Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

Sounds legit to me.

But i hope it has limits. I can't be found in lobbies with infinite jetpack users.

So many worriers like you... I swear, you guys would request R* to not add weapons in the game if they weren't already in it, with the logic that someone would abuse them online with infinite ammo hacks.

Oh no! They're adding something to the game!!! IT WILL BE ABUSED!!!

Given the modding skills within this series, a jetpack could have been feasibly added without R*'s help anyway. There's certain risks you just have to take in life... like if you play a game online, you are probably going to end up running into a hacker. That's just life, eh?

No, it isn't. It's just a game. When you die, you come back. Chill!
  • B Dawg, theNGclan, WildBrick142 and 2 others like this

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

I wonder if it's like a proper classic style jetpack that let's you fly, as if it were a miniature plane, or if till let you hover like in SA.
or maybe it will allow you to do both

Saiyanskillz
  • Saiyanskillz

Lures like Terminus, bites like Tyson

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

Sounds legit to me.But i hope it has limits. I can't be found in lobbies with infinite jetpack users.

So many worriers like you... I swear, you guys would request R* to not add weapons in the game if they weren't already in it, with the logic that someone would abuse them online with infinite ammo hacks.Oh no! They're adding something to the game!!! IT WILL BE ABUSED!!!Given the modding skills within this series, a jetpack could have been feasibly added without R*'s help anyway. There's certain risks you just have to take in life... like if you play a game online, you are probably going to end up running into a hacker. That's just life, eh?No, it isn't. It's just a game. When you die, you come back. Chill!

Actually, I'm not worried one bit. And I agree with most of what you said. I just want it to be limited so it's not so tempting to so many. A lobby with nothing but jet packers would be rather boring. Unless there is some game involved, thought up in a unique fashion.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

Has any definitive proof of this being real been found yet?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:29 AM

Has any definitive proof of this being real been found yet?

Have you looked for it?

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:34 AM

Even when it is real, it is still not real.  :alien:

Lots of people are all, "why dont you see for yourself lol ;)." Apparently no, no one seems to be willing to give a definitive answer 

Overmenneske
  • Overmenneske

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:49 AM Edited by Overmenneske, 24 April 2014 - 12:50 AM.

Lots of people are all, "why dont you see for yourself lol ;)." Apparently no, no one seems to be willing to give a definitive answer 

I can't understand what you guys want. It is confirmed that jetpack is mentioned within 1.12-files.

Whether this means there will actually be a flyable jetpack in-game - only Rockstar can give "the definitive answer". Directly or indirectly.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:54 AM Edited by Deji, 24 April 2014 - 12:56 AM.

How definitive do you want it? There has been quite a lot of posts with reasons why it would and wouldn't be legitimate. You need to look through them and decide yourself what you think, because a lot of people don't believe it and the people that do believe it shouldn't have to prove it to those that don't.

I've already posted in this topic with why I think know it's real. I'm definite. I don't care if others aren't so sure. Especially since this forum has a lot of people who won't believe anything just because they're somehow scared of looking like they were mislead if it turns out to be false. People get emotional about that, for some reason...

EDIT:
Additionally, what is the question? I can't tell who wants to know whether the files are legitimate or whether it will be in game. The files coming as part of a download should make it pretty damn transparent, but again, there are still those super-sceptics.

Aerosmithfan999
  • Aerosmithfan999

The Wackiness Returns

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:07 AM

Wait, wait. What if the Dinka Thrust ISN'T a motorcycle after all?

What if it's the name for a jetpack?

It would explain the lack of pictures found of it.

Jetpacks do have thrusters, so I think your theory is ingenious.

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:21 AM

Oh look, a claim of a code discovery!! 

On a related note...

6soo.jpg

Anyone found TOMMYVERCETTRAIN yet? 

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

aesthetic

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

Oh look, a claim of a code discovery!! 

On a related note...

6soo.jpg

Anyone found TOMMYVERCETTRAIN yet? 

200_s.gif

All joking aside, the code IS legit. Click the link below for a tutorial on how to access it. Whether or not the code isn't a joke by Rockstar or will even be used is another story.

http://gtaforums.com...e/?p=1065246622

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

Oh no! They're adding something to the game!!! IT WILL BE ABUSED!!!

Perhaps that's because every time they release an update, something gets abused?

Why can't people just play games the way they're intended to be played, without trying to impress people with their 'skills' (which are oh, so useful in real life)?

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

Yes I'm not affraid to admit that at one, early, point I believed that the North Yankton DLC was a hoax. Yet I didn't go and have a cry about it.

