36 replies to this topic
93Sean93
  • 93Sean93

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

I think Michael is the most well developed protagonist out of the three
Franklin is too much like CJ (the families, going from gang life to bigger better missions, voice actors are related) and Trevor is just a stereotypical psycho but he has the best lines in the game which is why he's one of the favorites. Trevor is very unique in his own right but Michael is the only protagonist to truly be a family man, not out on the street doing hit jobs for Russian mobsters. That's why we don't have a variety of gang bosses for missions, like Niko. Michael only works with Solomon Richards, and people powerful enough to make him do their bidding. Otherwise he's just at  home watching old movies drinking scotch. Who agrees?
  • MichaelPayneV likes this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:30 AM

he is one of the best out of all the games and the most unique  

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:35 AM Edited by hornedturtle, 19 April 2014 - 12:40 AM.

he his like tommy vercetti if he actually did the drugs he sold....

edit: added a m for the confused.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:37 AM

he his like tomy vercetti if he actually did the drugs he sold....

Tomy Vercetti?

MisterFR3SH
  • MisterFR3SH

Liberty is Love, Liberty is Life.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

I would say Franklin is more developed character out of the three protagonists, Franklin follows the "rags to riches" storyline likes the protagonists in the previous GTA's. Franklin still acts like a gangster when he has made a few hundred-thousand dollars which makes the player believe that he is still gangster even though he is not, he lost that status when he moved into the hills.

Michael may be the first protagonist to not follow the "rags to riches" method along with Trevor but his character was not developed really well. Michael has already lived the GTA life and wants to get back into it, he is just following the same traits he done before he joined the witness protection program, its just you start off at the end of his first GTA style career when he placed into the witness protection program.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:08 AM

Michael and Trevor are the most original IMO. My favorite is Franklin, but he's not really original. You called Trevor a "stereotypical psycho", but when have we ever seen anybody like him in a game? He's a dirty, balding, drug addicted, psychopath. I'm not saying that's necessarily a good thing, but it's pretty unique. 

I actually think Trevor is more unique than Michael. It's probably because I've seen characters like Michael so many times and just recently with Breaking Bad and especially the Sopranos, which I watched a few months before GTA V released. The family man angle in GTA is something new, because we're specifically talking about him being a husband/father, but SA and IV had family issues that had some similarities with V. In GTA V they just made Michael's situation feel more like a sitcom. The really wanted to take that "honey I'm home!" angle for some reason.

You still have to deal with needy people who we're expected to care about, simply because they share the same last name as the protagonist we're controlling. 

• Midnightz likes this

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

Yes. He's also the one who fells the most Human . I mean He shows the most Emotions.

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:47 AM

Michael is my favourite, purely for the fact that compared to Franklin and Trevor, he's the most 'normal' one.

• MichaelPayneV, Mightymomo22 and Vice City criminal like this

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:49 AM

Aside from his Temper . Also if someone used Amanda & the kids again. They would be in Trouble.

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:54 AM

But that's what I like...Michael loses his temper over things like that, like someone screwing with his family. Like we would in real life if it was our family. Seems much more believable, which is more than could be said for Trevor...

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:56 AM

Yes. I have a feeling something will happen to Amanda & the kids in the Story DLC. Causing Michael to rescue them.

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:59 AM

Hmmm...maybe a hostage situation...an acquaintance of Devin Weston, someone involved with Merryweather or something like that.

Would be interesting. :)

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:56 AM

Michael is the most original? It's basically mix of Neil McCauley  (Robert De Niro) from Heat  and Gary "Gal" Dove (Ray Winstone) from Sexy Beast. To differentiate him from them R* made him more melancholic and bitching. 

Vice City criminal
  • Vice City criminal

YELLOW CAR > All other vehicles in GTA IV

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

well, considering that the three of them are stereotypes. Michael actually is the most original

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Michael should get his own game and team up with Spider-Man.

Like this comment if you agree.

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:05 AM Edited by AndrewDeSanta, 19 April 2014 - 11:05 AM.

Michael is definitely my favourite out of the three although Trevor has the best lines. I love the dialogue between Lamar and Trevor during Pack Man, only time a game had actually made me seriously laugh. 

• fac316 and MichaelPayneV like this

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:17 AM Edited by GTA564, 19 April 2014 - 11:17 AM.

Franklin is really not like cj, Franklin is a more interesting character
But I agree with you about Michael, because this is the first time we have a character with family

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

But I agree with you about Michael, because this is the first time we have a character with family

HOW IS FRANKLIN INTERESTING!?

