89 replies to this topic
Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

grinding solo for cash.
invite for fun,randoms make the mission feel fresh when familiarity has bred contempt.

Well put sir. I enjoying giving low levels help in some of the tough and decent paying missions.

Xavierr
  • Xavierr

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

One thing I hate is when I try to do the pistol whip glitch, and some random starts shooting from the spawn point !!

I'm dead 2 seconds later - smack in the middle of the professionals' crossfire

Pardew's Prostate
  • Pardew's Prostate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

The thing that frustrates me about rooftop rumble is the amount of threads that are made on a daily basis.

• gtafan26, stangone50, shadyelf and 3 others like this

123tm123
  • 123tm123

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

wish I could but I still need some people to host it for me until I level up to 75.

ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:01 PM Edited by ModderX, 21 April 2014 - 04:41 PM.

I love doing this and people who host it are amazing people who deserve respect. I've earnt around 500k and I'm rank 60. Thank you Rockstar for this mission. I can afford a Super Diamond and car upgradessss :p

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:17 PM Edited by senormidget, 21 April 2014 - 04:30 PM.

I've been hosting this all day and boy are people sh*t.

Anyone who doesn't follow these rules doesn't get another invite if I'm hosting.

1. don't start shooting until everybody is in position
2. don't blow up the f*cking documents
3. don't use a motorbike and don't use anything without BP tires, you will die
4. don't drive back to madrazos if you don't know the shortcuts and aren't a proficient driver. Every time someone else took the documents in their crappy entity I made a point of beating them to madrazos house in my sultan.
5. If I'm driving, don't get in my car and constantly fire your AP pistol making traffic go crazy, I will outrun the grangers easily, you only need to shoot them if I crash into something and they're right near us
6. Click like, continue and free roam right away
7. don't try to kill me while I'm setting up the next round
  • gtafan26, tfroam, ModderX and 4 others like this

ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

Anyone who doesn't follow these rules doesn't get another invite if I'm hosting.
4. don't drive back to madrazos if you don't know the shortcuts and aren't a proficient driver. Every time someone else took the documents in their crappy entity I made a point of beating them to madrazos house in my sultan.
5. If I'm driving, don't get in my car and constantly fire your AP pistol making traffic go crazy, I will outrun the grangers easily, you only need to shoot them if I crash into something and they're right near us

I've done this a good 10 - 15 times, not using BP tires and I've never had a popped tire problem.

Arazern
  • Arazern

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

it your fault... u can set the mission to invite only instead

its worse when u go to "start quick mission" 

1- 90% will end up being RR

2- even if its set to everyone can join, you get kicked or cuz your lvl 200+ or just cuz they just dont like your nick/character 

So just host your own RR and do it your own 

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

Haven't had this experience with RR, yet, but with Coveted, yeah.

I have yet to meet someone who can actually pilot a cargobob, without flying it into the sea, or a turbine, or ... the ground.

A lot of people also don't seem to realize the container detaches automatically at Madrazo's lock up, thereby failing the mission at the last possible moment.
  • FirstLadyofGTA and Franceska like this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:22 PM Edited by am30, 21 April 2014 - 05:24 PM.

I like how you roll.  Point 1 is one of my main gripes with this mission (aside from not liking the mission).  I never understand why some players start shooting as soon as they spawn.  Are the in a hurry to die?  I I'm in with players who fail on point 1 I have a tendancy to go against point 2.

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:25 PM Edited by The Spook, 21 April 2014 - 05:26 PM.

I only do RR with crew members or alone. I've been on jobs with randoms too many times with some rambo who blows everything up just so everyone fails, and that asshole who runs you over and destroys your PV.

LoA-Phantom
  • LoA-Phantom

CEO of Luxury MotorSport

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

wish I could but I still need some people to host it for me until I level up to 75.

I would host for you but I'm legitimately scared you are gonna bring your cars into the mission

HsvNorfSida62
  • HsvNorfSida62

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

2 rockets and a few auto shotgun rounds and the inside is cleared. I dont mind riding in the heli or driving and I automatically assume when I hit invite from current session that some kind of BS is gonna happen so I dont even get mad. But I do give lower level ranks a chance to make a mistake, because I know how to do it very quickly doesnt mean they do so ill talk them through it a time or 2 (im always patient with people who arent dicks because I remember how it was to just be starting out and have limited resources). Trolls in RR I just try to invite them back and give them a dose of there own medicine they very rarely decline the invite back, then I make sure I get the document and go find a swimming pool near Victor's house and swim in circles until they leave always fun to read & listen to the messages they send after that lol.