Look at this. We've got multiple people backing up the legitimacy of this. If anything this should be believed a hell of a lot more than the NY hoax was. So basically if you're going to use the basis "Wah NG fooled me before, and since I have no clue on coding I will say that I can never trust code again" (hell even people in the Beta hunt thread won't believe anything was REMOVED PERMANANTLY because of this). If you don't believe it, fair enough, just don't call accuse everyone here of being lying dicks if it doesn't come out.

Do I believe this 100%? I do have faith in this, but only time will tell.
But will I cry and call BS on all code presented on the forums now on? Certainly not.
  • Nick Testbranch and PG. like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

I just don't get one thing about all these patch code leaks. Why even include these little tidbits of code about content that is months and months away? Why not just have all this code in the one big DLC download? It makes no sense.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:23 PM Edited by Deji, 24 April 2014 - 02:25 PM.

I just don't get one thing about all these patch code leaks. Why even include these little tidbits of code about content that is months and months away? Why not just have all this code in the one big DLC download? It makes no sense.

It was clearly meant to slip under the radar. To me it seems to indicate that they want to spread the availability out early. I'd guess that the jetpack, along with the other stuff that has been subtly included (everyone forgot about the skiing bits already?) will be 'launched' in the form of an online event. You know how much R* are loving those right now...

Anyway, all we can do is take the fact we do know about the code and make even wilder theories until whatever happens eventually happens. No use expecting more than we would usually expect, or being disappointed, by something that is not actually in motion yet. It's fun to know more than you should, but you shouldn't let it get to your heads.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:47 AM

In a sense it's basically laying ground work. They put these things in small patches and it takes away from the size of larger downloads, and makes installing them a hell of a lot easier.

Flafty
  • Flafty

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

I think jetpack will be available in story DLC that Rockstar announced

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

I wonder what that guy Brian would make of this... Assuming he ins't in a mental home now :lol:

I think it's good that it's there but I don't get the excitement.. i'd much rather have the chainsaw back

FreshPots
  • FreshPots

Rat

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

On the rockstar newswire it actually says "...Dinka Thrust motorcycle..."

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

On the rockstar newswire it actually says "...Dinka Thrust motorcycle..."

Wouldn't be the first time they've lied for the sake of a surprise

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

The jetpack this is gonna be awsome!

I hope its expensive online like 2.5 million so most people cant buy it. I will be able to thats all that matters. ME ME ME!!!!!
  • Saiyanskillz likes this

r3KK3r
  • r3KK3r

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

i suppose the high life could mean literally getting High,as opposed to weed related shenanigins...

i really hope we get a jetpack though,be a bit like titanfall....

whatever the next update is i hope it's coming soon!!

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

I kinda had a theory, that maybe Rockstar will release the big SP DLC around the time watch dogs comes out, to maintain popularity.
  • SCOOBASTEEB likes this

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

I kinda had a theory, that maybe Rockstar will release the big SP DLC around the time watch dogs comes out, to maintain popularity.

I'd call it a marketing strategy rather than a theory.

It's probably ready to be released now... They could be adding more to it but its obvious they're just waiting... again

jayg32
  • jayg32

@jamiegrantham

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

Either way if it comes or not all that will happen for a good couple months is you'll join a free roam session and see little bumblebee people flying around doing absolutely f**k all! As long as only one spawns per sesh then I'm cool wid dat I just personally want the stun gun made available online  :r*:

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

ITS GUNNA COMEEEE At your face. 

All joking aside modaf*ckers, Its gunna come out either in a paid dlc, or when Watchdogs comes out like alot of people say. But all in all, R* is still C* (cockstargames)

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

I've been playing recently, an been thinking to myself, cool places I could use the jetpack at.
Im still confused by skiiing, how will it work online, offline
Will it be in n.Yankton (I never saw mountains)

Will the mountain of Blair county become snowy, like the Christmas pack.

Who knows?

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

I foresee skiing being exactly the same as the sports. It puts you in your own instanced world with only the other players in your lobby with you.

But in regards to the why do Rockstar put this stuff in these patches. You guys realize the patch is downloaded in full every time and it's been an accumulative patch buildup? As in 1.12 has all the sh*t from 1.11 with only the changes made in 1.12.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

But where will it take place? That's the question

Saiyanskillz
  • Saiyanskillz

Lures like Terminus, bites like Tyson

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:25 AM Edited by Saiyanskillz, 26 April 2014 - 12:26 AM.

Isn't it possible that skiing could be a "mission-only" thing?

The same COULD be said for the jetpack. I wouldn't mind doing a jetpack heist.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users