Should I sell my PS4?

31 replies to this topic
WesternMotorcycleCo.
  • WesternMotorcycleCo.

Western Motorcycle Company Cruisers

• WMCC
  • Ireland

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

Got a PS4 for Christmas as a surprise. I was delighted at the time but that meant I had no money for other things (gym membership, going out etc.) The only game I have/play is BF4 as that's all that interests me at the moment but I've gotten sick of it and I haven't even bothered renewing my PS+ membership. Not a lot of games really grab my attention so the only reason I'd keep the PS4 is for GTA6 (5 years away) and I'm sure there might be 2 or 3 other games worth buying over the next few years. Also, I don't have €60 to be spending on games and even if I did, I'd probably rather spend it on something else.

I can get about €400 if I sell it with BF4, maybe even a bit more so I'm not losing out on much money. I'd rather have money to spend on useful things than a console gathering dust. I could always come back in a few years and buy a PS4 when the price has dropped. 

Any opinion/advice on what to do? Is it worth keeping right now?

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

Go with your heart. If I were in your shoes, I'd sell it. Like you say, there isn't much of a variety of games as of now, but if GTA VI came out the console would be as cheap as a PS3 today. Save monies :^:

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

If Watch Dogs, Arkham Knight and/or Phantom Pain don't catch your interest, I dunno what will.

• lazy. likes this

Andrew1980
  • Andrew1980

Rat

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:22 AM

^^He can get Watch Dogs in PS3..What is the difference? Better graphics? I don't think that'd justify spending shi*load of money if you need to use it for something more important.

I'd say sell it for time being .. in 2 or 3 years.. more games will be released.. 

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

^^He can get Watch Dogs in PS3..What is the difference? Better graphics? I don't think that'd justify spending shi*load of money if you need to use it for something more important.

I'd say sell it for time being .. in 2 or 3 years.. more games will be released.. 

Better AI. More profiles. It's not only about the graphics.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

Maybe he's not into Watch_Dogs.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

That's true. But f*cking Batman, dude!

WesternMotorcycleCo.
  • WesternMotorcycleCo.

Western Motorcycle Company Cruisers

• WMCC
  • Ireland

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

To be honest, I don't look at many game trailers or anything so I don't know how good some games might be which is probably why I never bother to buy them. Could be a good or bad thing depending on how you view it. t

Watchdogs, graphics are amazing, the little gameplay footage I saw didn't look like anything special. Not for me.  The Division looks like a game for me but I'm not excited for it, probably wouldn't even buy it unless I could get a good deal. Think I'm just losing interest in games. 

GTA DUDE05
  • GTA DUDE05

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

To be honest, I don't look at many game trailers or anything so I don't know how good some games might be which is probably why I never bother to buy them. Could be a good or bad thing depending on how you view it. t

Watchdogs, graphics are amazing, the little gameplay footage I saw didn't look like anything special. Not for me.  The Division looks like a game for me but I'm not excited for it, probably wouldn't even buy it unless I could get a good deal. Think I'm just losing interest in games. 

Seems like you're getting old and you are losing interest in gaming......

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

^Then the problem's with you, not the console.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

Well you can sell it now and buy one a few years later when they're a lot cheaper.

I don't see the harm in keeping it, unless you need/want the money now for something else.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

Yes, sell it and then buy an Xbox One.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

Why sell it and pay more for a lower powerful machine?

Titanfall is already dead. Haven't seen many people talk or even post about Titanfall anymore. 

Halo is going to get destroyed by 343

That's all their good exclusives they have. 

To OP you're losing interest in games. Don't worry it happens to all of us. Time for you to expand your gaming with next gen. Buy games you usually wouldn't buy. Who knows you might have a new favorite. 

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

Unless you want to miss out on upcoming games that look very promising, or you're slowing down on gaming lately.. don't do it

If you're short on money or something then go ahead, otherwise it wouldn't be a great idea, just my opinion though.

BlackFlagged
  • BlackFlagged

Reference Hunter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

If I were you I'd get a PC. PC games are cheaper than console and there are massive savings on games in steam sales (thanks to our supreme overlord and epic savior Gabe Newell). X-Box have had the traditional 3rd console flop. PS4 you have said you are lacking interest in, coupled with unreliability. Nintendo are dead. Stepping into different systems is not safe. PC gaming is good because of the fact that, you basically have the same games as consoles and more, it has a better comunity (i.e. not 9 year olds on headsets whispering curse words so their parents don't hear them) and you don't need a damn Kinect. 

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:28 AM

Next off topic post gets a warning.

