Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else extremely bored with this game?

205 replies to this topic
GTA-Freak-iX
  • GTA-Freak-iX

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

consider playing with friends or join a crew as that's a major part of online. I swear you'll be loving this game as the activities you can do with them is unlimited.

i would be playing it a lot if it wasn't for my game constantly freezing. the struggle is real....

Is Ariana Grande your idol?

Nah, just my favorite singer

Just to be on topic, this game is not boring!

• SuperFlyMeatbaww likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

Online is still a whole lot of fun for me even after all this time.

LeoV
  • LeoV

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

Sadly yeah. Lol but only because my mic broke. It gets boring IMO when you can talk to your friends while your f*cking around

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

I must say this game is pretty darn boring, its like mind boggling that people still enjoy playing this game. The game is pretty nice as it's very colorful and wide open but it's just doesn't really feel like a GTA game for some odd reason. IV will truly still be the best GTA game followed by SA while leaving V near the end.

If IV and V were to be faced off to one another, IV would win for sure.

Gxn7UsW.gif

Hopefully in the near future R* will release something to get us to enjoy V. Maybe with some map add on or maybe stuff in IV and SA that made the game enjoyable ?

• Ermac, 2281, Edgelord and 1 other like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

I must say this game is pretty darn boring, its like mind boggling that people still enjoy playing this game. The game is pretty nice as it's very colorful and wide open but it's just doesn't really feel like a GTA game for some odd reason. IV will truly still be the best GTA game followed by SA while leaving V near the end.

Gxn7UsW.gif

Hopefully in the near future R* will release something to get us to enjoy V. Maybe with some map add on or maybe stuff in IV and SA that made the game enjoyable ?

That gif is legendary.

Friendly fire off lobbies like they had in IV would make V so much better >:C

• 2281, THE GHETTO JEZUS and tambo75 like this

Ermac
  • Ermac

Black Spasmodic

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

Gxn7UsW.gif

f*ck it, i'm playing IV again tonight instead of GTA: Online. gonna make dem pigeons mah bitches

• THE GHETTO JEZUS likes this

collad0
  • collad0

Lurkin n Likin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

I feel the same way. Havent touched it since a few days after the business update. It is fun when you play with other people but I just dont have the time anymore to hop online and play with my friends that often. I will definitley be logging back on for high life update though whenever that wil be.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

No way was GTA IV better than V, as far as the online game goes.  GTAV is by far the best online GTA game ever...but that's not saying much.  The problem is that Rockstar has the micro-transactions with GTA$.  That ruins the game because it makes Rockstar want to limit the content and the ways of making money.  If this game had tons of fun ways to make money, NOBODY would buy the GTA$.  

For that reason, Rockstar really makes the game boring and repetitive...because that forces people to buy GTA$.  Rockstar is very greedy, so they purposefully make the game boring.  The best thing for online gaming is a monthly subscription(as long as the dev team always puts out great content constantly).  I know some people hate the idea of a monthly subscription, but that is the best way for them to make money while also supplying us with endless amounts of new content and new gameplay elements.

The GTA$ severely limits what the dev team will add to the game because anything they add that is fun, exciting, and makes players want to grind...well...it takes away income that Rockstar makes by offering GTA$ for purchase.  Anyone that doesn't see this isn't paying attention and hasn't played many online games with a big world.  

GTA$ kills this game and makes it boring..bottom line.  The reason heists aren't out yet is because they will be decent pay that people love to grind because of the fun you will have doing it....what does that do??  It takes away income from GTA$

What this game needs more than anything is the co-op mission creator.  But they won't do that because those will end up being up to 20K for a hard mission...that's too much money and too much fun...so it takes away their gta$ income.  

Rockstar is greedy and doesn't know how to make an online game have longevity.  THat's why the player base is dead after less than a year.  I hate World of Warcraft, but there is a reason it's been 10 years or so and the game STILL makes sh*tloads of money.  They have a monthly subscription, but they offset that by having constant and consistent gameplay content added.

• Zee and WillWorthington3 like this

bleedout28
  • bleedout28

"Upstanding Legitimate Businessman"

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

Gxn7UsW.gif

GTA4's online mode was not as good as GTAO. GTA4's online was extremely prone to disconnects, unreal lag and exploits galore. It's like Rockstar made it and completely forgot about it 5 minutes after launch.

GTAO has been... a trying experience. It has more content that GTA4, but that isn't saying much, considering GTAO only delivered a fraction of what is promised in all of the hype videos and promos, which sadly is the case in pretty much every game... but that's beside the point. The only plus side about GTA4 was the fact that it delivered what it promised.

However, the plus side of GTAO is that it appears that Rockstar is at the very least trying to fix the problems with GTAO, adding in clothing, guns and cars, and say they are working on heists... which we probably wont see implemented until 2016... but they are "trying".

