Photo

Grading the Radio Experience

49 replies to this topic
W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by W3BB13, 20 April 2014 - 06:19 PM.

You've got waaaaaaaay too much time on your hands, brother. You also have pretty poor taste in music IMO.

Scandalous 10/10? dafuq?

• Street Mix and Jeansowaty like this

Voggens
  • Voggens

A ham sandwich would be nice

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:00 PM Edited by Voggens, 20 April 2014 - 06:01 PM.

Photograph 3/10...?

Scandalous 10/10...

Don't Wanna Fall in Love 9/10...

1 Thing 8/10...

Adult Education 3/10...

Holy sh*t. This made me take my 3D glasses off for a second.

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:22 PM Edited by The Quench, 20 April 2014 - 06:24 PM.

I debated on responding multiple times...and I never bring down anybody's opinion but your "review" on the only two stations/genres that I know the most about (Radio Los Santos and West Coast Classics) is absolute sh*t. Now, I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume that you (and others in other threads that "review" these two stations) listen to "radio hip-hop rap". Meaning if it's not "mainstream" it's not good. 

Yes, some songs on Radio Los Santos I agree are sh*t (the Gucci Mane one and Bassheads comes to mind) but that's just R* bad choice on tracks by acceptable artists. How are you going to rate RLS "Most annoying radio station"? How does Ice Cube's classic get a 1/10. How do you give an artist like Freddie Gibbs 1/10? How are most of the songs "most annoying track"? Do you not listen to any hip-hop radio station today? It's filled with good songs and then those mediocre songs that you would only listen to on the radio and would never add to your own library. 

/mega rant over...if you (generally speaking) haven't heard of/known every artist on a station's tracklist prior to V's release, your opinion is invalid. Some tracks shouldn't have been included and R*'s only crime against these two radio stations is not having enough songs in the first place (but hey, that's what DLC is for right?).

jondean31
  • jondean31

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

Loved WCC RLS and FlyLo

100hm by Hudson Mohawke hands down the dopest track on this game

Radius95
  • Radius95

Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

"10/10 Fergie ft. Ludacris - Glamorous (2006)"

I stopped reading here. Honestly man, are you deaf? And rebel radio is just plain cheap hillbilly crap.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

hotrider567
  • hotrider567

PC Master Race

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

I'm too lazy so I'll just grade the stations instead of each of the songs

Rebel Radio: 5/10 - Good for cruising around in the countryside or in a classic car

Worldwide FM: 4/10 - Not my taste, but I listen to it sometimes to feel classy

West Coast Classics: 8/10 - It could've been better

Blue Ark FM: 3/10 - Not into that kind of music

Los Santos Rock Radio: 7/10 - I listen to it as Michael

Non Stop Pop FM: 6/10 - I hear it in almost everyone's cars

Lowdown FM: 7/10 - I like riding in a Tornado or Peyote listening to this

Radio Mirror Park: 5/10 - I like it

Space 103.2: 6/10 - Don't listen to it often, but I like it

Soulwax FM: 2/10 - I only like one song on there

Radio Los Santos: 7/10 - The good songs don't play that much

Flylo FM: 5/10 - Listen to it when I'm in a plane

​Vinewood Boulevard Radio: 6/10 - Listen to it while speeding in a muscle car

East Los FM: 3/10 - Some songs are annoying

Channel X: 5/10 - I only listen to it as Trevor

Talk Stations: 8/10 - Entertaining

Overall Rating: 9/10

• Midnightz likes this

freedom
  • freedom

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:02 AM Edited by freedom, 21 April 2014 - 12:02 AM.

My taste in music is objectively better than anyone elses.

I WIN!

/Thread

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

Miami Horror - Sometimes: 2/10
Hudson Mohawke - 100hm: 5/10

OP has terrible taste in music.

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

I bothered to poll quite a few people on it and the results were very similar to my own. This thread was posted in case anyone here wanted to participate. Sure, I'm interested in your prefs - but no, not your insults. Judging a person's musical tastes based on what they did or didn't enjoy in a GTA is just absurd, lol.

You polled a few people with similar tastes to you. Your OP has 1 "likes"

The first reply has about 12 likes. So that straight up tells you that people on this forum generally don't agree with you taste.

I know it's all opinionated, but what do you expect putting that up on a forum.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

Assumptions sweetie. You couldn't be more mistaken about who I polled. Nor do you know my musical tastes based on a game soundtrack etc. Think whatever you want though. ;) Disagreeing with my thoughtful assessment is fine.

It was an invitation for those here to share their own assessment of the radio. If they choose to bash 1 person's assessment rather than post their own, oh well. --> I can't do nuthin' fo ya.

Attacking someone does not allow for meaningful dialogue. For example, after some of the dribble posted, why would I be motivated to say something like: I wish they included more 2PAC and Ice Cube tracks I prefer over the ones they selected. Why would I bother? Seriously, I couldn't stand that Glamorous tune but I gave it a 10 because, compared with other tracks on THAT station, it was one of the better ones. After months of playing, I had to admit it really fit the atmosphere of cruising Vinewood Blvd.

