Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

The explosive jet mg are not OP. http://www.liveleak....=d60_1397673764

They are like that irl.

This isn't real life though is it... This is GTA Online, similarly an MMO type GTA, and with any MMO type game, weapons are re-alligned to bring balance with the evolving game. Maybe some of you just don't understand that concept.

Yeah go cry more.

Looks awesome anyway.

People always get so anal if you even as much as do a fly-by in GTA O.

SaturatedFat
  • SaturatedFat

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

Anyway, with the recent introduction of "Cops Turn Blind Eye" It has become absolutely simple to acquire a Jet & start spawn killing & pretty much breaking lobbies. 

I've never seen a Jet own a lobby let alone break a lobby.

This. Legit level 150. Multiple days of playing time. I don't think I've ever been killed by a jet. 

In fact, unless you're frolicking in an open field, they're so easy to avoid. 

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

9/9/14

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

When i encounter these assholes i just sit on top of the control tower in the base. When they f*ck up or get shot (which they will) they come back and then just pop them when they get in the jet. Gotta love the distance in which you can see vehicles. It's not hard to do as in my experience those who are good in jets are usually complete sh*t at ground combat and cannot counter your sniping.

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

Only thing that needs putting in this game is shoulder fired anti aircraft and anti tank missles that lock on and lock on good, hell yes brother to that !.

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:57 PM Edited by elfoam, 20 April 2014 - 03:58 PM.

PS good video, have you guys ever experienced a fighter jet fly by in real life?. One day years ago walking home from school an F18 came straight over my head randomly at super sonic speeds. I swear I nearly dropped dead from heart failure. Had no clue it was coming and didn't hear or see it until it was gone.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Pizza_Is_Emo
  • Pizza_Is_Emo

Random

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

OP The jets cannons dont even have that much range to them. You littlery want the jets to be nuttered. Because of the jets cannons a low level player who learns how to proplery use a jet can take out a tank. The jet is litterly the only thing low level players have against a tank and you want to take that from them?

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

Op complains about jet griefing.... 5 mins doing what you say people do would end you up in bad sport. Doesn't happen.
Tanks don't pay ins or bs. There's griefing problem. You take the jet away and you've now got rid of the only antitank weapon in the game.
I think op got his ass kicked in a session or two and now things the game should be changed because he either was kept from stealing a jet after he got shot down, or just kept getting shot down.
Jet is perfectly fine the way it is.

Wrong... I am able to avoid Bad sport most of the time with a hard reset & by containing people away from PVs. 

Maybe you should get your knowledge up as you have a severe lack of it as it pertains to this thread.

I cannot even be bothered replying in this thread anymore, haha the replies are f*cking ridiculous, way more stupid than I thought they would be. From the " you must get killed a lot" to a guy who has a K/D of 15+, to the "the jet is fine the way it is" even though it can dominate everything in the game in the right hands, & be repaired & with the cops blind feature, easily acquired. 

Smh. Im out.

"in the right hands"

Exactly. If it was OP, everyone who got a jet would dominate with it.

85%(I'm probably low-balling) of pilots are garbage, so amazing pilots that can "control and break lobbies"(wouldn't happen) are few and far in between.

zakace
  • zakace

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

Do you not realize the reason that nobody flies the annihilator because of how sh*tty those guns are? Would make jets pointless if they we're nerfed.

Plus I hardly ever see anyone flying them about anyway and they're easy to take down with a heavy sniper.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

No, absolutly no, If the jet has the annihillator cannons it would be sh*t ! No one would ever use it and all the people would go back on Tanks ! 

As I said in other threads, not all the people can use the jet, besides It has more counters than a Tank on foot.

ZakMc
  • ZakMc

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

I dont think the jet needs balancing. Its supposed to be badass....its the Tankkiller.

• Ninja_Gear and ten-a-penny like this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

PS good video, have you guys ever experienced a fighter jet fly by in real life?. One day years ago walking home from school an F18 came straight over my head randomly at super sonic speeds. I swear I nearly dropped dead from heart failure. Had no clue it was coming and didn't hear or see it until it was gone.

Yeah a few years ago, it broke the sound barrier and loads of people where shocked lol. That bang.. damn. People though a bomb was exploded somewhere lol.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Op complains about jet griefing.... 5 mins doing what you say people do would end you up in bad sport. Doesn't happen.
Tanks don't pay ins or bs. There's griefing problem. You take the jet away and you've now got rid of the only antitank weapon in the game.
I think op got his ass kicked in a session or two and now things the game should be changed because he either was kept from stealing a jet after he got shot down, or just kept getting shot down.
Jet is perfectly fine the way it is.