What really sucks is that the community is active for GTAO and is giving out good ideas for Rockstar to use. The best way to keep your game successful is give the players what they want, which is extremely easy especially when those players are TELLING you what they want. With all of the feedback they get, especially on these forums and on their feeds, it surprising this game can be boring at all. We are practically handing them the keys to the kingdom of success and yet they are ignoring them and continuing to keep their heads in the sand.

• WillWorthington3, xonic and THE GHETTO JEZUS like this

Alarming
  • Alarming

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

Another post in this thread about cash cards. Get over it already.

Think of it like this.

From a business perspective, you don't release new items every month as people want to enjoy what their bought for a few months.

You don't see a new Barbie every month. They wait a few months for people to get bored then release another.

Cash cards should actually be viewed as a good thing. You want cash card players to keep playing as rockstar will want to release good updates to keep these players playing and buying cash cards.
  • am30 likes this

sD_Killer
  • sD_Killer

Wanna get high?

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:40 PM

The longer it takes them to come out with the high life update the more bored i become, i made a promise to myself if they don't release it on April 20th then im going to buy a tank.... looks like im getting a tank.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:43 PM

Think of it like this.

From a business perspective, you don't release new items every month as people want to enjoy what their bought for a few months.

You don't see a new Barbie every month. They wait a few months for people to get bored then release another.

Cash cards should actually be viewed as a good thing. You want cash card players to keep playing as rockstar will want to release good updates to keep these players playing and buying cash cards.

I don't see the problem with cash cards, no one is forced to buy them. Plus as long as people keep buying them there should be more free content.

• am30 likes this

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

Imma tell you guys straight.

find a popular spot on the map. say.... lsc.

and claim that bitch. put your pv in front of the door so people cant get into it and just shoot everyone who gets close.

i just did it for a half hour straight and got a dozen kills on someone 30 levels over me....only for him to get his tank and suck the fun out of small arms combat.

i still killed him and his tank with rpgs and stuff. but still.

VERY fun.

find a popular spot, claim it. let nobody in. its more fun with friends.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:52 PM Edited by RealHoosier07, 19 April 2014 - 11:57 PM.

Keep telling yourself that.  Cash cards are a game killer because it limits the gameplay content they put into the game.  Monthly subscription is much better because it allows them to put TONS of gameplay content into the game without worrying about it killing their income.  We have had basically zero new gameplay elements added to this game since its release.  New cars and guns are NOT new content..they are new additions that don't really add anything new to do.  There is a reason for that...Heists, the Mission Creator...both of those things are great ways to make money, especially the misson creator(it is an endless amount of missions that pay out decent money), so they have delayed them to protect their cash cards.

There are ways of making money that don't take away the gameplay, and a monthly subscription is the best way of doing it.  Before you say that monthly subscriptions would kill the player base, you need to realize that the biggest online games out there do this and they are making TONS of money, even after 10 years of being out.  GTAV, at the rate it's going and with the way the dev team is handling it, will be obsolete before it hits one year.

On another note, if you actually enjoy a new car, new guns, and clothing for a "few months", then you are very easily amused.  These are horrible examples of "new content".  Those things are only cool if you have new things to DO with them.  Cars, guns, and clothing are cool for about 2 or 3 hours and that's it.  Furthermore, it's ridiculous that we have to do the same missions we've been doing for 7 months just to get the money to buy these new cars and guns.  It's just another way of forcing people to buy cash cards.  I will never buy a cash card because it's asinine and rockstar eats up the fact that there are so many stupid people out there.  

• Zee and xonic like this

ArcadeWilliamz
  • ArcadeWilliamz

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:52 PM

I'm waiting for the next update.
  • xonic and sD_Killer like this

PJ-147
  • PJ-147

qotd

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

To be honest at the moment they can't put TONS of new gameplay content into the game, because the servers can't handle it.

I love playing GTA online, i really do, but i would stop instantly if i had to pay a monthly subscription fee for it, i rather buy a cash card if you don't mind.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

Think of it like this.

I don't see the problem with cash cards, no one is forced to buy them. Plus as long as people keep buying them there should be more free content.

You completely miss the point.  Sure, nobody is forced to buy them, but they kill the gameplay content that could have been added long ago.  I went into detail about this above.  New guns and new cars IS NOT NEW CONTENT.  Adding new things to do in the game is content, not cars.  New cars are neat and everything, but we are still grinding the same missions over and over.  Rockstar sits back and laughs that so many people in this game don't even see the fact that they have added NOTHING NEW to do in this game since release.  They throw a couple cars and guns out there and tell you "Hey, either grind the same missions you've been grinding for 7 months OR buy a cash card".  This game will not last for years like they want it to because of this horrible dev strategy.

