Photo

How to master Steering in GTAO

17 replies to this topic
sD_Killer
  • sD_Killer

Wanna get high?

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:21 PM Edited by sD_Killer, 19 April 2014 - 01:00 AM.

Master how to drift and you will master how to drive in GTAO

for all the people complaining about super cars having horrible steering its not the car its you. Learn how to drift first then buy one, i can drift with my entity at full speed around some corners all it take is a bit of practice you can also counter steer if you feel like your gonna drift out don't forget just push the analog stick in the opposite direction. 

Edit: If you want to practice drifting go to the shipping docks, or what i call the drifting docks, have a nice day and don't forget to bring a towel.

Edit: not a GTAIV video anymore for all you butt-hurt people who think you need mods to drift 

Also in this video hes not racing so hes not drifting a full speed of coarse hes gonna take it slow.

Another video for the people who are really brain dead and just cant seem to grasp the concept of drifting in GTA

Not sure why a person would need a tutorial on this its the fkin easiest thing in GTA

Affalterbach
  • Affalterbach

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:46 AM

That is GTA IV not V, also they used a car mod on pc that makes it easier, i think.
  • jtet37 likes this

xSplodge-
  • xSplodge-

<InsertMemberTitleHere>

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:01 AM

That is GTA IV not V, also they used a car mod on pc that makes it easier, i think.

yeah that definitely looks like some kind of drifting mod in is use there
  • Affalterbach likes this

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

This doesn't even come close to exploring the concepts behind the vague notion of "steering", and while I agree that a strong understanding of drifting will help you understand car control, you will be doing no true drifting in GTA5/Online.

KristoLewis
  • KristoLewis

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:31 AM

Whats the IV modded handling drift gotta do with gta V?
  • jtet37 likes this

Crailz
  • Crailz

some random 14 y/o kid

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

handling.dat haha. 

i wish there was a handling.dat or .ini on ps3 gta v. or even gta v. i can make handling lines that you could drift with ease. really easy.

FertileFuZZ
  • FertileFuZZ

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

Was i just me or would it seem that the drifting the was going on, wasn't particularity fast and normal none drifting cornering would have been quicker anyways ?? 

Crailz
  • Crailz

some random 14 y/o kid

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

Was i just me or would it seem that the drifting the was going on, wasn't particularity fast and normal none drifting cornering would have been quicker anyways ?? 

it's not even natural drifting, stock drifting. it's a handling line, that helps you drift. there are wheelies lines, drift lines and super speed lines.

been using em all the time in sa-mp, since i was one of the first drifters in sa-mp, i was between the firsts to use this. 

always they were smoother, well not always. it's kinda hard to create one but when you accomodate with it, it's really easy.

sD_Killer
  • sD_Killer

Wanna get high?

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:00 AM Edited by sD_Killer, 18 April 2014 - 02:01 AM.

Your right this is a GTA 4 video and he is using a drifting mod i think, i just put the video up because it was the most Jive gta drifting video out. Regardless of the mod this guy still knows how to drift really good. 

"Whats the IV modded handling gotta do with GTA V"  Nothing other then offer some incite on what pro drifts are suppose to look like, and yes drifts like this in GTA5 can be done its just a littler harder cause you have to do lots of counter steering. 

Let me give you an example of why drifting benefits you say your in a two person race with curvy roads and lots of sharp turns or just turns in general person 1 knows how to drift well person 2 doesn't know how to drift at all or counter steer, person 1 and 2 start off the race in a mad dash to make the first turn number 1 pulls off a flawless drift taking first place while number 2 slams hood first into a wall<---thats the difference from people who no how to drift and others who dont.

Example number two: A Person is chancing you down to claim your bounty hes a bit to close for comfort so you decide to try and shake him off while testing his drifting skills, you hit full speed and take a corner likea boss while he either crashes or misses the drift completely driving past it...Watch out though if he dose know how to drift your in for a challenge. 

-KM-
  • -KM-

3rd Street Saint

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:23 AM

Well of course super cars are horrible drifters. They weren't build that way. This isn't Need for Speed.

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:02 AM

Ugh. No. That still doesn't explain at all why drifting benefits racing.

Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but people come to this subforum for a guide, and you provided them with a vague connection to something not applicable with some false information.