• tfroam likes this

rickreim
  • rickreim

Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

I'll tell you like I told Patricia,

You're being hysterical. It's the menopause again. That never happened
  • ParanoiaX and tfroam like this

Kachii
  • Kachii

This isn't even my final form

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

More of my frustrations come with the stupid ai traffic doing a u turn and reversing into me. Rarely do I run into the grenade launcher idiot who spams it destroying the docs
  • GrottiCollector likes this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:50 PM Edited by bikerman3, 21 April 2014 - 05:50 PM.

The one thing I hate about people during this mission is when they start spamming their grenade launchers or their RPG's without giving second thoughts if they're going to destroy the documents.

It's always the low levels.

just don't hit the car where the documents drop and then go pick them up oh here is something else just stay and fight only 4 cars come and they have two people each and if you kill all 4 cars you can have a nice clean drive to drop off the documents don't believe me go try it 

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

I've done this a good 10 - 15 times, not using BP tires and I've never had a popped tire problem.
You're the exception then, saw a guy today driving a gauntlet with three flat tires, he just about got to the cross section near LSC and then died.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

I have no problem with this mission since I play solo, but the only thing that pisses me off is the fact that my character can't tell that I'm telling her to get into my own PV without her walking 50 yards to another vehicle that I wasn't even close to when pressing triangle.

Usually that gives those guys in the SUVs a few free shots on me.

weaklandwarrior
  • weaklandwarrior

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

i really don't like using the rpg since it's $500 a shot, just seems pointless to me when it's so easy to use a gun for RR.

drinkduff
  • drinkduff

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

I've seen people use motocycles and they are faster than the helicopter call down if done right.  The key is the proper driver.44

Let me just say that Random Rooftop rumble players have been getting more and more annoying.  I'm seeing more and more people just join it for the free ride.  They don't even try to win it and want to make you win.  My last one we watched the guy run away.  We told the guy we were leaving and to F-Off then he tried to tell us we'd get bad sport.

So we blew up the document and killed ourselves.  We didn't hit the yellow circle so the game was stuck.  We left.  But the idiot was left to either drive back to the yellow circle to lose or leave the game.

SideStunt
  • SideStunt

"He's covered wars, ya' know."

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

I have no problem with this mission since I play solo, but the only thing that pisses me off is the fact that my character can't tell that I'm telling her to get into my own PV without her walking 50 yards to another vehicle that I wasn't even close to when pressing triangle. Usually that gives those guys in the SUVs a few free shots on me.

I had a similar problem where my guy forgot how to get in a car and just stands still, I have to mash the Y button and move around to finally get in my car, another annoying thing would be the traffic responding to the shots fired by the Granger dudes, they act like chickens that had their heads chopped off and drive around like idiots which may cause you to crash and let the dudes in the Granger get to you. Funniest thing I came across in this mission was that two dudes were messing around before going to Martin, so I joined them, last thing we did was the Rocket Gate Glitch, stuff like that makes the mission more fun.

ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

The AI in one of the Grangers crashed head on into me and died on impact. That was easy :lol:

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:49 PM

I've had a couple of people run me over. I consider them the game's lowest of the low and put them on my "avoid" list in Xbox Live. You can run over me all you want in Freemode (and often do), but it's a mission. Just ignore me if you don't feel like cooperating.

I play this one with randoms a ton - you can't hit the "random mission" on the phone without gettiing this one. Usually, I might get 1 or 2 different missions, but last nignt was 100 percent Rooftop. The key is to let the randoms do their thing, 'cause they're gonna anyway. Oh, want the spot I'm already in so bad that you're pushing me out of the way, dood? Here, take it, it's yours.

And always wait at least 30 seconds before picking up the documents, and never stay and fight the Merriweather guys even though with four people it'd be the smartest thing to do. Sometimes the random will let me ride with them while they deliver the document while I shoot at the bad guys, but most times they have their own ideas as to what's gonna go on.

I was playing with some random a few days ago, and he got the document and called a helicopter. I took off in the car at the same time he got in the copter, and I beat him to Martin's. He was unhappy about that.

Oh, and the "huge explosion" multiple RPG and grenades crowd drives me crazy, since they blow up the documents half the time. I've got a guy in my crew who does this, and I just seethe at him until I'm practically yelling at him on the mic "OK, this time, stand right there and don't do a thing until I say so."

Haha I could do written that, agree on all 100%!
There is also one guy on my friends list that I have to tell to wait in the car and I will do all the shooting.

