Photo

Sniper Elite 3

42 replies to this topic
Troubadour
  • Troubadour

God Is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:31 PM Edited by AiraCobra, 05 July 2014 - 01:06 AM.

If you are going to reveal spoiler or scenes within the game please use a spoiler to not ruin it for those who haven't played it yet.

Thanks

Yes i know this is kind of old news but it's new to me and there are some new articles that have been written within the last 2 to 3 months and i'm not sure if anybody else hasn't heard about it and i didn't find any other threads about it so please don't jump on me if there is just point me in the right direction

I didn't even realize they were making it until i saw the cutout at Gamestop the other day.

But is anybody else kind of excited about this?

I just finished Sniper Elite V2 the other day when i went into GS and realized that the 3rd one was going to be released soon.

Anybody else plan on getting it?

There is some information below for those who'd like to know a little about it

Sniper Elite 3 will release on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on July 1, 2014 505 Games has announced. A PC release date has yet to be confirmed.

It also isn't clear whether or not this applies to the UK. July 1 is a Tuesday, suggesting that this could be the North American date. If so, expect the UK release to follow a few days later on July 4.

Pre-order customers will also receive access to an exclusive 'Hunt The Grey Wolf' mission that sees players infiltrating the "ancient streets and crumbling rooftops of the German-held town of Tobruk" to hunt down Hitler's body double.

"Featuring an expansive open environment, and randomized target identities, journals and locations, no two playthroughs will be the same," says 505. "The question is – can you tell fact from fiction, the real target from the double?"

Here's the trailer

Here are some other articles i found retaing to the game.

I'll put them in spoilers in case people don't want to know.

Sniper Elite 3 is an unspectacular and shamelessly entertaining sequel

02/06/14

Spoiler

Sniper Elite 3's kill cam has next-gen testicles

02/08/14

Spoiler

Charlie Brooker has a role in Sniper Elite 3

04/17/14

Spoiler

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:26 AM

Sniper Elite V2 was fantastic.

if 3 is anything like it, I'll buy.

I never played the original though.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:37 AM

I never did finish Elite V2, not that it wasn't fun or anything.. just got bored with it, fast.

I'm not a fan of 3 taking place in Africa though.. I wish the environment was different.. but if I ever move onto Next Gen, I may get this once the price is dropped. Elite is fun but not worth full price.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:45 AM

I played V2's demo. I totally loved it, still haven't picked up the full game, though. :lol:

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

The gameplay I had seen showed alot of improvements over the Sniper Elite 2 (which was great, fun... but lacking in many ways to keep you coming back).

Never finished the game aswel. Gameplay is fun... but made a huge mistake starting my playthrough on the hardest difficulty. Stuck now (and due to not having all that great control, no shoulder switching, all the weapons but the sniper rifles are useless,...).

Gonna get it for sure tho :p.

• Daz likes this

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:35 AM

I played V2's demo. I totally loved it, still haven't picked up the full game, though. :lol:

You can get the digital copy pretty cheap.

Just watch for sales on digital copies of whatever console you use i picked mine up for $9.99 when they were having a sale.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:30 PM Edited by gtamann123, 21 April 2014 - 08:30 PM.

I watched a video on this a while back. While I have never played any of the Sniper Elite games this does intrigue me. I actually like the setting and think it's a good change of pace for a WW2 shooter. The only other game I recall taking place during the Africa campaigns was COD 2 I'm going to keep an eye on this for a PC release date. 

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

Saw this today: http://www.joystiq.c...-snipe-himself/

Pretty f*cking jokes, I might actually get this one, I am not sure why I never got the previous title, probably too much stuff out at the time. But I played the hell out of the demo.

Co-op should be in every game, no exception, so I can't wait for this.

Hopefully the plan for Sniper Elite 4 would be Vietnam.

Now that I would pay a sh*tload for.

• FullMetal and lolleroz like this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

First one was too scripted and buggy (With no further patches released nor any fan patches that could have made it a much needed refinement).

Second was cool, but not as long and varied in missions as the first one, graphics were right though.

My sole complaint with Sniper elite is that it holds a great deal of potential, but the concept is not put to the best use as the first one got along with a great deal of challenging missions, that got ruined by a lot of scripted events and bad spawning system.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

Hopefully the plan for Sniper Elite 4 would be Vietnam.

DONT NO... ITS BEEN TOO LONG SINCE WE HAD A GOOD VIETNAM WAR GAME!  

My peepee would f*cking explode bro. They could pull that one off f*cking awesomely. Good 3d person controls (switching shoulders, fluent cover mechanics, good shooting mechanics for things other than sniper rifles. A bit along the way of GZ's would be perfect).

Co Op sniping game set in Vietnam with hybrid Ground Zeroes/Sniper Elite gameplay... = bye bye peepee that exploded due to sheer awesomeness and overly anticipation.

• Daz, lolleroz, GunWrath and 1 other like this

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

Release date is June 27th

If you pre-order it on Steampowered YOU CAN GET IT FOR 20% off & you get a free Hitler DLC

https://store.steamp...snr=1_702_7__13

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:36 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 04 June 2014 - 06:37 PM.

To those who want the 2nd one:

Go get it from steam, its free today only.

GTA DUDE05
  • GTA DUDE05

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:45 PM

Sniper Elite V2 100% Free On Steam - TODAY ONLY!!!!

