[PS3] Flying - Request skilled pilots for the Red Arrows

129 replies to this topic
ThousandFangs
  • ThousandFangs

Airborn mercenary

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

I play for extended periods of time on the weekends(8/9:00 am-11:30pm/1:00 am), and cannot come online during the weekdays because of my end of course tests, and my finals. I am very active on the weekends, though. So, I should be free mainly during any moment on the weekends.

Rezki-Romeijn
  • Rezki-Romeijn

Monoisajnoiauhnai

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

@Odyseous see thread on page 1, there are all the players up-to-date with their position, i cant come online from saturday, i have my final exams until 5/22 after i have one month nothing so i will come online all day, i suggest we can practice for now and do the show after the exams?
  • Odyseous2040 likes this

rockstarfanboy1987
  • rockstarfanboy1987

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

I really think that we should concentrate more on the core of our Crew - the Lazer. Why don't we go into public lobbies and show the power of the Red Arrows? We call ourselves Red Arrows -but all we do is maneuvering in green sprunk mallards  :lol:

I just want to have some fun after a hard 10 hour working day and not just following instructions through the mic. Maybe I'm in the wrong crew but I think a big fraction in here feels the same.

No offense just my point of view.

ThousandFangs
  • ThousandFangs

Airborn mercenary

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:19 PM Edited by ThousandFangs, 07 May 2014 - 07:19 PM.

Just don't troll with the Fighter jet. I patrol the skies of Los Santos when by myself in public lobbies in a Lazer - To watch out for griefers, and help those being griefed. But, I do not do it to the point of tr0lling or griefing. Since I constantly practice with the fighter jet, I can do strafing runs on the ground with the Lazer's cannons, and only kill the one griefing without taking damage. But, that's usually only a solo operation since most of the red arrows don't seem to be online when I am.

Rezki-Romeijn
  • Rezki-Romeijn

Monoisajnoiauhnai

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:05 PM Edited by Rezki-Romeijn, 07 May 2014 - 08:19 PM.

<See Below>

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:08 PM

ill be coming online in a minute guys! see you soon!

ThousandFangs
  • ThousandFangs

Airborn mercenary

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:10 PM Edited by ThousandFangs, 07 May 2014 - 08:11 PM.

Check a comment I posted regarding the air show on saturday, in the topic regarding the air show for saturday. @All Red Arrows

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

just read there will be no meet his afternoon? thats fine ill come on wheb you guys are.

i bought a crop duster cuz of the smoke trails!!

was up all night practicing with the lazer

We flew under EVERYTHING!!!!!

Rezki-Romeijn
  • Rezki-Romeijn

Monoisajnoiauhnai

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:19 PM

We are coming online now 

I really think that we should concentrate more on the core of our Crew - the Lazer. Why don't we go into public lobbies and show the power of the Red Arrows? We call ourselves Red Arrows -but all we do is maneuvering in green sprunk mallards  :lol:

I just want to have some fun after a hard 10 hour working day and not just following instructions through the mic. Maybe I'm in the wrong crew but I think a big fraction in here feels the same.

No offense just my point of view.

That is totally not true, we were like flying all evening two days ago in a public lobby with a full formation of 7(please look the picture in thread), we were flying over other people in the lobby which was really awesome. Odyseous had an idea to set up a show, so we were practicing with the mallard in a privat lobby, usely we are always flying the lazer in public lobby and we will set up the show with the lazer in a public lobby. We are in the beginning of crew, if you think you are in the wrong crew please join another crew on ps3, good luck finding one cuz you shouldnt judge after one or two days, i am working allday around to get everything worked out. To night we will fly again with the lazer in a public lobby, please join in and enjoy the formation with engagement. Due some delay we will start at 2100 GMT!

StayTrue
  • StayTrue

Nomad

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

Just signed on

flyingman1990
  • flyingman1990

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

would love to do some inverted flying tonight

Rezki-Romeijn
  • Rezki-Romeijn

Monoisajnoiauhnai

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:38 PM Edited by Rezki-Romeijn, 07 May 2014 - 11:40 PM.

Update to ALL Reds, We are passing the beginning stages of the Red Arrows Team and everything is getting shaped in so lets fill in the next Survey, please answer the following questions:

1. The things that are going really well, where you are really positive and happy about what the RA Team is offering you.
2. The things that can be better in some way, please note Tips where we can work on.
3. Any other ideas you want to share with the RA Team we may can change or do in the future.

When you answer them please think about anything that is linked with the team like the organisation, communication with mic, the things we do in formation crossflying and other type of flying.

As a Leader i really want to work this team out to the best because i really think we all can get up to a next and professional level! I am working on a live stream channel, see you tomorrow around 8pm-gmt

10154377_10202381278676805_1137967893323

Rezki

• Odyseous2040 and ThousandFangs like this

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:24 AM Edited by Odyseous2040, 08 May 2014 - 12:28 AM.