Also I don't understand why folk don't stick around and kill the four pairs of merry weather guys who come when documents are picked us as quite often the runners get chased down and killed. Just wait a minute or two and get some more RP then take a more casual drive to martins.

Cinobite
  • Cinobite

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

I love RR, great money and RP, and it comes up about 95% of the time when I join a contact mission. I've literally sat there  and joined 8-10 RR on "random" in a row. Even my level 19/20 has been getting a few :D

As for greifers, I did one earlier, just me and some level 199 guy, 1 enemy left and he just stood on the docs expecting me to kill the enemy so he could take the case - like it mattered.

Turned out, I got the kill and the case. He provided no support at all, I had to swap cars twice (no bullet proof tyres at lvl 19), he raced straight to the end point I knew what he was up to. So I parked my car down the road and got out to walk the rest of the way. Sure enough, he mistook a crazy speeding driver for me and detonated a sticky at the drop off (intended for me). I walked in with the case. But a complete prick, there's just no need for it.

I use nades and a GL sometimes, it's not rocket science, nade the cars at the back, the one in the middle has the docs so you leave it alone. Only brainless spray and prayers nade everything.

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:48 AM Edited by One Poor Fool, 22 April 2014 - 12:51 AM.

I always pick up the professionals money and kill NPCs for more, it makes me feel so evil but if you are grinding you might as well grab what you can if you are waiting around for someone else to deliver the document

Ive been coming across a lot of RR trolls recently, one example is the 3 other players on the job just wanted to run me over in their super cars instead of completing the mission, I climbed up on the nearby container  to see if they would continue on with the objective but they surrounded me like rabid dogs chasing a cat up a tree lol

I went downstairs to get a drink and when I returned they were still honking their clown horns at me to coax me down to meet my death under the wheels of a neon green Entity. Just when i was gonna quit out and take the badsport they kicked me from the job so same result!

This is the worst example of RR trolls in my experience, but ive came across many.

These kids are just bored of the game because all they play is RR, if all missions paid out generally the same based on your rank or whatever there might not be problems like this. Ive enough money to last the next few DLCs so i think I can do without spamming this mission a few times every session.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:51 AM

It gets frustrating at first, but if I ever find anyone that knows what they're doing, then I try to invite them again. Most of the time they will keep joining, because they don't feel like hosting it themselves(or they're not a high enough level to have the mission, which is fine by me so long as they know what to do), but they want the money/rp.

IF you can find people that know how to properly beat the mission fast without blowing up the documents, then it is surely much faster than doing it solo, but if not, then yes, it is much better solo.

• Cinobite likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:54 AM

The one thing I hate about people during this mission is when they start spamming their grenade launchers or their RPG's without giving second thoughts if they're going to destroy the documents.
It's always the low levels.

Yes, curse those low levels with their (70) grenade launchers and (100) RPGs!

...yes I'm aware its possible to get them temporarily at low levels.

Davexen
  • Davexen

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:08 AM

The only frustration with Rooftop Rumble is the fact that is has completely ruined joining random Contact Missions. There are so many fun missions to play, but practically the only one you'll ever get is Rooftop Rumble. So many people are so desperate for cash in GTAO that they feel the need to run Rooftop Rumble non-stop. It's really sad. 

OP, "KimberJane", if you need cash so badly; get a job. Go work at Burger King a couple of hours every day. You'll earn some money and you can buy cash cards with it. Stop messing up a feature of GTAO because you're desperate for in-game money.

Or, play this boring mission by yourself. We don't need you to "help others cash up and rank up". We'll do okay by ourselves. As long as you don't open up this lame mission for anyone looking for a random mission to join.

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:26 AM

One thing that frustrates me more than anything, is that like 80 percent of the GTA players still don't know not to aim or shoot anyone.

P.C.M.
  • P.C.M.

Diary Of A Madman

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:22 AM

I can't stand the noobs that go in blazing (but can't shoot for sh*t) before you even move. When I'm doing it with friend's,we take our positions and ambush - never a fight for the documents. If a chopper is called,I wait til it land's and everyone is on board before picking it up and making a run for it myself. Sometimes I (or we) hang around,use our mini guns on the 4 vehicles never taking out someone's personal vehicle in the process. When we do it this way,we race to Martin's and have fun along the way. Pretty simple - noobs don't get it.

When I do it solo,take them all out,park their car's blocking south and west loaded with sticky bombs and jihad those mofo's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users