Photo

The Big Score losing the cops

13 replies to this topic
49ssd
  • 49ssd

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:01 PM Edited by 49ssd, 19 April 2014 - 06:04 PM.

I'm trying the obvious approach in replay and I can't seem to be able to do it. I've sat in alleyways and parking garages out of sight for several minutes without losing them, they just circle around until one sees me. I often get stuck and I am not allowed to abandon the car. I tried going to Los Santos Customs but it was closed. The worst part is that Franklin won't shut the f*ck up (shouldn't the guy with special driving powers be driving the car anyway)

Is there any kind of trick to this?

Voggs
  • Voggs

Just like the white winged dove

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:03 PM Edited by Voggens, 19 April 2014 - 06:03 PM.

Use the subway construction that appears on The Jewel Store Job, it always works, just be sure to not stay near the entrance.

• Sprue, -KM-, DiscoPanda and 1 other like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:09 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 19 April 2014 - 06:10 PM.

I escaped them within seconds. Once driving out the underground car park I used Franklin's ability to maneuver the cops (I drove right next to them and they didn't see me lol) and hid in the car park next to the bank and I finally lost them after a few minutes. I probably was lucky.

You can leave the car. You can't go too far from it though. Try driving around the mountains (since police cars won't be able to follow you there) and if you find a bush, park next to it, get out of the car and hide in it. The Helicopters won't be able to see you (as far as I know) so you'll lose the cops without much problems.

Another good hiding spot is the underground Los Santos Sewer canal and metro in construction (The very same tunnel from the Jewel Store Heist). The cops will never follow you in there unless they're right behind you.

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Can't believe the first time i did this mission, I used a TAXI!

And i'm still able to lose the cops, It was so close.

Second time, I used a Karin Sandking and lost the cops in, like, 30 seconds.

Bat Guano
  • Bat Guano

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

go to the sewers. Here's the entrance

a2O521K.png

• Vapizt likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

Use the subway construction that appears on The Jewel Store Job, it always works, just be sure to not stay near the entrance.

This.

Literally every car chase I'm in, I go here.

• Sprue likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

I just run for the mountains. I remember my first time doing it, I lost them within a few minutes by going to the mountain overlooking the Vinewood sign. Was pretty fitting.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

I just run for the mountains. I remember my first time doing it, I lost them within a few minutes by going to the mountain overlooking the Vinewood sign. Was pretty fitting.

I do that sometimes too, more often than not in the Palomino Highlands.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:27 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 26 April 2014 - 08:33 PM.

Yeah, this was totally underwhelming. I drove east over near the dam and oil pumps and waited on a hill. Losing them was way too easy. I was like, "That's it? That's the big score?" as I watched them give up the chase. Didn't seem like an authentic five star wanted level. Seemed like some scripted easy bullsh*t with the police dialed down for that mission. I shouldn't be able to lose a five star wanted level that easily.  

• PineboxFiller likes this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:52 AM Edited by pajkosinjoSRB, 27 April 2014 - 01:53 AM.

I always go to the those big hills outside of town. Near the freeway. Or I go on the highway in Pillbox Hill. Those two are the easiest places to lose them.

Or you can go to the highway near the LS Customs near Lester's warehouse.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

head into any sewer, train or tram tunnel and get far enough away from the entrance, and you can ditch any amount of cops. 

c'mon, this is the cheese method for evading police for many GTA's running! ain't no helicopter going to spot you in there, and as long as you don't hang out near the entrance, if any cops followed you in, take them out and move a little and no one will find you. 

there are so many ways to hide underground in V, i feel cheap if i resort to one of them to ditch 4+ stars. 

-KM-
  • -KM-

3rd Street Saint

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

Can't believe the first time i did this mission, I used a TAXI!

And i'm still able to lose the cops, It was so close.

Second time, I used a Karin Sandking and lost the cops in, like, 30 seconds.

The Sandking is manufactured by Vapid. 

PineboxFiller
  • PineboxFiller

Liar

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:02 AM

Yeah, this was totally underwhelming. I drove east over near the dam and oil pumps and waited on a hill. Losing them was way too easy. I was like, "That's it? That's the big score?" as I watched them give up the chase. Didn't seem like an authentic five star wanted level. Seemed like some scripted easy bullsh*t with the police dialed down for that mission. I shouldn't be able to lose a five star wanted level that easily.  

I agree, it's definitely a scripted version of the wanted level. I lost them in the golf course parking lot for god sakes. I've lost hundreds of 5 star wanted levels since then but none of them just sitting in a parking lot.

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

I am at my second play through and may choose the obvious approach. Could I lose the cops by going to a level crossing, driving on the train tracks until I find a tunnel and wait there?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users