Photo

Balancing the Jet & things that should be balanced with it. (warni

57 replies to this topic
x420Raptor
  • x420Raptor

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:44 AM Edited by x420Raptor, 20 April 2014 - 11:45 AM.

Warning TL;DR 

Back in late November when dominating lobbies with the jet was actually something rare to see, I remember saying it needed changing. 

It was too myself and the other pilots from GTA 4 to instantly jump in and started annihilating lobbies, & I said it would only be a matter of time before the rest of the community caught up to an extent. 

Now every lobby I go in, has a guy in a jet with average - Good skill, and every 20 or 30 lobbies a guy who is on par with the top guys on the game in the Jet. which of course means that its almost impossible to actually get in the air, because any pilot who is half decent in the Jet can keep everybody else grounded relatively easily. This is only focused on the Jet, as the amount of skill needed to rack up kills with it is absolutely tiny compared to the helis & thats for another topic. 

Anyway, with the recent introduction of "Cops Turn Blind Eye" It has become absolutely simple to acquire a Jet & start spawn killing & pretty much breaking lobbies. 

It got me thinking the other day what kind of changes does the Jet need to reduce its complete domination right now & bring it more in-line, making it more skillful to use & what other things would need to be changed on various other vehicles to bring more balance in the game. 

In my opinion: 

Guns - The guns need to be changed to the same weapon mounted on the annihilator helicopter (Gatling guns I believe?). Explosive rounds on the Jet are WAY too OP & require almost 0 skill to actually get 100 kills easily, Changing that to the same weapon as the annihilator would still give it the edge in Air to Air combat, but certainly make it more challenging to get Air to Ground kills. Also it would bring back some real dogfighting for once, instead of "the guy behind will win because he can spray n pray for 1 hit"

Defense - So, if the Guns were changed, what would be the logical step? In my opinion, it would be to buff the Jets defense. Yes, I know that Jets are not realistically supposed to be able to take tonnes of damage & should be glass cannons to an extent, But this isn't RAF Online, this is GTA Online, & you have to look at ways to balance the weapons in the game to prevent certain things from being game breaking. I am not talking about a huge defensive increase, but at least make it so that a Heavy sniper doesn't destroy a Jet in 3 shots. If you reduce the damage of the guns, for me you have to balance that with an increase to the amount of damage the Jet can take as to not nerf it completely. 

Lock on Rockets - I don't want to bang on about LoR too much, because quite frankly I think they don't belong in this game online. Great for Single player, but for online they are a joke & need removing from all vehicles ESPECIALLY the buzzard. In my opinion, they should be free aim rockets, with the same time delay restriction to prevent spamming, but you should not have to lock on. For the buzzard, lock on rockets are ruined by cops & other NPCs when trying to target a player.

So, If changes like this were made, what else would you think needs balancing. Personally I think the tank cannon would need changing from a 1 shot to a 2 or 3 shot kill depending on the vehicles. Again, not that I don't want some degree of realism, but 1 shot tanks are too OP & too easily abused. 

I will be trying to bombard R* with ideas for these changes, unlikely as they will ever be to take place, but there's no harm in trying. 

& before the posts of "awww you mad you getting killed by jets" start. My K/D on most of my accounts is a 15+, I have been destroying crews by myself with the Jet & all tanks. I just think its about time things were changed, as the ability to easily rack up kills & see others doing the same is becoming boring, especially not having any dogfights!.

Thoughts?

Edit: didnt even notice the fail title!

• Arya35 likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:08 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 20 April 2014 - 12:10 PM.

Hell no. It should just stay like it is right now. I still like to own the sky once in a while.

• ZeusMowat_278, poklane, 2281 and 3 others like this

arziben
  • arziben

✈::::::: pew pew pew

• Members
  • France

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

yup, jets need balance, but not in the way you think they do

all aircraft need an increase in range for the canons/miniguns

• Gaffa, Ninja_Gear, Governator and 3 others like this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

yup, jets need balance, but not in the way you think they do

all aircraft need an increase in range for the canons/miniguns

And an armour buff.

• ten-a-penny and -Velox like this

xSplodge-
  • xSplodge-

<InsertMemberTitleHere>

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

Hell no. It should just stay like it is right now. I still like to own the sky once in a while.

couldnt agree more!
  • Ninja_Gear and havingfunz like this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:16 PM Edited by Malibu454, 20 April 2014 - 12:20 PM.

Just let the guns on the ground lock onto it.
Someone really quick and good with the sniper can disable a Lazer now. A couple good shots in the engines and that things smoking and ready to be ditched...
I say leave things how they are., or let the blind eye not apply to the military. Which if you accidentally nail the guard in the head with your wing while taking off, you still get instant 5 stars anyway.

