Photo

The Stomping Land

13 replies to this topic
RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

Is a multiplayer survival game about dinosaurs for Windows PC. As a hunter-scavenger surviving on an island with dinosaurs the player must track the dinosaurs for food keeping a keen eye out for prints while listening for the threatening sounds of predators in the distance. The player must be always on their guard for everything on the island can kill the player in an instant. The player may also look to the stars to track large dinosaur movements across the island. Each large dinosaur has it’s own star that follows its movements. When two stars are near one-another a dinosaur battle is about to take place which will leave one large dinosaur injured, vulnerable to other players seeking to salvage it for Heavy Meat.

Official Site

The game is still in early alpha. It was funded on Kickstarter until June 6, 2013.

Here is the Steam Greenlight. No exact word yet on when it goes Early Access. But the guy that's making this (yes, this is mostly the work of ONE guy with the help of part time designers) says a major update including Early Access should arrive sometime this month on the forums.

So if you're interested keep an eye out on Steam. It's a great change of pace from all the zombies lately.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:19 AM

Release date is May 30th on Steam. Here's the Steam page for those that are interested.

The price will be $25.

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:08 AM

That looks sick! Also he looks exactly like my Orc from Skyrim.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:17 AM

Looks like Turok a bit.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:39 AM

Yeah i can't wait for this I'm probably going to put up a server for a month or so just to have a mess about. If you have steam read the customer reviews on the bottom of the store page some are highly entertaining.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:11 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 30 May 2014 - 05:13 AM.

It releases today on Steam! (In 19 hours at the time I posted this)

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:53 AM

Yeah for some reason they put it back a day to the 31st got a server up and running ready though hell yeah. Still can't wait.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:13 AM

A bit odd that they release it the same they and almost same time as The Forest.

But looks cool.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:49 AM

I think they put it back a day for that reason so it will release after the forest. But the forest is only single player so it's not exactly the same.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

I think they put it back a day for that reason so it will release after the forest. But the forest is only single player so it's not exactly the same.

The Forest gets released in about 9 hours. This game here in 17.

If they wanted to prevent it, they would have released it a few days ealier or later.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

Looks like Turok a bit.

I was talking to my brother about getting another Turok game developed. This looks pretty cool, but too bad no console release - not right now anyways.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:35 AM

Here's a new trailer for the Steam release

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

I don't like the whole caveman with dinosaur theme. Like, at all... but I do however am willing to check it out tho. DINOSAURS f*ck YEAH. Thye should've done a DayZ like approach imho... 'stranded' people on a JP like island after the dinosaurs rampaged through all the fences and whatnot. So you're stuck there looking for supplies trying to either hide/run from the dinosaurs, survive from the elements, gather food and medicine and whatnot. Heavy focus on stealth/interesting AI and interactions and also realistic weapon feel and 'health' system.

Poisoning... being able to distract AI dinos by making a smaller prey kill that makes a more interesting 'meal' than you, the puny human... needing to find antidotes for certain poisonous plants and such.

But whatever, I digress.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

The Forest gets released in about 9 hours. This game here in 17.
If they wanted to prevent it, they would have released it a few days ealier or later.

I think it was more of a case that they should appear above the forest on the early access section. Makes sense to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users