Quantcast

» «
Photo

Other open world game companies have no balls!

51 replies to this topic
FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

My problem with gta V is that it's pretty much the only * realistic*open world city/driving game with modern physics and graghics.

Saints Row IV is garbage. In the sense of being realistic because of all that alien crap etc etc. Saints row 1 and 2 was fun for its time. The reason that company hanged it's style is because it didn't want to be a "gta clone"

saintsrow_3.jpg

Driver3r and parralel lines was really fun. I loved the driving and crash phsics way more than I did in San andreas. San andreas was way more fun, obviously. I found that I played driver parrel lines as much as I did with san andreas. Driver san fransico dramaticaly changed because they didn't want to be a "gta clone" so they went to just driving literaly lol.

Driver_-_Parallel_Lines_Coverart.jpg

When I played true crime new york city I found that game to be pretty fun at the time, I havn't played the new one yet, I can't say too much about it.

I havn't played watch dogs yet so I can't say too much about it.

My point is. Every other open world game tries to be "different" gta that they end up turning there game into utter crap trying to be "different"

The problem now is that, let's be real. There isn't any other open world game like how gta is. So gta in the sense has a bit of a monopoly. The problem is that gta will make there game however they want and not put too much effort into the fun aspect of it because no matter what, people will still by it. People stil by it because there isn't really much options.

If we had a variety of other *realistic* open world games then rockstar games would have to put a lot more effort into there games to make it more fun and lasting in terms of the single player aspect.

There is no such thing as a gta clone. These other companies need to man up and stop acting like sissies to try to be *different*

• MadMugen and nobum62 like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:41 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 18 April 2014 - 09:44 PM.

Great Thread bro...I will be back soon with comments and some articles and yes there is such thing as "GTA Clone" :)

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

GTAV has sh*tty physics lol. Way toned down from IV.
  • Lazyboy. likes this

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

Well, Volition had the balls to release SRTT and SRIV so....

• CatDog96 likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:41 AM

gta 5 isn't even realistic, IV had better physics and realism. and a game doesn't have to be realistic to be good, I think SR IV is a lot more fun than gta 5.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:43 AM

Driver san fransico dramaticaly changed because they didn't want to be a "gta clone" so they went to just driving literaly lol.

No, they went back to their roots. Driver 1 was in San Francisco and was driving only, thus Driver SF was driving only. Plus Driver can't clone something that hadn't existed yet; Driver 1 and 2 was released before GTA was ever 3D. GTA would be the clone.

I don't know if other games shy away from trying to be like GTA's open world, most other companies just may not have been willing to put in as much cash that Rockstar and Reflections had in the past. It's a big risk. 100's of people's jobs could be lost if a game doesn't sell well enough. It's clear that Saints Row didn't have the funding needed to make the first two games look as good as they should have, but they certaintly created a fun open world game. Now that they see SR is profitable, more time and money can be spent.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:27 AM Edited by iNero, 19 April 2014 - 05:31 AM.

Another fanboy thread...
GTAV isnt realisitc at all. Arcady shooting, arcady driving, arcady graphics.

GTA4 was way more realistic in all of that. MAFIA 2 is a lot more realistic than GTAV too. Would say it is even more realistic than GTA4.
Far Cry 3 might be boring ( to me at least ) but it is more realisitc too.

Saints Row doesnt even want to be realisitc. They want to be that ridiciously crazy and over the top game. Thats what people love about it. You must be silly to compare Saints Row with GTA...

And being off topic a bit:

Games like Saints Row and Sleeping Dogs have their own strengths. GTA doesnt even come near to the fighting system of sleeping dogs. And GTA also is far away from having as much content as Saints Row. Saints Row has tons of mini games, side missions, customization options and so on. Apart from that, you can play the whole SP in coop.
  • Osho likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

Saints Row wins for co op. It's so fun playing with a friend. 

I nearly busted my spleen and died laughing so hard the last time I played Saints Row 3 with my friend. 

Can't remember the last time I had fun playing GTA V...and I just started my second playthrough yesterday. 

marmoo
  • marmoo

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:02 AM

Are we just comparing GTA V to similar games or are we able to compare to games such as ARMA 2 which as an open world multiplayer is pretty decent

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:08 AM Edited by NightSpectre, 19 April 2014 - 06:08 AM.

Another fanboy thread...

GTA4 was way more realistic in all of that. MAFIA 2 is a lot more realistic than GTAV too. Would say it is even more realistic than GTA4.

Saints Row doesnt even want to be realisitc. They want to be that ridiciously crazy and over the top game. Thats what people love about it. You must be silly to compare Saints Row with GTA...

