Best fighting games

39 replies to this topic
CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:43 AM

what are the best fighting games, I want to buy a fighting game for xbox 360 and I don't know what to buy. I want  something fast paced and with good characters.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:50 AM

Mortal Kombat? Injustice: Gods Among Us? The latter has a pretty interesting story, of course only if you haven't read the comics.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:50 AM

The only fighting games I played in recent times were Tekken Dark Ressurection, Tekken 6 (both were awesome. Tekken has always been the best imo), and Super Street Fighter IV, which i wasn't too crazy about, but it was still good.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

The new Super Smash Bros. (and the older ones as well) came to my attention.

Ermac
  • Ermac

J-ust E-ndure T-he S-uffering

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • Hottest Nigga [All Time]
    GTAF Time Trials Hipster of the Year 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:09 AM

Definitely get Mortal Kombat 9. It's one of if not the best fighters of last gen if you ask me. Relatively easy to pick up, hard to put down, especially with friends. It's major flaw was the netcode though, but that's nearly irrelevant now because the online portion is on life support unfortunately.

I've also heard good things about Injustice: Gods Among Us, but I can't really comment on it because it isn't my cup of tea.

MadMugen
  • MadMugen

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

Tekken or Soul Calibur V

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

I'll probably get Mortal Kombat and Tekken.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:49 AM

Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and pretty much any Tekken game that isn't 4. If' TTT2's bound system and difficulty curve are too much, try Tekken Revolution for PSN if you can. Soul Calibur is alright, but personally I only like the first three. The later ones offer extensive customization options if you're into that sort of thing.

Can't say about 2D fighters since I don't play them.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:02 AM

Soul Calibur V

Ew.

• a20characterusername likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:53 AM

Tekken 6/Tekken TT2 (infact the Tekken Franchise is the Greatest Fighting Game Franchise).
  • a20characterusername likes this

Cforumlbgfeva
  • Cforumlbgfeva

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:56 AM

Are we talking single player here or multiplayer? lol

I had a lot of fun playing prototype.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:23 AM

I like games with local multiplayer I don't play online, I got Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and SoulCalibur V and they're pretty good I like Tekken the best. I also wanted to get Mortal Kombat Komplete edition but I couldn't find it so I'll try to get it tomorrow somewhere else. is there any good realistic fighting games, maybe boxing or martial arts style?

• Cforumlbgfeva likes this

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:53 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 21 April 2014 - 09:53 AM.

I like games with local multiplayer I don't play online, I got Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and SoulCalibur V and they're pretty good I like Tekken the best. I also wanted to get Mortal Kombat Komplete edition but I couldn't find it so I'll try to get it tomorrow somewhere else. is there any good realistic fighting games, maybe boxing or martial arts style?

it's really a fighting game as such but sleeping dogs has decent martial arts. the driving sucks though.
  • Daz likes this

Beanee
  • Beanee

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

Mortal Kombat is a pretty sweet game, and the older one you can pick up now for a few quid. Tekken is a pretty good game, but i haven't played one since the days of PS2, so can't really comment.

Double Dragon or Streets Of Rage, they're proper fighting games!

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:59 AM

Double Dragon or Streets Of Rage, they're proper fighting games!

Except they're not fighting games at all. They're beat 'em ups.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:36 AM Edited by DarthShinobi, 23 April 2014 - 02:37 AM.

Marvel vs Capcom 3. I had tons of fun on it. Was going to suggest 2, but it was removed from XBLA.

raidenrbs
  • raidenrbs

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:52 AM

Surprised no one mentioned dead or alive 5, great game. Can't disagree with the other suggestions though

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:19 AM

The undisputed best fighting game series of all time is Street Fighter. You don't need anything else. Especially not Mortal Kombat. 

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:35 AM

IV sucked tho

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:39 AM

IV was great. 

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:49 AM

Nah.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:00 AM

It depends how seriously you are willing to take the game.  If you just want a casual fighting game I'd recommend Mortal Kombat or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.  You can play these games competitively but they are very broken and unbalanced.

