Photo

Rooftop Rumble Frustrations

89 replies to this topic
KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:51 PM Edited by KimberJane, 21 April 2014 - 01:52 PM.

When you host this job do you ever think to yourself 'I could do this better and faster on my own?'

The last day or so I've been hosting this job to try and help others cash up and rank up, but some of the mentals who join the job and persist on just blowing everything up. For example you know when the case is picked up and those four vehicles come at you, I like to just stand there and shoot the men in the cars, so even when they're dead people just like sending rpg rockets at the cars and theoretically are just blowing up a vehicle.

Then there are the ones who like to blow everything up from the start and would rather grenade the interior of the parking garage rather than using bullets, a lot of times destroying the documents.

So I dunno how many of you are like me and just prefer to do it on your own?

One good thing though about having others on the job is everyone likes to race to the documents, so I let them and instead of hanging around or assisting I like to find npcs and shoot them and take their money, the cops don't come and if you get a good number of npc's you can make another $300-$500, my best is walking away with just under $19,150. May as well make a few extra dollars while waiting for the mission to be completed by some random :)

• ParanoiaX, cunningstunt, Heists and 1 other like this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

get some friends or join a crew. I always call a heli so 2 people always makes it go faster. one gets the docs one gets the heli ready. 

• meatrocket8 likes this

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

get some friends or join a crew. I always call a heli so 2 people always makes it go faster. one gets the docs one gets the heli ready. 

I know all that, but you've totally missed my point - I've said I have been hosting it the last day or so for other randoms to help them rank and cash up.

Shadow_Titan17
  • Shadow_Titan17

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

The one thing I hate about people during this mission is when they start spamming their grenade launchers or their RPG's without giving second thoughts if they're going to destroy the documents.

It's always the low levels.
  • KimberJane, blackwolfred and Heists like this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

I know all that, but you've totally missed my point - I've said I have been hosting it the last day or so for other randoms to help them rank and cash up.

so stop hosting randoms lol 

• meatrocket8, ViceCityBestGame, blackwolfred and 1 other like this

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

I'll join others games, but if I host I normally play on my own. I've been in games where some troll has grabbed the case and then gone driving off round the map.

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

The ones that annoy me are the guys who have to carry the document, or forget its a team mission.

I've stopped playing it with randomers. Solo isn't difficult, or sometimes with crew members

shootingallovertheplace
  • shootingallovertheplace

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

I've hosted this 6 or 7 times it's always interesting.

I've had a few where everyone just stands there waiting for someone to do the mission, and where no one wants to collect the document and do the driving.

The stunt jump nearby nears eradicating as it seems to distract half the players

Vehicles
  • Vehicles

Internet from hell.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

My frustration is when i pistol whipped a npc and the gun fired a shot when hitting the floor causing the npcs to go insane.

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

NUNBUTANOGOODHO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

It's been hit or miss for me.

Sometimes, the second the mission loads, I hear the distant booming of some jackwad who can't wait to blow sh*t up. I'm running to my car to get into a position at the back of the building and most of my armor is gone before I've even fired a shot. All because someone riled up the garage and now they're firing back.

Other times, people will actually take the time to get in their car and get closer to the building. Sometimes they'll even take the time to run over other players on their way (thanks!).

Then again, there are those times where the players are considerate, won't run you over or try to blow up everything in site and we get the job done.

So yeah, it's a mixed bag. I prefer doing the mission with other players but I'll do it alone if it's too nutty.

RAMBONATOR
  • RAMBONATOR

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

When I feel lazy I idle and let others do the work.
  • meatrocket8 and HatsuneSakura like this

Dilkington
  • Dilkington

San Andreas Alternative News Host

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

The last time I joined a Rooftop Rumble, the very first thing that happened was another player getting their RPG out and blowing up my bike. For what reason? They could have targeted the other two personal vehicles but decided instead to only blow up my bike and then run off to do the mission. I've given up with it since then. It seems that the lowest common denominator of players are flocking to Rooftop Rumble intent on irritating everyone.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

What bugs me are these people who get in their slow cars vs in my Entity. 

It's like they want the mission to take longer than it has to. 

• Heists likes this

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

I only do it solo now. 

It pisses me off when people without personal vehicles insist on picking up the document and then driving. 

lilmoonpie
  • lilmoonpie

Sometimes the hammer, sometimes the nail

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

I've had a couple of people run me over. I consider them the game's lowest of the low and put them on my "avoid" list in Xbox Live. You can run over me all you want in Freemode (and often do), but it's a mission. Just ignore me if you don't feel like cooperating.

I play this one with randoms a ton - you can't hit the "random mission" on the phone without gettiing this one. Usually, I might get 1 or 2 different missions, but last nignt was 100 percent Rooftop. The key is to let the randoms do their thing, 'cause they're gonna anyway. Oh, want the spot I'm already in so bad that you're pushing me out of the way, dood? Here, take it, it's yours.

And always wait at least 30 seconds before picking up the documents, and never stay and fight the Merriweather guys even though with four people it'd be the smartest thing to do. Sometimes the random will let me ride with them while they deliver the document while I shoot at the bad guys, but most times they have their own ideas as to what's gonna go on.

I was playing with some random a few days ago, and he got the document and called a helicopter. I took off in the car at the same time he got in the copter, and I beat him to Martin's. He was unhappy about that.