Games like Saints Row and Sleeping Dogs have their own strengths. GTA doesnt even come near to the fighting system of sleeping dogs. And GTA also is far away from having as much content as Saints Row. Saints Row has tons of mini games, side missions, customization options and so on. Apart from that, you can play the whole SP in coop.

Yeah, because Tattoos that magically appear on your skin and makes you superhuman is realistic.

MadMugen
  • MadMugen

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:30 AM

Another fanboy thread...

Well SR use to have tons of mini games, side missions, customization options, etc. with SR and SR2. Can't say the same with SR3 and SR4. Sleping Dogs did its own thing with the focus on fighting with some gameplay in a open world. Hopefully Sleeping Dogs will continue that and not do a Saints Row by abandoning what they use to be.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

Another fanboy thread...
GTA4 was way more realistic in all of that. MAFIA 2 is a lot more realistic than GTAV too. Would say it is even more realistic than GTA4.Far Cry 3 might be boring ( to me at least ) but it is more realisitc too.

Yeah, because Tattoos that magically appear on your skin and makes you superhuman is realistic.

Follow the path of thee warrior, JASON!

Use the power of the tatau!

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:17 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 19 April 2014 - 07:26 AM.

*yawn* okay i am back,before i start throwing in Articles/Videos that praises GTA in everyways,i am going to share this video and it about what many OWG does better than GTA (GTA5),here is it:

Side Note:the OP is 100x right (with the exception of him not knowing the term GTA Clone),I wouldnt include anything to do with the 90s (2D Era) GTAs and it will be from GTA3-GTA5 vs other OWGs...If it getting heated i will end it by showing each OWG Franchises' Review History that includes Saints Row 1-Saints Row 4,True Crime,Scarface etc (with the exception of Driver cus it not an OWG franchise but was a GTA Clone at one stage,and i will also exclude the reviews of the 2D Era GTAs) and everyone is entitled to their opinions,thanks :D...

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:06 AM Edited by Osho, 19 April 2014 - 08:12 AM.

I actually didn't get the point you are in reality trying to bring up.

Today, companies make the games as per "what sells" and "what's popular".

Everything revolves around it. I may not be able to explain in much detail, but one fine example would be GTA V

In GTA V, "what sells" is really a lot different than the past titles, and among "what's popular", it counts big map, graphics, and as such already discussed features that are either improvised to cater casual players ( more specifically, new players ) and/or implemented to give a fresh touch to the series, so that overall it satisfies every player, be it past fans or new one's.

Now, how much it succeeded in satisfying me, you or others, can be easily seen in GTA V section debates about the game.

I don't think GTA V is a *realistic* rather arcade with a complex and detailed world thrown in.

Likewise, many people quite easily push aside to mention around the gaming device that was chosen, in the first place, to hold all your complains and put its function to the best result.

That truly sucks about companies who think that their preferences are still not to concentrate on the "other" much better device "too", rather stick to just "what sells"  :p

EDIT: forgot to mention *in the first place* as highlighted!

MadMugen
  • MadMugen

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

Well, Volition had the balls to release SRTT and SRIV so....

Not the same. They nearly abandoned a lot of gangs is SR3 and just dropped the gangs for aliens and super powers in SR4. It went from a crime series to an alien super hero series. Don't get me started on SR3 and SR4 having the worst open world environement I've played so far.....

MadMugen
  • MadMugen

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

I persoanly don't think GTA V is the king of open world crime games. I honestly give it to SR2. Outside of the gameplay and graphics (SR2 is 5 years older than GTAV though). I guess to me the GTA series went to the serious side while the SR series went the silly side which really doesn't leave anything in the middle. That's one of the reasons why I like SR2 so much.

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

I persoanly don't think GTA V is the king of open world crime games. I honestly give it to SR2. Outside of the gameplay and graphics (SR2 is 5 years older than GTAV though). I guess to me the GTA series went to the serious side while the SR series went the silly side which really doesn't leave anything in the middle. That's one of the reasons why I like SR2 so much.

You're saying SR2 beats GTA V to be the best open world crime game.

I really find it improper to state SR2, since a lot of "THE GOOD" factors were earlier totally unplayable because of "THE BAD" factors.

Thanks to Gentlemen of the Row mod and the modding community, in general, that actually made it playable on PC. 

And still, it's not the best for me, except the only good title in the series worth playing.

MadMugen
  • MadMugen

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

You're saying SR2 beats GTA V to be the best open world crime game.

I really find it improper to state SR2, since a lot of "THE GOOD" factors were earlier totally unplayable because of "THE BAD" factors.

Thanks to Gentlemen of the Row mod and the modding community, in general, that actually made it playable on PC. 

And still, it's not the best for me, except the only good title in the series worth playing.

Only played it on consoles.

