamnedNation.net

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

The ones that annoy me are the guys who have to carry the document, or forget its a team mission.

I've stopped playing it with randomers. Solo isn't difficult, or sometimes with crew members

I've had people run me over and kill me JUST so they can deliver them it's like they think if they deliver it they'll get more RP or Money or something

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:18 PM Edited by KimberJane, 22 April 2014 - 03:19 PM.

I love all you host who host Rooftop Rumble! I started a new account on Xbl and had to start from scratch.. I decided not to glitch money and play legit...People who keep hosting RR and keep inviting me again and again to help with money and RP are some of the best!...The only frustration I have is when there is no one hosting Rooftop Rumble! Thank You All!! Believe me we lower ranked players are grateful!

That's why I host it as I remember the help I was getting. If I have a spare hour or so.

The ones that annoy me are the guys who have to carry the document, or forget its a team mission.

I've stopped playing it with randomers. Solo isn't difficult, or sometimes with crew members

I've had people run me over and kill me JUST so they can deliver them it's like they think if they deliver it they'll get more RP or Money or something

Lol yeah. I call them the runners. What you should do is just massacre npc's while waiting. Rack up another 500-600 bucks. It soon adds up. 20 RR's later and you're around 12k better off. Soon builds up.

Mrs.NormanReedus
  • Mrs.NormanReedus

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

I sometimes like doing RR on my own, but you get more RP if you do it with others.  :/

I don't even bother trying to be the first to grab the documents. Instead after killing all the professionals I hop in my car and try and be the first to Martin's house, so I can see myself in the cutscene.  :p

Nathan46970
  • Nathan46970

Helper

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Its best to play with friends. Get only a single random guy in the session. Its always better. :p

PJ-147
  • PJ-147

qotd

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

Don't be so tough on the noobs if it's an honest mistake, just make sure they learn from the best Rooftop Rumbler ever.

Could be they play it for the first time, it's possible you know.

I actually shot at the guy driving off with the documents the first time i played it, he just explained to me it doesn't matter for the outcome of the mission and we played it again a few times.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

The only frustration with Rooftop Rumble is the fact that is has completely ruined joining random Contact Missions. There are so many fun missions to play, but practically the only one you'll ever get is Rooftop Rumble. So many people are so desperate for cash in GTAO that they feel the need to run Rooftop Rumble non-stop. It's really sad. 

OP, "KimberJane", if you need cash so badly; get a job. Go work at Burger King a couple of hours every day. You'll earn some money and you can buy cash cards with it. Stop messing up a feature of GTAO because you're desperate for in-game money.

Or, play this boring mission by yourself. We don't need you to "help others cash up and rank up". We'll do okay by ourselves. As long as you don't open up this lame mission for anyone looking for a random mission to join.

I will do what I want thanks. Will open it up for who I want when I want. Also I'm not desperate for money - almost 5m. Oh and a job at BK no thanks.

Ok, how about McDonalds then?

I have to say I agree with the sentiment in Davexen's post.  No one helped me when I was a low level player struggling to rank up or make any cash, so I see no reason to help anyone else, besides race wins seeing as I got help for those as that is the only way to unlock engine mod's now.  Newbies should be doing Simeon and Gerald missions are target practice for higher levels with sniper rifles.  Happened to me so it's only fair to pass that sort of crap onto the current newbies.  Eff the noobs!

Cinobite
  • Cinobite

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

So how do you host RR?

My main guy is lvl 83 and gets it in Random Contact 99% of the time, my second character is lvl 21 and gets RR maybe 10% of the time. 
But when playing my lvl 83 I don;t see anywhere where I can specifically play RR unless it comes up in the "next mission/freemode" choice screen

Also, there's nothing wrong with rockets and nades when they are used properly. I tend to avoid them just because the ammo costs alot

stigger58
  • stigger58

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

Host job -> Rockstar -> Missions -> RR

• Cinobite likes this

A_smitty56
  • A_smitty56

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

What bugs me are these people who get in their slow cars vs in my Entity. 

It's like they want the mission to take longer than it has to. 

I'm guessing they just don't trsut other people, I know I sure as hell don't.

If I'm playing with randoms, I'm definitely taking it myself and driving my own car regardless of what they have, even if they called in a helicopter.

I'd rather get it done in a some what fast matter rather than having to restart the whole damn thing over again because of someone else's carelessness. 

• Cinobite likes this

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:21 PM Edited by SoggyLuke, 22 April 2014 - 05:26 PM.

When i do the mission I usually use the wall as cover, blow up the Fugitives at the entrance with my grenade launcher, then blow up the Gauntlet at the back so it causes a chain reaction and blows up the ones next to it and if the jeeps still there I use one last noob tube. If all goes well (Which it does 9/10) there's only 2 guys left at the Fugative in the middle with the documents. By then my buddy's at the alleyway cleaning up any leftovers if for any reason some don't die and we get away

All in all I get the mission done in around 2-3 mins while also using the offroad track to ramp the pool to save about 20 seconds and its more amusing :D

Worst thing I hate is people who instantly start shooting before I get into cover. Swear the lower ranks and lower KD players have IQ's of goldfish on this game. Seems like it.

If I play solo i use the Merryweather helicopter pickup and call it in before I start shooting. By the time everyone's dead it's landed and I nab it to deliver the documents. Get's the mission done just as fast.

AwesomeJokeGTA
  • AwesomeJokeGTA

GTA Player :D

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

What bugs me are these people who get in their slow cars vs in my Entity. 
It's like they want the mission to take longer than it has to. 

so I guess it would piss you off if I used my bagger

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

All In!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

I keep reading all these posts about RR being the only mission that comes up for them, yet I can barely get 1 person to join the many other fun missions out there whenever I host.  How funny is that?

A_smitty56
  • A_smitty56

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

I keep reading all these posts about RR being the only mission that comes up for them, yet I can barely get 1 person to join the many other fun missions out there whenever I host.  How funny is that?

Try getting someone to join a created race, that's impossible.    I wish R* would raise RP and money even more for other mission, or at lest the more difficult ones to add some diversity.   Same with races, TDM, and captures with a bit more of created game versions.

Keep RR the same amounts for a quick grind, but larger payouts for other game modes and missions. 

Cinobite
  • Cinobite

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

All in all I get the mission done in around 2-3 mins while also using the offroad track to ramp the pool to save about 20 seconds and its more amusing 

It's even quicker if you take the second left, then a left at the T junction, you go down hill a little with and epic right bend, then and epic left bend and then approach madrazo's from the bottom.

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

i dont understand why people using rpgs and call for the helicopter, the reason we play this mission is because it pays out over 18000, why waste a couple grand on rpg ammo and a grand on heli pick up? 

• Ravey Davey, GrottiCollector and Cinobite like this

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

has evolved!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

So little spare time for gaming these days, can't afford to be playing with randoms. Move in, get the job done fast, get out. Randoms IMO just mess it up.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

A couple of guys yesterday didn't want me anywhere near martins when they made the drop off. Kept ramming my jester with their SUV until I drove away, only then did they finish the mission....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users