Sharing a little freebie I ran across today. Just load up your steam client or go to the steam page and find the store page for Sniper Elite V2. Click install. It's yours forever absolutely free. Hurry up - this is good for today onl

http://steamcommunit...707733239233817

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

You were beaten by Claude by a mile man.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:38 AM

ODtep7O.gif

:panic:

• Shadow_Titan17 likes this

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:17 AM

Ouch...

Andrew1980
  • Andrew1980

Rat

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

Today is the day! Waiting for the postman  :devil:

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Gonna get it later on along with COH2: Western Fronts. WW2 games... now if Battlefield or some other franchise would pop up and make a semi realistic, awesome fast paced addictive and super legit WW2 FPS???

Why So Serious
  • Why So Serious

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

Gonna get it later on along with COH2: Western Fronts. WW2 games... now if Battlefield or some other franchise would pop up and make a semi realistic, awesome fast paced addictive and super legit WW2 FPS???

"cough" bad company 2"cough"

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:24 PM

Bad Company 2 only had 1 WW2 level.

The rest are modern.

• DOOM! likes this

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

This game is awesome. Great game to play in summer and before tlou remasterd and destiny coming. Also great to see that this game support 3d. The 3d is not the best but it's neat.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Midnight Wanderer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

I've been waiting for this game for a while. I still have Sniper Elite 2 on my HDD.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

Ok officially this is what I hyped up for with Sniper Elite 2 (although that game was not that bad... I got excited way too much for it and didn't live up to how the devs hyped it).

THIS game however is more of the same, more of what they promised and it delivers like a boss. Singleplayer (3d level or something in) is epic. Super big levels with a good mix of linear and open world approach. You can play however you want it and you have enough 'toys' at your disposal to take on any situation that may lie ahead/occur.

Mutliplayer and co operative modes also seem really f*cking fun for the short time that I played it. Altho as with any 'sniper only' focussed game... the multiplayer is full of f*cking coward ass retards who camp and especially in this game camp with their sights set at your spawn points (and I also noticed spawns weren't random enough. In a game like this with 'big enough' maps it should have totally randomised spawns so you CAN counter these inbred coward dickbreath campers who are too afraid to die in a f*cking videogame due to their lack of skill.

TL;DR version: Buy this sh*t, it's the bomb. Get it on PC especially tho for sure. Runs like a dream like last game did. Rebellion did an outstanding job!

• Andrew1980 likes this

Andrew1980
  • Andrew1980

Rat

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

^^ Agree with you. Playing this game now as slow as I can!

Exploring every inch of each chapter and killing every Nazi I see. I don't want this game to finish, so no rush here!  :lol:

A side point, 505 games support is absolutely brilliant. I had a bug issue in one of the chapters, they solved it right away. Their reply was super fast! 

• FullMetal likes this

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

I have to say that the AA is very well done. The african sand looks incredible. Almost no edgies. Next gen may not revolutionary so far but no edgies especially in big open level based games like this is a big plus.

Krinn_
  • Krinn_

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:03 PM Edited by Krinn_, 02 July 2014 - 07:04 PM.

How's the optimization ?

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:31 AM

Just watched the totalbiscuit review.

I really like the use of the relocate idea, it makes it far more realistic for actual realistic sniper mechanics and being able to cover the sound of your shots.

Anyone tried the co-op yet?

Still not sure if I should wait until it goes cheaper.

• FullMetal likes this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:42 AM Edited by FullMetal, 03 July 2014 - 08:42 AM.

Ok this game's multiplayer sucks balls and has already been ruined within a week. On PC atleast nothing but campin' cowering fagtards who get spawnkill shots on you or are either lucky by hiding ALL OF THE TIME.

Lucky for them they even set up their servers so you can't use SMG's to stalk them. Seriously... thanks alot you 90% of the retard inbred players who still think sniping is all about the "skillful art of camping in one spot and racking as many kills as possible no matter how sh*tty the shots because you can't aim for crap and you can't properly relocate due to the ammount of penis' that have been in and out of your mouth/butthole".

• Daz and Spaghetti Cat like this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

lol

But yeah, in that review he mentioned using the binos to spot other players, it didn't seem like them being marked went away at all, and instantly all players would engage that person and royally f*ck them in the ass.

Does that technique not work?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

Ok this game's multiplayer sucks balls and has already been ruined within a week. On PC atleast nothing but campin' cowering fagtards who get spawnkill shots on you or are either lucky by hiding ALL OF THE TIME.

Lucky for them they even set up their servers so you can't use SMG's to stalk them. Seriously... thanks alot you 90% of the retard inbred players who still think sniping is all about the "skillful art of camping in one spot and racking as many kills as possible no matter how sh*tty the shots because you can't aim for crap and you can't properly relocate due to the ammount of penis' that have been in and out of your mouth/butthole".

Where the f*ck is the fun in sitting in one spot the entire time and pressing a single button every once in a while to squeeze a shot? I'll never understand campers.

I'll get this one on sale. I've seen TB's review and I like the big levels, but I hate their DLC model with weapon packs and extra missions for what is primarily a single player game with only a handful of missions and handful of weapons. It's not worth it to me. I'm starting to develop a serious Steam backlog as well. I've got other sh*t to play this summer.

• FullMetal likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users