To answer your questions.

The things that are going really well, where you are really positive and happy about what the RA Team is offering you.
Yes! Things are going really well! And Joining this flight squadron has opened my eyes to the capabilities of several people working together and on the same page, To coordinate difficult stunts and formations in a way I didn't even think possible for a video game!

The things that can be better in some way, please note Tips where we can work on.

Some of the things I think we could work on are Gaining members who can CONSISTENTLY attend daily practices.

So finding commited team members, 

I think focusing more and practicing more of the stunts and cross flying we've been doing.

It seems as though once we complete a stunt we're ON to the next!

When really, we should practice, practice, practice, the same stunt over and over until not only does it become perfect! But then we can perform them Consistently and Anywhere.

I think communication is good, but theres room for improvement, (Clearer mics, Commands and Ques that we can all reference)

Seems like when you say "Rotate" Or when your calling out formation numbers, Some of us have No idea what you mean!

So writing a list of commands and Ques that have definitions and posting them here for us all to reference, And use these commands Consistently in practice.

We can work on Timing as well.    

Formation flying could be tighter.  But overall I understand its difficult to fly closely with turbulence and the skill of some flyers Vs others.

Any other ideas you want to share with the RA Team we may can change or do in the future.

Uniforms!

Last night fornuc8 & I practiced the cross Group loop with stunt planes, Then the duster, And even Titans!! Dude it was sick! We performed a perfect loop maneuver in the titans!

So variety is a must! We should be able to perform all stunts and maneuvers in most other aircraft.

Commands and a better organized "names of our tricks or maneuvers" if you will.

So write each stunt down.

And write specific commands to follow throughout times of the flight so that we can all get on the same page.

Def Need consistent members!

ID Numbers for our planes. So the lead pilot would be #1, the next would be #2 Etc.

But we need an easier way to identify each other, ( ideas I have none)

Maybe trying all vestras in a session? Each one has its own unique color.  Ad may help distinguish who's who until we get it right.

Overall im having a lot of fun with you guys.

Rezki-Romeijn
  • Rezki-Romeijn

Monoisajnoiauhnai

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:24 AM

@Odyseous Check the thread on the first page, it is up to date atm!
See you tomorrow Rezki  :r*:

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:08 AM

@Odyseous Check the thread on the first page, it is up to date atm!
See you tomorrow Rezki  :r*:

Nice! Im digging all the new additions!  Althought I still don't know what you meant when you say rotate lol. (Pulling up ) Im pretty sure =P

Also I noticed we have quite the team of peeps!!

Are all of them in the crew?

Can most/all of them attend daily practices??

On another note I MAY not be able to attend tomorrow's practice, Fridays practice, or Saturdays.

Tomorrow I have a physical and its an hour away. So I will be driving all day.

Friday I have a drug test which is also an hour away

And Saturday I gotta help my gramma move =PP

Sunday through the rest of the week I will be attending the daily meets though for sure!

Hope that's not a problem and hope you guys can fair well without me!

rockstarfanboy1987
  • rockstarfanboy1987

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:59 AM Edited by rockstarfanboy1987, 08 May 2014 - 06:55 AM.

things that really go well:

What really helps me to be a good part in this crew is flying behind someone with experience (yesterday ben or rezki the day before ) as I can see what to do first etc... I never flew in formations before but I always try my best to get things started. Please keep this routine when we fly in groups of 2 or 3 pilots

- you guys always try to repeat your sentence when I didn't understand something, thats very helpful especially when english isnt your mother tongue

things that can be better:

-The time of our meets. For someone who is living +1 GMT and working the next day its hard to join for more than 1-2 hours daily. Maybe we can start more early ( but I honestly know its maybe my personal thing as the majority is situated in the US)

- lets concentrate on Lazers as our main plane ( just like we did it yesterday)

edit.: Can someone remember (and post) the epic gif where someone is flying 2 times in a row through zancudo tunnel with the lazer, the second time in reverse ???

I just need it as my signature but can't find it anywhere...

Rezki-Romeijn
  • Rezki-Romeijn

Monoisajnoiauhnai

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:32 AM Edited by Rezki-Romeijn, 08 May 2014 - 09:33 AM.

Tomorrow evening is my final event, after i really need to prepare for my exams, all Reds see you back at 5/22, i am sure Ben, Thousandfangs and Odyseous will take over the group and lead them to the best!
Thnx for the hard job everyone, after exams i will be on al day :)

<Note> To ALL Reds, i have posted all the formations in the thread, see page one and take a look!

Rezki Romeijn

ThousandFangs
  • ThousandFangs

Airborn mercenary

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

1. From what I have observed, things have been going great, from the communication going forth, as well as how everyone has been getting along with one another.

2. The only thing I can see we need to work on is just getting used to one another's time zones, so we can coordinate practice sessions better, but otherwise I have not seen anything else needed to work on.

