» «
Photo

Sandking XL - King of the road

96 replies to this topic
reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:38 PM Edited by reform, 24 April 2014 - 08:40 PM.

What do people do with the suspension? I initially left it standard for ground clearance, but have now gone for the first option (sports? Dunno) to improve handling slightly while still being able to go over eg freeway sidewalls easily.

Is that a waste of time? Does it improve handling? Is it still a usable 4x4 with Race Suspension? Etc.

Leaving it stock height or even going lowest isn't a waste od time depending on what you do most with the thing.

A lower sus will slightly improve heandling as the lower center of gravity means less roll, meaning more traction around corners etc.

It's also been suggested that custom suspensions are progressively more durable, with racing able to take more punishment, but I havn't noticed that to be the case.

But higher suspension is always a plus for driving over stuff without getting beached.

Lowered or Sport sus are probably a decent compromise. I guess just take the truck to the usual kind of things you like to drive over and see where the limit is.

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

You should mod the suspension if you want to go fast, leave it be for maximum clearance, which is what I'd do given this thing doesn't go fast no matter how hard you mod it. Get something else for racing.

Keep in mind, GTA does not have real world physics, it has a physics engine that says when you "lower" a suspension it sticks better, even if it's bass ackwards from real life. So it's worth doing if you want a burly off-road escape vehicle to climb up the mountain side on the run from 5-0, but for general messing around you want the clearance. 

s13racer316
  • s13racer316

DRFTSLT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:25 AM Edited by s13racer316, 25 April 2014 - 09:27 AM.

Off road only. On road is a four wheel drifting car eater with the turn radius of the moon...

0_0.jpg

Fully modded aside from the stock suspension. A must for swamp crawling and rapid climbing.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Levianne
  • Levianne

Green eyed miracle

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

Since yesterday/tonight I'm a proud owner of one of these steroids on wheels. :D

0_0.jpg

Got lucky in finding one, as I wasn't even on the look out for one. Just grabbed it as an exchange for the Baller (they spawn a lot, so I don't really need one in the garage).

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

Off road only. On road is a four wheel drifting car eater with the turn radius of the moon...

0_0.jpg

Fully modded aside from the stock suspension. A must for swamp crawling and rapid climbing.

SWB has a much better turning circle.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

IMO you shouldn't put Gas Fuels upgrade if you want to climb hills. it'll block the thing. I tried it once. never made it again.

unless you use the Sandking in On-Roads. then its fine.

Timpo
  • Timpo

Trash

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:10 PM Edited by Timpo, 25 April 2014 - 06:10 PM.

Been using it more than most of my "road" cars, recently. Drives like a charm when not cornering and almost unbreakable. You never have to dodge oncoming traffic, you just go through it. Or right over it...

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• ten-a-penny likes this

dairyworker
  • dairyworker

I am the milk man

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

dont have this anymore, will get another or maybe a duneloader....

0_0.jpg

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Police Mocker

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:43 PM Edited by Dr.Rosenthal, 26 April 2014 - 08:50 PM.

In part inspired by this thread, I bought a Sandking XL yesterday with my least used character. I had been thinking about it for awhile though.. Maxed it spec-wise, but didn't lower it or put gas tanks below the chassi for better offroad capabilities.

Not very surprisingly, it's really awesome for offroad driving since the car is hardly affected at all by smaller obstacles.. A great buy! I had a Karin Rebel before this for offroad (looks cool) but the Sandking is awesome and can really come in handy. I don't think I'll drive it much downtown though..

EDIT: Btw, this car (and others like it) should get an LSC-option to put a mounted machine gun in the back... That would be f*cking awesome.

• ten-a-penny and Ghostfire9 like this

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

In part inspired by this thread, I bought a Sandking XL yesterday with my least used character. I had been thinking about it for awhile though.. Maxed it spec-wise, but didn't lower it or put gas tanks below the chassi for better offroad capabilities.

Not very surprisingly, it's really awesome for offroad driving since the car is hardly affected at all by smaller obstacles.. A great buy! I had a Karin Rebel before this for offroad (looks cool) but the Sandking is awesome and can really come in handy. I don't think I'll drive it much downtown though..

EDIT: Btw, this car (and others like it) should get an LSC-option to put a mounted machine gun in the back... That would be f*cking awesome.