Drifting knowledge and ability can help a driver understand the limits of adhesion, as well as the specific ways steering, pedal input etc. effect the weight balance/grip of a vehicle, as well as providing the driver with the instincts and reflexes necessary to handle a car at the limit.

jtet37
  • jtet37

Want his Police Buffalo back.....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:12 AM Edited by jtet37, 18 April 2014 - 09:41 AM.

.....k, let me try to sum up the 'how to master steering in gtao' post:
Dont get a super until you learn to drift... heres a kewl vid w of some guy drifting from a different video game.

Besides mentioning counter steering, there were no tips, no instructions. Even in your second post, you still dont explain how to drift, any techniques, how/when to apply them, or why drifting is better or faster.

And in most cases, drifting ISNT faster than slowing down appropriately, turning in early, clipping the apex, then straightening out and going wfo as soon as possible. Drifting requires lose of traction, which is bad for control, a rolling tire is easier to control and has more grip, which is good for winning races, and also why we have abs in real life. I am aware this is not real life, but still.

Sometimes it can help get you out of jam tho, mostly if your braking too late and need to get car rotated quicker for a turn, but it wants to go straight ahead, tap the hand brake while steering into the turn and rear end will come around. Some cars (f620, comet) w a skillful driver can benefit greatly from their loose rear end, esp on tight, twisty courses. But youll lose momentum and speed, not good, and generally wouldve been faster enter the turn slower, or turn in earlier.

Ever hear the phrase 'slow in, fast out'? Now theres some driving advice. Ill bet cash that if a bunch of 1-on-1 races were held, different people, different skill lvls, same circuit, same car... and one tried to break traction and slide thru every corner, and the other raced normally, that the conventional technique wins the vast majority of races.

Check this out, wonder why it was pinned? http://gtaforums.com...ips-and-tricks/

A sure that guy could be greatest modded gta4 drifter around.....how the heck would i kno? I never played that game, ive played gta4 but w r* handling, and ive never seen anyone else drive w that handling.....so i have no control, no baseline, no experience to compare his skills against. Say hes the world champ or a random chump, i havent a clue. And there were tips or tricks stated in the vid.

Also note the all times when it looked like he was gonna lose all momentum, spin out, or crash and the vid cut away just before. Why wasnt the vid 3mins of uncut, smooth drift action from gtao? Wouldnt that have more helpful?

Inb4deadthread

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

Every second you're "drifting" in GTAV you'll be losing time to someone cornering properly.

• Zwenkwiel and Smokemadhaze like this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

Every second you're "drifting" in GTAV you'll be losing time to someone cornering properly.

this, drifting can be fun and it certainly looks cool

but if you're going for speed it's best to take corners properly.

sD_Killer
  • sD_Killer

Wanna get high?

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:37 AM Edited by sD_Killer, 19 April 2014 - 12:42 AM.

Ugh. No. That still doesn't explain at all why drifting benefits racing.

Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but people come to this subforum for a guide, and you provided them with a vague connection to something not applicable with some false information.

Drifting knowledge and ability can help a driver understand the limits of adhesion, as well as the specific ways steering, pedal input etc. effect the weight balance/grip of a vehicle, as well as providing the driver with the instincts and reflexes necessary to handle a car at the limit.

Are you fkin serious this is real life guys its GTA either take my advise and learn how to drift or GTFO.

Jet you don't need any instructions counter steering is the only thing you need to know in GTAO again not real life.

"Drifting slows me down more Q_Q" Then you clearly don't know how to drift properly so go practice it or get dominated by people who do know how to drift end of story.

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:04 AM

You're not listening, and have no clue what you're talking about. I have known more about car control than you will ever know since before you knew what drifting was.

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:51 AM

You wanna know how to control a car in GTAO, drive a muscle car lol jk

s13racer316
  • s13racer316

DRFTSLT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:19 AM Edited by s13racer316, 19 April 2014 - 07:23 AM.

Wtf... Just look in the direction you want to go (you will tend to go in that direction) and note the subtle automatic counter steer. Brake early and never while turning unless performing a braking drift (use foot brake to initiate the drift). Then just play with the throttle till you find the choice vehicle's sweet spot. It's not hard just tricky due to the auto correct steering.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users