Wrong... I am able to avoid Bad sport most of the time with a hard reset & by containing people away from PVs. 

Maybe you should get your knowledge up as you have a severe lack of it as it pertains to this thread.

I cannot even be bothered replying in this thread anymore, haha the replies are f*cking ridiculous, way more stupid than I thought they would be. From the " you must get killed a lot" to a guy who has a K/D of 15+, to the "the jet is fine the way it is" even though it can dominate everything in the game in the right hands, & be repaired & with the cops blind feature, easily acquired. 

Smh. Im out.

"in the right hands"

Exactly. If it was OP, everyone who got a jet would dominate with it.

85%(I'm probably low-balling) of pilots are garbage, so amazing pilots that can "control and break lobbies"(wouldn't happen) are few and far in between.

I even let people get a jet, when i'm in a jet myself. I'm always in for a nice dogfight. However i'm not that much in a jet anymore nowdays. I enjoy fooling around with bikes right now.

Also in a lobby, just bounty them for 1k and then blow them up along with their expensive PV's=no badsport. Most of the time, by the time they get the message that someone has put a bounty on them, they will already be blown sky high. I always come down almost vertically. Hit and run so fast to avoid being hit by snipers.

xRoyalFlush
  • xRoyalFlush

Lazer Jet Streetsweeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:34 PM Edited by xRoyalFlush, 20 April 2014 - 06:44 PM.

Warning TL;DR 

Back in late November when dominating lobbies with the jet was actually something rare to see, I remember saying it needed changing. 

It was too myself and the other pilots from GTA 4 to instantly jump in and started annihilating lobbies, & I said it would only be a matter of time before the rest of the community caught up to an extent. 

Now every lobby I go in, has a guy in a jet with average - Good skill, and every 20 or 30 lobbies a guy who is on par with the top guys on the game in the Jet. which of course means that its almost impossible to actually get in the air, because any pilot who is half decent in the Jet can keep everybody else grounded relatively easily. This is only focused on the Jet, as the amount of skill needed to rack up kills with it is absolutely tiny compared to the helis & thats for another topic. 

Anyway, with the recent introduction of "Cops Turn Blind Eye" It has become absolutely simple to acquire a Jet & start spawn killing & pretty much breaking lobbies. 

It got me thinking the other day what kind of changes does the Jet need to reduce its complete domination right now & bring it more in-line, making it more skillful to use & what other things would need to be changed on various other vehicles to bring more balance in the game. 

In my opinion: 

Guns - The guns need to be changed to the same weapon mounted on the annihilator helicopter (Gatling guns I believe?). Explosive rounds on the Jet are WAY too OP & require almost 0 skill to actually get 100 kills easily, Changing that to the same weapon as the annihilator would still give it the edge in Air to Air combat, but certainly make it more challenging to get Air to Ground kills. Also it would bring back some real dogfighting for once, instead of "the guy behind will win because he can spray n pray for 1 hit"

Defense - So, if the Guns were changed, what would be the logical step? In my opinion, it would be to buff the Jets defense. Yes, I know that Jets are not realistically supposed to be able to take tonnes of damage & should be glass cannons to an extent, But this isn't RAF Online, this is GTA Online, & you have to look at ways to balance the weapons in the game to prevent certain things from being game breaking. I am not talking about a huge defensive increase, but at least make it so that a Heavy sniper doesn't destroy a Jet in 3 shots. If you reduce the damage of the guns, for me you have to balance that with an increase to the amount of damage the Jet can take as to not nerf it completely. 

Lock on Rockets - I don't want to bang on about LoR too much, because quite frankly I think they don't belong in this game online. Great for Single player, but for online they are a joke & need removing from all vehicles ESPECIALLY the buzzard. In my opinion, they should be free aim rockets, with the same time delay restriction to prevent spamming, but you should not have to lock on. For the buzzard, lock on rockets are ruined by cops & other NPCs when trying to target a player.

So, If changes like this were made, what else would you think needs balancing. Personally I think the tank cannon would need changing from a 1 shot to a 2 or 3 shot kill depending on the vehicles. Again, not that I don't want some degree of realism, but 1 shot tanks are too OP & too easily abused. 

I will be trying to bombard R* with ideas for these changes, unlikely as they will ever be to take place, but there's no harm in trying. 

& before the posts of "awww you mad you getting killed by jets" start. My K/D on most of my accounts is a 15+, I have been destroying crews by myself with the Jet & all tanks. I just think its about time things were changed, as the ability to easily rack up kills & see others doing the same is becoming boring, especially not having any dogfights!.

Thoughts?

Edit: didnt even notice the fail title!

About Jets being easier to get, ..Mosin Nagant would oppose.