I didn't much intend to drive mine in the city either when I got mine. But it's a lot of fun f*cking up the traffic at busy intersections. Especially those dillitantes.

seek3r
  • seek3r

Chi Chi, get the yeyo

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

I thought that the limousine is a big car..

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• ten-a-penny likes this

PrimeTime MP
  • PrimeTime MP

The Peoples Champ

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• ten-a-penny likes this

Christophe69
  • Christophe69

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Nothing like running over a few cars on your way out!!

NikkoCharger
  • NikkoCharger

Passive Mode Bandit...

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

Bodhi-Clean Rebel master race....

PrimeTime MP
  • PrimeTime MP

The Peoples Champ

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

if you dont mind the lack of power, ground clearance and dont want to do any serious off-roading.... then yes those will be fine for you

• erkwang likes this

NikkoCharger
  • NikkoCharger

Passive Mode Bandit...

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

if you dont mind the lack of power, ground clearance and dont want to do any serious off-roading.... then yes those will be fine for you

Lack of power? Stat wise the Rebel is identical and the Bodhi has better acceleration and speed. I've competed in many SandKing only races and managed to do quite well. Just because something is bigger doesn't mean it's better.

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

Bigger is better when you're ramming stuff or going over obstacles. I've yet to see a Sandking actually win a race, don't think that's what people are using them for. BTW I've yet to see a Rebel or Bodhi win a race either, probably because the Injection owns them both and I drive one. Burgerfahrzeug = Master race. 

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

My new Sandking XL

0_0.jpg

In terms of climbing, my Bifta is over Sandking and Rebel, tbh.

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

I'm still stuck at what color should I make mine. I'm looking for Military colors and I'm yet to find a good combination :(

though I'm using All-out Matte Forest Green as Secondary, Green for Primary.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:07 PM

I'm still stuck at what color should I make mine. I'm looking for Military colors and I'm yet to find a good combination :(

though I'm using All-out Matte Forest Green as Secondary, Green for Primary.

Use pale green (forgot how it called) and pale brown as secondary color. When I had SWB and XL last time, I always firstly painted them in nature theme, which is the color of mountain and sand. 

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

great tips. I may change it :)

I'll test the colors on SP first though.

SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

What kind of wheels are you supposed to put on the Sandking XL to really monster truck it out. I cycled through a couple but it seems the best tires are the ones that were on it when I found it. I made them bulletproof and everything but other than that I've left them for now.

0_0.jpg

You can't see them clearly here, sorry, but this is the only pic I have of it so far.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

There's no way to increase the size of the wheels. You only can change the rims and the tires. Size followed what Rockstar set.

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Rooftop Sniper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

Question! Will the double roll bars also make the back of a Sandking SWB bulletproof? 

Jugernot32
  • Jugernot32

Unstoppable Force

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

Question! Will the double roll bars also make the back of a Sandking SWB bulletproof? 

yes it will

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

I have both versions. damn the SWB can't even stand a thing against the XL! :devil:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Credits goes to the dude who suggested the color [left] since I grew tired from the gay-assed Green-Forest Green Matte [right]

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Rooftop Sniper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

yes it will

I asked while only seeing SWB's and Rebel's spawning, but I eventually found a black Sandking XL and stole it.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

The Sandkings are very fun to mess around in but when it comes down to it a fully upgraded Merryweather Mesa can kick its ass me and a few crew members had a game of cat and mouse in them. Sure the Sandking maybe able to climb but the Mesa would stop it dead in its tracks.

ashbashbluesfan
  • ashbashbluesfan

Professional Griefer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

Sandking is great for large hills and rocks and driving through water, the bulletproof back helps a lot too.

For steep climbing you need the canis kalahari, nothing is close to it's power to weight ratio and 4WD. from a complete stop it can go up near vertical slopes.

For speed you want either the bifta or the injection, bifta spins out too much for me though and the injections domed roof stops you flipping over completely, whilst offering more protection and higher clearance.

TheDjsicdog
  • TheDjsicdog

MMC4,GTAP,PJTR, HEARSE SHOP PS3

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

Sandking is great for large hills and rocks and driving through water, the bulletproof back helps a lot too.

For steep climbing you need the canis kalahari, nothing is close to it's power to weight ratio and 4WD. from a complete stop it can go up near vertical slopes.

For speed you want either the bifta or the injection, bifta spins out too much for me though and the injections domed roof stops you flipping over completely, whilst offering more protection and higher clearance.

Yeh sandking is king

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users