This game is so repetitive. All I find myself doing is driving around seeing what people are up too. Nothing else to explore, no where to enter, lack of customization. Any ideas what I can do? And does anyone else feel this way?
OP if you are a true RPGer at heart, then the only solution is to return to Skyrim (assuming you're playing on the PC). 820 hours and counting btw.
all thanks to a completely immersive world. Where 100% of the buildings have unique enterable interiors. And a sh*t load of items inside and outside them with which your character can interact to improve their skills, armor, weapons. Or the fact that your character can roleplay a humble farmer with 6 kids & a wife. And raise crops and live stock by day, then transform into a werewolf, vampire, Theif or Assassin Guildmaster by night.
To date, no such role playing flexibility exists in GTA or V, the way it did back in SA (and GTA IV to a more limited extent). GTAO is all about developing combat skills. Yet my char still can't
1. use any gym equipment or work out at the muscle beach FFS.
2. take time off from being a hit man to go on a gambling spree in a casino. Or
3. speculate and make money by playing the defunct stock market. Or
4. take a weekend to go on a hunting and camping expedition at Mt. Chillad. Or
5. entertain friends on a deep sea cruise on his $$$$$ yacht--let alone access it's interior to sleep. Or
6. scuba dive for fun or treasure/collectibles. Or
7. chill at the beach and harass the peds with his pet Rottie. Or train his dog to steal the female peds bikinis Or
8. buy hot dogs. why??? wtf??? Why aren't hot dog vendors available while doing missions btw? Why cut this feature from GTA IV??? Or
9. Buying drugs from Smoke on the Water, or random peds who are drug dealers like back in SA. Or
10. hang out at the pier and play aracade games Bully carnival style. Or ride ALL the amusement park rides. Or
11. be able to meet peds on Life Invader and then take them on a date---except no nightlife other than the strip joint really exists
The list is endless. But this is the SA style level of sand box interactivity I expected to experience when the game shipped last year.
FACT: Repetition would be greatly reduced if the game world was truly the fully interactive, immersive sandbox it was hyped to be.
IMO, SP and GTAO might have lived up to the hype if R* took the time to provide more IN DEPTH DLC. Similar to the way player mods have kept Skyrim alive to date. Because calling the release of 2-3 supers and some new clothing DLC is bullsh*t IMO. R* really needs to take some pages out of Bethesda's playbook. Because mods on Steam and Nexus have basically reinvented, overhauled and extended the shelf life of Skyrim. Mods like Frostfall, Civil War Overhaul, Better Dragons, many hunting mods etc, have added hundreds of extra game hours in new quests, skills, NPCs and other game content. They've added new locations to explore to even complete professional looking DLC worlds like Falskaar.
The ongoing lack of an imersive sandbox world is what is killing V and GTAO IMO. People are finally waking up to the fact all the crap that R* has put out so far has been completely superficial bullsh*t
Anyhoo, if you're not a Skyrim fanboy or lack a PC, then there is always the same repetitive K/D glory of CoD
However, your post might be an indicator you need to change the way you're currently doing things. A real world DOES actually exist outside your gaming console as well you know. So you might want to consider taking up real life activities like playing soccer or football with friends--basically doing the real life equivalent of what your char does (like golfing and skydiving in the game)