help taxi missions broken (ps2) :(

4 replies to this topic
ekul7245
  • ekul7245

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:48 AM

i have recently blown the dust off my old copy of gta 3 for  the ps2 i have an oldschool fat console and my goal is to 100% gta 3 i have gotten to 42 fares in the taxi missions but for some reason the taxi missions have just stopped working is theere any way to fix this bug i know it isnt a prooblem with the disk as i removed my memory card to start a new game to see if the taxis weere still working and they are but for some reason in my current save file when i enter into a taxi the little black box in the corner of the screen that says press r3 to begin taxi mission (or something like that) doesent appear and pressing r3 does absoloutely nothing all of the other r3 missions are working (vigilantee) (paramedic) but the taxi missions are broken please help i really want that extra 1%and the borgine taxi many thanks to any whoom read/help me troubleshoot

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

What do you mean 'Just Stopped Working'? After you did 42, the Taxi Driver mission ended?

The issue sounds like one that was encountered on the PC Version of GTA III by some of the Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Players, and I am not sure if there is a fix, other than making a new save file.

I'll still see if I can find any additional help soon for you :)

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

Yeah. We encountered this glitch when someone (lol232 ?) used the taxi glitch incorrectly, but there are probably other ways to run into it. Or perhaps it wasn't the incorrect use of buttons that caused it that time and it's just a random glitch.

Like GTAKid667 said, I don't think there is any fix. You will have to start a new game if you want to attain 100% completion.

ekul7245
  • ekul7245

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:36 PM

when i meen stopped working i mean to say that ive gotten to 42 fares (in a few attempts but as i recall they are accumulated) and saved the game to go do other things and when i have come back to do the taxi missions they just wont start when i press r3 nothing happens the game doesent even freeze for that split seakond like normal (in gta 3 and vice city it does this when you start any r3 mission)

gnfnrhead
  • gnfnrhead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

Just encountered the exact same issue. Got hopeful when I seen someone else with the issue but I guess a restart is in order. Unless you managed to get it working otherwise?

Just glad I noticed fairly early and didn't leave it until the end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users