Anyway, why would I explain any part of my analysis if some people can't even understand the purpose of the thread? I'm done with the hand holding.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Ideas are banproof

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

Anyway, why would I explain any part of my analysis if some people can't even understand the purpose of the thread? I'm done with the hand holding.

What is the purpose of this thread?

DANIEL3GS
  • DANIEL3GS

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Garbage= best song in GTAV
And again everyone has a different music taste. So there shouldnt be a discussion.
  • Street Mix likes this

Epic.
  • Epic.

Whiner Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

You gave Cult - The Rain a 3/10?

This generation. Seriously and i'm ashamed to be apart of it.

• BigJoe_1 likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

Assumptions sweetie. You couldn't be more mistaken about who I polled. Nor do you know my musical tastes based on a game soundtrack etc. Think whatever you want though. ;) Disagreeing with my thoughtful assessment is fine.

It was an invitation for those here to share their own assessment of the radio. If they choose to bash 1 person's assessment rather than post their own, oh well. --> I can't do nuthin' fo ya.

Attacking someone does not allow for meaningful dialogue. For example, after some of the dribble posted, why would I be motivated to say something like: I wish they included more 2PAC and Ice Cube tracks I prefer over the ones they selected. Why would I bother? Seriously, I couldn't stand that Glamorous tune but I gave it a 10 because, compared with other tracks on THAT station, it was one of the better ones. After months of playing, I had to admit it really fit the atmosphere of cruising Vinewood Blvd.

That's a cop out. You seem to assume that we're too ignorant to understand your reasoning so you feel no need to post it. You shouldn't condescend. You've explained your reasoning behind ranking Glamorous. I agree. Although I also happen to like the song. Explain some of your other choices? Why such a low score for Party All the Time? That song is great for causing mayhem.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

Op I cannot believe you gave 'Change of Coast' a 5 out of 10...

That was actually a typo that carried over in copy/paste. It's fixed, thanks.

• FirstLadyofGTA likes this

nik0hue
  • nik0hue

"Niiggaaaaahh" -ya boy L.D

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

I like most of the stations, OFC I'm still finding new songs that I like.

My favorites are Stevie Wonder - Skeletons, Favored Nations - The Setup, Ice Cube - You know how we do it and Queen - Radio Ga Ga

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

Maaan, the high grade for Rebel Radio and the low grades for Soulwax and RLS made me think that you have a bad taste of music imo. Well at least you rated FlyLo lower, so that was a good choice.

IanE55
  • IanE55

Daft Punk is playing at my house, my house.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mexico

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

Baker Street 3/10

El Cocaino 8/10

Um, why?

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:45 PM Edited by Midnightz, 26 April 2014 - 09:46 PM.

Baker Street 3/10
El Cocaino 8/10

Um, why?

Because tracks are compared per station, NOT one track from one station compared to another track from a different station.

Special Members
  • Special Members

You Don't Know The Power Of Kebab Pizza

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:26 AM

I´ll do my own rating, of radio stations only. (Not the talk-radios, I have never listened to them)

Rebel Radio: 8/10 (Great county, and fits perfectly to Trevor. Ah, speeding down the highway in the Grand Senora Desert in Trevor´s truck while listening to "You Took All The Rambling Out Of Me" gets me in the right mood)

West Coast Classics: 9/10 (Perfect classic west-coast hip-hop. No song on here is bad. Listening to "You Know How We Do It" while cruising down from Vinewood towards the skyline of Downtown LS at nightime is pure magic)

Los Santos Rock Radio: 7/10 (Some songs are boring, but the station fits Michael, as he seems like a guy who would enjoy some soft-rock from the 80s)

NonStopPop FM: 6/10 (Yeah, filled with mostly sh*tty songs, especially that Britney Spears one, but the 80s, 80s and early-2000s songs make up for it)

Space 103.2: 7/10 (Bounce FM was way better, but I like most of the songs on here, but it´s way too short. Bootsy Collins is great as a host. And how can the OP hate "Party All The Time"? Has he no soul?)

Lowdown 91.1: 7/10 (Again, Master Sounds 98.3 was better, but it´s good. Too bad a few songs are lackluster.)

Worldwide FM: 6/10 (Alright. I like the jazz feeling it has, tough)

Radio Los Santos: 4/10 (Not even comparable to RLS from SA. A few songs are bearable, but alot of it is sh*tty "yolo-swag" bullrap.)

Channel X: 6/10 (Don´t listen to it much, but it fits Trevor. But since I´m not a fan of punk, most of the songs sound the same.)

Blue Ark FM: 6/10 (Okay. I´m not that into reggae, so I rarely listen to it)

Vinewood Boulevard Radio: 5/10 (Mediocore rock, not much more to say)

FlyLo FM: 4/10 (A few okay songs, but I don´t like the genre, and the host is annoying)

Soulwax FM: 5/10 (Same as FlyLo. A little better genre and a better host helps it)

Radio Mirror Park: 6/10 (Okay. I hated it at first, but it has grown a little on me)

East Los FM: 2/10 (Worst radio station in GTA history. That "beep-beep" song lowers the score from a 3/10)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users