#ZancudoStillOP #NerfTheSoldiers #SpendMostOfMyTimeInTheMarsh

About the buffs and debuffs: Basically..what you are saying, is you want to make the missles absolutely useless.As a jet pilot..I never use missles at all, so it's fine even if you take them out completely. 

Ignoring your missile statement (because I dont use them or care for them), If you nerf the guns on the Jet..then you are leaving tanks to become overpowered. Let the jets keep their weak paper-like defense..thats the only thing stopping them from becoming overpowered. Letting tanks only blow up cars in 2 or 3 shots is unrealistic as hell..you might as well just be voting for them to be removed altogether like the few others on the forum. 

x420Raptor
  • x420Raptor

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

I just had to come back to this... Some of the unbelievable stupid comments in this thread are mind blowing. 

There is a link to a video I did a while ago, its nothing special. Now there are 1000s of people who can do almost this level of flying in any lobby, not quite as showy, but they can pretty much do the standard swoop & shoot with the jet & because the Gun is SUPER OP, they dont even have to hit the target, anywhere near the target is a kill.

It amazes me you guys dont seem to understand this, those of you who say you have never seen a guy dominate a lobby with a Jet and that it never happens, Add my PSN Wildfire_08 I will glady show any of you anytime what I am talking about. It is so f*cking easy to go 100 & 0 in any lobby, even factoring in mistakes. 

and its not just, thanks to tuts on youtube, and general skill level improvement, its probably got to a point now of 2 out of every 16 players in any lobby I enter are trying to get a Jet, & when they do... sure they might not be amazing pilots, sure they might make mistakes... But they can still rack up kills EASILY. 

Now to my second point, because this was unbelievable to me. The guy who said "people dont fly annihilators because the guns are sh*t" That is the most retarded comment i have ever seen on this forum. 

The guns on the annihilator are fantastic, you just f*cking suck in a heli clearly!!! A good annihilator pilot will beat ANY buzzard most times in a dogfight. The reason people dont fly the annihilator is because they are slow as sh*t, and take a week to turn and aim at your target & they made the separation of the guns wider, making it a little more challenging to hit the target. The actually guns themselves are BEAST, they will take down cars & other aircraft easily!!! and if you actually knew anything about the game you would know that you f*cking moron. 

I love it when people who have no f*cking clue, comment on solutions without actually thinking of the effect it would have, and why it needs changing. Those people who act like every lobby doesnt have a Jet pilot that can rack up kills are nothing short of dillusional and you need to wake the f*ck up. 

Like I said, Ill smack anybody on this forum with the Jet to prove my point, you can add me anytime & when you go 0 - 40, youll see exactly what I mean. Jet cannons are OP as hell, it is an undeniable fact and right now , anybody can kill anybody with the jet. 

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Professonal Why-Wolf

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Give it a rest OP, you sound just like the pilots from BF3 who wanted total air dominance for only them.

ZakMc
  • ZakMc

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:55 PM Edited by ZakMc, 20 April 2014 - 06:55 PM.

1.Have you ever seen the video where a jet a buzzard and an annihilator are all on the ground shooting at a tank ? The annihilator takes like 35+ seconds of shooting at a stationary tank to get it to blow up. Thats why it sucks. back on the the jet....have you ever been around a jet x420 Raptor?? Like a Great American war machine? If you have...you can clearly see why they are so badass in game... However 3 shots from a sniper, youre on the ground again...so you nerf the jet, the tank is the new problem. Leave it the way it is, there is not a problem.

• SimsDaniel916 likes this

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:09 PM Edited by Daimondl, 21 April 2014 - 06:01 AM.

I just had to come back to this... Some of the unbelievable stupid comments in this thread are mind blowing. 

There is a link to a video I did a while ago, its nothing special. Now there are 1000s of people who can do almost this level of flying in any lobby, not quite as showy, but they can pretty much do the standard swoop & shoot with the jet & because the Gun is SUPER OP, they dont even have to hit the target, anywhere near the target is a kill.

It amazes me you guys dont seem to understand this, those of you who say you have never seen a guy dominate a lobby with a Jet and that it never happens, Add my PSN Wildfire_08 I will glady show any of you anytime what I am talking about. It is so f*cking easy to go 100 & 0 in any lobby, even factoring in mistakes. 

and its not just, thanks to tuts on youtube, and general skill level improvement, its probably got to a point now of 2 out of every 16 players in any lobby I enter are trying to get a Jet, & when they do... sure they might not be amazing pilots, sure they might make mistakes... But they can still rack up kills EASILY. 

Now to my second point, because this was unbelievable to me. The guy who said "people dont fly annihilators because the guns are sh*t" That is the most retarded comment i have ever seen on this forum. 