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:21 PM Edited by JiNX77, 20 April 2014 - 12:23 PM.

rWa92YB.gif

So take away all the good things about combat aircraft and eliminate any need to have them as assets in the game.

• SonofLosSantos likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

So take away all the good things about combat aircraft and eliminate any need to have them as assets in the game.

OP is butthurt for not being the only guy in a jet anymore. And i feel that the butthurt is strong on this one.

• havingfunz likes this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Facade Corp. Human Resources

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

GTA is easymode. just deal wit it

Cake* Games
  • Cake* Games

A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:34 PM Edited by Cakelover21, 20 April 2014 - 12:35 PM.

Well to use a jet in the open desert of Blaine County takes no skill. In LS though you have to get to know the area memorize where what building is and look out for trees. The jets don't need nerfing at all. Around the skyscrapers of Los Santos they are pretty difficult to maenouver in full speed.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

CrazyDog150
  • CrazyDog150

Click-Clack Bang!

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:40 PM Edited by CrazyDog150, 20 April 2014 - 12:43 PM.

2-3 shot Tanks depending on the Vehicle?
Are you kidding me?

At first you say Jets should be realistic,more Armor for the Jet.
And then Tanks should 3 shot a Car?!
  • havingfunz likes this

rotnude
  • rotnude

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

Can you say op has retarded logic.
  • Ninja_Gear, ten-a-penny, A Maned Wolf and 1 other like this

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

OP is butthurt for not being the only guy in a jet anymore. And i feel that the butthurt is strong on this one.

Sorry, I didn't think I would have to point out my sarcasm.

I am anti-OPs stance. The only changes I would make would be to add range to the cannon, add armor and add lock on to tanks. 

• ten-a-penny and Cake* Games like this

ENZ0
  • ENZ0

Member Title

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

The explosive jet mg are not OP. http://www.liveleak....=d60_1397673764

They are like that irl.

x420Raptor
  • x420Raptor

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

No thats not true, nor is it a fair assessment. Keep the amateur trolling to a minimum, its boring. 

I want there to be sustained dogfights in the air, I want it to be exciting when you come up against another Jet, and to be challenging when you are trying to shoot down people on the ground, or shoot down tanks. 

Right now it is embarrassing how easy it is to dominate lobbies with the jet, its not fun, its boring. dogfights are boring because the guy im chasing is dead in less than 2 seconds of getting within range of him.

As for the guy who said the range needs increasing... Thats a good suggestion, IF the guns are reduced. but right now, it would be a terrible idea to increase the range of those explosive round guns. They are already too OP, anybody who wants to increase the domination of the jet is frankly nothing short of an idiot.

UltimateAntic
  • UltimateAntic

PSN: "Okannetje"

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

Snipers can already disable Lazors, and when it loses it's explosive cannons then it's pretty much useless against tank. And most Lazor pilots that try to kill me use missles anyway so it's not like anybody can instantly start spawn-killing when they find themselves a jet.

x420Raptor
  • x420Raptor

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

The explosive jet mg are not OP. http://www.liveleak....=d60_1397673764

They are like that irl.

This isn't real life though is it... This is GTA Online, similarly an MMO type GTA, and with any MMO type game, weapons are re-alligned to bring balance with the evolving game. Maybe some of you just don't understand that concept.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

if you're getting spawnkilled by jets you obviously suck

sure a jet surprising you can kill you in seconds with those exploding rounds

but once you respawn he has to re-align to aim which you gives you plenty of time to pull out your sniper rifle and take him out

jets are kind of weak if you ask me

x420Raptor
  • x420Raptor

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

if you're getting spawnkilled by jets you obviously suck

sure a jet surprising you can kill you in seconds with those exploding rounds

but once you respawn he has to re-align to aim which you gives you plenty of time to pull out your sniper rifle and take him out

jets are kind of weak if you ask me

Lol are you mental? I am not getting spawn killed by Jets... My K/D is over 15 , does it look like im getting spawn killed by anything?...

As for snipers, Heavy sniper can do great damage to a Jet, yes... But it will not kill the pilot (providing hes not a scrub). I have never been shot down by a HS & it wont happen, because I can spawn kill within 1-4 seconds of you respawning, depending on location etc & when I see heavy smoke damage, I can go do the repair glitch, or get  a new Jet. 

You obviously have not come across the lobbies I come across, & people dont seem to be able to read or something, I never said weaken the guns by themself & do nothing else, I also said increase the defense with a gun nerf, as it would balance it more. & I stated that with that,you would need to reduce the potency of the tank, as the Jet is the main tank killer right now, so a less potent Jet would need a less potent tank, which would also help to stop the horrendous tank griefers. 

SCS_Skreamies
  • SCS_Skreamies

Fiji

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

Nothing about the jet needs to be balanced. If you can take it down with 10 sniper shots then there is no problem.