3. Only idea I can see is to fly more often with the Fighter jet.

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:11 PM Edited by Odyseous2040, 08 May 2014 - 07:25 PM.

Edit I still cant come today. I tgought maybe i could but i gitta take my truck into the shop. =< Gaaaay.
@Rezki. I will gladly post here and take over for you with ben and thousand fangs.

will let you know when i come on sunday. practice times will remain the same

StayTrue
  • StayTrue

Nomad

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:45 PM Edited by StayTrue, 08 May 2014 - 08:01 PM.

Signing on in 15min

Odysseus pretty much took the words outta my mouth, no need to write all that again lol

Having a great time with this crew.

Only other thing I would like to see more of is arial death matches and objective based games.

Formation flying is cool and all but I feel like its priority level is too high. But with a big group, if there are a high number of us it would be cool to have multiple squads within the team to fly formations, kinda like yesterday at Zancudo AFB.
If we are flying one big formation and get a bogie comes in (possibly evenoff the radar) to attack, it would be nice to have predetermined squads that break up and each squad leader has a wingman or two.

Also using names such as "red 1"/ "red"2 and so forth would be great because if we are calling out positions or attack orders or whatever the persuant or other civilians won't know which plane or squad within the team we are.

ThousandFangs
  • ThousandFangs

Airborn mercenary

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Signing on in 15min

Odysseus pretty much took the words outta my mouth, no need to write all that again lol

Having a great time with this crew.

Only other thing I would like to see more of is arial death matches and objective based games.

Formation flying is cool and all but I feel like its priority level is too high. But with a big group, if there are a high number of us it would be cool to have multiple squads within the team to fly formations, kinda like yesterday at Zancudo AFB.
If we are flying one big formation and get a bogie comes in (possibly evenoff the radar) to attack it would be nice to have predetermined squads that break up and each squad leader has a wingman or two.

Also using names such as "red 1"/ "red"2 and so forth would be great because if we are calling out positions or attack orders or whatever the persuant or other civilians won't know which plane or squad within the team we are.

I already refer to myself like that. During radio check, I say 'Red 3 reporting in'. It's a habit, really. Hopefully If i can get online tomorrow, I can fly with the majority of you.

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

I wont be able to get online tomorrow as I have a Drug test at 2:45 with my new job. I gotta study for it!!!

And Saturday I gotta help my Gramma move!

gah!

But I Will be on sunday and the following days after that!

I LOVE the idea of red1 red2 etc.

I know I was online today and I tried calling rezki.

Had to let you know even though I was online I was major AFK.

I was letting some guy drive my hard top convertible sentinel around  in hopes of finding his own.

Rubber banded my controller so I didn't idle out and I had to take my truck to the shop.

Apparently it has Exhaust leaks EVERYWHERE!!  But at least it passed smog!

• Rezki-Romeijn likes this

ThousandFangs
  • ThousandFangs

Airborn mercenary

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

I really hope I can get online this weekend, I do want to fly with everyone, and see the newer members' potential and flight skills.

Rezki-Romeijn
  • Rezki-Romeijn

Monoisajnoiauhnai

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

All viewers of this thread, you still can apply.
Applyers that didnt show up for selection are banned, we are searching only commiting aviators!
Thank you All Reds, see you soon and good luck with the exams.
Rezki

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:10 PM Edited by Odyseous2040, 11 May 2014 - 07:10 PM.

Practice today at 2:00 P.m. PST

Let me know who will be attending.

If not 4 or more people then practice will be cancelled.

Tell yo mommas happy mothers day and lets try a few stunts guys!

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:25 PM Edited by Odyseous2040, 11 May 2014 - 09:06 PM.

NO PRACTICE TODAY>

Nobody Wants to come.

Enjoy your sunday every1 .

StayTrue
  • StayTrue

Nomad

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:11 PM Edited by StayTrue, 11 May 2014 - 10:15 PM.

If you still wanna kick it Odysseus I'll be on in about 15min

Woulda been on earlier but I had to clean up my pad, had a rager last night n my sh*t got wreaked lol

INF3RN040
  • INF3RN040

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:07 PM

psn: INF3RN040R

piloting experience: see it with your own eyes

time zone: Belgium

headset: yes and no

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:12 AM

If you still wanna kick it Odysseus I'll be on in about 15min

Woulda been on earlier but I had to clean up my pad, had a rager last night n my sh*t got wreaked lol

a mothers day party eh? lol j/k. Ill be getting on shortly. in tge next 20 min or so

Rezki-Romeijn
  • Rezki-Romeijn

Monoisajnoiauhnai

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:16 AM

Odyseous2040 you have the lead with Thousandfangs, both of you make sure you chek the forum (Add INF3RN040R) and for thousandfangs especially keep up the RA SC up-to-date when able, almost my first exam -_________________________-
Wish me good luck see yah Rezki :r*:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users