The guns on the annihilator are fantastic, you just f*cking suck in a heli clearly!!! A good annihilator pilot will beat ANY buzzard most times in a dogfight. The reason people dont fly the annihilator is because they are slow as sh*t, and take a week to turn and aim at your target & they made the separation of the guns wider, making it a little more challenging to hit the target. The actually guns themselves are BEAST, they will take down cars & other aircraft easily!!! and if you actually knew anything about the game you would know that you f*cking moron. 

I love it when people who have no f*cking clue, comment on solutions without actually thinking of the effect it would have, and why it needs changing. Those people who act like every lobby doesnt have a Jet pilot that can rack up kills are nothing short of dillusional and you need to wake the f*ck up. 

Like I said, Ill smack anybody on this forum with the Jet to prove my point, you can add me anytime & when you go 0 - 40, youll see exactly what I mean. Jet cannons are OP as hell, it is an undeniable fact and right now , anybody can kill anybody with the jet. 

All right, you're going to start name calling and using that tone, ok I won't participate on this, deal with it yourself.

If they are so OP, why do you use the Jet ? Did you use the jet to get your supposed 15 K/D ratio ? How did you think people felt when you killed them over and over ? Why are you complaining now ? Because you don't want people to have your KD ratio ? You want to be the only good pilot ? Can't stand the idea of someone having better skills ?

I don't know whats wrong with you, but keep that sh*t to yourself and no, the jet won't be nerfed since it's more difficult to use for the average player.

Besides, most people think the Annihilator is not good, since it's too dificult to take down ground or even air targets given the massive size and slow turning, a kid with a RPG or a MG can take you down before you hit them with those guns.

• xRoyalFlush, A Maned Wolf and ZakMc like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

are you kidding me? the only Anti-tank weapon in the game.....AW HELL NAW.

tanks are the ones that needs to be nerfed. not the Lazers.

Rhino:

1. 4 RPG SHOTS to the back. still nothing.
  2. unlimited fire
  3. ridiculous rapid fire/rate of fire
  4. no weapon works against it
  5. easiest "weapon" (PS3) park up here. right stick. aim. R1. Yay. free kill.

Laser:

1. one well-placed shot at the pilot. Goodbye.
  2. cooldown for the missiles
  3. realistic rate of fire #see above
  4. Minigun works wonder against it
  5. ACTUALLY require skills. as someone mentioned before, its easy in open areas. but come to LS downtown. God helps you.

this is Grand Theft Auto Online. not Ace Combat Online. if you want realistic aircraft mechanic then play Ace combat 5 instead. they give you 53 aircraft with 2 fictional ones.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In 12 Step Program

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

op so good
so much pilot
such wow
  • antihero0808 likes this

Hotfuzz128
  • Hotfuzz128

MetalUpYourAss

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

Go play some BF4 if you want to dominate in the sky. Really R* not going to go in depth with air crafts. 

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:52 PM

Go play some BF4 if you want to dominate in the sky. Really R* not going to go in depth with air crafts. 

You know they buffed the buzzard's machine guns so that they're as strong as the annihilator in the 1.12 update, so they are interested in the aircraft and may do more balancing in the future.

bikerman3
  • bikerman3

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

it still takes skill i beat a jet in a buzzard  

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

it still takes skill i beat a jet in a buzzard  

The jet pilot was probably deaf and couldn't hear the lock on warning.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

I think OP is exaggerating a fair bit here.

Definitely. Making the cannons equal to the pieces of crap found on the Annihilator? That would make the jet pointless and worse than the Buzzard. The jet is great how it currently is. The counter to the jet would be simply a sniper rifle. It's very simple to shoot out the engines with a .50 Cal as longs as your not an idiot sniper.

SaturatedFat
  • SaturatedFat

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

All OP's video proves is that it's easy to take out other aircraft and random kids in a field. I maintain the opinion that I have never joined a lobby where I was worried about a jet, or where a jet was dominating everyone. Minigun/Heavy sniper and the thing is out of the air.

Give it up man.. nobody here agrees with you or cares about your K/D. Brag topic failed. 

• Ninja_Gear likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Tanks need to be nerfed.  I have never been able to blow up a tank with the buzzards rockets.  Even after 17 hits.

InfernoRage69
  • InfernoRage69

Teenager

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:13 PM Edited by InfernoRage69, 20 April 2014 - 11:13 PM.

Stealing jets is so easy even with a wanted level. But once I'm out I usually crash trying to kill a player

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:20 PM

The explosive jet mg are not OP. http://www.liveleak....=d60_1397673764

They are like that irl.

That's not a jet. It's the wrath of God striking down on the infidels lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users