Explain please because he is the most boring charecter by far! All he does all day is sit in his house or goes for an occasional drink by himself. He says no to everything and the things he does do he just bitches and complains the whole time.

The main thing I cant stand about him is the amount of disrespect he shows michael, the guy who took him out the ghetto. No gratitude and all and just an overall moodkill!

Michael is a great charecter and unique. You wontt find another gta protag like michael. Funny, entertaining, cool voice and a little phycotic! He also has faults like selfish and a little untrustworthy but thats what makes him human and thats what I like about him
  • Cakelover21 likes this

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:01 AM

Franklins boring. Trevors like a Little kid that never grew up . Michael is the opposite a adult. And I'm a little adult. I'm in between.

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:15 AM

trevor def the most outrageous crazy protag in any gta or even any game that ive played,mick was ok but the fam stuff was a bit slow at times,frank had so much they could of done with him. it felt like they cut some of his story almost..but no doubt it will be added back with dlc in 158 years

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:22 AM

Well Michael is without a doubt my favorite in gta 5. I also think he's my favorite protagonist in any gta ever. It's either him or niko

MichaelPayneV
  • MichaelPayneV

Almost Gamer

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

I think Michael is the most well developed protagonist out of the three
Franklin is too much like CJ (the families, going from gang life to bigger better missions, voice actors are related) and Trevor is just a stereotypical psycho but he has the best lines in the game which is why he's one of the favorites. Trevor is very unique in his own right but Michael is the only protagonist to truly be a family man, not out on the street doing hit jobs for Russian mobsters. That's why we don't have a variety of gang bosses for missions, like Niko. Michael only works with Solomon Richards, and people powerful enough to make him do their bidding. Otherwise he's just at  home watching old movies drinking scotch. Who agrees?

Me, Michael Townley/De Santa is my Favorite GTA Character, and it was from the moment i saw the first Trailer, and really liked the idea of having a "Former Criminal" with a family, and thinking how would that work, and it worked better than expected.

For example, i was wondering if you will have to go home at specific times, and check on kids, yes, i tough he had 13/14 old kids, but i'm really happy that they are at least around 21!

MichaelPayneV
  • MichaelPayneV

Almost Gamer

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:29 AM Edited by MichaelPayneV, 21 April 2014 - 01:57 PM.

Yes. I have a feeling something will happen to Amanda & the kids in the Story DLC. Causing Michael to rescue them.

Finding his Family Dead, which will be enough to turn him go Crazy Fat-Bald Mercenary going for revenge...wait WHAT?

[ ! ]

2205623-rsg_mp3_290.jpg

I just hope if they do something like this, that they won't turn him, Rockstar, in to Max Payne like he was in 3!

Than he will enter in "TAKEN" Mode!

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

Good for him.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Michael is my favourite, purely for the fact that compared to Franklin and Trevor, he's the most 'normal' one.

He is actually a prick with a bad temper and Franklin is far more normal, but then again Franklin isn't the most normal skin color.

phillipshead
  • phillipshead

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:28 AM

Trevor is a caricature while Michael is a character. Most of that has to do with how they were written but also a lot with the way the actors played them. Ned Luke was far more nuanced in his performance which is why Michael is my fave GTA character ever. Not what I thought was going to happen as evidenced by my handle.

doggydude98
  • doggydude98

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:40 PM

michael and niko= best characters in gaming history

fac316
  • fac316

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

HOW IS FRANKLIN INTERESTING!?

Explain please because he is the most boring charecter by far! All he does all day is sit in his house or goes for an occasional drink by himself. He says no to everything and the things he does do he just bitches and complains the whole time.

The main thing I cant stand about him is the amount of disrespect he shows michael, the guy who took him out the ghetto. No gratitude and all and just an overall moodkill!

Michael is a great charecter and unique. You wontt find another gta protag like michael. Funny, entertaining, cool voice and a little phycotic! He also has faults like selfish and a little untrustworthy but thats what makes him human and thats what I like about him

I think Franklins grateful, but he's mad @ the fact Mike has incidentally brought him along with being the FIB's bitch

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

Michael is my favourite protagonist in GTa third to Niko Bellic, and first being Tommy Vercetti.

Michael is my fav because of his strange choices, and how he lives life, and how he lived life. A former bank robber turned ex Vinewood dreaming , living, fat lazy son of a bitch, coming back into that life after making another stupid decision. At the end of the game, he puts up his boots and retires...

But comes back after a while, if so in the SP DLC. 

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

I think Michael is a great character, superbly acted, but I don't think he's original. Other than having a family, he's the more regular GTA protagonist - a classic ENTJ personality. Franklin and Trevor, personality wise, are very different.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users