To be honest at the moment they can't put TONS of new gameplay content into the game, because the servers can't handle it.

I love playing GTA online, i really do, but i would stop instantly if i had to pay a monthly subscription fee for it, i rather buy a cash card if you don't mind

It doesnt matter that ONE guys says he would quit if it were a monthly subscription.  The facts show the truth...there are several online games out there, which happen to be the most successful online games AND have the biggest player bases...and they are MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION.  The reason people are willing to pay that subscription is because they are always getting new content that really adds to the game.  GTAV has virtually had ZERO new gameplay content...ZERO.  That is the reason this game is dying off.  

• Zee likes this

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

Think of it like this.

You completely miss the point.  Sure, nobody is forced to buy them, but they kill the gameplay content that could have been added long ago.  I went into detail about this above.  New guns and new cars IS NOT NEW CONTENT.  Adding new things to do in the game is content, not cars.  New cars are neat and everything, but we are still grinding the same missions over and over.  Rockstar sits back and laughs that so many people in this game don't even see the fact that they have added NOTHING NEW to do in this game since release.  They throw a couple cars and guns out there and tell you "Hey, either grind the same missions you've been grinding for 7 months OR buy a cash card".  This game will not last for years like they want it to because of this horrible dev strategy.

You're some kind of f*cking idiot, aren't you?

• n0tj0sh33 likes this

PJ-147
  • PJ-147

qotd

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

Thanks for the UPPERCASE words, i think i get your point now, we even got below ZERO with all the FREEZING going on lately.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

Think of it like this.

Lol..you can call names all you want, but the facts speak for themselves.  You have an opinion...what I say is fact based on other games doing things differently and having a lot more success than GTAO.  Everything I said is true and if you don't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

sD_Killer
  • sD_Killer

Wanna get high?

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

Thanks for the UPPERCASE words, i think i get your point now, we even got below ZERO with all the FREEZING going on lately.

I use to be like you i would freeze all the time, and then for some weird reason it just randomly stopped no joke its the strangest thing haven't froze 1 time in the last week and a half, still counting the days lol.

MitchMaljers
  • MitchMaljers

Dank

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

I'm waiting for the next update.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

Think of it like this.

Lol..you can call names all you want, but the facts speak for themselves.  You have an opinion...what I say is fact based on other games doing things differently and having a lot more success than GTAO.  Everything I said is true and if you don't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

I would also add that anyone that has to resort to name calling and cussing is obviously the "idiot", not me.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:18 AM Edited by 2281, 20 April 2014 - 12:19 AM.

I would also add that anyone that has to resort to name calling and cussing is obviously the "idiot", not me.

I would also like to add that anyone who claims their statements to be fact and not opinion, but fails to provide evidence for their claims is obviously the "idiot".

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:19 AM

I would also like to add that anyone who claims their statements to be fact and not opinion, but fails to provide evidence for their claims is obviously the "idiot".

Can't forget that they resort to talking about cash cards....

• 2281 likes this

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

Can't forget that they resort to talking about cash cards....

15225745.jpg

• JoeMamma and n0tj0sh33 like this

PJ-147
  • PJ-147

qotd

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:23 AM

I use to be like you i would freeze all the time, and then for some weird reason it just randomly stopped no joke its the strangest thing haven't froze 1 time in the last week and a half, still counting the days lol.

That's because you have a towel (ie) and i always freeze when the cops tell me too.

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

Nope, I'm still enjoying myself as much as I was at the start. The missions get repetitive, and I end up doing a lot of the same stuff, but honestly it's fun every time. I always have people to play with, and they are all people I know in real life, it's a blast and hilarious all the time. A simple crash in races can crack me up. Their reactions mainly.

• Tabula Rasa likes this

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:47 AM

Go look up the facts on World of Warcraft.  It's a monthly subscription and still has a playerbase of like 8 or 9 million, after 10 years.  There are more online games like this. If you would take the time to look these things up instead of spending your time calling people idiots, I wouldn't have to tell you this.  That's a fact.

Go look up the facts on World of Warcraft.  It's a monthly subscription and still has a playerbase of like 8 or 9 million, after 10 years.  There are more online games like this. If you would take the time to look these things up instead of spending your time calling people idiots, I wouldn't have to tell you this.  That's a fact.  Most of you that are mad about my comments are just mad because you are the one's rockstar is laughing at as they rake in the money that you spend on those stupid cash cards.  Not only are cash cards killing the content in this game, they are also for lazy gamers.

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:52 AM

^^^^^

Are you seriously quoting your own quote, for one, and stating facts that happened on World of Warcraft??! 

Get the f*ck out of here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users