Photo

GTA in the south

11 replies to this topic
EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:10 PM Edited by EM_JAY_86, 16 April 2014 - 08:11 PM.

If the franchise was to depict one of the southern states as its setting, which states and cities would fit best as far as, crime, cultural diversity, and iconic areas/landmarks?

Texas seems like an obvious one , due to widespread firearm ownership, the sharing a border with Mexico (some fun cartel stuff), and its depictions in movies and TV.

Which southern states/cities do you think would best suit the franchise?

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

The final boss would be a tornado you have to fight with your bare hands.

GTA: Pride Not Prejudice 

• universetwisters likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:25 PM Edited by gtamann123, 16 April 2014 - 08:27 PM.

Atlanta

New Orleans

Memphis

Nashville

Washington D.C

Jacksonville

Orlando

Daytona Beach/Port Orange

Mobile

And of course Vice City

All these cities would make for a really good Southern GTA. I envisioned a game that has Jacksonville, Atlanta, And NOLA but scrapped the other and scaled it back to just Atlanta and now I scrapped it to work on a Northern San Andreas concept. But yeah I would love to see a southern GTA as well. 

P.S: there is already A Topic for this

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Atlanta

New Orleans

Memphis

Nashville

Washington D.C

Jacksonville

Orlando

Mobile

And of course Vice City

All these cities would make for a really good Southern GTA. I envisioned a game that has Jacksonville, Atlanta, And NOLA but scrapped the other and scaled it back to just Atlanta and now I scrapped it to work on a Northern San Andreas concept. But yeah I would love to see a southern GTA as well. 

Thanks for letting me know about the other topic. Keep us updated on your Northern San Andreas concept.

• gtamann123 likes this

SonofLosSantos
  • SonofLosSantos

Thugged out. Pissed off

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:10 AM

Atlanta would be the best concept hands down...

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:20 AM

I agree that Atlanta would be awesome. But I just felt that making a San Fierro map would be fun so I decided to go with that instead of the Atlanta concept but maybe I will revisit it later. 

Atlanta

New Orleans

Memphis

Nashville

Washington D.C

Jacksonville

Orlando

Mobile

And of course Vice City

Thanks for letting me know about the other topic. Keep us updated on your Northern San Andreas concept.

I posted a preview of my Northern San Andreas map Here

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

TFW I actually am your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

Being a Georgia native I'd love to see a GTA set in Atlanta. Maybe Atlanta, Savannah and a few smaller countryside towns? Technically Rockstar already did Atlanta in their Midnight Club series. It'd be cool for someone to rip the map from that game and maybe make a small SA based mod around it. :p

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

New Orleans and Atlanta would be interesting, but I would kill to see a GTA game set in a Virginia setting, as I am a Virgininian, especially if you did something around Washington DC and NoVa (Northern Virginia), though Richmond (the state capital) could be interesting due to its insanely high crime rate and extensive array of street gangs.

I live in Roanoke (located in the Blue Ridge Mountains on the western edge of the state), and while Roanoke has crime (and crime has been increasing in Roanoke for the past decade or so) it's not known for any gangs or organized crime groups (at least not on a national level) and there are very few recognizable landmarks.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

I wouldn't think Washington DC's a southern state. If anything, it's mid-atlantic

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

I wouldn't think Washington DC's a southern state. If anything, it's mid-atlantic

But it is close enough to the South to fit in with a Southern GTA setting. I envision a GTA with a couple solid South cities like Atlanta, Nola, Nashville etc. And then maybe a DC city up in the top corner of the map.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

Most of Virginia is like that and so is Washington DC to a lesser extent. Historically DC and Virginia were considered to be culturally Southern areas (Virginia even led the Confederacy during the Civil War), but in the second half of the 20th Century, became culturally Mid-Atlantic after the successes of the Civil Rights Movement and the economic upturn and rapid industrialization for Virginia during the 50's and 60's.

In other words, Virginia used to be considered a Southern state by the US Government, but is now considered a Mid-Atlantic state. Depending on who you ask in the state, Virginia is either the southernmost Mid-Atlantic state or the northernmost Southern state. I'm more in the former category, although the city where I live (Roanoke) tends to consider itself Southern rather than Mid-Atlantic, but Virginia has culturally shifted and changed so much in the past 50-60 years compared to other Southern states it bears few traditional Southern trappings, especially in the Tidewater coastal cities of Eastern Virginia, as well as the DC suburbs in Northern Virginia. There are exceptions to this, like Lynchburg, which is fully Southern and proud of it in terms of cultural trappings.

• gtamann123 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

But it is close enough to the South to fit in with a Southern GTA setting. I envision a GTA with a couple solid South cities like Atlanta, Nola, Nashville etc. And then maybe a DC city up in the top corner of the map.

I know Virginia's kinda split up into two bits when you think of it. You got Northern Virginia which is built up, commercialized, etc. and then you have the "real" south bit like Richmond, Charlottesville, etc.

• gtamann123 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users