Seems that you have just been killed by it too many times.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

Op complains about jet griefing.... 5 mins doing what you say people do would end you up in bad sport. Doesn't happen.

Tanks don't pay ins or bs. There's griefing problem. You take the jet away and you've now got rid of the only antitank weapon in the game.

I think op got his ass kicked in a session or two and now things the game should be changed because he either was kept from stealing a jet after he got shot down, or just kept getting shot down.

Jet is perfectly fine the way it is.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

x420Raptor
  • x420Raptor

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

Op complains about jet griefing.... 5 mins doing what you say people do would end you up in bad sport. Doesn't happen.

Tanks don't pay ins or bs. There's griefing problem. You take the jet away and you've now got rid of the only antitank weapon in the game.

I think op got his ass kicked in a session or two and now things the game should be changed because he either was kept from stealing a jet after he got shot down, or just kept getting shot down.

Jet is perfectly fine the way it is.

Wrong... I am able to avoid Bad sport most of the time with a hard reset & by containing people away from PVs. 

Maybe you should get your knowledge up as you have a severe lack of it as it pertains to this thread.

I cannot even be bothered replying in this thread anymore, haha the replies are f*cking ridiculous, way more stupid than I thought they would be. From the " you must get killed a lot" to a guy who has a K/D of 15+, to the "the jet is fine the way it is" even though it can dominate everything in the game in the right hands, & be repaired & with the cops blind feature, easily acquired. 

Smh. Im out.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

I never said you were being spawn killed

i was talking in general, any1 who's getting spawnkilled by jets sucks

I've had some battles with pretty good pilots and usually just standing under an awning or close to a tall building prevents them from getting a clear shot

antihero0808
  • antihero0808

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:41 PM Edited by antihero0808, 20 April 2014 - 01:43 PM.

They only thing wrong with the jet it that the rockets don't lock on to tanks. 

Any self respecting player can escape a jet. I've been killed by them but I've never been spawn killed. Hiding from them or watching their approach and dodging the attack isn't a problem. If you do happen to be stuck somewhere then sniping it as it turns isn't hard either. 

I expect you'll be offended by this but I'm gonna guess your 15+ K/D is mostly from a tank and you're butthurt that people have learnt how to blow up your tank with a jet. 

If I'm wrong and you do have a legit 15+ K/D then why the hell are you worried about the comparatively minuscule amount of deaths you must get from other jets?

EDIT: Also I've had some great drawn out battles with other jet pilots using lock on, it's not that hard to dodge a missile but when you make a mistake you're screwed. Makes dogfights a lot of fun!

The idea of free aim missiles is ridiculous against jets!! You'd never hit anything!!

• ten-a-penny and SCS_Skreamies like this

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

This thread... why?
You do realize that you have to get like 75m close to actually have the cannons do something. In that time you can happily be engaged by MG, combat MG, Minigun and sniper fire. Even the standard sniper can take it out with 15-20 shots. A hard reset to avoid bad sport? Also sounds like a fair deal to me, the pilot is forced to leave the lobby after all, right?

It DOES take skill to kill people on the ground without getting killed within 5 min. Be it kiddos who stall while slamming the brakes or people who just fy straight after engaging, making themselves an easy target. I have never, ever eyperienced one lazer pilot killing me two times in a row.
It' all fair matey mate.
  • ten-a-penny, SCS_Skreamies, A Maned Wolf and 2 others like this

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

i agree 100 percent.

the last time they edited online in any way, we were up in arms.

the only ONLY thing i want them to change is a slight grip increase for muscle cars. just a little.

and maybe a few more car upgrades that improve grip or speed rather than just acceleration and a touch of breaking.

Franceska
  • Franceska

You look up to me like I'm a pizza on the roof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

Just let the guns on the ground lock onto it.
Someone really quick and good with the sniper can disable a Lazer now. A couple good shots in the engines and that things smoking and ready to be ditched...
I say leave things how they are., or let the blind eye not apply to the military. Which if you accidentally nail the guard in the head with your wing while taking off, you still get instant 5 stars anyway.

A well placed shot, can take out a pilot no matter what.  I have brought down a few jets (not that easy) with a well placed snipe shot. 

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:27 PM Edited by Vooodu, 20 April 2014 - 02:28 PM.

Anyway, with the recent introduction of "Cops Turn Blind Eye" It has become absolutely simple to acquire a Jet & start spawn killing & pretty much breaking lobbies. 

I've never seen a Jet own a lobby let alone break a lobby.

SonofLosSantos
  • SonofLosSantos

Nigga, you a crash dummy!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

this reminds me of the other day when i was playing, me and my friends were drifting at the airport and some dude with a fighter jet came out of nowhere trying to blow us up. after he flew around and got a little lower, i pulled out the heavy sniper. i didnt expect to hit him, but BAM! caught a headshot on him...

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

I think OP is exaggerating a fair bit here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users