I Really Regret My Vita

16 replies to this topic
Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Bought late 2012 I was really excited to get the new system thinking it'd be like the PSP, but no.

Firstly, the games. I literally have MGS, LBP, UNCHARTED and AC3 - All games that were launched early on in the vitals life, as if they were rushed out early to get adopters of the system. There is currently nothing more that appeals to me and nothing on the horizon either.

Oh and I have a load of old PSP/PS1 GAmes with the most played one being GTA.

My next gripe is hacking; this system is very difficult to hack further sucking the fun I could have with it.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Vanto
  • Vanto

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

Yeah, you're not supposed to hack the Vita, Sony learned from the PSP's weak points. And yeah, the games were out too early.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

The reason I bought a PSP Slim back in the day was GTA LCS and then GTA VCS.

I still play these games on my PSP from time to time.

The only reason I would buy a PS Vita would be when R* would announce GTA San Andreas Stories or so.

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

I actually tried it out the first month of release thanks to my friend visiting, the minute I was playing Uncharted GA I knew I wasn't going to enjoy it.

The only reason I was going to get it was to further increase my trophy list, but it's not worth spending over 250$ on that and however much more for a reasonable memory card that withholds plenty of games.

Now near the middle of 2014 I absolutely see no need to get one

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

I don't regret buying mine, i got more than 50 games and many of them are actually pretty good.

But, i guess the console is really dead now, i really regret its fate because it is a wonderful piece of hardware and because we'll most likely never see what Sony's best Studios like Naghty Dog, Sucker Punch, Polyphony Digitals or Santa Monica could have done with the system.

Vita is a waste, it may be my favourite handeld ever, mostly for its features, user interface, trophies etc but it's a shame there is only a few games out there that fully exploit its potential

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

Next time, buy a console when there are actually some games to play on it.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:38 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 19 April 2014 - 08:40 PM.

Lol it like Sony's Portable version of the **cough**WII U**cough** :lol:

Side Note:Maybe a PSVita/3DS Sequel to Chinatown Wars will be a system seller for both lol.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

Send it to me then.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

They f*cked up by taking homebrew out of the equation. That's one of the reasons the PSP sold so well.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

www.DamnedNation.net

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:36 PM Edited by AiraCobra, 19 April 2014 - 10:37 PM.

Next time, buy a console when there are actually some games to play on it.

I bought myself a used PS Vita from Gamestop the first of the month and i turned around and returned it the very next day.

I just didn't like it and it didn't have any games i liked nor any cross/play games i had with my PS3 so i returned it and got my $168 and $30 for a 16GB memory card.

It's ashame really the Vita could really be something if they had a lot more games and stuff.

Hayabusa1300GSXR
  • Hayabusa1300GSXR

GTA Online Rank 69

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

I bought my Vita in Gamestop the first day it came out, and I hate it.

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

Bought mine while at Fort Jackson, and didn't touch it for a year. Finally decided to use it as a mini tablet for Web browsing while on the toilet. Sold it on eBay for 150

pokemon123
  • pokemon123

stuff

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:07 AM

There are only 3 games I want on the vita right now. Persona 4 golden,Danganronpa,Dangaronpa 2 and maybe memories of ceciltiea.But I do not see that happining anytime soon as the 3ds has way more interesting games.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:22 AM

I bought a Vita entirely for Persona 4 Golden since Persona 4 is the best RPG of all time, so I do not regret my purchase at all.  Killzone Mercenary, Walking Dead, Uncharted, Dead or Alive 5, and some other games I have that I can't remember are just bonuses to me.

Persona 4 Dancing All Night is also going to be a Vita exclusive, so I'm happy as f*ck that I got a Vita.

• Adler likes this

tuareg
  • tuareg

and everythin' that's shakin' in between

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

Was going to buy one, but the memory card is a huge turn off. f*ck that. Normally i wouldn't mind it, but i'm only interested in a few vita titles and probably 10+ psp games.

Originally i thought the vita is a better option, because i didn't want a psp e1000 and that's the only model we have here. I'm probably better off with the e1000 though. 

Reaper Madness
  • Reaper Madness

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

I actually like it and have hope for the future of it. I like JRPGs so maybe that's why. If you don't like JRPGs then you might want to sell it because it's bececoming a niche system for that kind of genre.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

I'll probably buy one once PS Now is out. Don't really feel like paying $400 for one game I'm interested in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users