[WIP|SCR|IV] 1981-1985 Toyota Celica XX/Celica Supra [A60]

5 replies to this topic
Baka San
  • Baka San

80's Hero

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

Another model of mine, which will in time be making it's way into GTA. I've been working on this a bit lately, and progress is good, so I thought I'd post it here.

Anyway, it's a Celica XX, or Celica Supra for the export versions. Initially I will make the JDM variants, and then make export models. I also plan to make other vehicles using this chassis (the normal Celica, Corona coupe and Carina). Here's the modeling thus far:

IewBs6s.png

2i8ItOS.png

pjbJy2e.png

vEw5Q4a.png

• RoadRunner71 and Rocket350 like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:33 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 21 April 2014 - 10:34 AM.

I'm not fan of Japanese vehicles (with some exceptions) but really interesting project nonetheless  :^:

Regarding the Celica, personally I like the 1979-1981 model more, as well as the GT/GTS like this (or whatever is called). It doesn't look that sporty, though.

Qkgwcgh.jpg

Anyway, sorry for the little off-topic  :p

Have you managed to convert test any of the models made with sketchup in GTA IV?

Baka San
  • Baka San

80's Hero

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:07 AM Edited by Baka San, 21 April 2014 - 11:09 AM.

I'm not fan of Japanese vehicles (with some exceptions) but really interesting project nonetheless  :^:

Regarding the Celica, personally I like the 1979-1981 model more, as well as the GT/GTS like this (or whatever is called). It doesn't look that sporty, though.

Qkgwcgh.jpg

Anyway, sorry for the little off-topic  :p

Have you managed to convert test any of the models made with sketchup in GTA IV?

Well, the '79-81 model is known as the MA45 [part of the A40 generation]. I am quite fond of this model too, and I will most likely make one at some point. Here's what the XX version looks like:

car-toyota-celica-xx-02.jpg

And yes, the GTS version you posted looks like an RA64. It's essentially the same as the MA61, but with a shorter front end, as it only has an inline 4, as opposed to the inline 6 of the XX. The normal Celica also is available in that coupe bodystyle, while the XX is liftback only. Once again, I do plan to make the normal Celica along with the XX. And personally, I find both Celica's sporty looking :lol:

I have tested with conversions. I started simple and stuck the bumper of my Trueno onto the Futo, and it worked fine. I've also attempted modifications of the standard GTA vehicles (I added extra chassis detail on the faction, and I'm doing a Hakumai Coupe), which requires exporting models from Sketchup :colgate:

• RoadRunner71 likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for the info, man. Looking forward to see the models ingame :^:

IZ_INC
  • IZ_INC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

Oh yeah 80's celica good luck on that allready looking great .

Rocket350
  • Rocket350

Bucketheadland

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

WOW! Nice job. Hope to see in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users