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

I truly don't know what to say, that you STILL find so great about it, since SR2 being one of the worst ports, the way it was intended for consoles, offers only better optimized gameplay and controls, but still it sucks with the bugs and few other things that could be fixed.

But, since you like it, that's enough and no argument on that point  :^:

MadMugen
  • MadMugen

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

I truly don't know what to say, that you STILL find so great about it, since SR2 being one of the worst ports, the way it was intended for consoles, offers only better optimized gameplay and controls, but still it sucks with the bugs and few other things that could be fixed.

But, since you like it, that's enough and no argument on that point  :^:

Ocassional freezing and glitches, nothing thats game breaking for me. Same thing with GTA V, Sleeping Dogs, etc.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

Driver_-_Parallel_Lines_Coverart.jpg

But the soundtrack it had kicked ass to any GTA game.

• Osho likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

*yawn* okay i am back,before i start throwing in Articles/Videos that praises GTA in everyways,i am going to share this video and it about what many OWG does better than GTA (GTA5),here is it:

That video got so much biased bullsh*t in it, I don't even know where to start. Ideal GTA would be huge ass map done with automatic items placement, full of pink dildos and aliens, where you can torture guy by stuffing him with haribo bears and listening to Haddaway at the same time. Thanks, I'll pass. 

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

THEY DON'T MAKE WHAT I LIKE, WHICH IS AN EXACT CLONE OF GTA, SO THEY HAVE NO BALLS FOR DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT INSTEAD (How does that even f*cking work?).

Are we just comparing GTA V to similar games or are we able to compare to games such as ARMA 2 which as an open world multiplayer is pretty decent

No, you can't compare anything else but the exact same genre, which had GTA-clone in their review and then you can only pick out of Saint's Row or Sleeping Dogs, else it'll become to complex.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Another fanboy thread...
GTA4 was way more realistic in all of that. MAFIA 2 is a lot more realistic than GTAV too. Would say it is even more realistic than GTA4.Far Cry 3 might be boring ( to me at least ) but it is more realisitc too.

And carrying the half of an military arsenal under your coat is, or what???
Lol.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

Another fanboy thread...

Lol.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

I wouldn't call GTA realsitic that much, considering the massive amounts of health the player possesses and the superhuman abilities the player can have due to a certain code. Most of the time I spent in IV was messing with the ragdoll physics, albeit forcing Niko out of a speeding car and watch him tumble across busy roads, or watch him get swooped by helicopter rotors and watch him turn into the thing he got hit by. It's such a shame this was watered down in V considering I'm simply bored of the things to do and city in IV compared to V, and I'd rather not pop in IV simply to watch Niko force himself out of an Infernus. V's ragdoll isn't even that realistic, I'd even say IV's is more realistic. I mean, if you were speeding across a highway and jumped out, would you slide or tumble? I cannot understand for the life of me why rockstar implemented the dumbed down ragdoll in V. But hey, atleast we have the ability to do sumorsaults and dive head first into people. That sh*t is fun.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

Another fanboy thread...

Lol.

uhm, so?

What are you trying to tell me?

Can you see a mini-gun? or an RPG, 4-5 Assault Rifles, 3 or 4 SMGs, 2 Sniper Rifles, 3 or 4 shotguns or anything?

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:23 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 19 April 2014 - 12:25 PM.

Here is a Video by IGN from 2008,and i guess NO OWG were included but GTA (GTA3) and that why NO other OWG Franchise can dethrone GTA and also why the term "GTA Clone" was created:

Side Note:tbh i dont think we need to go further cus we all no GTA is unbeatable when it comes to the Genre it defined and popularised (and i dont need to bring in articles for that)....and every GTA clones failed to compete with GTA (GTA5) and as OP said they dont have the balls,Saints Row failed with the 3rd and 4th game infact GTA is on it own league after the release of V.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

Here is a Video by IGN from 2008,and i guess NO OWG were included but GTA (GTA3) and that why NO other OWG Franchise can dethrone GTA and also why the term "GTA Clone" was created:

Side Note:tbh i dont think we need to go further cus we all no GTA is unbeatable when it comes to the Genre it defined and popularised (and i dont need to bring in articles for that)....and every GTA clones failed to compete with GTA (GTA5) and as OP said they dont have the balls,Saints Row failed with the 3rd and 4th game infact GTA is on it own league after the release of V.

The term GTA Clone came around cause of the stubborn fanboys. Just like the term COD clone ( aka Titanfall ). They don't want to accept there is better games out there than there beloved game. Sure it might be as popular but how can you judge how good a game is just by its sales alone? 

IGN, Gamespot, and etc.. are all bias to something. IGN to GTA and COD and Gamespot to everything that's MS. 

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

Fanboy or not, SR is a GTA clone. A damn good one at that, then SRTT happened. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users