Oh, and the "huge explosion" multiple RPG and grenades crowd drives me crazy, since they blow up the documents half the time. I've got a guy in my crew who does this, and I just seethe at him until I'm practically yelling at him on the mic "OK, this time, stand right there and don't do a thing until I say so."

• KimberJane, Heists and PJ-147 like this

OutrageHash
  • OutrageHash

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

I find it way faster to grenade the inside now that they changed it so you have to kill everyone inside. 4 grenades, one in each front entrance, then two in the back left corner. Should leave only the two people who have the documents standing. Much faster then shooting everyone.

lilmoonpie
  • lilmoonpie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

Most people who have Supers in this mission can't drive them for sh*t and end up wrecking 5,000 times, which keeps the Merriweather guys on your ass. But if I see a guy with a Super, I always think "he's gonna wanna drive." It's like a small-penis complex.

• Heists likes this

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

You seem very helpful and nice but I'm not sure if that's the way to go in Freeroam lobbies....people are rarely grateful.

Strange Town
  • Strange Town

An Exercise in Self Indulgence

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

When someone starts shooting before I get in cover and I lose health in the process.

Never to do this mission with randoms.

• GrottiCollector likes this

modnation
  • modnation

Like this post for chop

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

Most people who have Supers in this mission can't drive them for sh*t and end up wrecking 5,000 times, which keeps the Merriweather guys on your ass. But if I see a guy with a Super, I always think "he's gonna wanna drive." It's like a small-penis complex.

thats why i use my female character and if some noob with no car manages to get the package they will get in my pink entitiy :inlove:

• LambentBunny likes this

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

I'm talking people getting in their rat loaders or the cars in the parking lot.

lilmoonpie
  • lilmoonpie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

I'm talking people getting in their rat loaders or the cars in the parking lot.

Yeah, I had a guy last night who got in one of the Dominators in the parking garage. I'm like "really, dude?" I don't mind the speed as much as the lack of bulletproof tires. I still followed behind and bodychecked an enemy out of the dude's way at one point, earning me quite a shooting at.

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

At least doing Rooftop Rumble with randoms there's only one thing they can get properly wrong: destroying the document.

Try Extradition with someone who hasn't done it before and no mic/headset (he couldn't even hear what I was saying); I'm amazed we finished it but it took nearly half an hour...

Vehicles
  • Vehicles

Internet from hell.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

I usually just shoot the enemies and stay in the garage listening to the radio while browsing the internet.The randoms would have completed the mission when you browse SSASuperAutos.com

Sami Nitro
  • Sami Nitro

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

Overall I prefer doing Rooftop Rumble with randoms rather than solo.  I've had very, very few instances of people being stupid in it.  Even then it's just destroying the documents by accident or bad driving slowing things down.  Other people in the mission also mean I don't have to drive every time, which is fine by me.

Coveted, on the other hand, I can typically do faster on my own than letting randoms do any of the work.

ky1e1792
  • ky1e1792

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

Me and a friend did it in 2 minutes flat yesterday.

Invited 2 more people, one took the chopper and the other ran off with the documents. There's way too many morons to play it with people you don't know.

FrozenInferno
  • FrozenInferno

Heisenberg

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

What I get a kick of is seeing a low level player kill the host in front of Martin's right after the mission is over, then try to rejoin the next RR a few minutes later. The guy is nice enough to host RR for you to make a lot of money and RP, the least you can do is leave him alone for a minute to pull up his phone and deposit his cash before going all free mode crazy.

I also get the ones who like to run you over on the way to the garage, and the ones who will not pick up the documents and do the driving. I once watched three players stand around the documents for about 40 seconds before I finally ran back to the spawn for my car and drove them myself. 

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

You sound like a squeaker the other day. At mission start my Sultan was the only car there with three of us. I think "wtf", grab it, drive to back, kill all, grab the case and he's out back as well. He says no dude we'll go get my car its waaaay faster than this. My mic's still off at this point. His normal sounding friend and him are blathering as they slowly go get the supercar. The not-annoying one says as I'm on the final approach, " Don't worry about it dude, he's already there." Derp.

As Martin finishes talking I turn my mic on and tell him that nobody cares if he has a faster car if it's NOT THERE WHEN THE MISSION STARTS.
  • LambentBunny likes this

r3KK3r
  • r3KK3r

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

grinding solo for cash.

invite for fun,randoms make the mission feel fresh when familiarity has bred contempt.

when encountering document destroyers/joyriders its back to solo for me.

the most effective way for levelling/cash is RR..

R* could easily make a lot of money on cash cards if they choose to nerf/remove RR and covetted.

be thankfull.....

• Ballistic Jello likes this

SaturatedFat
  • SaturatedFat

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

I think the biggest problem with RR is that it's the only contact mission people play now. It's gotten so easy that most people can do it solo, so other players are expendable.

It's also gotten stale, so new ways to make it fun are necessary. 

I personally start by getting in my entity and running over anyone who is idle or has a microphone and is under the age of 18. Then I go to the back, shoot everyone, grab the documents and drive to Martins, ignoring the black SUVs. 

If somebody else grabs the documents and they don't have a fast PV, I run them over, or I run into their car repeatedly to slow them down on the way there. If somebody stays behind doing nothing, I run them over. 

If a host forgets to change the difficulty from normal to hard, I'll run him over twice. 

People will complain about it, but the next time they join the mission they'll do it right. Negative reinforcement works wonders. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users