If you want to take a fighting game seriously, I'd definitely have to recommend Super Street Fighter IV as it requires the most discipline.   Persona 4 Arena is another good one, but it really only appeals to Persona fans like myself.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 are also good suggestion both for competitive, and casual players.  

Obviously
  • Obviously

Steak With Grilled Cheese

• The Yakuza
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:10 AM

Wii Sports Boxing.

That game gets so intense. you have to have rhythm 

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:31 AM

This:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:41 AM

Wii Sports Boxing.

That game gets so intense. you have to have rhythm

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2016
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:59 AM Edited by Daz, 23 April 2014 - 07:00 AM.

I always wanted a somewhat realistic martial arts 1v1 fighter that encapsulates the earlier movies by Jackie Chan, stuff like Wheels on Meals and Dragons forever. Having a fighting game with an intense battle being able to do things that Benny "The Jet" Urquidez could do back then would revolutionize 1 on 1 fighting games.

Having it being based more about blocking and unleashing a flurry of attacks that hopefully one might connect, more of an intense non-stop battle.

But I fighting games are pretty much dead right now. I don't see it happening unless it being an indie game.

Other than that I always have preferred side scroller beat em ups instead.

• CatDog96 likes this

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

Mortal kombat is all you need ( but kinda old so dunno if online still works but if you still wont make a chance ).

I thought soul calibur 2 hd released ( not sure ), that game was very good on ps2 so if this exact same game with only better graphics you prolly enjoy this 1 too, other soul calibur games not that good.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

It depends how seriously you are willing to take the game.  If you just want a casual fighting game I'd recommend Mortal Kombat or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.  You can play these games competitively but they are very broken and unbalanced.

If you want to take a fighting game seriously, I'd definitely have to recommend Super Street Fighter IV as it requires the most discipline.   Persona 4 Arena is another good one, but it really only appeals to Persona fans like myself.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 are also good suggestion both for competitive, and casual players.

MK9 is made for competetive play lol, with mk9 mk is back in the game again and raised the bar extremly high for other fighting games. Tekken competetive ?? lol, since kids we had to make own rules like no grabs since the games are unbalanced as hell, all you do is wait then hit back or keep grabbing ( 1 grab 30% health gone, 4yr old can do ). MK you can wait + block all you want but you will lose minor health when get hit by enemy + the special bar with first hit advantage. You see mk has different ways to play and is made for competetive play, tekken streetfighter etc. only fun when 2 people never played so u just press buttons and think you good haha.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

MK9 is made for competetive play lol, with mk9 mk is back in the game again and raised the bar extremly high for other fighting games. Tekken competetive ?? lol, since kids we had to make own rules like no grabs since the games are unbalanced as hell, all you do is wait then hit back or keep grabbing ( 1 grab 30% health gone, 4yr old can do ). MK you can wait + block all you want but you will lose minor health when get hit by enemy + the special bar with first hit advantage. You see mk has different ways to play and is made for competetive play, tekken streetfighter etc. only fun when 2 people never played so u just press buttons and think you good haha.

The ignorance is high in this post.  Tekken is not broken like Mortal Kombat, and Street Fighter is probably the most competitive out of all fighting games, but you sound like a filthy casual so I'd expect as much from someone like you who has no clue what they are talking about, lmfao.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:40 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 25 April 2014 - 03:41 PM.

Lol,it doesnt matter whether Street Fighter (1987-2014) Predates Mortal Kombat (1992-2014) and esp. Tekken (1994-2014),Tekken is 100x better than every Street Fighter games infact Tekken TT2 makes SF4 looks outdated. And what with Street Fighter still using arcade graphics unlike MK and Tekken? i couldnt get into SF4 at all had to trade it in.I cant remember idf i already posted a comment here before,but if it comes to Great Fighting,the Tekken Franchise already dethroned Street Fighter years ago as the Ruler of the Genre infact it a 3 Masters Genre now;Tekken>>Mortal Kombat>>Street Fighter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users