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:29 PM Edited by LilMcJohn, 21 April 2014 - 05:29 PM.

Hell no. You'll regret selling it trust me. PlayStation Now is coming this summer and your going to be able to rent PS2, PS3 games for like 10 bucks. I mean, I wouldn't definitely sell mine after all the trouble I went through on black friday. Then they're pretty much out of stock everywhere and when their in stock they're gone in like 2 days.... When a game comes out this year that you like and you don't have your Ps4 your going to resort to ebay (buy a overpriced PS4) or just wait until next year.  Trust me a lot of games haven't had their released dates announced so their are still plenty more games on the way. 

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:33 PM Edited by SuperDuperGta, 21 April 2014 - 05:35 PM.

Hmmm, personally I wouldn't sell it because I know I'd be buying it again in a year perhaps.

Google Project Morpheus, the only thing to be excited about with next gen.

If you're into Assassins Creed (which I've found boring because off too much rinse and repeat) then get watch dogs

Next off topic post gets a warning.

lol, have you seen the GTAO forum?

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

If you already have the console, I wouldnt' sell it now if you were just going to buy it again later. Yes, I know you could use the money for gym memberships and such. But I would never sell anything, if your just going to go purchase it again. As soon as you do sell it for a loss, something would grab your attetion to interest you in it again. Thats always how it works usually, not with just consoles but with everthing. Also set a cloth over your console so it doesn't gather dust as much.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

You would be a new kind of stupid to actually sell the console now. It won't hurt having it already.... it's only going to be cheaper to have it now and be able to get the 'awesome games' along the way then to sell it and buy the console itself again once the games you want start coming out.

And by the way: the free games you get with PSN+ are also worthwhile so. Be sure to check out upcoming PS4 games aswell.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:51 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 21 April 2014 - 06:58 PM.

Fullmetal nailed it,

Free games with PSN is a way you can save money. $60 a year if I'm not mistaken, and just live off the free games until your financial situation levels out. And I don't think the PS4 is dropping in price anytime soon, it's already fairly priced, unlike how the PS3 was.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 21 April 2014 - 08:24 PM.

Sell it, buy it again when gta VI comes out. Will be cheaper by then and you might have more money. Five years is a long time.

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• The Connection
  • France

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

I've considered this myself lately, but with Watch_Dogs out next month I'm holding off. Not to mention all the rest round the corner..I'll only end up regretting it in the long run, and I'll be down financially when I inevitably buy it again. 

DJ Arrt
  • DJ Arrt

Dreamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

That's true. But f*cking Batman, dude!

f*ck Batman  :colgate:

OP: I would sell it if I were you, and invest in something nice. :p

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:03 AM Edited by Killerdude8, 22 April 2014 - 12:03 AM.

Sell it, Buy a 360 or PS3 and enjoy a massive library of already proven to be great games.(or buy something else you're interested in Car? Women? Drugs?)

Try PS4 again in a year or so when Games have come out and the Price drops.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:47 AM

If I were you I'd get a PC. PC games are cheaper than console and there are massive savings on games in steam sales (thanks to our supreme overlord and epic savior Gabe Newell). X-Box have had the traditional 3rd console flop. PS4 you have said you are lacking interest in, coupled with unreliability. Nintendo are dead. Stepping into different systems is not safe. PC gaming is good because of the fact that, you basically have the same games as consoles and more, it has a better comunity (i.e. not 9 year olds on headsets whispering curse words so their parents don't hear them) and you don't need a damn Kinect.

Can we not have a single thread WITHOUT starting a console war or PC Vs Console argument? :p

Anyway, OP, sell it, you'll get a good price for it now as it's still in high demand, if there's really nothing that takes your interest in the upcoming year, then you might as well get rid, only advice I could give is at least wait until E3 (which is just over a month away) to see what Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo are bragging about and what surprise games they have to show, if nothing jumps out to you there, sell it.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:06 AM

Just noticed he said he got it for Christmas. You can't sell it. That's f*cked up.
  • esmittystud101 and Guelah Papyrus like this

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• The Connection
  • France

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:10 AM

I sell my Christmas gifts all the time. It's what eBay was made for. 

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:18 AM

Learn to appreciate gifts, you heartless bastard. :(
  • Killerdude, esmittystud101, Guelah Papyrus and 1 other like this

Reaper Madness
  • Reaper Madness

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:36 AM

You don't sound like you're a big gamer. I'm heavily into gaming and I don't even own a PS4 yet. Sounds to me that you're better off selling it if you need the money that badly. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users